#1 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Loki and I'm all for any character associated with THOR. But damn, these "fangirls" are ruining the comic fun for us nerds in general.

Hemsworth has done a fabulous job as THOR. and I'm not hating on tom. but it's just getting annoying. you go on comicbookmoive and its people talking about tom go on youtube and its the same thing.

comicbook movies are for us nerds and fanboys.

#2 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

......So, the general audience can't enjoy comic-book movies too?

Either way, you went to CBM. You can't expect to read comments on that site and not be annoyed.

#3 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6157 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: Any hardcore fanboys or fangirls are annoying. Especially those Loki fanboys that go on forum sites and name their accounts stuff like "LOKISON," make their display pic Loki, capitilize every letter in Loki whenever they post, and only talk about Loki.

#4 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

In all fairness, look at the dude at work.

He's awesome.

#5 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6157 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

I don't hate Loki and I'm all for any character associated with THOR. But damn, these "fangirls" are ruining the comic fun for us nerds in general.

Hemsworth has done a fabulous job as THOR. and I'm not hating on tom. but it's just getting annoying. you go on comicbookmoive and its people talking about tom go on youtube and its the same thing.

Why does only one of these words have quotation marks?

That and the last sentence kind of makes it look like you're saying that comic books films aren't for girls, but I can't tell if that's what you mean.

#8 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: thats what it sounds like he is saying. One of thosse people who would be like " fake nerd girl" etc... can't say it is that. But that was tje vibe i got

#9 Posted by Joygirl (18802 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

In all fairness, look at the dude at work.

He's awesome.

I'm pretty sure that many panties haven't hit the floor since Elvis Presley's death.

#10 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6157 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: If that's the whole point to this thread, that comic book movies are made just for guys and not girls, this is probably as bad a troll thread as this:

http://www.comicvine.com/captain-america/4005-1442/forums/i-dont-like-you-captain-america-letter-1478917/

#11 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4644 posts) - - Show Bio

hahahaha I don't see what's the big deal with him... but I aint mad at anyone.

( + )

#12 Edited by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesssss lol

#13 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate loki..... why why why must we see him in another thor movie

thor 1 avengers now thor 2.... he is wimpy.... .... huk took him out in 2 secs

how boring to use the same villian over and over again.....

lloki sucks

#14 Edited by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

No they aren't. Comic book movies haven't been made for comic book fans in a long time. Its difficult to pinpoint exactly where this trend started, but I would tentatively place it somewhere around the time Batman Begins came out

#15 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagineman16: I don't know where people got the idea that superhero movies have to be accurate to the comics.

#16 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: I can understand wanting to respect the source material, but people get hung up on the littlest things. Unless the next Hulk movie is a family drama about Banner taking up ballet dancing as a form of anger-management therapy, I'm not going to be thrown into a blind rage at any changes. Some things simply don't translate onto the screen well and require re-working.

#17 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagineman16: It's not just that. People don't understand that the movies aren't just made for comic fans and that it's a telling, or retelling of a story from a different point of view. Nolan made the Dark Knight trilogy through his eyes, not Batman fanboys'.

#19 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: Exactly! I understand why some people have trouble grasping that concept, but at this point it seems like it would have sunken in somewhere along the line.

#20 Posted by MaccyD (3580 posts) - - Show Bio

Bahahah! We'll get our revenge next time round by being uber Ultron fanboys :P

(Also, I wasn't being sexist, it's just fanpeople sounds so,so,so bad).

#21 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Hiddleston and Hemsworth have BY FAR the best chemistry when it comes to the hero/villain dynamic. They're both perfect for their respective roles.

#22 Posted by SamRevlon (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: I can understand wanting to respect the source material, but people get hung up on the littlest things. Unless the next Hulk movie is a family drama about Banner taking up ballet dancing as a form of anger-management therapy, I'm not going to be thrown into a blind rage at any changes. Some things simply don't translate onto the screen well and require re-working.

LAWL. Congrats because now I have that mental image in my head.. Curse you.

#23 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: just saying they shouldn't spam with "tom is so hot" comments.

#24 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: Any hardcore fanboys or fangirls are annoying. Especially those Loki fanboys that go on forum sites and name their accounts stuff like "LOKISON," make their display pic Loki, capitilize every letter in Loki whenever they post, and only talk about Loki.

how can i be annoying? I barely comment on this site.

#25 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

I like boyish men (my husband is pretty fresh faced and skinny :3), but I don't see what Loki's Legion sees in Tom Hiddleston. Maybe I'm just not that kind of girl.

#26 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7594 posts) - - Show Bio

I must admit I didn't like the character of Loki much before the movies, I just thought of him being a bit one dimensional. Hiddleston's performance though as been a joy to watch so far.

#27 Posted by phisigmatau (464 posts) - - Show Bio

I did believe he was a better villian, or at least on par with Ledger's joker. But people would give me to much flack for that. I found him deeper and more interesting.
At the same time I hate loki, so yeah, he's a pretty awesome villian.

#28 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6157 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: It's just that you were complaining about annoying Loki fan girls, while you are so obviously a gigantic Thor fanboy.

#29 Edited by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: though not articulated in the best most sensitive manner I think I understand what's bothering you. It's like those non-comic fans are robbing you of the movie you wanted as a Thor comic fan. It's like the casual fans on tumblr who are always posting memes of Loki from the movie. Or the plethora of people who now identify themselves as fans yet never read a comic in their life.

Yeah, if that's what you mean, that's annoying. But they have just as much a right to enjoy the movies as we do. But yeah comic nerds can get territorial as these are characters we don't just casually enjoy. My advice is find a way to get used to it though because Marvel movies and their characters are now as mainstream as "mainstream" gets. It's done a lot of good for us comic fans too. You got to take the good with the bad sometimes.

#30 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

Why does only one of these words have quotation marks?

That and the last sentence kind of makes it look like you're saying that comic books films aren't for girls, but I can't tell if that's what you mean.

the point i'm saying, is that they don't have to spam with "loki is hot comments", plus i'm not saying girls can\t be fans, they just need to have knowledge of the comic world before acting like they are a fan of comics just because they have seen a movie.

#31 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

I hate loki..... why why why must we see him in another thor movie

thor 1 avengers now thor 2.... he is wimpy.... .... huk took him out in 2 secs

how boring to use the same villian over and over again.....

lloki sucks

you really can't have THOR without a glimpse of Loki. if we didn't see loki, we'd be wondering "where is loki?"

#32 Posted by longbowhunter (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally Loki made the Thor movie one of my favorites out of all the Marvel movies. Which is saying something seeing as how I'm not a dyed in the wool Thor fan. But seriously ignore all things said on CBM and from the mouths of movie fans in general.

#33 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks everyone for being Civil.

Disagree or agree. RESPECT.

#34 Edited by Z3RO180 (6335 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by youmessinwithme (1182 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitly don't understand why there's so much fuss over him, Tom originaly wanted to play Thor but marvel said he couldn't since he wasn't big enough.

#36 Edited by SoftMachineOo (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I like boyish men (my husband is pretty fresh faced and skinny :3), but I don't see what Loki's Legion sees in Tom Hiddleston. Maybe I'm just not that kind of girl.

Yeah i feel the same way lol.

#37 Edited by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I see what you're saying, Loki was easily overlooked before he appeared in the movies, but thats just people being annoying anyways. I get extremely annoyed by people who think they know these characters because a toned-down incarnation of them has appeared in a movie for 40 minutes. ("comic fans" who've never picked up a book in their life)

Though the way you worded your complaint you made it sound like fangirls are all fake. True, there are many girls who think they're different by latching onto this surging "nerd culture," but there are plenty of true female fans as well, same goes for men.

side note: coming from a heterosexual male, I don't see why Tom Hiddleston gets so much more attention than Chris Hemsworth.

#38 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitly don't understand why there's so much fuss over him, Tom originaly wanted to play Thor but marvel said he couldn't since he wasn't big enough.

tom isn't the problem.

#39 Edited by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

I see what you're saying, Loki was easily overlooked before he appeared in the movies, but thats just people being annoying anyways. I get extremely annoyed by people who think they know these characters because a toned-down incarnation of them has appeared in a movie for 40 minutes. ("comic fans" who've never picked up a book in their life)

Though the way you worded your complaint you made it sound like fangirls are all fake. True, there are many girls who think they're different by latching onto this surging "nerd culture," but there are plenty of true female fans as well, same goes for men.

side note: coming from a heterosexual male, I don't see why Tom Hiddleston gets so much more attention than Chris Hemsworth.

probably because he is the "badboy"

#40 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

Why would anyone hate them? Lol they just like the character.

#41 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@haveatthee said:

Hiddleston and Hemsworth have BY FAR the best chemistry when it comes to the hero/villain dynamic. They're both perfect for their respective roles.

This. I actually think they're the best hero/villain duo in all comic book movies thus far. Loki was one of the main reasons I think Thor 1 was the best phase one film. I loved thor's performance, but I also loved loki's It was like having 2 main characters in 1 film, telling 2 different origins, perfectly balanced. It was an awesome feat that made it the best origin story cbm thus far. At least in my opinion. Due to the fact that it was able to tell two origins, and excelled at doing so. I don't think that's ever been done before in any comic book movie prior.

#42 Edited by jaqua524 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

You ALL miss the OP point. Damn guys haha. He is just frustrated because most of these fan girls are ignorant to the source material, and just make stuff up about the character. They are attracted to Tom, I get his frustration, and I am annoyed by it too.