Anyone Jealous of the GOTG?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By THORSON

I've been thinking. As a major THOR fan who has had high expectations on The THOR movies which should have been way better than what was presented. I'm a bit jealous at the same time happy, but still jealous of the GOTG success compared to THOR.

THOR in the movie universe is a cosmic hero with a cosmic background. THOR has a lot of indept stories, environments, drama, characters that would work magnificently on the big screen. THOR movies can work in various genres from adventure, to drama to romance, bit of horror, action to even comedy.

When I picture a THOR movie I picture a lord of the rings, hobbit type feel of a movie with a wide, story that never ends. No THOR movie should have a conclusion, asgard should never be safe, THOR should never be at ease, enemies always have to be present.

Anyways, When I see GOTG they were really able to do a lot of things well that THOR movies struggle to do such as explore planets and places, include a vast number characters of different races. Allow other characters to show off, the pacing was fine, compared to THOR earth scenes with jane really killed the movie, now that I think of it.

Groot probably said more in 1 movie than Hogun in 2 movies.

Many may disagree with my thoughts and how I stated a few things, but do any THOR fans feel bad that the GOTG movie was better than the THOR movies?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Wow, this thread is weird.

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Thor_Donar

@thorson: movies and music are very subjective, I m a Thor fan and yes in my personal opinion Gotg was better than both Thor movies, Jane Foster and Kat Dennings character and their misfit and goofiness kill the cosmic background of Thor, if you want a real cosmic Thor movie, 90% of the movie has to be outside of midgard in Asgard and the 9 realms.

You also have to to contextualize both Thor movies and Gotg, when the first Thor movie was released Marvel studios brand is not what is today, and the second Thor movie wasn't released in summer and face heavy hitters like Hunger Games 2 and Frozen, Gotg had no real competition since the release date.

I hope that Marvel Studios get a new director for Thor 3 and and a strong and mythological villain like Surtur.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um....no?

Why would anyone hate GOTG for being a good movie?

Beata

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@thor_donar:

There was a rumor that Thor 3 is going to be about Enchantress as villian and Valkyrie as female support characther.

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@thor_donar:

There was a rumor that Thor 3 is going to be about Enchantress as villian and Valkyrie as female support characther.

Rumor ? it's to early the movie is not written yet! In my opinion Enchantress and Valkyrie are out of equation, they only made any sense if Jane or Sif died in Thor 2.

Enchantress is not mythological, and doesn't fit the cosmic profile that probably the film will have, let's not forget that the Infinity Gauntlet and the Tesseract are in Asgard.

My guess for the movie plot, is a connection of Thanos sending someone to take the mentioned items, Beta Ray Bill and Surtur!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_donar:

Some say that Amora suposed to be/Inspired on Freya the Norse Goddess of Beauty and Love. Amora worked with Loki on comics and has a past with Valkyrie. And she is a sorceress although Asguardian seems to be more cosmic than actual magic. Plus since gem tend to be weapons or objects seems it is easy to put either Soul or Time gem on Thor.

P.S: I said a rumor because on Thor 2, it was released a photos of characthers where Valkyrie and a pegasus were on it.

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thor_Donar

@vitalius: Ok i agree with your mythology connection of Enchantress with Freyja, but only in past Thor runs.

After Fear itself Marvel change Frigga identity to Freyja, later in Matt Fraction The mighty Thor she had a origin story where she was placed as Vanir.

New Eddas studies also point that Frigga and Freyja could be the same character in N Mythology.

Enchantress also would be to similar to Loki, movies are very different from comics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_donar: Sure they are kind similiar. To be fair having again Loki is getting tired and Thor 1 and Thor 2 was very similiar on terms of the storyline. Plus Enchantress could be working with Thanos to get the gems and because she is asguardian and her powers, she knows the place and she could easly get the gems.

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: You are right, but Loki at the moment is as popular as Thor in MCU, he will have a very big role in Thor 3, but anything is possible Enchantress could appear, if Jane dies in the beginning of Thor 3 ( i hope so), she has better chances (Villain and love interest)!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_donar:

Some Rumors said that Jane and Thor will break up before Avengers 2 and she dating a new guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thor's films needed more Sif. A lot more Sif. Like, Sif-ilitis infestation kind of more. Hopefully this will still come to pass. Plus, it's all just growing pains. These films just seem to be getting better and better and I anticipate another Thor film would reflect that. With Sif.

Sif.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: I feel your pain bro , to me Thor had the worst movies of the bunch , smh . After seeing GOTG they have the technology & capabilities to do a really good Thor but for some reason they keep doing these no imagination Thor movies . Thor 2 was a step up from Thor 1 but was still bad . The movies don't give you a real feel of the characters . I mean Malakeith is one of the best sorcerers in the realms & he showed no display of that what so ever . Thor travels to various parts of the universe but they keep him so grounded . Thor has so much potential on the big screen . IMO the only thing marvel did good was the casting . Hemsworth is an awesome Thor but the writer & director should he replaced ,

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: I feel your pain bro , to me Thor had the worst movies of the bunch , smh . After seeing GOTG they have the technology & capabilities to do a really good Thor but for some reason they keep doing these no imagination Thor movies . Thor 2 was a step up from Thor 1 but was still bad . The movies don't give you a real feel of the characters . I mean Malakeith is one of the best sorcerers in the realms & he showed no display of that what so ever . Thor travels to various parts of the universe but they keep him so grounded . Thor has so much potential on the big screen . IMO the only thing marvel did good was the casting . Hemsworth is an awesome Thor but the writer & director should he replaced ,

I think Marvel and feige has a lot to do with the terrible movies, than the directors.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um....no?

Why would anyone hate GOTG for being a good movie?

Beata

i thought jealous and hate had to different meanings.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@thorson: I agree, the Thor movies need a shift in tone similar to what happened with Cap: The WInter Soldier. It needs to be closer to the current book in tone and more like a LotR and movie version of GoT (with less sex and gore).

Allaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Allaric

@thor_donar:

You hit the nail right on the head , every time they brought in Jane Foster and her friends the movie took a downward turn for the Thor character , as they make Thor look suddenly stupid compared to his female co stars I don't think the movie writers understand that Thor being thousands of years old and involved in technology and the arcane is a good bit smarter than they portray him.

It seems to me that the movie creators see the Thor character as nothing but mindless beefcake and therefore portray his female counterparts as substantially smarter than Thor to appeal the female audience, apparently the movie writers think the female ego cant handle a guy being attractive and intelligent.

Honestly it's like all the writer have Thor confused with Thrud the Barbarian .

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@ms-lola said:

Thor's films needed more Sif. A lot more Sif. Like, Sif-ilitis infestation kind of more. Hopefully this will still come to pass. Plus, it's all just growing pains. These films just seem to be getting better and better and I anticipate another Thor film would reflect that. With Sif.

Sif.

You're saying you want a good dose of Sif-ilis?

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: More Sif, less Jane. Heck even the actors attitudes within interviews should be taken into consideration. Jamie Alexander in multiple interviews, mentions her love for comics and enjoys her role as Sif (she kicks ass), where as Natalie Portman is suited to more 'complicated' projects (artsy fartsy bullshit), so stuff like Thor is not on par with HER... 'superior craftsmanship' as an award winning actress (she doesn't really enjoy the role apparently, it kinda reflects in her performance).... Oh and more Zachary Levi.