The Walking Dead Episode 606 - "Always Accountable"

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Warning: The recap and review will contain spoilers for this episode.

On this week's episode of The Walking Dead, Daryl is on his motorcycle and in front of Abraham and Sasha. A few cars behind them starts shooting at them. Daryl becomes split from them as Sasha and Abraham handle the problem. Daryl falls off his bike and ends up pushing it through the woods. He tries to get a hold of Sasha and Abraham on the walkie-talkie, but there's no response. Daryl comes across a couple of women and one of them knocks him out. He finds himself at a campfire, surrounded by survivors. He wakes up again in the morning and finds a man pointing a gun at him. Daryl is tied up and not allowed to talk. He's being held hostage by the two women and a man. They're using Daryl as a bargaining chip because they think he's someone else, probably one of the Wolves. There's apparently some history between these people and the group they think Daryl's a part of.

The group comes across a fenced in area and sees it swarming with walkers. Daryl grabs his stuff and runs through the forest. He gets back on the radio and still can't reach them. Daryl shoots a walker, kept in the duffle bag from the other people and sees the bag had insulin in it.

Abraham and Sasha are on the trail of Daryl. They get on the radio, but there's no answer. They head into a building and Sasha takes a nap while Abraham searches for anything useful.

Back in the woods, Daryl finds the three people that took him hostage earlier and gets their gun from him. Daryl gives back the bag and starts to walk away until a truck pulls up and a bunch of people get out. The man starts yelling to give everything back they took. The three people are surrounded. Daryl grabs them and they run the one way out. They find a relatively safe spot and Daryl gives back the gun. Eventually, the people give up and stop looking for them.

Abraham finds some RPG rounds in the back of a military truck. He also finds a walker with the RPG strapped to him. The walker has a what looks like to be a Saviors patch on. (Checking again, it's a hawk on a crown, not the Saviors logo, which is an eagle on top of Lucille) The walker eventually falls off the roof, but the RPG stays. Abraham talks to Sasha and comes to terms with their situation.

Daryl and his new three friends walk and talk. Dina spots two dead, familiar faces and pays homage, but they're walkers now and kills Dina. Daryl takes care of the walkers. Daryl asks the guy the questions to let them into Alexandria. They start walking away and Neil pulls the gun on him and demands the crossbow and takes his motorcycle. He and the woman head off. Daryl heads back to the woods and finds a truck. He kills the walker inside. He then finds and picks up Sasha and Abraham. Daryl tries radioing Rick.

No Caption Provided

Once again, another episode goes by with no closure to what's going on with Glenn. It's been a few weeks now and the episodes are good and all, especially the Morgan episode, but leaving the biggest moment of the season, thus far, just hanging out there in the open with no answers is not only insanely frustrating for the viewer, but it's also not a great way to keep the story compelling. If they don't go back to this until the end of the episode before the winter break, that moment of Glenn's life hanging in the balance will lose the emotional resonance it had with the viewer.

The episode did open up with a pretty cool scene with Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham being ambushed by this new group. It was cool to see some exciting scenes that didn't just feature walker attacks. Sure, we had the Wolves attacks earlier in the season, but we haven't seen an attack like this and it was pretty refreshing.

It's pretty nice to have an episode focussing solely on Daryl. He's a fan favorite character and while this season has spent most of the time putting Daryl in a place where he thinks he wants to be on his own. This episode makes him realize that he needs to be there for everyone else and not just because he's the toughest character around. He needs to be with other people. That's who he is now. Once again, we're reminded that while Daryl is pretty tough, he still has a heart, as he brings back the insulin to the people that once took him hostage.

This also leads to something bigger. There's another group in the area that is trying to be dominant. Chances are, if you follow the comic, that this is The Saviors, but it offers viewers two antagonistic groups, if this is true: The Saviors (maybe) and The Wolves. It's obvious these are two different groups because this new group isn't as savage as The Wolves. There's also a strategy to how they fight. They don't run and gun. They surround the people they're looking for and have a system of tribute. That's what leading me to believe this is actually the Saviors.

We're also getting a bit more from Abraham here as he and Sasha figure out what to do while Daryl is missing. It's been a little while since we've gotten much depth from Abraham, as he's been mainly in the background for this season so far, and it works decently for the episode, but it's not the most engaging or gripping stuff since Daryl's story clearly overshadows all of this.

Overall, this was another pretty good episode. It's still insanely frustrating that the show isn't going back to what happened to Glenn, but the continued focus on solo stories from this now incredibly large cast is keeping this season fresher than it's been in quite some time. The Abraham/Sasha story was decent but completely overshadowed by what was going on with Daryl and the possible first appearance of The Saviors. It's going to be interesting to see how the people of Alexandria deal with two different threats that are very different than each other.

Questions of the week:

How long before Daryl gets his crossbow back?

What will Daryl do to the people that stole his bike and crossbow?

Are the Wolves and the Saviors (that's what we're calling them now)?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 the_stegman  Moderator

Man, the Sasha and Abraham stuff REALLY slowed down this episode. They are probably my two least favorite characters on the show, don't give a hoot what happens to them.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man, the Sasha and Abraham stuff REALLY slowed down this episode. They are probably my two least favorite characters on the show, don't give a hoot what happens to them.

got to agree...I have absolutely no interest in their subplot at all

I'm gonna flip shit next week if I don't find out what happened to Glenn

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh, I like the budding romance between Daddy and Sasha.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I remember back in the good ol days when the main character was actually in every episode. That's been my least favorite thing about this show since season 4. First episode was good, second episode had no Rick and we got to see the crappy wolves villains who were supposed to be formidable, third episode we saw a big moment with Glenn that they decided to ignore for the next four weeks, fourth episode we saw some irrelevant one and a half hour long crap with Morgan, fifth episode Maggie and Aaron left, screwed around in this sewers and came back, and Rick kissed Jessie (not at all important to the story) and now we have a whole episode dedicated to Abe and Sasha doing nothing and Daryl screwing around with some jerks in the forest. This is my favorite show, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't criticize it.

They barely give us any reason to care about what happened to Glenn, since apparently its not important enough to show for a month, the wolves were weak, and there needs to be more Rick. There are obviously good "character building" moments this season but they always sacrifice the plot for it, and there's a lot of potential that is being wasted, such as Morgan saving that one wolf, and Glenn's story. Yet none of that gets any focus and it seems that they are just dragging on the show. There's so much to resolve but there's not nearly enough buildup. Let's not forget about Enid either. It seems like there so much random crap happening that doesn't fit together and won't be coherent in the end, but I'll trust the producers until they fail, which they haven't yet. Hopefully they pick it back up next episode.

jaroni83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pretty much agree with your assessment Matt. Not sure why you took the time to type out an entire moment by moment recap. Totally not necessary. Anyone that cares about the show will have watched it. Otherwise you can usually find a recap on IMDb. That's a lot of typing. Maybe the walking dead recap is why you keep saying you don't have time for other stuff on the podcast lol. Don't do it. Now you have more time. You're welcome :)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

I remember back in the good ol days when the main character was actually in every episode. That's been my least favorite thing about this show since season 4. First episode was good, second episode had no Rick and we got to see the crappy wolves villains who were supposed to be formidable, third episode we saw a big moment with Glenn that they decided to ignore for the next four weeks, fourth episode we saw some irrelevant one and a half hour long crap with Morgan, fifth episode Maggie and Aaron left, screwed around in this sewers and came back, and Rick kissed Jessie (not at all important to the story) and now we have a whole episode dedicated to Abe and Sasha doing nothing and Daryl screwing around with some jerks in the forest. This is my favorite show, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't criticize it.

They barely give us any reason to care about what happened to Glenn, since apparently its not important enough to show for a month, the wolves were weak, and there needs to be more Rick. There are obviously good "character building" moments this season but they always sacrifice the plot for it, and there's a lot of potential that is being wasted, such as Morgan saving that one wolf, and Glenn's story. Yet none of that gets any focus and it seems that they are just dragging on the show. There's so much to resolve but there's not nearly enough buildup. Let's not forget about Enid either. It seems like there so much random crap happening that doesn't fit together and won't be coherent in the end, but I'll trust the producers until they fail, which they haven't yet. Hopefully they pick it back up next episode.

While I don't agree with all of this, I can say that what they are doing with Glenn is 100% on purpose. They want us on the edge of our seats constantly, and coming back to see the outcome, it's why they're teasing us, which is stupid, since, if you're still watching the show now, you are already gonna come back every week.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#9  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Season started off soo great but these last two episodes...... back to the typical Walking Dead formula.

~MIB

Grayzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehh, the episode was ok. I don't really care for Sasha or Abraham.

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people should give the show a break already.Yeah ok,everybody wants to know what really happened to Glenn but let's be honest here,one of the greatest advantages of the show is the suspense(what,you've never seen a Hitchcock's movie?).As for the episode with Morgan's story,I don't think it was boring at all.It was just bad timing 'cause it followed the one with Glenn's fall.

I know, the waiting is killing me too.I really really wanna know what happened to Glenn but in the meantime I try not to focuse only on him but enjoy episodes like the last three.Also,I don't give a rat's ass that Rick was not in the last one.There's a reason the show is called "The Walking Dead" and not "Rick Grimes and The Survivors".

Sampsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

This was probably the most disappointing episode so far this season. What happened to the three cast members could've been interweaved with the other episodes and didn't require an entire episode to show their exploits. Abraham is getting more and more annoying too. His scene with the walker and the rocket launcher and cigars was pretty cheesy.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@danhimself: Get ready to flip shit then. Unfortunately they probably won't show anything till the season break episode.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.....did nobody catch Glenn radiong Daryl for help right at the end of the episode.....no one. Seriously.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator
Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think it was Glenn calling Daryl....I think it was Jesus O.o

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

*Shrugs*

Was alright.

Agree.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

@surza7 said:

i don't think it was Glenn calling Daryl....I think it was Jesus O.o

I feel like it's Jesus too.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Thunderscream

I kinda had a feeling Abraham was sweet on Sasha when he volunteered to "ride or die" with her. It seems pretty forced to me (Do they have a thing going in the comics? I haven't been keeping up there.) It's pretty insane that the other group didn't notice all the heavy artillery in the area since they were staked out there. I thought it was a trap.

It baffles me how dumb some characters in this world are...Dina just kneels between 2 dead bodies who obviously have not been KOd and its time for zombie nom noms. I guess it was to emphasize the point of "people will trade anything for safety" meaning this girl has done nothing to protect herself relying entirely on the supposed Saviors. To make matters worse, if her insulin hadn't been in the bag, Daryl would've gotten away scot-free with his bike and crossbow in tact.

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

.....did nobody catch Glenn radiong Daryl for help right at the end of the episode.....no one. Seriously.

I'm pretty sure it was Glenn too (or Jesus answering on behalf of Glenn), but I think since Daryl was trying to reach Rick, maybe everyone's assuming it was Rick....but it sure sounded like Glenn to me.

PS...Anybody catch Badlands afterwards? The fight scenes were sew kewl XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: @thunderscream: It's Glenn. Rick, Daryl, Abraham and Gleen had the talkies. The only other person who would need help and was unaccounted for was Glenn. He also sounded distressed.

It all adds up.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: @thunderscream: It's Glenn. Rick, Daryl, Abraham and Gleen had the talkies. The only other person who would need help and was unaccounted for was Glenn. He also sounded distressed.

It all adds up.

I'm thinking Jesus saves Glenn, finds the walkie and radios for help.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all adds up.

New image released from WD from next weeks episode!

No Caption Provided

Comicman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras: If I remember correctly, the guy who gets his arm amputated calls him Wade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all adds up.

Reedus just said it isn't Glenn in a recent interview. I think you are right that it's Jesus.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Thor-Parker

It all adds up.

Who the hell is Jesus ?? Or are you guys just joking around saying THE Jesus will save him ??

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

@thor_parker82 said:
@the_stegman said:

It all adds up.

Who the hell is Jesus ?? Or are you guys just joking around saying THE Jesus will save him ??

Seriously?You haven't been paying any attention in the last 3 weeks about a supposedly future image of Glenn next to Jesus Monroe from the comics ?

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: Sasha isn't in the comics. Tyrese there had a daughter with him. According to the Walking Dead wikia, /Sonequa auditioned for Michonne, and they like her enough that they created a part for her.

Abraham did get involved with someone after they reached Alexandria in the comic though.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_stegman  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I didn't paticualry enjoy this episode. Seemed like they'd nerfed Daryl a bit to make him seem stupid. That and this season is just really disjointed at the moment. The last episode was Morgan was probably my favourite but other than that I haven't enjoyed it as much as the previous seasons. Still every series' has a slow episode, it's nothing to worry about.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's Glenn or Jesus on the radio, I think it was the dude who took Daryl's bike and crossbow. IIRC Daryl put's his walkie in the green bag that they took.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: Yeah. He doesn't seem his normal quiet hero that he was. He seems held back. He really should've seen the double cross coming. Hopefully, if he's by himself for an episode he'll regain his survival instinct.

soarlozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My biggest problem with the show is people keep dying in dumb ways. Daryl and the people he went back to give insulin to, literally passed at least 4 corpses on the ground that were ALL zombies. These people don't have the excuse of being sheltered, it is implied they have survived and done questionable things except for kill humans. So the first thing the girl does is goes up and gets bitten lmao. Like even if she was just a dumb young adult/young teen and the 2 older people were shocked to see their friends dead, DARYL is smart enough to prevent this but them writers. I literally laughed and almost stopped watching but kept in hoping daryl would either get kidnapped by someone else or end up killing the 2 fuckers that betrayed him.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@the_stegman said:

It all adds up.

Seriously?You haven't been paying any attention in the last 3 weeks about a supposedly future image of Glenn next to Jesus Monroe from the comics ?

I don´t read TWD comics, so I don´t know who Jesus is.

@thor_parker82: He's a character in the comics.

Thanks