New TMNT poster causes 9/11 controversy, removed.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@jayc1324: Why are you personally attacking me? I'm not even replying to you. Why does it matter to you so much that and I and many others found the poster to be insensitive?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: It's a crude image with a grim reminder of a horrific event. Stop acting like a cool guy who gets to be above all of the "softer than cotton 5 year olds who got their *lollipop taken away." It's okay that you aren't offended by it, but don't act like that makes you better than anyone at all.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jaken7: I'm not saying you are a villain, I am saying you are creating a problem where one doesn't exist. What the poster is is an advertisement for the new ninja turtles movie. It features four ninja turtles jumping from a building with cool explosions in the back ground. It is meant to be visually appealing and catch the eye of the crowed. However, only because it says September 11 do you try and relate it to the event. You specifically use the words "bodies" jumping from a "sky scraper", that type of speech (well text) is what I mean by word play. You relate a otherwise harmless movie poster to a horrific event simply due to the date it was going to release. To be honest, without people being overly sensitive and whining about this, the thought probably wouldn't have even crossed my mind. And even if you have a few good points, a reference to the event isn't disrespectful in the slightest, however, clearly this wasn't done intentionally.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@dragonborn_ct: I don't have to be on a horse to know I'm above everyone else. ^_^

Sure, the one above all, so secure about your opinion that you have to argue with everyone to feel a little more safe about yourself :p

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: If there wasn't a problem, then they wouldn't have taken the poster down and issued an apology.

Cable Extreme: "They only did that because everyone made a big deal about it"

So you admit that I'm not the one creating a problem?

Cable Extreme: "No, but you're perpetuating it."

I'm agreeing with others who also believe it to be insensitive.

Cable Extreme: "Well it isn't."

To you maybe. Who says everyone has to take something the exact same way?

Cable Extreme: "There isn't any reason for you take it any other way besides that it's a harmless poster."

I think there is.

Cable Extreme: "There isn't."

There is.

Cable Extreme: "There isn't."

There is.

*rinse and repeat*

There. Just saved us a couple hours.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By JakeN7

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Cute, but I was more referencing the fact that he was singling me out when I wasn't even talking to him. That comment I made to Erik was in the middle of our discussion, directly after Erik replied to me.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh gosh... The turtles look terrible!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I'm being decent and responding to those who are replying to me.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I kinda expected a reply, as in, addressing my post. Not crafting an argument with me stating overly generalize 1-3 word statements.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#161  Edited By Erik
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Cute, but I was more referencing the fact that he was singling me out when I wasn't even talking to him. That comment I made to Erik was in the middle of our discussion, directly after Erik replied to me.

That is a lie.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: I did address your post. You said I was creating a problem.

1-3? You don't know how to count? Because 1 word can't be the least amount seeing as how none of the replies were only one word, and 3 words can't be the most seeing as I count one with 17.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Looks more like someone who can't let it go... You are seriously getting more worked up than anyone else here and I wouldn't be surprised if you had to get an warning for how you are acting.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@erik: ...no it isn't?

Are you sure? It's a movie poster that reminds us of the tragedy of Black September. OFFENSIVE!!!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Okay buddy, sure. Feel free to point out where it is I'm acting inappropriately, and flag me while you're at it. ^_^

"People see what they want to see."

To be fair to you though, you may be perceiving me as the one that's most upset because I'm the only one that 5+ people keep directing their comments towards.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: That was in response to your claim that what I said was a lie. I've long since blocked out your incessant, irrelevant, sarcastic movie poster posts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: you're on comicvine, if you post something anyone can respond. I am still wondering why you're so upset about it. You cared enough to voice your opinion on a public forum, so why can't I care enough to question you? I can reply to people who weren't talking to me. You're speaking openly to everyone since it's a public forum on the internet anyone can read

I'm also not attacking you personally at all

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Erik
JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@erik: That was in response to your claim that what I said was a lie. I've long since blocked out your incessant, irrelevant, sarcastic movie poster posts.

Awesome. Then I can keep posting them to point out what a silly goose you are being.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: so I guess you have no more arguement

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I...I honestly don't see the problem. People are really THAT sensitive? Really? Yeah 9/11 was bad, but you must be sad if you really get offended by a movie poster starring 4 freaking turtles.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@jaken7: I will not bother to flag you, but YNGC already had brought it up.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@jaken7 said:

@jayc1324: Why are you personally attacking me?

No Caption Provided

You may think this is fine with all that "bs discussion card" you loved to draw when people call you out, but this is not acceptable. And you are the one drawing this flame wars out. People don't give a sh*t, it be lot easier to let it go since at the end of the day it won't matter.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: If that is your delusion, then sure.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Erik

@jaken7:

No Caption Provided

Look at this building falling down. CLEARLY a reference to 9/11!

RAGE!!!!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: YNCG misinterpreted the meaning behind my response to another user.

I'm sick of your bias towards me. Just ignore me and move on if you really have a problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@jaken7 said:

That is a lie.

Sooo....calling him stupid is okay because you were in a conversation?

No Caption Provided

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Erik

@jaken7 said:

@erik: If that is your delusion, then sure.

Who is delusional? I am only offering to illustrate your logic by pointing out other movies that have referenced 9/11 or some other tragedy.

Oh look! Here is another one:

No Caption Provided

A man walking among two buildings that have collapsed into one another. Clearly a reference to 9/11!!!

Let's do a march to protect these insensitive a-holes!!! Are ya with me!?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I asked you to stop because I'm feeling harassed by you. So please do so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@dragonborn_ct: YNCG misinterpreted the meaning behind my response to another user.

I'm sick of your bias towards me. Just ignore me and move on if you really have a problem.

Keep dressing it up like that.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Serious question, how do people outside of the U.S. feel about 9/11 and how much do you guys know about it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@jayc1324: I asked you to stop because I'm feeling harassed by you. So please do so.

Or you can stop replying...

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Did I say that? Did I even imply that?

You quoted me asking someone why they were personally attacking me, and then posted my previous quote to Erik to show my hypocrisy, right? I was clarifying the meaning behind my question, and pointing out that I actually wasn't being a hypocrite at all.

I didn't mean personally attacking as in throwing insults. I meant personally attacking as in singling me out and harassing me.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

You quoted me asking someone why they were personally attacking me, and then posted my previous quote to Erik to show my hypocrisy, right? I was clarifying the meaning behind my question, and pointing out that I actually wasn't being a hypocrite at all.

I didn't mean personally attacking as in throwing insults. I meant personally attacking as in singling me out and harassing me.

Personally attacking someone but then calling foul when someone personally attacks you is not hypocrisy?

And it's harassment if few agree with you all of a sudden? What world are you living in? Because it's apparently not Earth.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: That hadn't stopped him from replying to me in the past. Check the previous pages.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Guys,no need to act like children over this.

You don't have to win any and every debate,even though I know that that's the objective on the internet.

Just saying.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Lol

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@erik: That hadn't stopped him from replying to me in the past. Check the previous pages.

You keep replying to him, from what I can see.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: No, it's harassment when someone keeps responding to every single post I make when I'm not engaging in a discussion with them, nor do I even want to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Yes because the method of personally attacking someone is more important the actual attack.

No Caption Provided

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I will move on from it. Really not that upset unlike other users and no reason to keep insiting on it, just think this whole flame wars is unnecessary...

Guys,no need to act like children over this.

You don't have to win any and every debate,even though I know that that's the objective on the internet.

Just saying.

YOU DA REAL MVP, CAMERON

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Erik
No Caption Provided

Godzilla represents the monster that plagues our world, which is terrorism. Witness the destruction it causes and the innocents that have died. 9/11 reference!

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@erik: No, it's harassment when someone keeps responding to every single post I make when I'm not engaging in a discussion with them, nor do I even want to.

Nah.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: So every time he @ me was in direct response to a reply I made to him? Get real.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#198  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@erik: Here's another one.

No Caption Provided

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@jaken7: ...how am I trying to act cool or be better then anyone else? I just call a spade and spade, the arguments being brought up here is tantamount to whining to me. As I've said before, this is just my opinion, I'm not trying to pass it off as fact. If you disagree, more power to you. But my opinion on this matter, and others similar to it is static.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Welcome to the internet, or more importantly, an open, public forum wherein people can respond, reply, and quote other users without having to be stopped. None of these people are "harassing" you just because they are replying to stuff you said that they disagree with. If you don't want to talk to them.....then don't. But that doesn't mean you have the right to MAKE them stop talking to you. They're not insulting you and they're not threatening you.

Stop acting like the victim here.