Titans may be set in the same universe as Flash and Arrow

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

So as you all probably know by now, a Teen Titans TV series by the name of "Titans" has been set to be picked up by TNT. What you may not know is that TNT is a network owned by WB much like the CW. What that means is that unlike all of the other series/movies that won't connect to Flash or Arrow (which is a good thing), this actually could take place in the same universe. Before you dismiss this, keep in mind long before all of this, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel", were two separate shows that took place in the same universe and were on two separate networks that weren't even owned by the same company.

This could mean characters like Roy, Wally, and Slade could be used on Titans.

There is also some official confirmation that the networks are playing around with this idea here

I personally think this is a great idea, and I have no interest and Flash or Arrow. Why make another Deathstroke when you could use an already established one. Plus how cool would it be to have characters who we actually got to see as sidekicks be Titans?

In any case feel free to discuss this, and share whether or not you would like this to happen.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@captainmarvel4ever: Sure, I don't see much of a problem with it, if the Titans show ends up as not the worst thing ever, I want it to be to the younger generation of the DCU what Arrow is to grown street level characters of the DCU and so the more potential characters they can choose from, the better. I liked Colton Haynes as Roy Harper so I'm fine with him and Manu Bennett as Deathstroke, obviously in an ideal world I'd have Ron Pearlman voice Slade but Manu will do fine.

Not quite sure about Wally, I would love for Wally to be on there but I'm not quite sure what the Flash show has in store for him, because of the youth of Barry, is Wally going to be in his 20's or 12 years old? If it's going to be the latter, I'd rather keep him sidelined and use other young speedsters like Jesse Chambers.

I just want to see the Titans on something other than an animated show (nothing wrong with TT:Go!) especially since by all appearances it will draw from pre-Flashpoint Titans rather than new 52 Teen Titans.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: Well I think the network is smart enough to stay away from the worst ever received run on the Titans. I may not watch this series either, but I'm happy it will exist because it will get more people into comics, and get DC to pay more attention to them in the comics (although I am happy that right now they are trying to fix them in the comics).

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

The major difference between Buffy/Angel and this show is that Angel was a spinoff show feat. a popular mainstay or two of Buffy, while Titans so far seems to focus on a couple of characters thats not appeared in either Arrow or Flash, yet, which makes it an orginal series. Also worth remembering that Buffy/Angel had the same director in Joss Wehdon.

Also, just because Deathstroke and Roy are appearing in another show, that doesnt mean they can't appear on Titans. DC/WB own the characters, not CW or TNT. What it does it allows TNT to make their own version of the two the same way the CN/Pearlman Deathstroke only appears in the TT cartoon and not in any of the other cartoon-features.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: True, but the president of CW said this is a possibility, so... it's a possibility.

Also I never said Titans couldn't use Deathstroke or the other characters, just that it would be convenient to have him be pre-established.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't set anything in this universe... I don't understand why people enjoy Arrow - the first season was pretty good, there's decent episodes here and there, but the rest is undeniably mediocre.

- TAS

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I don't enjoy it either (heck I may not even watch this Titans series) but this is a pretty interesting idea, and it would certainly gain more attention for the show.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever:

I have no doubt about that, but I'm not at all interested in Arrow, or it's universe building for that matter - they can throw in Superman... if it's all the same writers that wrote Arrow, or the producers or anything, then please... I'd rather have nothing at all.

Arrow's cynical and corporate built - it's a Nolan rip-off at it's core, tone wise mostly, with unlikeable characters, a shallow romance and a lack of proper handling of female characters. This show can go down for all I care.

Whoa... there I go rambling again.

- TAS

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Yeah once again, I don't like Arrow either, so you don't have to tell me. However since this show is going to be on TNT, which is a network with a decent budget, I'm going to give Titans a shot.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Yeah once again, I don't like Arrow either, so you don't have to tell me. However since this show is going to be on TNT, which is a network with a decent budget, I'm going to give Titans a shot.

Well, um... glad you agree. I missed out on Agents of Shield and Gotham - so here's to hoping I'll catch this one.

- TAS

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Same here, not interested in those shows either. The only thing I'm looking forward to is Constantine, since it not only has a good budget and actors, but it actually looks like it came strait out of the comic. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Same here, not interested in those shows either. The only thing I'm looking forward to is Constantine, since it not only has a good budget and actors, but it actually looks like it came strait out of the comic. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

Yeah - agreed on that.

- TAS

Magmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

If it is I think Roy should only be a recurring character in Titans because most of his important characterization in comics comes from his interactions with Oliver.

With Wally it's actually the other way around.