Current Thor easily.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cmartin

looking t the scans of wolverine vs thor with the hammer and lighting...

id have to ask how?

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sommyt

@cmartin: this is what happens with poor writing :( any thor would pound wolvies skull in ..period@Pyrogram:

noo Thor is not slower than wolverine ...Thor said that he easily dodged his blows ...thats like saying i throw something at you and you dode it does that mean that you are faster than me ....NO

wolverine said that Sabertooth lost speed for strength is taken out off context ...

yes wolvie said this but that was because Thor was Brawling = powerfull jabs and strikes

while sabertooth is know to fight in a more animalistic manner ..... Thor easily saw hermes the god of speed and was able to easily keep up with him visually

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

It's bad writing when people don't understand the motifs and their history.

Considering Thor has been blitzed by Mongoose twice, blitzed by Spider-Man, called slow by Captain America, had issues tagging Quicksilver (cause of Thor was just so gosh darn fast that wouldn't have been a problem) and said Wolverine was faster doesn't make it "bad writing". It is consistent. And Hermes is a terrible example since fricken Ares shot him with a nail gun. I guess it was also bad writing considering he was trying his best to not physically decimate Wolverine and get him back to his senses. Hell, Wolverine barely damaged him and only managed to draw a little bit of blood from fleshier spots on his body. If anything it was a good durability showing for Thor considering Wolverine has sliced into Namor, Hulk, Thing, Gladiator, Thanos etc.

Thor held back as to not harm him. Wolverine was not holding back because he thought he was Sabretooth. When Thor had enough he stomped him. Don't see what the big deal is.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sommyt

@god_spawn: its simply bad writing all the characters here ur talking about is ..so funny u r trying to prove this point ...third reaction made the silver surfer question his own freaking speed r u kidding me .... and now u r basically saying captain America is faster than Thor .lol

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cmartin

@god_spawn said:

Considering Thor has been blitzed by Mongoose twice, blitzed by Spider-Man, called slow by Captain America, had issues tagging Quicksilver (cause of Thor was just so gosh darn fast that wouldn't have been a problem) and said Wolverine was faster doesn't make it "bad writing". It is consistent. And Hermes is a terrible example since fricken Ares shot him with a nail gun. I guess it was also bad writing considering he was trying his best to not physically decimate Wolverine and get him back to his senses. Hell, Wolverine barely damaged him and only managed to draw a little bit of blood from fleshier spots on his body. If anything it was a good durability showing for Thor considering Wolverine has sliced into Namor, Hulk, Thing, Gladiator, Thanos etc.

Thor held back as to not harm him. Wolverine was not holding back because he thought he was Sabretooth. When Thor had enough he stomped him. Don't see what the big deal is.

.... but with lightning and hammer....

and it is bad writing .... thor has housands of years of battle experience but ... couldnt deal with wolverine hand to hand....

marvel writers..... (shakes head)

oh and wovlverine isnt faster than thor

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sommyt

@god_spawn: another thing it is not possible to fly fater 5000x the speed of light .or fly and save red hulk from a black hole...and at the same time have reaction time of wolvie.moongose.captain America. Spider-Man etc..ur mind. Must react at such speed so that u can perceive your environment

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By THORSON

he'd bitch slap logan so hard, his adamanitum would escape his skin.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By z3ro180

Yep he can

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@sommyt said:

@god_spawn: its simply bad writing all the characters here ur talking about is ..so funny u r trying to prove this point ...third reaction made the silver surfer question his own freaking speed r u kidding me .... and now u r basically saying captain America is faster than Thor .lol

I'm just repeating what is shown consistently. I'll just repost what I said in a debate before with the scans included.

Thor is supposed to have superspeed (he does in travel) but in combat and reflexes, the likes of Mongoose has blitzed him, whom Mongoose I believe can't tag Spider-Man.

Thor is blitzed by Spider-Man (Masterson again, but Cap said their speed is relatively the same).

Cap stating Thor is slow, both Masterson and regular Thor.

And Thor admitting Wolverine is faster.

End

Silver Surfer hardly uses his speed in fights either. Silver Surfer has been tagged by Rhino, Spider-Man, and the Thing. So it doesn't exactly do anything for Thor that he hit the Surfer or Surfer was surprised by his speed. Surfer when he actually utilizes his speed is faster in combat than Thor anyway.

@sommyt said:

@god_spawn: another thing it is not possible to fly fater 5000x the speed of light .or fly and save red hulk from a black hole...and at the same time have reaction time of wolvie.moongose.captain America. Spider-Man etc..ur mind. Must react at such speed so that u can perceive your environment

So you cherry pick one feat from Thor yet when I bring up quite a few consistent examples, I'm crazy? And considering Mjolnir does all the fast flying, not Thor, your point is irrelevant.

@cmartin: So do Ares and Hercules. Yet their thousands of years of battle experience are usually set on one style of fighting and overpowering their opponents, same thing as Thor. Thor has yet to show fighting feats on par with Captain America, Daredevil, or Wolverine. Just because he is fighting so long doesn't mean much if he hasn't shown much for it. Yeah, Thor has some fighting feats like with Mjolnir when depowered by beating some thugs, those zombie robot things IIRC, and beating Sif in a sword fight when they were younger. Captain America casually plows through rooms of soldiers with weapons. Daredevil held off 100 superhuman Yakuza members and a weakened Wolverine was prepping to face off against 52,000 opponents by himself. Even Donald Blake, the crippled alter ego of Thor managed to beat up some thugs by himself. Until Thor has something better than fodder feats, he isn't exactly established as a top contender.

And I didn't say Thor can't deal with Logan in h2h. Logan is more skilled, there is no getting around that, but Thor is too durable and strong and will eventually connect, just like he did in their fight. And yeah, Wolverine physically moves faster in combat than Thor on a regular basis.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By xxxddd

Consistently bad writing.

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Asagod

Thor wins without Mjolnir.

Thor stomps with Mjolnir.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By evilvegeta74

Very easily! This is one reason why: Superhuman Strength: Wolverine's mutant healing factor enables him to push his muscles beyond the natural limits of the human body without injury, granting him some degree of superhuman strength. His natural strength is augmented by the demand placed on his musculature due to the presence of over 100 pounds of Adamantium bonded to his skeleton, which also removes the natural limitations of the human skeletal structure by allowing him to lift weights that would damage a human skeleton. Wolverine has been depicted with sufficient strength to break steel chains , support the weight of a dozen men with one arm and lift the 955 lb Ursa Major over his head before tossing him across a room. Wolverine's strength is enough to allow him to press somewhere in excess of 800 lbs but no more than 2 tons

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15  Edited By SC  Moderator

@god_spawn said:

I agree with this as far as quality of writing. When you have some Marvel writers who have written Thor say they believe he is slow and some Marvel writers who have written Thor say Thor is very fast the writing and comics is going to reflect this inconsistency without it being about good or bad writing. This is where feats/examples fail because comics reflect whats best for the story not whats accurate in an objective sense which comics will never try to portray.

As for thread, Thor is fictional and so is Wolverine. Both could team up and defeat Galactus with a spoon, or get defeated by Marrow and Stevie Hunter. Maybe a better question might be how consistent would it be for Thor to beat Wolverine in a hand to hand exchange, and even that unfortunately depends.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kgb725

thor s strength and durability will prove alot in the fight and he can still control winds logan would be kept in the fight by his healing and possibly a berserker state but couldnt hold up in the long run

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By New_World_Order

Thor

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGodofThunder

People thinking Wolverine could actually take Thor is testament to how badly he has been abused as of late.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gravitypress

@TheGodofThunder said:

People thinking Wolverine could actually take Thor is testament to how badly he has been abused as of late.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

This is why you are my favorite. "Don"t tell the others"

romica1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By romica1969

Thor spanks Wolverine. Hard. Every time.

And this coming from someone who thinks Thor fans are some of the biggest whiners in all of comicdom.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: Lol why?

And I won't. As long as Mage remains unmodded I shall rule.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

Well don't tell Mage, but you would probably be my favorite Mod. As for this... Well I like it when someone throws kinks in a fan parade. Hell I enjoy Decoy Elite and Inner_Venom in the Storm forum. They keep the more fanboy prone on their toes.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991 said:

@god_spawn said:

Well don't tell Mage, but you would probably be my favorite Mod. As for this... Well I like it when someone throws kinks in a fan parade. Hell I enjoy Decoy Elite and Inner_Venom in the Storm forum. They keep the more fanboy prone on their toes.

We do that a lot. As a result either people hate us or love us LOL.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991 said:

@god_spawn said:

We do that a lot. As a result either people hate us or love us LOL.

Some have tact and are knowledgeable. Others are just annoying. Keep it classy GS.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fifthchild

Thor certainly can beat Wolverine without his hammer and lightning though its a potentially dangerous fight. Wolverine is probably quicker, more skilled and if he lands the right attack with the claws it could prove fatal. In Thor's favour he typically wears armour which should at least offer some protection and Logan isn't always written as someone who can bounce back from hits from Class 100 types.

If Thor still has his weather powers (sans lightning) though he would be well served by catching Logan in some kind of tornado. Though that may be difficult given the level of precision required.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Epicbeast3000
@god_spawn: Those are his low end feats, His high ends ones are keeping up with gladiator and silver surfer, able to tag hermes, catch the Zefra, and being able to move so fast, Hela could not touch him.
cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cmartin

@god_spawn said:

@sommyt said:

I'm just repeating what is shown consistently. I'll just repost what I said in a debate before with the scans included.

Thor is supposed to have superspeed (he does in travel) but in combat and reflexes, the likes of Mongoose has blitzed him, whom Mongoose I believe can't tag Spider-Man.

Thor is blitzed by Spider-Man (Masterson again, but Cap said their speed is relatively the same).

Cap stating Thor is slow, both Masterson and regular Thor.

And Thor admitting Wolverine is faster.

End

Silver Surfer hardly uses his speed in fights either. Silver Surfer has been tagged by Rhino, Spider-Man, and the Thing. So it doesn't exactly do anything for Thor that he hit the Surfer or Surfer was surprised by his speed. Surfer when he actually utilizes his speed is faster in combat than Thor anyway.

@sommyt said:

So you cherry pick one feat from Thor yet when I bring up quite a few consistent examples, I'm crazy? And considering Mjolnir does all the fast flying, not Thor, your point is irrelevant.

@cmartin: So do Ares and Hercules. Yet their thousands of years of battle experience are usually set on one style of fighting and overpowering their opponents, same thing as Thor. Thor has yet to show fighting feats on par with Captain America, Daredevil, or Wolverine. Just because he is fighting so long doesn't mean much if he hasn't shown much for it. Yeah, Thor has some fighting feats like with Mjolnir when depowered by beating some thugs, those zombie robot things IIRC, and beating Sif in a sword fight when they were younger. Captain America casually plows through rooms of soldiers with weapons. Daredevil held off 100 superhuman Yakuza members and a weakened Wolverine was prepping to face off against 52,000 opponents by himself. Even Donald Blake, the crippled alter ego of Thor managed to beat up some thugs by himself. Until Thor has something better than fodder feats, he isn't exactly established as a top contender.

And I didn't say Thor can't deal with Logan in h2h. Logan is more skilled, there is no getting around that, but Thor is too durable and strong and will eventually connect, just like he did in their fight. And yeah, Wolverine physically moves faster in combat than Thor on a regular basis.

thor is under written i do not believe for one minute some scrawny guy who was injected with steroids should have better fighting skill than a god that has been fighting for eons.... because he happens to be called captain AMERICA .. that is a load of bollocks.

this is the reason why i got older i gravitated to dc.... marvel is just mostly full of shit

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@cmartin: It isn't. You take fighting length as skill. In comcis it does not apply. If I swung a hammer for thousands of years and just overpowered enemies, that does not translate to skill. Thor and Cap have been around for a long time and none of Thor's skill showings suggest he is on Cap's level. I have already said Thor does have some skill, but he isn't a top tier in skill. You and every other hardcore Thor fan on here can complain about it as much as you want but it doesn't change that fact that Marvel has always seen the likes of Cap, Wolverine, Daredevil etc as better fighters because they actually have showings to back it up and even the Marvel Handbooks call them better fighters.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Here you go, people. Thor's skill level according to Marvel. Thor is only a 4. Which makes him according to the handbook power grid an "experienced fighter".

Wolverine's according to Marvel is a 7. According to Marvel that makes him a "master of all forms of combat."

And unlike Thor, Wolverine actually has top tier skill feats. Thor is a good and skilled fighter, but I have never seen anything to suggest he is a master in anything.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cmartin

@god_spawn said:

@cmartin: It isn't. You take fighting length as skill. In comcis it does not apply. If I swung a hammer for thousands of years and just overpowered enemies, that does not translate to skill. Thor and Cap have been around for a long time and none of Thor's skill showings suggest he is on Cap's level. I have already said Thor does have some skill, but he isn't a top tier in skill. You and every other hardcore Thor fan on here can complain about it as much as you want but it doesn't change that fact that Marvel has always seen the likes of Cap, Wolverine, Daredevil etc as better fighters because they actually have showings to back it up and even the Marvel Handbooks call them better fighters.

I dont agree with the sense behind that , thor has used swords battle axes etc at some point over thousands of years he would be doing more than swinging a hammer, which is why i find marvel nonsensical at times, I also am quite aware of what the handbook says... that is what I am specifically calling nonsense.

also they always say wolverine fighting skillis at the topof the heap but he always seems to get slapped around.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@cmartin: I was being general about his style of fighting. He has nothing to put him as a top tier in terms of skill. And Wolverine's rap sheet is still a mile wider and longer than Thor's as far as skilled opponents he has faced and beaten. Same with any other top tier MA fighter in Marvel like Bucky, Daredevil, Black Panther etc.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By Decoy Elite

Thor has been fighting for a long time, but during that long time he's always had his powers. He has never had a reason to train in h2h to the extend of dudes like Wolverine. He brawls because brawling works for him, same with other high end characters like him. Yeah, they're not unskilled by any means but they really do and should spend more time working on their powers rather than their simple fighting skills.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

He's still stronger than Wolverine. I don't see why he can't just pick the irascible, copiously hairy Canadian up and throw him into the moon.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@cmartin said:

@god_spawn said:

I dont agree with the sense behind that , thor has used swords battle axes etc at some point over thousands of years he would be doing more than swinging a hammer,

All useless since Thor is unarmed in this hypothetical battle. Also, even if he did have weapons, its not like Logan hasn't faced off against enemies with swords and battle axes.

Thor's combat speed isn't too impressive, and his hand-to-hand combat skills are respectable, but are nowhere near characters who have that trait as something that defines them (Wolverine, Daredevil, Black Panther). He at most is an experienced brawler/wrestler, with a couple inconsistent (as well as minor) here-and-there martial arts feats. Sure, he's lived thousands of years, but that doesn't change anything since he barely displays his fighting ability in on-panel. Keep in mind that Logan resided in Japan, so he was heavily based on martial arts skills, and Thor resides in Asgard, and heavily relies on swordsmanship, brawling techniques, war tactics, etc. etc.

To be honest, Logan has done more with martial arts in hundreds of years than Thor has done in thousands.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Illuminatus said:

He's still stronger than Wolverine. I don't see why he can't just pick the irascible, copiously hairy Canadian up and throw him into the moon.

Oh he'd win the fight certainly.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Thor punts Logan into one of Jupiter's moons without the slightest strain to his lower body. 

You Wolverine fanboys need to stop letting your bias cloud your judgment.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Illuminatus said:

Thor punts Logan into one of Jupiter's moons without the slightest strain to his lower body. You Wolverine fanboys need to stop letting your bias cloud your judgment.

Wolverine stabbed Thanos that one time so SHHHHHHHHHHHHH your face.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Decoy Elite: Wolverine has stabbed or attempted to stab almost everyone. It has sort of lost its novelty. 
JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By JakeN7

@TheGodofThunder said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Thor

@THORSON said:

he'd bitch slap logan so hard, his adamanitum would escape his skin.

@sommyt said:

@cmartin: this is what happens with poor writing :( any thor would pound wolvies skull in ..period@Pyrogram:

noo Thor is not slower than wolverine ...Thor said that he easily dodged his blows ...thats like saying i throw something at you and you dode it does that mean that you are faster than me ....NO

wolverine said that Sabertooth lost speed for strength is taken out off context ...

yes wolvie said this but that was because Thor was Brawling = powerfull jabs and strikes

while sabertooth is know to fight in a more animalistic manner ..... Thor easily saw hermes the god of speed and was able to easily keep up with him visually

@Pyrogram said:

Current Thor easily.

I find it really hard to accept all of your opinions when either your username, your avatar, or both makes you all out to look like biased, over-zealous, Thor fanboys. I feel like had some pretty good points that were pointed out objectively without prejudice. That having been said, I don't necessarily think any of you are wrong, just biased. I honestly am indifferent on this issue, as I'm not sure who would win. I feel like a bloodlusted, morals-off Wolverine would stomp a gimped (no thunder or Mjolnir) Thor, but I honestly don't know.

@Illuminatus said:

Thor punts Logan into one of Jupiter's moons without the slightest strain to his lower body. You Wolverine fanboys need to stop letting your bias cloud your judgment.

Funny...I basically said the same thing to Thor fanboys.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Illuminatus: But Thanos was a god at the time.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Decoy Elite: God, shmod. 
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Illuminatus: Ah, but you fell into my trap. Because you see who else is a god? That's right Thor, thus Wolverine should be able to stab him easily. BAM!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44  Edited By Pyrogram

@god_spawn said:

Cap commented once at Thor's H2H abilities in a disassembled issue. Thor is no dummy in H2H.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Pyrogram: Again, I'm not saying he is a moron in fighting. I was being general about his fighting style because that is what a lot of his training comes down to is using weapons and stats without a whole lot as far as skill goes to make him a top tier like everyone here seems to think he should be.. I've already said Thor is solid fighter multiple times in this thread, he is just no Captain America let alone Wolverine..

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cmartin

@Pyrogram said:

@god_spawn said:

Cap commented once at Thor's H2H abilities in a disassembled issue. Thor is no dummy in H2H.

I know he isnt or shouldnt be...

what was the comment?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By JakeN7

@Pyrogram said:

@JakeN7: I am not a mindless fanboy. Don't accuse people

I never accused you of being a mindless fanboy. I said you were a fanboy sure (don't you dare pretend you're not, I'll happily give you a list of characters I'm fanboys of if you want. It's not a bad thing to be a fan) but that doesn't mean I think you're mindless. I just thought it was hard to take your opinion at face-value when you're obviously biased and didn't present any evidence to back up your stance.

if you do expect to come out losing that debate with me.

I will expect no such thing
I will expect no such thing

Anybody who said wolverine will beat Thor obviously lacks intelligence.

Now who's being accusatory? Jeez...hypocrite.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pyrogram

@god_spawn said:

@Pyrogram: Again, I'm not saying he is a moron in fighting. I was being general about his fighting style because that is what a lot of his training comes down to is using weapons and stats without a whole lot as far as skill goes to make him a top tier like everyone here seems to think he should be.. I've already said Thor is solid fighter multiple times in this thread, he is just no Captain America let alone Wolverine..

I agree with you :) It is weird though.. In one thread people were saying as Thor is thousands possibly hundreds of thousands of years old he could beat Bruce Wayne in H2H if they had equal stats 0_0 It was not even Thor fanboys saying it either, like most people agreed. How threads differ in opinions...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Pyrogram: Considering I have been here for over 2 years, I've come to learn to take things from the quality of the user vs the quantity of the users.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pyrogram

@god_spawn said:

@Pyrogram: Considering I have been here for over 2 years, I've come to learn to take things from the quality of the user vs the quantity of the users.

Well said xD