inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

Did you want to know Overdrive's origin story? No? Well, too bad. Nick Spencer, Steve Lieber, Rich Ellis, and Rachelle Rosenberg give readers one heck of an uneventful origin that is downright hilarious.

I'm sure those opening lines sounded really mean. However, it's meant in the best way. Overdrive's origin is well, the least interesting origin story I've read in quite some time, but that's really the charm of this whole story. Everyone expects a villain's origin to be full of revelations and epic moments that shaped the person they are now. With Overdrive, he's a race car driver that wants to eventually become a hero, so he can hang out with the Avengers. It's a bit sad, but it really shows how much heart this character has.

This issue is 100% non-stop fun. In fact, the whole series is. Nick Spencer writes a fun series with characters most folks don't even care about. It's nice to see they have a home in such an amazing book. Lieber, Ellis, and Rosenberg provide art that molds well with the writing. It's zany, fun, and has cartoonish elements to it. Everything about this series is the best.

One of the best moments here is the two page spread which we'll call "Overdrive's How to Guide." It's fun and silly and a nice little way to present an action sequence in a whole new way. This is something I love about this series. This creative team is always presenting stuff to the reader in a whole new light.

The Bad

Little to nothing bad about this issue. It's exactly what you'd expect, month after month.

The Verdict

SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN is the cat's pajamas. The story inches forward, but we're getting to know a little bit more about Overdrive and his relationship with the rest of the team. I laughed a lot during this issue. It's easily one of the funnest reads each month. Pick this up in trade and catch up. It's easily the best on-going series about Spider-Man B-list villains ever made. However, I can't think of too many others. Anyway, I highly recommend this issue.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainHoopla

Overdrive is now the official biggest loser in a group of losers. If his hysterical origin wasn't enough, his "performance issues" with Beetle seals the deal. "After I, um--exert myself, I can't--you know."

My life is better with this book in it.

Paste_Pot_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Paste_Pot_Pete
The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this arc.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna have to pick up the trade of this series soon.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Absolutely loved this issue, Steve Lieber is the king of physical comedy. That Overdrive story...

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Poor Overdrive only got two stars.......

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wish they gave Overdrive an actual name. It's bound to happen, right?

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bill collector stating the mini Miranda cracked me up. And when they are laughing at overdrive about his story...this book is so fun!

Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every month this is one of the four titles I'm most looking forward too. It's just so funny and different :)

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Superior Foes back in business. Love this arc. Good to have Spencer and Lieber.

Yeison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

shocker y silvermane son el duo mas naturalmente comico que he visto en marvel XD

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Both Overdrive and Speed Demon are so pathetic it's great. It's a book about villains and I never want it to end! No other series has me laughing as hard as this one. I have really high hopes after the ending of this issue. So far Spencer and Lieber have beaten my expectations to a bloody pulp every time.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 owie  Moderator

So, so good. Too bad they're mixing up multiple artists, and the Speed Demon-dog thing was a little confusing, but still: so, so good.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

WOW MAZING ISSUE!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#16  Edited By Teerack

I don't know how Nick Spencer keeps it up. This book just keeps getting better and better.

I think it would be cool if Shocker tries to get the gang to help him get his Thunderbolts belt buckle back from Luke Cage now that he's the new boss.