inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

On this week's episode of The Flash, Wells wants to head back to Earth-Two to stop Zoom. Caitlin wants him to stay until they defeat Zoom. Caitlin finds Wells later on in a hotel bar and Caitlin tells him they can help Wells get his daughter back. Wells says he failed and he doesn't have another plan. Wells has a lightbulb moment and says they should close all the bridges in the city to Earth-Two except the one to STAR Labs, to trap Zoom.

Cisco and Kendra go on a date together. Cisco touches Kendra and sees flashes of Hawkgirl. He leaves right away. At a lab somewhere, a doctor is working on something, then goes blank. He grabs something from a contained area and leaves the lab with it. He gets outside and sets it down and comes back to his sense. Grodd comes in and smashes him.

The next day, Patty is investigating the scene and Joe comes up. They investigate the doctor's body and the point of impact. Barry is still dealing with the emotional and physical impact Zoom had on him. He is still having trouble walk as well. Cisco asks Caitlin about the "birdman" he saw. Caitlin's face goes blank and she punches Cisco and walks away. Patty calls Joe with info about the case they were investigating and Joe is two steps ahead of her. He knows it's Grodd. Joe runs in to talk to Cisco and Barry and tells them Grodd is back. Cisco knows that Caitlin was being "mind controlled."

Meanwhile, Caitlin wakes up somewhere and Grodd needs her help. He says Caitlin has always been nice to him. He wants to know how he became Grodd. He wants to make more creatures like Grodd. Gorilla City, here we come!

Barry is running and trying to tap into the Speed Force. He's frustrated, so his dad comes to pay him a visit. Iris brought him there. Cisco thinks he found Grodd, in a bell tower somewhere in town. Barry won't be much help. Wells has on a Reverse Flash suit and Cisco says Wells will convince Grodd he's his father.

Cisco and Wells head to the last bell tower. Henry and Barry talk. Henry tries to give Barry some inspiration and get Barry back on his feat. Wells shows up to the bell tower to talk to Grodd. He says he wants to take Caitlin away. Grodd knows the gig is up and he hits Wells. Wells gets up and gets mad, grabbing some syringes. Wells stabs Grodd with them and Grodd goes out like a light.

After hanging out at STAR Labs, Caitlin heads back to the belltower to talk to Grodd. Flash shows up and says that Grodd has to catch him. Flash has something like PTSD and flashbacks to Zoom and Grodd gets ahold of him. Caitlin comes in and tells Grodd that she can give him a home. They suck Grodd into a wormhole after Henry gives Barry some inspiration.

Wells explains that Grodd got sent to a place where experimented Gorillas roam freely... Gorilla City! Back at the West household, Henry says goodbye to everyone. Barry goes to visit Patty, who is hard at work. Patty knows that Barry lied to him. Barry says that his father was in town and he needed to talk to him. They make up. Meanwhile, Cisco brings Kendra some flowers and chocolate. Cisco kisses her and sees Hawkgirl. Grodd reaches Gorilla City on Earth-Two.

No Caption Provided

AHH! Gorilla City! Ok, fanboy moment over. Frankly, this is something I never thought we'd see in this show simply because it's something too big to set-up in the series. It could take years. However, we have Earth-Two and it's apparently already there. If we never see Grodd again, which would be sad, at least we got to see Gorilla City.

Onto the actual episode and not just the 1-minute endcap.

This episode really solidifies the STAR Labs team as they work together for the common goal of beating down Grodd. Everyone here serves a purpose, one way or another, even if they're just bait (sorry Caitlin). Regardless, Caitlin does have a real purpose other than the cliched damsel in distress. She has a real connection with Grodd because she was the only person nice to him while Grodd was at STAR Labs, so he has a soft spot for her. She can be trusted.

Barry has his own trials and tribulations as the fight with Zoom did more than cripple him physically. The fight made him feel like he wasn't a hero, like he was weak, showing us that he is mortal and one of us. Personally, I would have like to see him dealing with the Zoom fallout a little bit longer, but it worked well for the one episode with the final battle between Flash and Grodd being the moment Flash comes back to the fold, full force.

Speaking of Grodd, he looked fantastic here. The CGI was pretty great, and there's something about that character I love in the television series, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the comic book version. He's a villain who the viewer can have sympathy for, since he was stuck in a lab and received all these powers and he's confused and probably frightened. He doesn't fit into that normal villain category that the other villains do.

This episode finally gave viewers a glimpse at Kendra as Hawkgirl and she looked pretty fantastic. This is a character I'm excited for. Frankly, I'll take any Justice Society of America on the show. The outfit looked great and I cannot wait to see the Flash/Arrow crossover and not just because it has Vandal Savage in it. Hawkgirl finally gets to spread her wings, pun intended.

Henry Allen coming back made sense for the story and moving Barry forward, but it did not feel like it worked. Henry left to go on his own adventures, after leaving his son behind who dedicated his life to proclaiming his father's innocence. That moment was pretty ridiculous, but it's like the show completely went back on it instead of riding with it. Now Henry is just going to pop back into the picture whenever it's convenient for the story?

This episode got extremely cheesy at the end with Patty/Barry and Cisco/Kendra. It even had Peter Gabriel's "Your Eyes" playing over the dialogue and kissing. Romance is fine and a major part of telling the majority of stories, but it comes off as a bit much.

"Gorilla Warfare" was probably the weakest episode of this season so far, but it was still a pretty great show. It was entertaining and there was a lot of character building towards a better working group dynamic for future episodes. Zoom may not have been the focus, but he's still a major part of the episode without ever appearing in it. This felt like a nice quick break from that main story to wrap up more with Grodd, which worked well. Season two of The Flash continues to be dynamite.

ComicsRHealthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would agree that this could be the weakest episode so far, but The Flash always has moments that put a smile on my face. Seeing Hawk girl and Cisco's reaction to her identity was really cool. That and Gorilla City!

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LESS ROMANCE!

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

GORILLA CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@comicsrhealthy: I'd have to disagree. This was one of the best episodes this season. I'm not sure why, but for this season I found the beginning to be really slow and sort of like a checklist, whereas the last two episodes really felt like they are finally away from set up and are getting back into the groove. This was one of the best episodes this season because I thought it balanced set up with progression really well.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dan12456

Easily the second best episode of the season after the Cap Cold one (last 10 minutes of last week withstanding). One of the first episodes all year that didn't have a massive weak section at some point.

I have never fanboyed harder than at Gorilla City!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Grodd is so stiff -__- I know it's a Tv budget but damn...

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The worst part of the CGI was with the portals, Grodd and Barry looked ridiculous. BUT GORILLA CITY damn that was awesome also Harry is hiding so much more than what we know (it seem to caught by surprise what he said to Grodd about having bigger plans for him, more so since Eobard told Grodd that while he was alone).

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was reverse flash back soo bad. He was such a great character

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By MrMazz

Last years Grodd ep was a monsterous marvel that really highlighted the just great direction that season had. This episode pushed things a lot more and only in one tracking shot of Grodd manuvering did things really seem 'off'. Great use of danielle panabaker, who had little to do prior to this ep.

Man they need to bring Patty into the fold

Cheap Plug to User Review.

bizzy4chem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously can't be the only one who saw how Earth-2 Harrison Wells shook Henry Allen's hand. It was somewhat awkward. What if Earth-2 Harrison Wells knows who Zoom is and it's Earth-2 Henry Allen??!!!!

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Awww, I felt bad for Joe. He had to put on a brave supportive face while watching Barry's "real dad" come and get him out of his funk. Sad. I wish they'd put more into the Barry-Patty relationship. It seems so abrupt. Every time they have a romantic scene, it's like "oh yeah... they're a thing."

As for the ending... Geesh Caitlin and Wells, that was a horrible idea. "Hey let's give the Meta-gorilla with mind control powers a whole army! Brilliant!"

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It bothers me that he told linda, who he went out with a couple times, but still doesn't tell patty. He's basically wasting her time.

Smart super heroes acting dumb for the sake of the plot bothers me

this is what bothered me about the spiderman movies.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: To be fair, he didn't come up with a stupid plan to use Patty as bait.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

First things first: FLASH RING!!!!!!!!! HECK YEAH!!!!! ^___^

Now then... Anyone else here wishing Earth-2 Wells would become the new Reverse-Flash? Be cool with Zoom being the new evil speedster if Wells became an anti-hero of shorts, doing what Thawn did by exposing himself to the Speed Force and gaining powers of his own, but in his case to keep his daughter safe. It would be cool to see Barry and Wells team-up and seeing the different ways they go about doing things.

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xsbrx

Nice episode but they seriously need to tone down the clichés.

Almost in every episode at the final showdown Barry is clueless, then someone gives him a small motivational speech and he gets things done.

It's getting extremely boring.

Comicman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: If Earth 2 Wells were to gain super speed he'd wouldn't go by Reverse Flash, most likely, he'd go by Johnny Quick (I know his names not Johnny) since his daughter is Jessie Quick.

Lunarstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: You mean the writers are wasting her time lol

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GalacticFork

A couple additional things.

1) I found it exceptionally interesting that Wells didn't look right in his costume. Even though it was made for his other self's body (well a duplicate of it (see below)), and it had the same actor, the whole time it really felt like he was pretending. I liked that a lot. Even the picture above, it's evident it's somebody pretending to be the Reverse Flash (I don't just mean in a TV show).

2) They really really need to stop comparing Earth-2 Wells to Thawne. They know Thawne was not the real Wells. He wasn't even occupying Well's body, he just mimicked it. They saw the body of the real Wells. They KNOW the Earth 2 Wells is the double of the corpse they found buried on the side of the road. His double was murdered by their former enemy. And they still refer to the murderer as Wells. (Pisses me off.)

Mr_Existence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When oh when will Barry defeat a villain without a motivational speech

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously can't be the only one who saw how Earth-2 Harrison Wells shook Henry Allen's hand. It was somewhat awkward. What if Earth-2 Harrison Wells knows who Zoom is and it's Earth-2 Henry Allen??!!!!

Yeah I caught that too. And how Wells was staring at Henry as he walked off. Only breaking away when Caitlin started talking to him. I didn't have a clue as to who Zoom is, but that scene is making me suspect Henry Earth-2.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Thought that Barry or Caitlyn was going to be sucked into the portal with Grodd.

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

Nice try but that episode could be done waaaaaaay better.I won't even bother to mention what was wrong with it because it happens every time,they do the same mistakes in every episode (I guess they don't care to make the show any better)...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

@xsbrx: One thing i hope the Flash movie does is make Barry a loner again, he doesn't need a whole group of people helping him and giving him pep talks.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: and he still has no confidence. even with Iris around.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Gorilla City was sweet!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

@cloakx14: I guess they think self doubt makes him more relatable. But less heroic if you ask me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When oh when will Barry defeat a villain without a motivational speech

In Season 10

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Well, it is just pathetic and gets tiring because this happens every time he after he loses a fight. This is one of the reason Wally West is my favorite, he's smooth Funny, calm and Laid back, and think quick on his feet. I can't wait till he shows up on season 2.

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My first thoughts also. With Grodd probably being the strongest and smartest he'll take charge of the city quickly then start to plan his revenge on Earth-2 first.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By w0nd

@the_stegman:

I can't see it being more relate able because he keep forgetting the same life lessons he's learned several times before that. He's supposed to be smart

z@cloakx14 said:

@the_stegman: Well, it is just pathetic and gets tiring because this happens every time he after he loses a fight. This is one of the reason Wally West is my favorite, he's smooth Funny, calm and Laid back, and think quick on his feet. I can't wait till he shows up on season 2.

Except they will no doubt change is personality from the one you love into some random ass character like the new 52 comic.

@bizzy4chem said:

I did but i didn't want to read too much into it yet. I always over think things

RexWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gahhh cheesiest episode by far. It had some great moments but the cheese totally brought it down for me. 3/5 for me and I've never considered a flash episode under 4/5.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@inferiorego: one thing, it's Henry Allen not Harry

otherwise I pretty much agree

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#33 inferiorego  Staff

@mrnoital said:

lol... thanks... working 12 hour days for a week straight is starting to show.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@mrnoital said:

lol... thanks... working 12 hour days for a week straight is starting to show.

haha, yeah that'll do it

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the episode, especially when Wells was in the suit dealing With Grodd and Berry was advising from the lab. Nice little reversal to the normal dynamic. However the pep talks during a fight with a villain at the end of each episode is starting to get on my nerves. It was good when they were talking in the lab like half way through and how Henry talked about how it felt to see the looks of accusations from others but that last little bit as Berry fought Grodd or when he fought Doc Light, just annoying. This episode also shows how awesome Tom is. Playing Wells playing RF was great.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grodd looked worse this time.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wish they would bring back King Shark on the show he was F*ckin Bada** !

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awww, I felt bad for Joe. He had to put on a brave supportive face while watching Barry's "real dad" come and get him out of his funk. Sad. I wish they'd put more into the Barry-Patty relationship. It seems so abrupt. Every time they have a romantic scene, it's like "oh yeah... they're a thing."

As for the ending... Geesh Caitlin and Wells, that was a horrible idea. "Hey let's give the Meta-gorilla with mind control powers a whole army! Brilliant!"

Wells said exactly the same that Eobard told to Grodd, that they had bigger plans for him. Eobard was completely alone when he said, Wells must have said the same thing to his Grodd. And besides Gorilla city didn't look like a refuge, it looked like a civilization. Wells is hiding things.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@farkam said:

Grodd is so stiff -__- I know it's a Tv budget but damn...

We need Michael Bay. He's a master of using CGI.

Grodd would like great.

...he would just cause explosions every time he climbed a building.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I liked this episode as a bit of a break from Zoom. We get to focus more on Harry and his motivations. I liked seeing him in the RF suit, made me remember how bad-ass he was as a villain.

I LOVED the ending with Gorilla City but I found the Grodd plot to be pretty weak. It's odd that everyone (specifically Caitlin) is so nice to him. Makes him seem overly sympathetic. I know he didn't ask for what happened to him, but c'mon. Is he a good guy or a bad guy??? I'm hoping he'll take over Gorilla City and cause trouble on Earth 2.

The rest of the episode was basically romance or crying. I still don't think they're going overboard but they need to be careful not to have too much drama and come off overly cheesy. I did like the Peter Gabriel song at the end though.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

There will be no consequences for sending Grodd to Gorilla City....-_-. Overall, good episode.

Radx_Konkin75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 stars for me. Idk. I just wasn't feeling this episode.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This was a good episode. I hope Gorilla city is used in the future.

GeeWhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It still seems so strange that after spending so much of his life behind bars and away from his son, Henry Allen doesn't seem to feel any desire to spend time with Barry.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geewhiz said:

It still seems so strange that after spending so much of his life behind bars and away from his son, Henry Allen doesn't seem to feel any desire to spend time with Barry.

its not that, its like "I've been in jail for so many years, I lost my wife, my doctor's license and my son has powers, I need to find a new meaning to my life"

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone's else think it's gonna be hysterical when Hawkman shows up and is like "Cisco dude get away from my wife"?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000 said:

I liked this episode as a bit of a break from Zoom. We get to focus more on Harry and his motivations. I liked seeing him in the RF suit, made me remember how bad-ass he was as a villain.

I LOVED the ending with Gorilla City but I found the Grodd plot to be pretty weak. It's odd that everyone (specifically Caitlin) is so nice to him. Makes him seem overly sympathetic. I know he didn't ask for what happened to him, but c'mon. Is he a good guy or a bad guy??? I'm hoping he'll take over Gorilla City and cause trouble on Earth 2.

The rest of the episode was basically romance or crying. I still don't think they're going overboard but they need to be careful not to have too much drama and come off overly cheesy. I did like the Peter Gabriel song at the end though.

Grodd is completely and utterly alone on Earth Prime. The one person who gave him purpose, his Father, is gone. He just doesn't want to be alone anymore. He's arguably no more sympathetic than Thawne was, because all he wanted was to go home. Grodd just wants a home too.

@galacticfork said:

Wells said exactly the same that Eobard told to Grodd, that they had bigger plans for him. Eobard was completely alone when he said, Wells must have said the same thing to his Grodd. And besides Gorilla city didn't look like a refuge, it looked like a civilization. Wells is hiding things.

I doubt that. Besides, if the other Gorillas are just like Grodd everything starts out on an even playing field, and he has what he wants in that there are more gorillas like him. From that point of view, Grodd should be content as he isn't inherently a bad..."person." He's just been used as pawn by Thawne.

@godzilla44 said:

My first thoughts also. With Grodd probably being the strongest and smartest he'll take charge of the city quickly then start to plan his revenge on Earth-2 first.

Revenge for what?

@xsbrx: One thing i hope the Flash movie does is make Barry a loner again, he doesn't need a whole group of people helping him and giving him pep talks.

I don't think Barry's ever been a loner though. He may not have had a support team, but he still had plenty of people he could turn to in his personal life.

Nice try but that episode could be done waaaaaaay better.I won't even bother to mention what was wrong with it because it happens every time,they do the same mistakes in every episode (I guess they don't care to make the show any better)...

You should share your thought. I mean, what's the worst they could happen? They don't do it?

@war_killer: If Earth 2 Wells were to gain super speed he'd wouldn't go by Reverse Flash, most likely, he'd go by Johnny Quick (I know his names not Johnny) since his daughter is Jessie Quick.

Well, she could also go by Liberty Belle and Wells could still go by Reverse Flash. Alternatively, he could go by Max Mercury.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Episode wasn't great, but i thought Grodd was.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49  Edited By d9000

@scouterv said:
@d9000 said:

Grodd is completely and utterly alone on Earth Prime. The one person who gave him purpose, his Father, is gone. He just doesn't want to be alone anymore. He's arguably no more sympathetic than Thawne was, because all he wanted was to go home. Grodd just wants a home too.

I don't think Grodd was trying to go "home", or anywhere else for that matter. His goal in this episode was to make more gorillas like him. I only mentioned it in the first place because in the comics he's generally very evil so I thought it was weird that they were making him more of a "nice" villain instead of an "evil" villain.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not though.

I also don't think anyone considers Thawne to be a sympathetic character at all. He may have had an innocent enough goal of going home but the whole reason he was stuck in the past was because he wanted to mess with Barry's life and murdered his mom, not to mention all the terrible manipulation and murder he committed afterwards. No one should feel bad for that guy.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000 said:
@scouterv said:
@d9000 said:

I don't think Grodd was trying to go "home", or anywhere else for that matter. His goal in this episode was to make more gorillas like him. I only mentioned it in the first place because in the comics he's generally very evil so I thought it was weird that they were making him more of a "nice" villain instead of an "evil" villain.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not though.

I also don't think anyone considers Thawne to be a sympathetic character at all. He may have had an innocent enough goal of going home but the whole reason he was stuck in the past was because he wanted to mess with Barry's life and murdered his mom, not to mention all the terrible manipulation and murder he committed afterwards. No one should feel bad for that guy.

It's an adaption. Characters won't always be how they are in the comics, which I'm fine with, as long as their good. And even the background for comic and CW Flash is entirely different so the characters probably wouldn't be similar, at least not at first.

Grodd most likely just wanted to be around other super smart apes. He wasn't actually trying to go home, because technically he is home. But his home is entirely different now, because his family is gone and he misses it. Like we say, he just wanted more gorillas, but that's not inherently a bad thing.

And I agree with you, but I know some people who say they could feel where Thawne was coming from and what he wanted to do.