User Lists: 0

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@jayc1324: Thanks for the notice. I was about to just give up on going to the Thor thread minutes ago :)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

From Wonder Woman's thread, to this. What is up with all this hate on Respect/Appreciation threads?

@jayc1324 said:

@unbreakable_fs4: there's a new current respect thread for Thor that's awesome.

Can you post a link to it?

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: You're welcome

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Thor doesn't fight slowly all the time. He beat sentry who uses his speed. And he did block a strike from wolverine with his hammer once. He also was stated to move as fast as the lightning he commands. And lastly there's him swinging his hammer faster than light speed. Flash was tagged by Deathstroke many times, because he doesn't always go his fastest. And character statements aren't really completely valid as feats. Now, most times Thor fights slow but I believe he has the ability to be pretty fast as well.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jayc1324: I'm not getting into this again as it's caused enough trouble in this thread but I've proven to you on countless occasions that Thor is a slow fighter with street level combat speed and reflexes at best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: But you're also ignoring the good speed feats he has. But sure, I'll wait until it comes up again somewhere else

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@jayc1324: I'm not getting into this again as it's caused enough trouble in this thread but I've proven to you on countless occasions that Thor is a slow fighter with street level combat speed and reflexes at best.

blatantly false, we have seen thor on countless occasions block projectiles/energy blasts at higher than street level reaction speeds, and we have seen him avoid projectiles/energy blasts at high level speeds

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

OMG not this again.(the topic I mean. Not your post)

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Why are you ignoring his good speed feats?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: Actually you're both right. There are showings of him fighting like a dumb brute only swinging or throwing his hammer. But there are also times that he fights smart. Showing off his speed, skill and versatality of his power set along with his brute strength. When making an argument for Thor in battle threads I've come across many people saying that even if he has the speed feats, they're not consistent or that they're too old to count. But there is something that needs to be acknowledged when saying this. Thor's history on a single continuity is much much bigger than say Superman or any DC character for that matter because DC characters always get rebooted every onece in a while. Because of that 8 feats for X DC character in 20-25 years seem much more consistent than 8 fetas in 50 years for a Marvel character. I actually remember only 3 moments where he gets punked by a street-leveler. He actually has many speed feats over the years that range from punking Quicksilver and Hermes to out-running senses Heimdall(writer states that he can sense a single insect starting to move while also perceiving all other beings seperately,all the way from Asgard) to blocking lasers after they're fired or a micro-second reaction feat or throwing his hammer at light speed. His skills are also pretty good. Like him defeating Ulik while de-powered, making Atlas, Hermes and Ares look like a bunch of pushovers(at the same time dodging his hammer as it was about to hit him long story) and defeating a s*it load of demons while depowered and also there was something about him stalemating Cap in a boxing match.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#315  Edited By THORSON

hope he is shown a lot better in AOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are you ignoring his good speed feats?

Because that's tantamount to cherry picking to suit your argument rather than basing your argument on consistent feats and showings. And Thor's consistent speed feats indicate that he isn't above a street leveller in combat speed. It's as simple as that.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So here we go again...

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By Spiderman1997
No Caption Provided

@jayc1324 said:

@spiderman1997: do you have any scans of that stuff? Just wondering

Makes a mockery of these guys(Hermes, Atlas)
Makes a mockery of these guys(Hermes, Atlas)
Deflects laser after it's fired
Deflects laser after it's fired
No Caption Provided
Writer explaining Heimdall's senses
Writer explaining Heimdall's senses
Thor being a blur to Heimdall
Thor being a blur to Heimdall
Thor digs a trench around the Avevengers before they can react(notice Quicksilver isalready in motion)
Thor digs a trench around the Avevengers before they can react(notice Quicksilver isalready in motion)
Deflecting Hyperion as he was trying to blitz him
Deflecting Hyperion as he was trying to blitz him
Warlock makes a mistake thinking Thor is slow
Warlock makes a mistake thinking Thor is slow
Microsecond reaction feat
Microsecond reaction feat
Catches the speedster Zefra(created by High Evolutionary using Thor's DNA)
Catches the speedster Zefra(created by High Evolutionary using Thor's DNA)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: just out of curiosity are you making a new respect thread ? If the time limit for current Thor is like 15 years I have some good scans from the Dan Jurgens run.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman11997 already been made, also pm me the scans so I can add them please.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By arthurkerr

I like where he says about Mjolnir his birthright eternal. Meaning he does not need to be worthy he is always worthy lol

but hey why ask why.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By THORSON

let the THOR be with you.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: Sorry for the late response I didn't see the tag. I'll do it tomorrow it's pretty late over here. Can you send me the link to the thread ?

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Zarathos022

And to think that Marvel is throwing all this out the window in favor of an impostor running around with his hammer.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By 4Thor

@lvenger: Original Sin The Tenth Realm (Discussion was Thor tired in Angela first fight ?)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@4thor: Id still say thats a low showing for Thor for the fact he needs to wait forever for clouds to use lightning and gets exhausted from fodders, glad they cleared a bunch of stuff up though

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: He only got hit by one energy blast. I fail to see how that weakened him.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By 4Thor

@lvenger said:

@4thor: He only got hit by one energy blast. I fail to see how that weakened him.

Poor writing in all Original Sin Event, main and spin offs, i fail to understand even more how he become unworthy with a whisper in issue 7! In The Tenth Realm event they should give more emphasis that in the beginning Thor was fighting the Angels army by himself!

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Indeed you failed to see a lot of things about this comic in particular. I told you long ago that the angels said he was weakened then I showed you that when he got blasted he wasn't bleeding and they didn't show Thor being hit even once with any weapon and still he was bleeding by his nose and mouth SO that and the fact he was fighting a lot of Angels(an army actually) made him got hit and tired thus not so strong, durable or fast.

Even by this statement saying he wasn't just tired but EXHAUSTED and not ''focused'' you still fail to see that he was weakened.

So like 4Thor said they should have given more emphasis that Thor was fighting a lot of Angels just like in this last issue where the Queen was just calling for more and more machines that got destroyed. That would leave less wrongly interpretations.

And I'm sorry about the way I behaved last time, I'll try harder not to ''judge'' you but still you shouldn't make it so hard.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Lvenger

@themadsurfer: Nope, you failed to see a lot of things about this issue. Thor only got hurt once by an energy cannon and that somehow made him weakened enough to be beaten by Angela? Sorry but it was clearly Thor's lack of combat speed coupled with his poor reflexes that allowed Angela to beat him. Not any 'weakness' on Thor's part. There's no evidence to support Thor being hurt more than that so the wrong interpretation would be imagining any damage on Thor's part where none was shown. My mind isn't changed by this new issue nor is your argument strengthened in any way. The more valid position remains that Thor was hardly weakened and was then shown up by Angela with her superior speed in battle.

And I shouldn't make it so hard? You were the one throwing around petty insults and poor arguments like a glove last time. I was only doing the former, not the latter. And the mods reprimanded you as well as me.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By 4Thor

@lvenger: sorry but you interpretation off the Original Sin The Tenth Realm is not correct, because if you read Thor character, i m sure you do, you know that he has a great durability, and if not weakened, he will not go down (K.O) with only 3 shots given by a character that said to have less brute force than him, (Angela first fight), he was exhausted that's why in the second fight he was able to fight back, Original Sin was crap but you shouldn't ignore the last issue facts.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Lvenger

@4thor: No it doesn't change the fact that Angela speed blitzed Thor into submission. She used her superior speed and comparable physicals to hurt him along with her axe to cause him more damage. Thor wasn't fast enough to react to her and went down to her attacks. You shouldn't ignore the facts of Original Sin 5.3 either, it only does your argument way more harm than good in terms of its credibility. Not to mention that Thor's street level combat speed is supported by over a dozen showings in the past to supplement my claim's validity.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was explicitly stated twice that Thor was tired from fighting the Angels in round 1, I don't know what you're blathering on about. In round 2 the natural order of things was promptly restored with the man besting the woman. Angela is obviously swifter and an argument can be made in her favor that Thor wielded a superior weapon, that's what you should be telling them

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah lets keep pretending that when we are exhausted we are in 100% of our capability.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By themadsurfer

@lvenger: Yet I wasn't reprimanded by the mods at all while you...

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: look i m Thor fan for what he represents, i really don't care if he is street level or whatever, that's totally irrelevant to me, i was just trying to show you that you made a wrong interpretation of the fights between Thor and Angela, you chose to ignore a clear statement made by Thor himself ("before you faced an exhausted warrior"), after that there is no purpose to keep debating this subject with you.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: Your opinion on these matters isn't valued as always Archi. As with the rest of your charmingly dreary and antagonistic comments across the Vine.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: And you choose to ignore the fact that one hit seems to equal weakness for Thor. I thought you knew him better than that?

@lvenger: Yet I wasn't reprimanded by the mods at all while you...

SC told me he'd have a word with you for your poor behaviour on this thread as well. Even if he didn't, he disapproved of your actions too. Don't play Mr Innocent when you were riling me up with your poor logic.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yes they said for me to stop saying you aren't a Thor fan that's all, while you were the one who got reprimanded by insults. Your logic is poor by thinking that any autor would think a cannon blast from a regular machine would make him exhausted.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yes they said for me to stop saying you aren't a Thor fan that's all, while you were the one who got reprimanded by insults. Your logic is poor by thinking that any autor would think a cannon blast from a regular machine would make him exhausted.

Lvenger is a bit of a stubborn mule like the people he likes to consort with

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By ThorOdinson24

@lvenger: Yeah but Thor says he was exhausted and had no heart in the first fight so it was not a high end feat for Angela even tho she speed blitz Thor in the first fight Thor was not trying and he beats her in the second fight.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By Lvenger

@foamborn said:

@themadsurfer said:

Lvenger is a bit of a stubborn mule like the people he likes to consort with

I believe that the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" has never been more appropriate nor ironically more appreciated than now given the hypocritical accusation made by the angry militant femi-Nazi here.

@lvenger: Yeah but Thor says he was exhausted and had no heart in the first fight so it was not a high end feat for Angela even tho she speed blitz Thor in the first fight Thor was not trying and he beats her in the second fight.

The fact Thor said that is laughable. Since the people commenting on here are all Thor fans, I'm sure you all remember the time when Thor, as a young boy bear in mind, FOUGHT AN ENTIRE ARMY FOR 80 DAYS STRAIGHT.

No Caption Provided

And yet one shotting angels and robots can now tire him out over a short period of time? Riiight....