Can Kurse really deflect Mjölnir?

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He should be more powerful than Odin right? And we're not talking about strength but magical power. I mean the hammer weighs as much as the uru in it plus the handle. But is the enchantment that makes it immovable, no? And I know that in Thor the dark world Kurse deflecting mjolnir can be a cool scene, and after that see Loki be the 'hero', but it's kind of lame. Mjolnir can't do anything and Loki stabs Kurse with a spear?? But well I gues this is in the interest of the story, cause after that we see Thor and Jane trying to find shelter from a huge tornado... I thought Thor would control that.. But well, as I was saying, Can Kurse really deflect Mjolnir?

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By youmessinwithme

Kurse when he is empowered by the Beyonder could deflect mjolnir. He's twice as strong and tough as Thor and then that's increased to 4X. plus He ha sa liing armor that heals itself making him even tougher.

Kurse before he dies when he's algrim the strong would get clapped by Thor's fist never mind Mjolnir.

He has virtually no magical powers not even comparable to Odin or even loki or the enchantress in any way.

The hammer is supposed to be forged from the heart of a dying star(neutron star) according to some story's and therefore would be extremely heavy.

in the very first Thor comic(JIM) there was no enchantment. it was simply "so heavy no one but Thor could wield it. Now it seems immovable solely because of the enchantment

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Algrim becomes Kurse he becomes way stronger than Thor so I guess slapping away Mjolnir isn't such a gigantic feat. I wondered the same thing at first during the film, but it was a way for the screenwriters to have Loki making the heroic save. I personally would've liked to see Thor and Kurse go at it for a little while longer, and perhaps with Loki's help.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not in the comics.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

no, thAT BATTLE SCENE WAS OKAY.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah okay I get it, just a quick thought. If let's say the hammer has no enchantment and it weighs like a neutron star, Thor has to be very very strong to lift it, so if Hulk could not lift it, or did so but for a very short time, then why all the debate on who is stronger, it's clearly Thor, right?

Now if the hammer has the enchantment, that's a different story, it's magic, and Kurse could not have deflect it, right?

It's just sometimes there are a lot of contradictions...

Thanks guys!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandru84: The Hammer has always had the enchantment in the 616 universe to the best of my knowledge he has lifted it when there hasnt been an enchantment.

CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thing that should be pointed out is that Kurse sort of deflected Mjolnir from direct impact but he didn't stonewall it, nor does this feat necessarily imply that he could have lifted it. Maybe he could have but there isn't enough to go on. The only thing we can see for sure is the power he possessed rivaled the power the Asgardians were empowered with. So there seems to be no absolute heirarchy as far as these different power sources are concerned so far.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah okay I get it, just a quick thought. If let's say the hammer has no enchantment and it weighs like a neutron star, Thor has to be very very strong to lift it, so if Hulk could not lift it, or did so but for a very short time, then why all the debate on who is stronger, it's clearly Thor, right?

Now if the hammer has the enchantment, that's a different story, it's magic, and Kurse could not have deflect it, right?

It's just sometimes there are a lot of contradictions...

Thanks guys!

because right there you can tell something is off. Hulk and thor go at it, and it's a close battle, but then if thor was the lift the hammer effortlessly but hulk struggled, then that would be confusing as to why someone who could very well be his equal can't life the same weight. So yeah I am going to assume it's always enchanted

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: You're right and that's my point, when he battles the hulk it the hammer is enchanted, but after that Kurse comes along and deflects the hammer, kurse being very strong and all, but posseses no magical powers or at least to match odin's.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hammer naturally weights an extreme amount, the enchantment just lets people that are worthy + Thor to pick it up regardless.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goobot: But if it weighs that much, how come the dwarfs were able to make it? And how come every time it sits on the ground doesn't cause anything to the earth below it? I really think the hammer is not really heavy, it's just unmovable due to the enchantment.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel films don't generally care about hierarchy or continuity, per se. That scene was written for the impact of Kurse's raw strength.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Considering his strength and durability I'd say Kurse could deflect Mjolnir if he was ready for it.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Spideysense44

^^agreed

nimrods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nimrods

Kurse might have deflected the hammer but he's not worthy enough to lift it. Deflecting requires only physical strenght. Lifing requires worthiness (or if you can break the enchantment).

kreg_penny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's hammer only weighs 42.3 pounds. It was forged -in- the heart of a dying star, not -from- the heart of a dying star.