If the Ninja Turtles were to find a new Publisher, which one would suit them the best?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Poll If the Ninja Turtles were to find a new Publisher, which one would suit them the best? (32 votes)

Marvel Comics 13%
DC Comics 19%
Image Comics 9%
Dark Horse Comics 28%
Other 28%
 • 
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Hmmm, I'd say Marvel or Dark Horse.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol I almost voted Image but then I remember what happened to them the last time at Image

I honestly don't know....I don't think they'd do well at the big 2 and I can't say much about Dark Horse since I've never really read much from them...and NO to Image...I know it's a different company now but they destroyed the book last time they had it

I don't want them to ever leave IDW now .... I kind of wish that Laird would finish Volume 4 out of Mirage but lord knows if that will ever happen

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Raw_Material

@danhimself said:

lol I almost voted Image but then I remember what happened to them the last time at Image

I honestly don't know....I don't think they'd do well at the big 2 and I can't say much about Dark Horse since I've never really read much from them...and NO to Image...I know it's a different company now but they destroyed the book last time they had it

I don't want them to ever leave IDW now .... I kind of wish that Laird would finish Volume 4 out of Mirage but lord knows if that will ever happen

Ya I agree with you on that, I knew most would say to stick with the title and was almost gonna make a choice for it. Then I thought to myself, well that totally defeats the purpose of making this poll in the first place, lol. I mean Eastman is a mad dog when it comes to writing the Ninja Turtles, he pretty much created them (I think he did). And I what Mateus Santolouco has done so far as well, with the mini-series of the Foot Clan and his art is quite impressive. I like where they are now, but it was just a thought though. I would think they'll be best fit in DC Comics, considering their street-level characters are very well written and the artist in DC will suit the Turtles' story really well and what the artist are showcasing in IDW now, Batman and Green Arrow are the first two that come up to mind. Can't put into words, but you know what I mean? Imagine the Ninja Turtles with a Green Arrow artwork and look to it (if you read Green Arrow). DC artists are the best there is when it comes to the style the title of Ninja Turtles deliver, IMO.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By longbowhunter

Boom maybe?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

Ya I agree with you on that, I knew most would say to stick with the title and was almost gonna make a choice for it. Then I thought to myself, well that totally defeats the purpose of making this poll in the first place, lol. I mean Eastman is a mad dog when it comes to writing the Ninja Turtles, he pretty much created them (I think he did). And I what Mateus Santolouco has done so far as well, with the mini-series of the Foot Clan and his art is quite impressive. I like where they are now, but it was just a thought though. I would think they'll be best fit in DC Comics, considering their street-level characters are very well written and the artist in DC will suit the Turtles' story really well and what the artist are showcasing in IDW now, Batman and Green Arrow are the first two that come up to mind. Can't put into words, but you know what I mean? Imagine the Ninja Turtles with a Green Arrow artwork and look to it (if you read Green Arrow). DC artists are the best there is when it comes to the style the title of Ninja Turtles deliver, IMO.

they were created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird though Laird sold his rights but is still allowed to do a certain amount of TMNT books per year through Mirage

I have no doubt that there are writers at DC and Marvel that could do some amazing TMNT stories given the chance...my main concern though would be how they would fit into the rest of the Universe....I tend to like them better existing in a universe where there are no other super beings....I think they fit in to a more grounded reality

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RedLantern23

Marvel no contest. I mean come on, they were made from the same toxic chemical accident that gave Matt Murdock his powers! It was meant to be! Imagine all of that marketing power of Marvel behind the Ninja Turtles!

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material said:

@danhimself said:

they were created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird though Laird sold his rights but is still allowed to do a certain amount of TMNT books per year through Mirage

I have no doubt that there are writers at DC and Marvel that could do some amazing TMNT stories given the chance...my main concern though would be how they would fit into the rest of the Universe....I tend to like them better existing in a universe where there are no other super beings....I think they fit in to a more grounded reality

I could fully agree on that.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's all tied up!

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dark Horse, because they understand the concept of a contained universe.

I really like IDW has done though.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Who the hell voted for marvel and dc?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Valiant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Valiant.

I thought this too. Dark Horse would be a good choice also.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDW>>>Everyone else.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Dark horse or Marvel

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Who voted DC?

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Valiant. Valiant is always the answer.

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Dynamite

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

IDW

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By sinestro_GL

Probably Marvel since practically all their superhero stories take place in NYC

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

IDW>>>Everyone else.

I second this wholeheartedly. I really don't want the TMNT to leave IDW as they're beginning to reach the creative level of the original Mirage run. It's just that damn good for the TMNT.

@danhimself What happened to the TMNT at Image? Have they been sold to other properties besides Mirage, Image and IDW?

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@guardian_of_gravity said:

IDW>>>Everyone else.

I second this wholeheartedly. I really don't want the TMNT to leave IDW as they're beginning to reach the creative level of the original Mirage run. It's just that damn good for the TMNT.

@danhimself What happened to the TMNT at Image? Have they been sold to other properties besides Mirage, Image and IDW?

I agree, Things like their TMNT and Transformers run showcase why so many licenses trust IDW to adapt their works.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By danhimself

@lvenger: their volume three was originally supposed to be a continuation of Mirage's Volume 2 but they pretty much butchered the Turtles...one of Leonardo's hands was cut off, Raphael's face was horrible burnt with acid forcing him to wear one of Casey's masks for a while before becoming The Shredder and leading the foot, Donatello was thrown out of a helicopter and had his shell crushed then bonded with a cyborg suit and becoming a cyborg, and Splinter being further mutated into a bat...it was so horrible that after 23 issues it was cancelled and Mirage took the title back, started Volume 4 and forgot that Volume 3 ever happened

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Well thank goodness I never read that hideous volume. Definitely one of Image's worse productions then. Do you know when Mirage stopped publishing TMNT and it then languished in limbo before IDW got the rights from Nickelodeon to make their awesome TMNT series?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@danhimself: Well thank goodness I never read that hideous volume. Definitely one of Image's worse productions then. Do you know when Mirage stopped publishing TMNT and it then languished in limbo before IDW got the rights from Nickelodeon to make their awesome TMNT series?

Laird is still allowed to publish a certain amount of TMNT books per year under the Mirage banner but I don't think that he has done anything for a while or they're incredibly hard to find...the last issue that I was able to find was when he was posting them on either his blog or another website and it was somewhere in the 40's...it had actually gotten really good....the Turtles were now in their thirties...the Utroms had come to earth and set up a hub of sorts where aliens of different species could come and had advanced earth's technology a lot...the Turtles were now free to be seen in public...Michelangelo had knocked up...she wasn't a Triceraton but she her species was similar to them...but she was a princess and he was arrested for doing so, broke out, and was drafted into the Triceraton army in a black ops squad trying to get back to earth, Donatello was shrunk in some sort of accident and was using an Utrom body that he reconfigured into something that looked like Metalhead, Raphael was bitten by a vampire and his body mutated into the same form that Donatello did later in the 2003 series, Splinter died of old age, and Leonardo was fighting in the Universal Martial Arts Tournament that was originally in the 2003 animated series where he befriended an alternate reality version of the Shredder, and Casey and April are married and have a teenage daughter

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: The Raphael development doesn't sound all that original and I'm not a fan of Robo Donnie but I can see the appeal.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I'd just like for Laird to get back to it and finish the series and tie up all the dangling plot threads instead of just letting it lie