gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

After five months, SANDMAN OVERTURE is back. It's obvious that SANDMAN fans have been eagerly waiting for this issue.

Neil Gaiman writes a thing of beauty. This is a comic you have to absolutely read. It's a trippy ride but you'll immediately get pulled into the story and feel like you're with old friends once again.

Seeing Dream trying to get to the bottom of the current...situation is fascinating. It feels like it's been so long since we've been able to see him in action. Yeah, it has been but this is a case where you really feel the time that has passed. Dream's presence here commands respect on each page and it's a glorious sight.

Speaking of sights, man oh man, you have to see J.H. Williams III's art here. Each page has such an epic feel to it. Dave Stewart's colors will blow you away. The look of this comic will amaze you and make you wonder why we can't have more comics like this.

The Bad

Obviously the delay is a bit of a problem. These things happen and we still ended up with an amazing comic. It just does interrupt the momentum of the story. But I did give the first issue another read through right before reading this.

If you haven't been reading SANDMAN, this may not be the best place to start.

The Verdict

We've had to wait a bit since the last issue but once you start reading, you just might find yourself willing to overlook the wait. It's hard to say what's more beautiful here between Neil Gaiman's writing, J.H. Williams III's art, and Dave Stewart's colors. It all goes together so wonderfully. It's been hard waiting but this is definitely a comic worth waiting for. We should all be happy a comic like this can be made.

Samuel_Simmons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 won't come out until at least July. DC lied big time saying this was a bimonthly comic.

Larcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samuel_simmons: Actually issue 3 is currently set to come out next month according to Vertigo's site. After that it will probably go back to being bimonthly.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trade paper back

Samuel_Simmons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@larcheese Sorry I meant #4, although I can guarantee that 3 will not come out next month.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By longbowhunter

I loved the first issue, but delays are a bitch. I'm trade waiting from here on out.

TheUnN4med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheUnN4med

I don't care about the dealy. This is an amazing comic. I love Neil Gaiman's work, and Williams III art, so I'm loving this series. The delay is only a small price to pay for such and amazing comic.

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard its going to be quarterly now. But I'll wait as long as it takes for art this good.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

How many issues are there total?

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@fables87: 6 issues

If i end up picking this up i will pick up the Mckean cover

munkieKONG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take a delay for quality any day. Perhaps others could learn this as well....? Yeah right....

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By SavageDragon

This was amazing to behold. Seriously.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

this creative team might make the world explode on account of too much genius

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By impossibilly

I loved the first issue, but because of these delays, I'm going to wait until the entire series is released before buying and reading the rest of it.