Hawkman & Hawkgirl's Origin Explained in New Clip for 'The Flash'

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The gang's all getting together on this year's crossover with The Flash and Arrow. We've seen Kendra Saunders on The Flash but it seems she has no idea about her past. It's up to Hawkman to explain it in this new clip.

Obviously this will lead into their appearance on Legends of Tomorrow, beginning on January 21. 2016. The Flash airs Tuesdays on The CW at 8:00/7:00c.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel like I would have rather had characters like The Question used instead of Hawkpeople...

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I do not like the connection between Vandal Savage and the Hawks.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I LOVE the connection and the setup.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

@nightfang: It's narratevily efficent to make Savage's immortality linked to the mysticisim Hath-Set stuff from the convoluted Hawks mythos then keeping all that crazyness AND making Savage a mutated cave man. Now he has a reason to hunt the Hawks instead of just being a rando third party shadow evil that just comes to town for some reason.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By NightFang3

@mrmazz: No that's just a lazy way of making them enemies. Having Savage being Hath-Set and having mystic powers and playing a major role in the Hawks death and resurrection cycle is fine, but removing the caveman expect lessens him in a way.

I don't get way people make the Hawks origins seem so hard to understand. Can people not wrap their minds around them being aliens who reincarnate?

You need a reason for him to fight the Hawks? Here's one; they've been enemies for centuries and continually ruining his plans for world domination along with Rip Hunter, now he's found a way to trick them and end their resurrection cycle.

wiccandude83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wiccandude83

Can't wait to see this!

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Its year 2015 in their universe correct? He has killed them 206 times, this trying to be his 207th. That's 2015/207 = 9.7. So roughly every nine years this guy comes and kills these people. No news on it? No one notices? They are always reborn the same age, height and likeness? Now your thinking, "That's really nit picking", and I agree. But that's what happens when show writers try to get too intricate on plot details. I'd rather they say, 'Just go with it' with much less exposition.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Kidd

I really hope the Hawks are not the source of Vandal's immortality.

@sachmoo: lol what? What makes you think they have only been around for two thousand years?

Edit: Hawkman even mention they have been together for four thousand years.

bamfamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo They didn't just pop up at the age they are. The earth has been around much longer than 2000 years. Your math makes no sense. How old are they supposed to be? mid twenties? Multiply that by 207 and you get how long this has been going on, more or less.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

I really hope the Hawks are not the source of Vandal's immortality.

@sachmoo: lol what? What makes you think they have only been around for two thousand years?

Edit: Hawkman even mention they have been together for four thousand years.

@bamfamf said:

@sachmoo They didn't just pop up at the age they are. The earth has been around much longer than 2000 years. Your math makes no sense. How old are they supposed to be? mid twenties? Multiply that by 207 and you get how long this has been going on, more or less.

You guys are both proving my point. You are now nit picking my nit picking of their unnecessary exposition. Does it matter how long they have been around?

bamfamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo I'm pretty sure you just destroyed your original point.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: They do that to show that this has been going for a long long time, a fact that they might later use in Legends of Tomorrow. It's not unnecessary exposition, they are showing the scale of the whole thing. It's not too intincrate, they explain the whole thing in a minute.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bamfamf said:

@sachmoo I'm pretty sure you just destroyed your original point.

No, now I'm just certain you didn't understand it. Maybe I didn't explain it clear enough, sorry.

@sachmoo: They do that to show that this has been going for a long long time, a fact that they might later use in Legends of Tomorrow. It's not unnecessary exposition, they are showing the scale of the whole thing. It's not too intincrate, they explain the whole thing in a minute.

I know why they do it. My point is, I think i would rather them be much more obscure about it and not put actual numbers to it, because then trying to make sense of it gets convoluted.

Apparently I'm in the minority here, and that's fine.

marcohtx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am perfectly fine with the connection. Both Savage and the Hawks transcend time, so why wouldn't they somehow run into each other in the past.

TubbyLumpkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone care about Arrow anymore? This season is on par if not better than flash but their aren't any reviews. This guy didn't even put the dang date for the new episode but managed to put the premiere date for a show that hasn't even came out yet. I'm not whining or anything though, thanks for the trailer

RobbyT15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not liking that they linked Savage to the Hawk people. I'm glad that they kept his as an immortal, but they should has slightly altered his origin story, not gone with a, 'we're all destined to live and die together' trope.

RobbyT15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RobbyT15

@sachmoo said:

So Its year 2015 in their universe correct? He has killed them 206 times, this trying to be his 207th. That's 2015/207 = 9.7. So roughly every nine years this guy comes and kills these people. No news on it? No one notices? They are always reborn the same age, height and likeness? Now your thinking, "That's really nit picking", and I agree. But that's what happens when show writers try to get too intricate on plot details. I'd rather they say, 'Just go with it' with much less exposition.

@sachmoo:That would be correct if the Earth was only 2,015 years old , but it's not, it's much, much older than that. If it's been attempted 207 times and they're in their mid to late 20's, he's popped up every 20-30 years over the past 5,000 years or so to kill them, not every 9.5.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand that the internet is a rough place for fiction, in general.... Everyone hates everything, and everyone's personal imagery for a character/comic is the only correct one, and if you vary from their opinion, there is clearly something wrong with you.

But the people here, and a few of the people who run this site are some of the most miserable, annoying and hypocritical out there in this vast web of... Crap. I literally throw up because of the negativity and complaining on here.

I am done for good. See you guys, its been interesting. I am sure Matt will be plenty happy. That guy does not have a clue about how miserable of a person he is.

Peace, love..... oh forget it.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

if only i still cared about this show

Mellow_Hype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why were the hawk people added in the first place? They kinda turned it off for me.