Wells Chats with Barry in the Season Finale Clip of The Flash

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The season finale is quickly approaching for The Flash on CW. The first clip for the episode "Fast Enough," which will air Tuesday at 8/7C, has be released on the net. In this clip, Wells AKA Reverse Flash, talks to Barry about why he killed his mother.

The official synopsis is one of the vaguer ones of the season:

Wells presents Barry with a life-changing choice. Dr. Martin Stein (guest star Victor Garber) and Ronnie Raymond (guest star Robbie Amell) return to help the S.T.A.R. Labs team with this final fight.

The season finale of The Flash airs on 5/19 on the CW at 8/7.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just like almost everyone, including myself, knew all along. the Life changing choice is, Does he save his mom and never become Flash (and whatever repercussions will be brought up in the episode) or allow her to die, so he can save the future?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I was kind of hoping for a Flashpoint plot later into the show's run, once more set-up has been established and we have more recurring characters to show/bring back.

That being said, it'll be cool to see what they do with what's already been established.

I hope we get a good reason for Wells' hatred eventually. It's getting tiresome just hearing how much he hates him but not a reason why.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Black_Arrow

Eobard coming from the Future didn't knew Flash's Secret Identity. Wow future Flash must be really good at keeping secrets.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By KEROGA

Love this Well/Thawne. Was kinda rooting for him.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By amazing_webhead

wait, why are they enemies? i don't think i ever heard why they are in the comics

clubpixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead said:

wait, why are they enemies? i don't think i ever heard why they are in the comics

sometimes people just naturally hate someone i guess

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clubpixel: what kind of epic rivalry happens for such a stupid reason?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am probably focusing on the uniportanr details as usual but I am worried about the "wording" that Thawne says...

He says he is from 136 years into the future, making his birth year at 2151...

But when he was killing Cisco, he said that to him he was dead for centuries...

2151 is literally a century so why did Thawne uses centuries... Is he still lying???

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: He would have been born in 2151 but not the age he is now, which is mid to late forties for years after that.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Can't wait!

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Titanbreaker

@awesomeperson: He can time travel maybe he jumped into the future, read up on Cisco and his accomplishments there hence his wording.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reverse-Flash is awesome and all, but everytime I see Wells I think of JD's brother from Scrubs :-\ ...I can't help it

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Cant wait for da FINALE!!!!!!
~MiB

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am EVENTUALLY going to hate you so much!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

If Barry freaks up the time line shouldn't Rip Hunter get involved since he is a Time Master?

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

The Post-Crisis version of Eobard Thawne becomes a villain because he was very much a fan of the Flash, and gained the same abilities by replicating the experiment that gave Barry his powers. Upon traveling back into the past to meet his hero, Thane sees that he's destined to become a villain and it messes with his mind. I think he then actually did the things he did to Flash because he thought it would make Barry a better hero: motivating him through tragedy. I could be wrong on that last part, though.

Scistorm4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I've heard that Rip is actually going to be in this episode.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its clear Cavanagh is having a blast playing this character and he's doing such a good job of making us hate yet like for him at the same time.

To be far the reason for their rivalries in the comics is rather weak and really revolves around Thawne having used his speed to change things in his past to better his future so much when he came to the present to meet Barry he became delusional that he was Barry, was rejected by the present as a suitable Flash and thus began their rivalry (with minor canon deviations over the years).

So any explanation for their rivalry in the show really doesn't have to do much to set itself apart. But its interesting that Eobaud is from a future less than 200 years in the future as in the comics he comes from the 25th Century which removes him a bit more from Eddy and better justifies the "distant relative" comment.

Given that briefer time divide and his comment to Eddy of being a genius even in his time I'm wondering if this Eobaud had actually started out good, using his genius to unlock the Speed Force to better society (much like his comments at the start of the season) but due to Barry running into the future following the Crisis his achievements were eclipsed by Barry already understanding the Speed Force and "stealing" his glory along with Barry continuing to be the Flash and a hero in that time. Thus began the rivalry over the slight Eobaud felt.

What's interesting about the "choice" is that even if Barry's mother lived it wouldn't effect with becoming the Flash because in the original timeline that happened cause the real Wells lived and built the particle accelerator which led to Barry's transformation. It just (supposedly) didn't happen as early so Barry was more mature and established in his life (possibly already married to Iris) by the time he became the Flash. However given the timeline of Arrow I'd think Barry transformed in 2014/2015 in the original timeline as well else he couldn't a critical strategic asset for Oliver to call upon as he was. So saving his mother wouldn't really change anything about his speed but more about how he lived his life and the confidence he had at the time of his transformation.

So the choice should really be about stopping Barry from ever going to the future, which could mean his death during the Crisis. So while he'd once again have a normal childhood with both his parents it would mean he dies in 2025 and thus allow Eobaud to control the future. So the real choice should be whether Barry would trade his future and the lives of the future for living a happier life up to 2025.

Making the choice to stop himself going into season 2 would make for an interesting story changes because it would keep Cavanagh in the show, as the real Wells, allow for the suit to undergo its minor changes to the brighter red and white emblem background and given Barry remembers his travels through time it would now be a mission of his "remaining years" to find a new way to survive the Crisis. Plus it would give us the chance to analyize episodes and spot tge differences in the timelines by giving the writers a chance to tweak some characters and plotlines that may not have turned out as expected or desired in hindsight. It also gives the show a good means to keep a villain speedster in the mix by having Eddy transform into Reverse Flash/Zoom either as a result of the time shift or, better yet, as a means for Eobaud to alter the past enough to try and ensure a better future for the Thawne line in the wake of Barry's decision by imbuing his line with the Speed Force earlier and letting it develop through successive generations (which could create a nice character arc for Eddy on whether he tries to team-up with Barry at first, thus why he takes the name Zoom, but is overshadowed by him in the public eye or if he's just straight bad from the go).

Just some thoughts and interesting plot changes that could take place if Barry went for a choice other than saving his mother.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Cap10nate

Reverse-Flash is awesome and all, but everytime I see Wells I think of JD's brother from Scrubs :-\ ...I can't help it

Ha. I think the same thing. Every now and then when watching the show, a scene from Scrubs will pop in my head. It's the same for me watching Agents of SHIELD and Kyle Maclachan. I often just see the Captain from HIMYM.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@amazingwebhead said:

There archenemies, but Barry hasn't Zoom yet; just like how River Song know the Doctor, but he didn't know her.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:
@amazingwebhead said:

The Post-Crisis version of Eobard Thawne becomes a villain because he was very much a fan of the Flash, and gained the same abilities by replicating the experiment that gave Barry his powers. Upon traveling back into the past to meet his hero, Thane sees that he's destined to become a villain and it messes with his mind. I think he then actually did the things he did to Flash because he thought it would make Barry a better hero: motivating him through tragedy. I could be wrong on that last part, though.

I thought this part was the other Zoom did to Barry, was Hunter Zolomon?

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:
@amazingwebhead said:

well obviously some of that is changed in the show, because he says he killed Barry's mother because he hates him

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think it would be awesome, if Harrison Wells was in the comics. Anyway, can't wait for the season finale !

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why doesn't Eobard Thawne just shape-shift back to his original look ? Barry Know who he is.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eobard coming from the Future didn't knew Flash's Secret Identity. Wow future Flash must be really good at keeping secrets.

Way better than Present Barry, at least. And to think, Future Flash probably didn't have the people at STAR Labs to help him get a handle on his powers or make his suit, or Thawne/Wells to help train him on all the ways he can use his speed. No Pipeline to contain the metahumans he captured. No Cisco/Kaitlin to help him perform the calc's needed to know how to run up walls, across water, break the sound barrier. Hell, he apparently even managed to come out of his coma without Wells' help. Even when it comes to fighting, Future Barry seems to be superior, though I suppose we've only seen him fight a fellow speedster. Even still, he's fared far better than Present Barry, whose had all the training he could hope for and STILL can't stack up.

... And I think I just figured out why. He had someone else to help him. Prior to getting hit by the Particle Accelerator, Barry visited Star City and met the Arrow. And his team. That was before Harrison took an active role in his life and changed it by extension. So that should have still happened with Future Barry. Without STAR Labs, maybe Future Barry turned to Arrow's team to help him. Present Barry did that for advice, but already had a relationship with STAR Labs, who had specs on his new biology and expertise in his changes, so he turned back to them immediately.

The Present Barry got a little training from Oliver, about minding his surroundings, looking over every inch of an area before engaging. Now imagine Future Barry training a lot more with him. Learning how to fight. How to keep secrets. Learning how to use his speed not from someone whose only physical advantage IS their speed, but from someone without any powers, who tries to make the best and most efficient use of his skills and tools. Sure, learning all the tricks'd take more time, but between Oliver encouraging learning how to hone his powers, and Felicity handling the technical side of things, he'd manage. All in all, you'd get one hell of a fighter, and someone who knows how to keep secrets incredibly well.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By GalacticFork

He told Cisco he didn't intend to kill Barry's Mom, so it seems more like he's baiting him in this video.

(I just rewatched that scene to verify, man that punches you in the gut. Don't kill Cisco!)

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: That is possible but I think that being less dependant on S.T.A.R Labs to make the gadgets that he needs to beat his enemies, made him smarter and made him test new ways to use his powers (much like comic book Flash). In the future he is the director of the Csi division of the police department and he created Gideon, so he is thousands of times smarter than Barry is now. I think that he not only got help from Oliver but from other heroes like the A.T.O.M and whatever other hero exists on the future. He also is a member of a group of heroes in the future so they could have helped him to maintain his secret identity. Also I think he could have got a little help from the real Harrison Wells. Maybe he is so good because of experience but only time will tell.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Saren

@zeeguy91 said:
@amazingwebhead said:

No, he did those things because he hated Barry (at one point wanted to replace him in history and be the Flash himself to avoid the villain destiny) but couldn't actually kill him; he became the Reverse-Flash because he was inspired by the legend of the Flash, which tied his origin and personal history to Barry Allen's. Killing Barry in the past would cause temporal changes that could erase Thawne from existence. He tried this in the Flashpoint: Reverse-Flash one-shot by going back in time and trying to kill Barry before he ever became the Flash, but realized doing so would end his own existence. So out of sheer petty hate, he decided to try and slowly destroy Barry's life piece by piece with escalating acts --- killing his dog, burning down his house, erasing Barry's childhood best friend from history, and finally murdering his mother and framing his father. He thought these things would psychologically break Barry, but ultimately Barry still became the Flash and still stopped him every time. I think Johns's run had the FBI profile Thawne as a "predatory stalker" obsessed with the Flash, which probably sums him up pretty well. He's a super-powered stalker.

You're thinking of Zolomon for the last part.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Check out the bad ass new intro for next season.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am probably focusing on the uniportanr details as usual but I am worried about the "wording" that Thawne says...

He says he is from 136 years into the future, making his birth year at 2151...

But when he was killing Cisco, he said that to him he was dead for centuries...

2151 is literally a century so why did Thawne uses centuries... Is he still lying???

He said he was "born" 136 years in the future ... never said how long he lived. Seems to me, the "Flash" types are extremely long lived.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know speedsters probably DO live longer since one of their abilities is healing so wouldn't that mean they'd fight off diseases etc ?

@cloakx14 said:

i think it would be awesome, if Harrison Wells was in the comics. Anyway, can't wait for the season finale !

He probably will be I bet (not counting the Flash Zero comic) like Chloe Sullivan became a canon character from Smallville's great reception of her.

batgirl_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

omg last night's season finale was crazy. and then it got sad when barry was talking to his mom. and didn't save her or his dad. but i just can't wait for season 2!!!!!