inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

UPDATE: FX officially announced, on Tuesday, season 2 had been ordered. The second season will air in the summer of 2015.

Back in the beginning of August, Global News, a Canadian news site, announced that The Strain has been picked up for another season, even though it was not officially announced by FX. Global News learned that the series will be back in production in mid-November, in Toronto.

One concern fans have is how Corey Stoll, who plays Ephraim Goodweather, will be able to juggle his role in The Strain, as well as his role in the upcoming Marvel film Ant-Man, which started production on August 18th. Stoll will be playing Darren Cross AKA Yellowjacket.

Has the show been getting the numbers to warrant a new season though? Well, it's a bit tough to gauge for numerous reasons. The series premiere had 2.99 million viewers. However, FX CEO John Landgraf recently announced they will no longer release Live+Same Day ratings. Landgraf had this to say via Deadline:

"With the exception of sports, news and live events, Live+Same Day ratings no longer accurately reflect the audience delivery for a scripted entertainment program...We believe they grossly mischaracterize the actual audience due to the multiple data streams and platforms. Therefore, our first acknowledgement of any ratings will be on a Live+3 basis and beyond. That said, while Live+3 delivery still doesn’t measure the total audience, it is a significantly more accurate measurement than Live+Same Day."

While his decision is really moving forward with the times, there isn't instant gratification to see how the show is doing. However, it's been reported that each episode of the show is averaging around 2.5 million views a week, which isn't too far off from the original numbers, so a second season may be a smart idea.

We'll keep you updated when FX officially announces the second season. Production on the next season begins in November.

Sources: GlobalNews, Deadline

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wonderful

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Awesome.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Strain MAY BE Renewed for A Second Season

FX hasn't announced it yet, but it looks as though fans will get to see a second season.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 inferiorego  Staff

The Strain MAY BE Renewed for A Second Season

FX hasn't announced it yet, but it looks as though fans will get to see a second season.

If you read the article, then you'll see that while FX didn't announce it yet, it's going back into production in November.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's still moving to slow in my opinion. The vampire strain is supposed to be spreading a lot more faster than depicted.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show creeps me the Hell out, but I can't stop watching

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: I did read the article. However, I still think you should tell the truth instead of click baiting!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego: I did read the article. However, I still think you should tell the truth instead of click baiting!

That is the truth, not clickbait. Again, FX hasn't officially announced it, but production for a second season starts in November.

If you want, I can write something clickbaity for you instead.

"The Strain Gets Second Season and You'll Never Believe What FX's CEO Had to Say"

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not surprised here this show has been nothing but awesome

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I love this show even though the writing and acting isn't so good, Love the atmosphere and the vampires

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

not surprised here this show has been nothing but awesome

Cyborg6971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally someone is taking into account that people watch the show at it's on pace and not live. These live numbers are bogus unless it's what he said sports or live events.