• 55 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

For the longest time, the Governor was the worst of the worst in THE WALKING DEAD universe, up until Negan came around. Today, it was announced that Jeffery Dean Morgan (The Losers) has been tapped to fill the role of Negan, according to THR.

The character will make his debut on the season six finale of the show. In the comics, Negan was the leader of The Saviors, a group of survivors that used violence and intimidation to get what they wanted from the surrounding areas. Negan first showed up in issue #100 of the comic, in the most memorable way possible [seriously spoilers] by beating Glenn to death with his baseball bat covered in barbed wire, which he named Lucille.

No Caption Provided

Showrunner Scott Gimple had this to say about Negan appearing on the show.

There's a particular story in that arc that I'm very excited for. But because we know where we're going, we have some opportunities to play around with it and put some things in that will lead up to [Negan and Alexandria] in different ways yet fulfill the story Robert told to the Nth degree by utilizing some slightly different approaches. Lineups and timelines and the whole nine yards.

Because of what's happening on the show, it's hard to know if Negan's entrance will remain true to the comics or if the showrunners will go another way. However, it will lead to an All Out War and one of the biggest battles in the comic book's history.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

What?! No way!

I could not have picked a better actor

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Is there going to be a lot of bleeped out swearing next season?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

He's hot.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Damn. This guy plays nothing but good roles. Daddy Winchester, Thomas Wayne, The Comedian, now this!

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

okay, this is probably THE best, well-known actor that Gimple and the Gang could have gotten to play Negan. This show is in good hands

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By mickey-mouse

I actually hope he is not with the wolves, because the wolves seem insane. Negan is crazy, but he seems like he does give a crap about people sometimes. So it's going to be interesting if they make Negan with the wolves or with another group.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Never seen him act before, but he looks good for the role.

Happy to see Negan on the show.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespoiler: Watch watchmen, first couple of seasons of supernatural, or even The Losers...he's a good actor.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOW!!! That's great casting!

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Comedian as Negan? I'm on board.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Love the actor

mrBlonde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fully support, I love this dudes acting and he's perfect for Negan

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally would like to look that good at his age. Yeah I'm gonna start watching this show from season 6 because I'm awesome.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent actor !!!! He was great in magic city. Im sure he'll do well on walking dead.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15 HigorM  Moderator

Excellent news!

Avatar image for mrmatchesmalone
Mrmatchesmalone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great choice! Ok, Gimple redeemed himself because it has not been a great season. BUT we all know it's going to be a watered down Negan! Which is very disappointing. I hope they don't change the character too much like they did with the Governor.

"we have some opportunities to play around with it and put some things in that will lead up to [Negan and Alexandria] in different ways yet fulfill the story Robert told to the Nth degree by utilizing some slightly different approaches. Lineups and timelines and the whole nine yards." Pleeease don't mess this up!

cobsohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do love this actor, but Negan is definitely supposed to be younger than Rick

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bout time they brought Negan in. Jeffrey's a great choice too. This might just be the thing to bring me back to that show.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great casting choice :)

iSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By iSummers

Awesome

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

We've been hoping for a live-action Negan and we got it...And as JDM, no less! This will be good!

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Unfurls wet blanket*

Sooo... the "plot" to this Walking Dead saga is they keep running into crazier and crazier people?

Seems like they could be actually doing something - going somewhere - as well as running into crazy people.

People seem really excited for a dude with a barbed wire covered baseball bat. I will prolly keep watching this so I guess I'll see.

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great casting, can't wait.

Lantern1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this choice. This guy is an incredible actor, and I'm sure he'll do the role justice.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Oh man! It's hard to resist uncovering that spoiler... But I MUST AVOID SPOILERS!!!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@longbowhunter: why would it be bleeped out?

I'm joking. More than likely they'll tone this character down from an F-bomb spewing post-apocalyptic Andrew Dice Clay, rather than bleep obscenities.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Wow Walking dead. Now dont f it up

~MiB

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@edblank said:

*Unfurls wet blanket*

Sooo... the "plot" to this Walking Dead saga is they keep running into crazier and crazier people?

Seems like they could be actually doing something - going somewhere - as well as running into crazy people.

People seem really excited for a dude with a barbed wire covered baseball bat. I will prolly keep watching this so I guess I'll see.

Well, its a zombie show. There's not really a lot of new ground left to cover in the genre.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great choice.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome choice!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not exactly sold like everyone else. I'd rather see a comedian (seriously, pun unintended there) with good acting chops playing this role. Negan's wit is just too quick and hilarious, no matter how vile it may be at times. I'd like to see someone with great comedic timing in this role. I guess the voice I heard while reading it, doesn't mix well with this actor from what I've seen him in.

That being said, the character is obviously going to have to be different then the comics, as they can't drop eff bombs every couple of words. I know it's just one word, but it really is a part of his character to say it all the time, not to mention genuinely raunchy humor, that I'm not sure will be allowed even in an already heavily graphic tv show like walking dead. The tv show hasn't disappointed me yet though, well besides season 2, so I'm sure this will be handled very well.

The governor was handled quite differently, yet his story was still told very well on TV, hopefully the same will happen with Negan.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Ehh, I am mixed, I love Negan, and this actor is great, but it seems like the TV show is just rushing through the comic arcs until it can make its own story....

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sploosh

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Awesome! This is way I want Glenn to be alive! So he can get his death the right way!

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn. This guy plays nothing but good roles. Daddy Winchester, Thomas Wayne, The Comedian, now this!

Don't forget Anton from No Country for Old Men.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rogueshadow  Moderator

Great casting, but for me, Negan is probably going to fall flat no matter what they do, swearing is integral to his character.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremy1989: Ha, he does look a lot like Javier Bardem.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehh, I am mixed, I love Negan, and this actor is great, but it seems like the TV show is just rushing through the comic arcs until it can make its own story....

I don't think they are gonna make the mistake of burning through Negan the way they did the governor.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedpool said:

WOW!!! That's great casting!

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What?! No way!

I could not have picked a better actor

Is there going to be a lot of bleeped out swearing next season?

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HUGE

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the_stegman  Moderator

@lukehero said:
@allstarsuperman said:

I don't think they are gonna make the mistake of burning through Negan the way they did the governor.

Did they burn through the Governor though? He was around for a lot longer in teh show than the comic, and the show gave him much more depth.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Maybe not, maybe it just felt like it cause I didn't want TV Governor to leave just yet cause his death happens mid season finale, instead of a season finale.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

*Unfurls wet blanket*

Well, its a zombie show. There's not really a lot of new ground left to cover in the genre.

If that's the case, then perhaps the time for zombie stories has passed.

I disagree, though. I didn't want to mention the "other" zombie show here, but they have a premise - get SoAndSo to location X because the survival of humans depends on it - which is super simple but it drives the story along in a cohesive manner as they travel from here to there dealing with weirdoes.

Without that kind of rudder, it feels like we just drift along.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By joshmightbe

@edblank said:
@joshmightbe said:
@edblank said:

*Unfurls wet blanket*

If that's the case, then perhaps the time for zombie stories has passed.

I disagree, though. I didn't want to mention the "other" zombie show here, but they have a premise - get SoAndSo to location X because the survival of humans depends on it - which is super simple but it drives the story along in a cohesive manner as they travel from here to there dealing with weirdoes.

Without that kind of rudder, it feels like we just drift along.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the zombie genre. In fact I only started watching Walking Dead about 2 weeks ago (Netflix binge) just so i could figure out what some of my friends saw in the show, so I wouldn't say I'm well versed on the subject but I haven't seen anything on this show that hasn't been covered in a Romero movie or their knock offs.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just looked him up.

Can't wait.