Any interest in the Secret Wars "Thors" book?

• 60 results
antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'll probably have to wait until I see a preview to say one way or another, but from what little I know about the premise of the book I'm not all that excited about it.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Asgaard

With an interesting premise i could read it... But wait the writer is Aaron the Asgardians Butcher... By default NO...

Probably the human female Thor will teach Old King Thor how to wield mjolnir properly, and have better feats than him, just how Aaron's current writing works...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

But wait the writer is Aaron the Asgardians Butcher... By default NO...

lol!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm pretty excited for it. Aaron has been great on Thor.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Can't wait. Aaron has been great on Thor. I'll probably pick up weird world in trade as well. Arkon vs Thor!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bunch of knock off Thors and crappy current thor pretending to be cops in a oneshot spawning from what will likely be a terrible mega event? No thanks. Its not like current Thor is worth reading about now anyway. Jason Aaron has not taken this time to show how awesome Thor is without his hammer, but has instead cut off his arm and caused him to act like an idiot wasting his time trying to find out who female Thor is. I don't trust Jason Aaron with thor right now, and I'm definitely not interested in seeing him write a bunch of lesser Thors either. Not interested in seeing him write about a better Thor either, since according to Aaron female Thor is better than the real Thor.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I expect it will be an unprecedented mess of a story with the addition of having to tie into the larger event, not to mention if it's out of continuity with the current storylines then what's the point once everything inevitably returns to normal and picks up where it left off? Probably have more than a couple Thors meet their demise in the line of duty.

Barqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Barqs

when I first got into comics I used to read every Thor comic that came out, and I loved the first 25 issues of thor god of thunder... but now.. oh my god no... its not that a girl picked up thors hammer that bothers me ( actually I really could get into this idea if it wasn't for) but how they tried to killed Thor in almost everyway possible for this to happen. marvel comics are dead to me now except for maybe to odd deadpool comic

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barqs said:

when I first got into comics I used to read every Thor comic that came out, and I loved the first 25 issues of thor god of thunder... but now.. oh my god no... its not that a girl picked up thors hammer that bothers me ( actually I really could get into this idea if it wasn't for) but how they tried to killed Thor in almost everyway possible for this to happen. marvel comics are dead to me now except for maybe to odd deadpool comic

Would've been better if they'd have actually killed him from the start rather than engage in a campaign of character assassination, right?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Not reading current comics at the moment. The whole concept of Secret Wars this time around isn't really needed (a giant would-be reboot that's really a huge retcon to introduce a few characters?) nor interesting. Some weird pseudo-cosmic police force with different Thors just sounds goofy.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: As quite a few have said, for the most part it's an excuse to bring Miles Morales into the 616, but other than that it will likely end up being an utterly pointless diversion and a year from now the question will be "Secret Wars happened why?" The whole "Thor Corps/God Squad/Thunder Cops" concept comes off as silly to me as well and other than maybe the Angela 1602 book I'll be (im)patiently waiting for this to all be over at the start of '16.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After all the Secret Wars junk, I would wish to see the Asgardians relatively self-contained in their own titles. I think the concept of Angela being the long-lost sister is mildly interesting and I'd like to see Marvel commit to that idea, as well as have her title mesh with Thor and Loki's. They can all go on their own journeys but it would be interesting to see them pop up in each others' book every so often. Some mild shared continuity without derailing the books.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. Can't wait for it.

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Makentsu

In all honesty no I'm not interested in Thors and it's not because of fem-Thor but because of the fact that aaron has shown that he just can't write a good mystery(fem-Thor's identity) let alone a murder mystery(Original Sin) it's not his strong suit and yet he keeps trying to do a mystery,dude must love his NCIS.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You betch Ya I will, hopefully it's a bit more lively than the current seris

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makentsu said:

In all honesty no I'm not interested in Thors and it's not because of fem-Thor but because of the fact that aaron has shown that he just can't write a good mystery(fem-Thor's identity) let alone a murder mystery(Original Sin) it's not his strong suit and yet he keeps trying to do a mystery,dude must love his NCIS.

Or Matlock... definitely Matlock caliber.

No Caption Provided

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LooksLikeRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makentsu said:

QFT.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

A bunch of knock off Thors and crappy current thor pretending to be cops in a oneshot spawning from what will likely be a terrible mega event? No thanks. Its not like current Thor is worth reading about now anyway. Jason Aaron has not taken this time to show how awesome Thor is without his hammer, but has instead cut off his arm and caused him to act like an idiot wasting his time trying to find out who female Thor is. I don't trust Jason Aaron with thor right now, and I'm definitely not interested in seeing him write a bunch of lesser Thors either. Not interested in seeing him write about a better Thor either, since according to Aaron female Thor is better than the real Thor.

No Caption Provided

When Thor incarnations from different timelines & realities get together, it should be against an epic, fabric of time & space-threatening menace. Not to get together & solve murders like a bunch of cosmic cops...which is pretty much what Aaron describe the premise as...all incarnations of Thor are warriors, not cops or detectives. It's a ludicrous idea for a Thor comic & a waste of the "Thor Corps" concept. It's like Aaron was watching an episode of Blue Bloods or Law & Order and said: "Hey! I want to do that..except with a bunch of Thors!" To me it sounds just that ridiculous.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makentsu said:

Or Matlock... definitely Matlock caliber.

No Caption Provided

This seriously made me LOL! I nearly spewed Mtn Dew out my nose!! The funniest things are the ones that are so true!

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: lol! yeah, at first I was looking for a Grandpa Simpson "Matlock" meme, but ran across that one and it seemed too appropriate not to use.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

wouldn't mind them at all.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They'll be as interesting I bet as current THOR material I bet.

adderworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By adderworks

Right, I am torn between jumping on the mystery bandwagon argument and my dislike of the fake Thor. My short answer is no - I have no real interest in the story. I hope that Thor gets his hammer back from the imposter at the end of this not so secret war and Marvel stops with this PR stunt. They have enough females in Asgard that they can do a comic run based on an existing character without gutting the Thor character.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Can we get a link to the interview where aaron said female thor is better?

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Winter_Kills

@winter_kills: lol! yeah, at first I was looking for a Grandpa Simpson "Matlock" meme, but ran across that one and it seemed too appropriate not to use.

LOL it was, very appropriate!! That's the kind of storytelling that Aaron & many writers use today!

(Plus, I loves me so Grampa Simpson!)

No Caption Provided

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Makentsu

@atheistknowledge: @asgaard: @haveatthee: @antithetical: @winter_kills:I just found the second cover for the book and if I had to guess I'd say it'll play out like a spider-verse version of Thor but with it being a murder mystery style.

No Caption Provided

We'll still have to wait for issue 1 to come out to determine if I'm right but for the most part I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of Thors are found dead and they have to find the culprit*cough*Gorr**cough.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Asgaard

@makentsu said:

@atheistknowledge: @asgaard: @haveatthee: @antithetical: @winter_kills:I just found the second cover for the book and if I had to guess I's say it'll play out like a spider-verse version of Thor but with it being a murder mystery style.

No Caption Provided

We'll still have to wait for issue 1 to come out to determine if I'm right but for the most part I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of Thors are found dead and they have to find the culprit*cough*Gorr**cough.

So definitely the Original Sin sequel...

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard:XD,pretty much I mean it is Aaron we're talking about wouldn't be his story without some needles mystery.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makentsu said:

@asgaard:XD,pretty much I mean it is Aaron we're talking about wouldn't be his story without some needles mystery.

Like you said Aaron must be NCIS biggest fan, he created a mystery (Whisper) that is pure P.I.S.and doesn't fit Thor character but will be eternal to feed his mystery fetish forever...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By antithetical

@makentsu said:

@atheistknowledge: @asgaard: @haveatthee: @antithetical: @winter_kills:I just found the second cover for the book and if I had to guess I'd say it'll play out like a spider-verse version of Thor but with it being a murder mystery style.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, I saw that cover a few days ago, not much to say, though I've been under the impression the whole point of Secret Wars is to "cull the herd" so to speak, eliminate a lot, if not most, of the alternate timelines/universes and consolidate all the popular characters into a single universe. Pointless pile of bulls#*t if you ask me.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Winter_Kills

@asgaard said:
@makentsu said:

@atheistknowledge: @asgaard: @haveatthee: @antithetical: @winter_kills:I just found the second cover for the book and if I had to guess I's say it'll play out like a spider-verse version of Thor but with it being a murder mystery style.

No Caption Provided

So definitely the Original Sin sequel...

I was thinking the same thing, Brother. A pointless plotline that really doesn't go anywhere, where the crime & its perpetrator and reasoning is so ill-defined and the heroes go about trying to find it like dogs chasing their tails....I personally think Aaron has watched WAY too much CSI & NCIS. That kinda stuff might work with some characters, but not Thor...but then again look at the kinds of junk he's gotten away with with Thor...

@makentsu said:

No Caption Provided

Yeah, I saw that cover a few days ago, not much to say, though I've been under the impression the whole point of Secret Wars is to "cull the herd" so to speak, eliminate a lot, if not most, of the alternate timelines/universes and consolidate all the popular characters into a single universe.Pointless pile of bulls#*t if you ask me.

No Caption Provided

Totally agreed, 100%. Like @asgaard and @makentsu said, more of Aaron's "suspenseful" writing(I swear, e went to the same school with M. Night Shyamalan or something, creating mysteries that really weren't mysteries to the readers/viewers, just PIS devices) that we got an example of in Original Sin that brings us nothing but PIS, or "the MU according to Aaron", as I also like to put it. I agree with you wholeheartedly, this event is merely an opportunity to eliminate as many alternate version of characters/univereses as they can to put the most "popular" versions in one single universe. I have no doubt Aaron will use this series to eliminate several versions of Thor from alternate timelines and past timelines that are interesting, maybe other hammer-wielders from 616. (If they do something to BRB, I'm seriously gonna be pissed!!) I just have this sneaking suspicion that it also gives them the perfect opportunity- or should I say excuse- to "write off" iconic versions of the characters like the real Thor Odinson and Steve Rogers and justify leaving their replacements in their place, as we see in the so-called "All-New, All-Different" Avengers. I hope I'm wrong, but the way Marvel Comics is right now, and the writers & editors that are in control, I have no doubt that they would do this very thing given the opportunity, to push their PIS-fest, controversial PR/PC agenda they love so much, and push not only great characters but fans like us under the bus.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical said:

@winter_kills: I have the same concerns, that Marvel could off the classic, iconic versions of much loved characters and leave the replacements in their stead. "Oh, don't like menstruating Thor or Falcon Cap? Well too f#@&ing bad, that's all you're gonna get!

No Caption Provided

I LOL'ed at that, man, because it is so freakin' true. I just have this overwhelming feeling that's what they're gonna do, based on comments from Brevoort and higher-ups at Marvel who have basically said that their current plans and what is controversial matter, not what we, the fans, think or feel. That's stuck in my friggin' craw ever since. If that is the approach they are taking post-SW, then no more current books for me for awhile. I think I'll read pre-Original Sin Marvel(the classics up til then), & the MCU, before the mass media PR/PC controversy machine went into overdrive and turned into the character/continuity/creativity/dream-devouring monster it currently is. I'll come back when they come back to their senses and realize that people don't want shadows of their iconic characters, but new, interesting stories with the real deals, with the infinite potential that already exists within them waiting to be tapped by the talented and creative. And when they et their priorities straight and realize longtime fans matter, and are the life's blood of the medium- alienate them, and all you have left is the casual readers, and when the next "in" thing comes along they move on and jump on it...then what are they left with? They put as much forethought into that as they put into their current storylines, IMO.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Asgaard

@antithetical: @winter_kills: @makentsu: This is for A-Force #3: (credits to @ms-lola: in Angela Topic)

No Caption Provided

Is that Loki in Sif's body again like in JMS run? BRB hammer looks like Mjolnir instead of Stormbreaker.... Old King Thor is more powerful than Odin but Aaron and Marvel editorial think he fits this pointless battles, did you guys saw or read anything positive for Secret Wars? I didn't...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Considering 99% of Secret Wars looks to be one huge clusterf#*@k of throwing any and every iteration of Marvel characters into the mix that may or may not be the 616 Loki, or BRB, or King Thor, etc... I for one will be glad when this fiasco is over and done (and then likely still annoyed with the fallout).

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I totally missed this thread, thanks @asgaard for tagging me.

I have no idea what's happening here. I didn't even see the Thors cover until now. Based on what I know, it looks like She-Hulk is being set up for the murder of one of the Thors (I'm guessing it's the real Thor, which would make me very, very, upset) and now the Thors are after her. Lady Loki looks to be the culprit based on what we know of her since it was also said that one of A-Force was responsible for setting up She-Hulk. Kinda obvious to use Lady Loki, but then again, Lady Loki was always Loki in SIf's body, right? So, to me, that make her/him the villain that she/her was depicted in the 616 world.

Ugh. I'm getting so confused. I should look into this more.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By antithetical

@ms-lola: Well Loki did take female form again after Sif was restored to her true form around the end of the JMS run, so not necessarily Loki in Sif's bod.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@antithetical: Totally forgot, thank you! Now it makes things even more annoying because where the f_ck is my Sif in this new Battle World...(cries)

Makentsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I'm guessing that might be a Loki from another universe unless Last Days Of Loki says otherwise.The only way they can use OKT is if they have him trounce the team and then at the last minute they get saved by Loki or someone else who talks him out of it unless they decide to have the singularity chick be OP for the story.As for Secret Wars I haven't heard anything yet but I'm pretty sure we'll have to wait till the May 6th for the main book to come,only a prologue has come out so far.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@antithetical: Totally forgot, thank you! Now it makes things even more annoying because where the f_ck is my Sif in this new Battle World...(cries)

Yep, as recently as the Tenth Realm mini. And you're right, haven't seen Sif in any of the promotions or previews for this event.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: @makentsu: @ms-lola:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

1 Pic JMS run

2 Pic Secret Wars

3 Pic Tenth Ream event

Thoughts? For me SW Loki really looks like JMS run...Love when Sif has spotlight but even without knowing the plot i will say that i don't like the preview...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I still don't think that's Loki/Sif, just the reference used for the design. Could be wrong, though I guess we'll find out at some point.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I still don't think that's Loki/Sif, just the reference used for the design. Could be wrong, though I guess we'll find out at some point.

But could be Sif/Loki...(Sif in control of the body) that scenario has Secret Wars vibe, and like @ms-lola: said no clue where will be Sif and other Asgardians in SW, and A-Force book core is only for "real" females...

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like an exercise in how NOT to write Thor or Asgardian based characters.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like an exercise in how NOT to write Thor or Asgardian based characters.

Simply a continuation of Aaron's downward spiral with this corner of the MU. Cut him loose to focus on his Star Wars run, since Asgard is now a side project for him.