Interesting cover for Thor #6

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

This popped up in Dauterman's Deviantart page, with the comment saying one of these characters is Thor.

(Nice try at being cute with the insertion of Loki, smack dab in the middle.)

I like how they've thrown in randoms like Rogue, Scarlet Witch and Carol into the mix, but I think there is really just two we can focus on and that would be Jane and Roz.

Of which I mean, Roz.

Although at this point, I would prefer Jane.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

None of them "are Thor." Thor is Thor. They're just keeping the hammer warm until Marvel's trolling job is done.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should have been Kelda.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: On the bright side, if it is Roz, Thor could get a retro, Captain Planet theme.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My eyes...

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By JakeN7

Which one are Roz and Jane?

*isn't reading Thor, but still curious about female Thor's identity*

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jaken7: Jane is the doctor and Roz is in the SHIELD attire.

Just wanna say I love how they teased/shot down theories on who the female character with Mjolnir (I refuse to call her Thor) is during Thor #3.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Jane is the doctor and Roz is in the SHIELD attire.

Just wanna say I love how they teased/shot down theories on who the female character with Mjolnir (I refuse to call her Thor) is during Thor #3.

Ah, thanks. The cancer-stricken doctor was the first one that caught my eye. She'd be my guess.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Ewww girls can't be thunder gods *grumbles*

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not a bad cover

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mekboy

Who's to the left of Black Widow and Jane Foster? And who's to the right of Scarlet Witch?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh! Jane as in Jane Foster. I didn't realize she had cancer now! That sucks.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

This popped up in Dauterman's Deviantart page, with the comment saying one of these characters is Thor.

I like how they've thrown in randoms like Rogue, Scarlet Witch and Carol into the mix, but I think there is really just two we can focus on and that would be Jane and Roz.

Of which I mean, Roz.

Although at this point, I would prefer Jane.

ugh
Thor aint a girl

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: @phisigmatau:

Well, the writer and artist keep referring to her as Thor. So will I, until things change back again.

@mekboy said:

Who's to the left of Black Widow and Jane Foster? And who's to the right of Scarlet Witch?

It's one of Thor's future granddaughters who is to the left of Black Widow, but I'm not clear on who is to the right of Scarlet Witch.

Ewww girls can't be thunder gods *grumbles*

No Caption Provided

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@ms-lola: They can't !!!!! *grumbles and pets the kitty*

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All my money's on Roz

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BullPR

Everybody thinks Roz.

But in fact it's the female incarnation of Loki who picked the hammer. So now he can finally be Odin's beloved one (so yes, he wanted to be the prodigy son not daughter, but it's better than nothing.)

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Mrnoital

IT'S LOKI (crossdressing)

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DaymarePrime

Well, the women certainly do not look sexy on the cover...makes me kind of glad Thor has a mask (;)) Not bad, but very Dapper Men.

I personally think there are only two options on this cover that make sense (especially now that we know the inner monologue of Thor). Roz (pew) or Jane (pew). I really wanted it to be either one of the future granddaughters or someone surprising. I think it will end up being Jane and either Thor will not take back his rightful place because it is curing her cancer or she is doing this because she has a finite time to live and wants to go out a hero. Before it is struck down, it gives Marvel an out, as well and a dramatic ending to the storyline if she succumbs to the illness in his arms and he picks up the hammer. It will also give Marvel the ability to say "we did not take the easy way out and have magic cure her. We want to honor those that fight bravely through an illness to their last days". I think it would go over quite well and be powerful.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daymareprime said:

Well, the women certainly do not look sexy on the cover...makes me kind of glad Thor has a mask (;)) Not bad, but very Dapper Men.

I personally think there are only two options on this cover that make sense (especially now that we know the inner monologue of Thor). Roz (pew) or Jane (pew). I really wanted it to be either one of the future granddaughters or someone surprising. I think it will end up being Jane and either Thor will not take back his rightful place because it is curing her cancer or she is doing this because she has a finite time to live and wants to go out a hero. Before it is struck down, it gives Marvel an out, as well and a dramatic ending to the storyline if she succumbs to the illness in his arms and he picks up the hammer. It will also give Marvel the ability to say "we did not take the easy way out and have magic cure her. We want to honor those that fight bravely through an illness to their last days". I think it would go over quite well and be powerful.

I think you are onto to something here. I would have preferred one of his granddaughters as well, or even his mother (she was my first choice), but if it were to go like you've suggested above, I could deal.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daymareprime: they need to stick to their stories and stop with the social comentary. This is fiction. It's a noble sentiment but to me and others like me I'd rather they don't let it be Jane going out like that. To begin with, I HATE Jane foster. I don't want to rejoice over that kind of death but if it is her, I will still be happy she's dead. Just to have this stupid @$$ story done with. Be it Roz or Jane, they need to die.

@phisigmatau: NEVER will be!

@haveatthee: TRUE THAT'

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it has to be Jane or some Mortal when she speaks she don't sound like an asgardian or viking.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them "are Thor." Thor is Thor. They're just keeping the hammer warm until Marvel's trolling job is done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd guess Roz. Jane has cancer and specifically told thor on two occasions she doesn't want to be healed with magic. So unless she changed, she wouldn't pick up mjolnir. And having it be Roz would be a payoff for introducing that character. Can't wait til all this nonsense is over

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Love this series so far. Dauterman's art is swank.