I like Jane Foster as Thor... But I don't

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Allow me to explain.... I love the idea, I REALLY like the look, it's all great but... I think it's going to end badly for Jane and end up with a lot of disappointed people who actually DO like this.

I know, I know, it's been out a while by now, but I feel it's time to address this because it HAS been out a while. Eventually Thor's gonna come back and get Mjolnir, it's a given, but? Where does that leave Jane? I honestly think Marvel needs to try and work a way to let her continue being a superhero because? I REALLY like this set up and wish to see it continue. A lot of people have said it's making that old What If comic canon.

In that comic? Jane found Mjolnir, which Odin had sent to Earth to punish Thor and teach him humility by taking away his weapon instead of sending Thor HIMSELF to Earth. Jane found it and ended up with all of Thor's powers, calling herself Thordis after a girl she met in nursing school from Norway. This is actually a good call for a couple of reasons. Thordis can be translated as "Thor's goddess" or more literally as "Thunder goddess" as Thor is Old Norse for thunder. Another is that it ties her to the Norse pantheon without actually making her a full fledged goddess or member of them.

I really think this needs to be kept around and let Jane still keep the limelight since? I honestly love the dynamic since it goes back to the OLD days of Thor, back when they actually paid attention to the idea that a mortal had the power of Thor and is very Captain Marvel-esque(DC's Captain Marvel that is). A mortal given the powers of a god.

Just me but? I really would like to see this stay in SOME form for a LONG time because there's nothing wrong with expanding the Thor Family outside of Thor, Beta Ray Bill, and occasionally Loki, and now Angela.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really think this needs to be kept around and let Jane still keep the limelight since? I honestly love the dynamic since it goes back to the OLD days of Thor, back when they actually paid attention to the idea that a mortal had the power of Thor and is very Captain Marvel-esque(DC's Captain Marvel that is). A mortal given the powers of a god.

Unfortunately you need to read Thor with more attention because Blake was not a real character, and like Jane, Norvell, Jake and Eric stories were pretty bad and not about Gods and Asgard, that's why they are all dead...

I appreciate that you post here (Thor topics) about something that is very unpopular i hope the discussion stays on the O.P content, but if there will be there a lot disappointed people (not a lot of Thor fans) there also will be happy people when Jane is not Thordis anymore, i m not hypocrite and will say that i will be very happy when the current creative decisions die for good, not for the character himself but for the Pr stuff and the writer behavior with the original Thor fans, that was exactly the problem for Jane, to build Thordis Aaron destroyed Asgard and Thor and we should accepted her like Bill? I Accept Angela because her story also build something positive in Asgard and open doors to new concepts like the Angels, Jane story only destroyed Asgard and the Gods concept, the majority of Thor fans dislike Aaron and Marvel current creative decisions and will not support this character in the future...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see what you mean. All of the new readers will be disappointed when Jane is done being Thor. Maybe they will become actual Thor fans after that though, so that's good. I don't see how Jane can keep being Thor. Firstly, she shouldn't. Jane needs to go back to being a human who Thor likes and goes and visits every now and then. And I don't see Odin making her a hammer like he did for Beta Ray Bill. He let Thor and BRB fight to see who deserved the hammer, yet he feels Jane stole it (which she did)

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@asgaard: I mean as in the origin, where Blake was essentially just a guy who found Thor's hammer and gained his power, not exactly Thor himself.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly if they wanted to make her a superhero then I'd be fine with it, but doing so in a PR stunt was disgraceful

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I mean as in the origin, where Blake was essentially just a guy who found Thor's hammer and gained his power, not exactly Thor himself.

Blake was Odin's creation to punish Thor, i respect you opinion but Thor concept has nothing to do with Shazam...

What makes Jane as Thordis Asgardian is the hammer and that is pretty stupid concept, not only make the hammer a character, but think humans can be Gods and change their beliefs systems, Gods are Gods because they are not humans and vice versa, i respect that you like it, but this has nothing to do with Thor and Asgard core, unlike Angela that also was a journey into the mystery of the Gods in that 6 issues, Aaron just humanize Gods and told a story that destroyed a lot of concepts, so Thor is not about Gods anymore, but what is the purpose of this comic in the Marvel line Up? Once Jane story is over she just can't fit Asgard... new hammer? Doesn't work because she needs character Mjolnir to make her have Thor and the Asgardians Knowledge/behavior and characteristics, this is the price of a female version of Thor, if was Sif wielding Mjolnir she could have a future in a new book, currently Aaron is just pleasing the new readers, but Gorr was about Gods and sooner or later that concept will be back with him or a new writer because it's this comic purpose, there are a lot other comics about humans in the Marvel line up...

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No... There's no reason for her to have her own hammer we already have a mace and another hammer. Let Jane be Jane and whatever readers leave once Jane is done aren't real Thor fans they're Jane's fans and they can go with her.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WastelandMan

Honestly if they wanted to make her a superhero then I'd be fine with it, but doing so in a PR stunt was disgraceful

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rpgesus

if only gorr came around today....

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

just let her die.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: I ECHO THY SENTIMENT FELLOW WARRIOR!!!!

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

just let her die.

@thorson: I ECHO THY SENTIMENT FELLOW WARRIOR!!!!

haha, the hatred is strong in these two! While I'm not going to go that far I have been quite disappointed in how it was handled, but I've made no secret of my views. I do think regardless of what they eventually do with Jane Marvel are laying the groundwork for the next controversy/outrage when Thor Odinson finally does reclaim Mjolnir.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HaveAtThee

What's the reason she's worthy? Her courage in the face of illness and the Nick Fury whisper of doom. Awesome way to elevate a character'sstatus. This concept was doomed from the start. Honestly, I'm tired of talking about it, though, so I'll leave it at that.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I for one cannot wait for this to be behind us and a long forgotten bad dream.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont mind for Jane to be a Goddess of Thunder.what I do mind is that the name Thor that she now possess.Thor was always a name,not a title.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel the same, though I think we may have a year or more of restless nights ahead of us.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:

I feel the same, though I think we may have a year or more of restless nights ahead of us.

true that. how long before we get back to Sif being the women for Thor and good stories again is even further down the road.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef
deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wish it was anew character tbh

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: One day it shall come to pass, hopefully sooner than later. Thor has seen highs and lows throughout his existence, he will weather this storm as he has so many others.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natedwag said:

so many people wish that same thing. Jane seems to odd and also she seems forced like the very cancer she has it just does not sit right. A new character you could easly give her a hammer shake her hand send her on her way like Eric to live or die by her her own story. Like Eric however he died a horrible death of nobody wants to read about identity theft characters.

Make something fresh or get out the way.

To many insults to injury for anybody that reads Thor , so Jane is worthy but Captain America is not? So Jane is worthy but Black Widow is not? so what defines worthy because it is not the warrior code it seems for Jane is no warrior and yet she picks up the hammer and becomes the most renown fighter of history making her better then Thor himself. So lets see Thor whom spent life times learning how to fight could have just saved himself a ton of time and just picked up some magic rock and poof instant great fighter.

Hey look gang everybody come pick up this rock so we can save time and traning and we all can become great warriors.

Why not just let everybody touch the hammer and save tons of money on training?

Lets make a hammer for doctors and nurses and people in every walk of life.

Sure would put all the other heroes to shame that had to work to learn something.

Then on top of all the insults and the whispers tossed about.

If you die from anything but a warriors death its not a good worthy death and fighting cancer however hard and harsh on anybody.

Is not a warriors death nor does it make you worthy.

What made Thor afraid is that Jason seemed to be entering a time when even he did not know what he was going to write.

The whisper was....

"Run Thor the nothing is coming"

I mean is the story really doing anything other then wasting time and fans money?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i agree with everything you said, but holy shart... thats what Fury said? Disappointing to say the least.

@natedwag said:

so many people wish that same thing. Jane seems to odd and also she seems forced like the very cancer she has it just does not sit right. A new character you could easly give her a hammer shake her hand send her on her waylike Eric to live or die by her her own story(im sorry im not familiar with that, mind giving me some info?

To many insults to injury for anybody that reads Thor , so Jane is worthy but Captain America is not? So Jane is worthy but Black Widow is not? so what defines worthy because it is not the warrior code it seems for Jane is no warrior and yet she picks up the hammer and becomes the most renown fighter of history making her better then Thor himself. So lets see Thor whom spent life times learning how to fight could have just saved himself a ton of time and just picked up some magic rock and poof instant great fighter.

Hey look gang everybody come pick up this rock so we can save time and traning and we all can become great warriors.

Why not just let everybody touch the hammer and save tons of money on training?

Lets make a hammer for doctors and nurses and people in every walk of life.

Sure would put all the other heroes to shame that had to work to learn something.

Then on top of all the insults and the whispers tossed about.

If you die from anything but a warriors death its not a good worthy death and fighting cancer however hard and harsh on anybody.

Is not a warriors death nor does it make you worthy.

What made Thor afraid is that Jason seemed to be entering a time when even he did not know what he was going to write.

The whisper was....

"Run Thor the nothing is coming"

I mean is the story really doing anything other then wasting time and fans money?

underlined the points i asked. Damn near underline the whole post

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natedwag: still no word on what that whisper was actually, @arthurkerr has a tendency to, um, I guess you could say "elaborate" on things more than average, not a bad thing, you just need to get used to and understand his unique style.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natedwag: still no word on what that whisper was actually, @arthurkerr has a tendency to, um, I guess you could say "elaborate" on things more than average, not a bad thing, you just need to get used to and understand his unique style.

either way... odin should have been able to pick it up

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natedwag: yeah, no kidding, the guy who freakin' had the hammer forged and placed the enchantment upon it in the first place, in effect Mjolnir is imbued with the Odinforce and as such should be Odin's to command. Aaron has corrupted the hammer and the reality is it's not Thor who is unworthy of Mjolnir, but Mjolnir that is unworthy of Thor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natedwag: yeah, no kidding, the guy who freakin' had the hammer forged and placed the enchantment upon it in the first place, in effect Mjolnir is imbued with the Odinforce and as such should be Odin's to command. Aaron has corrupted the hammer and the reality is it's not Thor who is unworthy of Mjolnir, but Mjolnir that is unworthy of Thor.

heh that would be a twist

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By arthurkerr

@natedwag said:
@antithetical said:

heh that would be a twist

well it is odd Thor is ever the hero he is the embodiment of standing up for friends of protecting family and going where no soul will tread. So to say he is unworthy is foolish for he shows his worth every single day.

In battle in even when warn out tired and all the rest he still goes on.

A true warrior to the end.

This is the definitive Worthy Warrior of the Norse.

Then a whisper he drops the hammer and all of a sudden he does not feel himself.

So one hell of a whisper let me tell you.

Maybe they said Boskin robbins really does not sell ice cream.

That would do it for me.

Oh shizzle no double duch no sprinkles.....what shale I do...

Oh well nothing matters anymore.

I quit.....

Somebody else say hammer time....

Get that sickly women she will do nicely....

I will be at Sheetz having a large coffee and a sub....

Bother me no more....

I wonder does Jason change what it means to be worthy on a story to story basis?

Oh no girl scouts are worthy , but boy scouts are not.

Oh that was yesterday boy scouts are worthy girl scouts are not get away from Janes hammer little girl...

But mister you said I was worthy...?

Scram girly scram!

I think he may be winging this.

Marvel please send me more vodka....

I had a idea but forgot it...

soon you will see Hulk no long smashes but he does say....in accent of the British...

Smashingly good oh been smashinly good.. Tisk tisk.....all in good cheer I think I need a foot massage....

Where is Thor? Because sad days have arrived when our hero sits at a bar and cries in a beer instead of being the hero , singing drinking songs and raising troop spirit as we know any good Prince of Asgard would do.

Jason you dropped the ball.....

I think it rolled that way.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: SO PERFECT!!!! That's why it attached itself to a sickly loser. No one else would have it! Makes perfect sense to me!

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: it seems so obvious, and would ultimately make for a better explanation than what they're liable to come up with.