Uncanny Inhumans #0

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

UNCANNY INHUMANS #0 is on sale April 1, 2015.

The Good

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the more of the Inhumans I read by Charles Soule, the more I dig and appreciate them. I've always respected their place in the scheme of the Marvel Universe. Their random appearances were good but I never thought I'd actually hunger for not one, but two ongoing series featuring them.

As a zero issue, this is setting up what's to come in this second volume. The best thing is Black Bolt is back. Prior to the current INHUMAN series, Black Bolt played a roll in the destruction of their city of Attilan. This lead to the release of the Terrigen Mists upon the entire world. The issue opens up in Brazil where we see some poachers trying to gather Terrigen Cocoons before a NuHuman can be born. You'll immediately be blown away by Steve McNiven's art. With the vibe his art and Justin Ponsor's colors gives the scene, you'll feel like you've been transported to another place, outside of a Marvel Comic.

The scenes that Soule writes for Black Bolt and the way McNiven executes them, the pages ooze with his regal nature. I would imagine writing and drawing scenes for a character that can't really talk much would be difficult. These two make it pretty epic. As soon as you see what happens in this issue, you'll be asking how come we haven't had a series with Black Bolt before?

And why does Black Bolt have arrows sticking in him? That scene does take place in this issue and it's pretty dang cool.

We also have a back up story written by Ryan Stegman with art by Ryan Lee focusing on a couple of the NuHumans. It's some good development for the two characters.

The Bad

How long do we have to wait for the regular series to start? We'll see the story continue, at least with Medusa, in the FREE COMIC BOOK DAY ISSUE. Then we'll have to wait until after Secret Wars?

The teaser for UNCANNY INHUMANS has the focus on Medusa's team. What does that mean for Black Bolt? It was originally stated that INHUMAN would focus on Medusa and UNCANNY would focus on Black Bolt. Let's hope that's still the case.

The Verdict

Charles Soule and Steve McNiven have wowed us once again. Seeing the way they set up and execute Black Bolt's story, you'll ask why we haven't had a Black Bolt series before. Adding to current mythos for the Inhumans, we're getting to see more of the pieces fall into place. If you're not sure what Black Bolt or the Inhumans are about, be sure to pick up this oversized issue. Soule and McNiven give us comic book gold with this issue. If this is just a taste of what we'll be getting in the regular series, it's going to feel like a long wait until we can get our hands on issue #1.

AWeekInGeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AWeekInGeekdom

I'm a little confused with this title, after Secret Wars will Inhuman continue alongside this one?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm very excited to see what Soule and McNiven have in store. I hope that they keep the main Inhuman title and then have this as the Black Bolt book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#paidreview

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Seems like almost all new series get five star reviews. :p

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aweekingeekdom: Yes, we'll have TWO Inhumans book, both written by Soule. When this was announced, he said INHUMAN would focus on Medusa and UNCANNY would focus on Black Bolt.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Yay looks awesome.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Want to pick up this and the trades of the ongoing Inhumans book to get caught up have been really wanting to get into the inhumans lately. Have great memories of the 90's fantastic four cartoon and my Triton action figure.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Avatar image for scarlet_spider_forever
    Scarlet_Spider_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did Black Bolt shave his head?

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sasquatch888

@scarlet_spider_forever said:

When did Black Bolt shave his head?

im guessing when they got vin desiel to agree to play him in a future movie they decided he'd be bald ....... also I wish he could talk ...it sucks he cant...how long can a series last without him speaking?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck
    Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
    TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Soule will be considered the "Chris Claremont" of the Inhumans

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Loved the preview, and will definitely be picking it up. Just have to ask how many issues McNiven will be on?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@g_man said:

@aweekingeekdom: Yes, we'll have TWO Inhumans book, both written by Soule. When this was announced, he said INHUMAN would focus on Medusa and UNCANNY would focus on Black Bolt.

Is Attilan Rising also an ongoing?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I'm glad this is good.

Avatar image for solomongrundysm
    SolomonGrundySM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ia0delond

Not a fan of the regular INHUMAN series, I was not going to pay for it.

But when i went to the comic shop earlier, I was curious and look at the art and MY GOD it is so beautiful. Black Bolt is majestic and the story is a great prologue for the futur serie.

There is a short backup story with two Nuhuman. Do not know what it has to do there except add enough pages to justify the 5$.

I really can not wait for the series to start.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@ia0delond: That is the magic of McNiven and Soule

Egie_Asemota1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: sweet awesome sauce! I love the Inhumans and I am so happy this series is off to a good start. Soule really knows his stuff. I have never really been into x-men cause i find their stories either geared towards only wolverine or just a few characters, the convulated nature of the comics is alo a problem and also the rather disjointed nature the brand has in relation to Marvel cannon. But Inhumans was so easy for me to get into and it also succeeded at showcasing the whole "Feared and Hated Minority group" that the X-men titles have lost.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Cool, it's been a while since I've read a good X-Men story.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cap10nate

Great first issue. I Hope Soule can continue to own the Inhuman franchise for a while. We have seen his ability to put out a bunch of books each month. I Also hope that he gets to bring back the Fantastic Four after secret Wars as he would be great for it. McNiven is top shelf in this issue as he usually is. Kang looks so awesome under his pencil. Looking forward to the next issue.

jrdnthrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little confused with this title, after Secret Wars will Inhuman continue alongside this one?

@g_man said:

I am beyond tired of reading people say that there will be two Inhumans books. Maybe you all have some inside source that I obviously don't, but I am starting to feel like I am the only one who read the interview with David Gabriel where he said that Inhuman was one of the thirty-three books that would be cancelled for Secret Wars.

Maybe I am misinterpreting this? Maybe people are counting Attilan Rising as the TWO Inhumans focused books written by Soule? Maybe Inhuman will return seeing as how it has been said that some of the thirty-three cancelled books will return in one form or another after Secret Wars wraps?

Or maybe my frustrations are simply getting the best of me as I understand it to be that people are saying Inhuman and Uncanny Inhumans will run side-by-side when it has been announced that Inhuman is being cancelled?

Whatever the case, I've clearly gotten pushed to the point of having to actually sign up for an account so as to make a post about it all lol

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By adamTRMM

In the beginning I was like "Bolt went street level? Pffft, Magnus did it much more... exquisitely" but seriously though now with Kang "possessing" his son and Havok's daughter I only wonder how they should promote the "Sins of the Fathers" event in the future.

marcohtx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all of the Agents of SHIELD fans, Gordon the inhuman who is going to help Skye, was introduced in this issue, so the mystery whether he was a real comic character has been answered.

Nolidoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darn, I knew I forgot a comic earlier.

Avatar image for left_my_heart_in_san_franchees
    Left_My_Heart_In_San_Francheesie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really loved this preview and will definitely be picking up the title. I just wish Marvel would use a thesaurus or something when titling their books. We don't need another Uncanny this, or All New that. Use your creativity for god sakes lol!

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@g_man said:

like Cyclops Xmen And Wolverines Xmen :P

Attilan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

Is Attilan Rising also an ongoing?

Attilan Rising is the Inhumans book in Secret Wars

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

So am I going to have to buy two INHUMANS books or can I just follow one?

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though it was alright.

Egie_Asemota1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was BEAUTIFUL. I mean so good. Despite Balck Bolt not being able to talk he "says" sooo much. So awesome! Also, FIINALLY! Flint and Iso are being awesome! Charles Soule you are great!

UltronMk7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic issue. Black Bolt is such an awesome character. It's so cool to finally see him get his own series. And the story w Kang and his son was awesome. I love seeing writers go deeper with characters. Nothing silly or frivolous ( I know that is subjective of course). I like serious books with consequences, seeing the characters tested. Souke has become 1 of the best writers in comics, might be the best Marvel had once Hickman departs after Secret Wars. And McNiven's art is just incredible. Let's hope they keep these 2 together.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Bolt is a boss.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... WTF. Ahura has had powers before, but he just now went through terragenesis?

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got round to reading it. Loved it. First Inhuman book I've read and I'll be following when the series actually starts.

Can someone let me know how exactly Black Bolt destroyed Attilan? And is that in the current Inhuman book?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tattacus: He blew it up with his voice in an attempt to take out Thanos, and to activate the Terrigen bomb. It occurred in Infinity(2013 event) #3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.