gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

Scott Snyder and Sean Murphy are a team that just seem to work naturally together. This series has been quite the journey and it's hard to believe it's almost over. When the series jumped forward to the 200 years in the future timeline, we caught glimpses and clues to what this world is now like. As Leeward and the crew of the Argo 3 search for the mysterious transmission, we're getting to see more. You'll definitely be in awe as you see some of the sites.

This issue does give us some answers. And that's not all.

With an opposing force hot on their trail, it's not a walk in the park. If you're looking for some big time action, Murphy will not disappoint. The way the scene plays out and the amount of detail is simply amazing.

But of course, with one more issue left, the story is not quite over yet. The last page will leave you hanging and you'll be both looking forward to and dreading the last issue.

The Bad

Snyder and Murphy have simply created too large of a world. I know that doesn't seem like much of a complaint but you're left hungry with the desire to see more. Ten issues may be a lot but it feels like there's way too much left to see.

The Verdict

From the beginning, seeing Scott Snyder and Sean Murphy's name attached to this series should have been all the reason you'd need to dig into this series. It's been a crazy ride and it's both great and sad to see the conclusion to this story. Snyder's vision and Murpy's art have created an incredible world that leaves you hungry for more. We get some answers and a crazy cliffhanger that will make sure you won't miss the final issue. It's great to have comics like this.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Damn too bad I dropped this.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By longbowhunter

I felt like this issue could have been broken up into two. I wouldn't have minded spending more time with Leeward and the crew. But what an ending. I can't wait for all the secrets to be revealed in the next issue.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@longbowhunter: I loved the two page...montage of action. I so wanna see an extended version. Too bad this isn't being released on Blu-ray or something. I want more scenes!

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

This was good, but It felt rushed to. One more issue and so many questions to be answered.

Brione

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This story has been so awesome. They need to make a movie or a tv mini series out of this.

HydeParkSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Really hoping Scott's got some more stories for this world because I'm really sad to see this series come to an end.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

I concur that the greatest shortcoming of this series has been its shortness.

As I was reading, I remember specifically thinking "Can this at the very least become a novel? There's way too much more to this than will fit in these pages."

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@t_hench said:

@madeinbangladesh: You didn't like it??

THe series hasn't really grabbed me from the start. Something about it just didn't do it for me.

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

While I did feel this issue was a little abrupt, I can't argue with its overall quailty! Well done Snyder and Murphy! Well done.

And talk about a WTF ending!!! That's how it's done. This made me question everything about book so far. Although I'm scared it might be a depressing ending, my little heart couldn't take that.