Teen Titans Go! - "Salty Codgers" Clip and Images

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's a new episode of Teen Titans Go! airing Thursday, August 14, on Cartoon Network at 6:00/5:00c. In "Salty Codgers," the Teen Titans aren't really teens anymore.

Mad Mod steals the youth from Cyborg, Beast Boy, Starfire and Robin, turning them into Raven’s favorite type of people: salty codgers. Instead of helping the Titans get their youth back, Raven teaches them how cool old people are.

Check out the clip at the top of the page.

Here's some more images, courtesy of Warner Bros. Television.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Is that Death?

Why does he look like The Spectre?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Sigh... still waiting for that wonderful day when this show can die, and we can get a real show.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

lol they look hilarious as old people

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#5  Edited By Outside_85

Dont think the Spectre has ever looked more 'fabulous' and un-frightning... kinda like Trigon and his knitted sweater.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I hope that's the spectre, and I hope Raven doesn't turn old cause she's an immortal demon! (is that how she is in the comics?)

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Sigh... still waiting for that wonderful day when this show can die, and we can get a real show.

Dude, let it go. If it bugs you, don't watch it. Whether this show exists or not, does not prevent other shows from being "real". Some of us enjoy the show. Granted we may miss the regular Teen Titans, but some of us appreciate that they exist in at least some form and keep the interest alive.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I hope Malcontent McDowell will be returning as Mad Mod. That would be wonderful.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds: I don't watch it. The problem is that if we want kids to care about comics, we need legitimate animated series to get them invested. Plus, as a fan I cannot just take it when a studio cancels a good show, for something much much cheaper. If this show was being aired while we had 2 or 3 other respectable DC shows out, I wouldn't mind at all, I may even enjoy it, but if it's the thing that represents DC to the public, then I just can't accept that.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Greg Cipes !

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@captainmarvel4ever: Not sure if you understand how it works. Actually, it really sounds like you don't. Believe me, this show airing has absolutely nothing to do with there not being other shows, of any kind. As for costs, I'd assume the veteran and stellar voice cast they have isn't cheap compared to getting a new show with 'newer' voice actors. If this show ended tomorrow, that wouldn't mean we'd get an influx of other shows. And I'd take this show over the Teen Titans in today's comics any day. Young Justice was not canceled to do this show, if that's what you're referring to. That show had a whole set of other "problems" that made that caused the end.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Not sure if you understand how it works. Actually, it really sounds like you don't. Believe me, this show airing has absolutely nothing to do with there not being other shows, of any kind. As for costs, I'd assume the veteran and stellar voice cast they have isn't cheap compared to getting a new show with 'newer' voice actors. If this show ended tomorrow, that wouldn't mean we'd get an influx of other shows. And I'd take this show over the Teen Titans in today's comics any day. Young Justice was not canceled to do this show, if that's what you're referring to. That show had a whole set of other "problems" that made that caused the end.

I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact that right now DC has found a way to have worse shows then Marvel right now, and considering how bad Marvel's animated series are right now, that's a bad bad thing. Kids today can't just buy comics of news stands or in grocery stores like they could decades ago, nowadays it's all about having a good animated series. With anime on TV for kids to watch, and free Manga online, comics have to do more to compete. Also Cartoon Network is under contract from WB to make at least 1 new running DC show, so if it was canceled there would be a good chance we would see something. Also I know YJ wasn't canceled for this, you act as if I don't understand how TV studios work.

Bottom line, kids deserve a show that doesn't talk down to them, especially if we want future readers.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact that right now DC has found a way to have worse shows then Marvel right now, and considering how bad Marvel's animated series are right now, that's a bad bad thing. Kids today can't just buy comics of news stands or in grocery stores like they could decades ago, nowadays it's all about having a good animated series. With anime on TV for kids to watch, and free Manga online, comics have to do more to compete. Also Cartoon Network is under contract from WB to make at least 1 new running DC show, so if it was canceled there would be a good chance we would see something. Also I know YJ wasn't canceled for this, you act as if I don't understand how TV studios work.

Bottom line, kids deserve a show that doesn't talk down to them, especially if we want future readers.

Do consider there are age groups being deliberately targeted by every show made. Out of YJ, TT and TTG, YJ took aim at the oldest group (approximately the same one that watched BTAS and the like), TT took aim at a younger one and then TTG has taken aim at the youngest one. That they catch the desired group is all they really care about, everyone else is just an added bonus.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@g_man said:

Do consider there are age groups being deliberately targeted by every show made. Out of YJ, TT and TTG, YJ took aim at the oldest group (approximately the same one that watched BTAS and the like), TT took aim at a younger one and then TTG has taken aim at the youngest one. That they catch the desired group is all they really care about, everyone else is just an added bonus.

That's the problem, it shouldn't be a kid's show, it should be an all ages show for everyone to enjoy.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@g_man said:

That's the problem, it shouldn't be a kid's show, it should be an all ages show for everyone to enjoy.

Sorry for saying this, but if you can't enjoy this, that is entirely your problem.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@g_man said:

Sorry for saying this, but if you can't enjoy this, that is entirely your problem.

No this is part of a larger problem in animation these days, good shows being canceled, and these mindless focus group approved dime a dozen shows the networks produce. If we had some decent DC animated series on TV, I wouldn't mind this series, I may even support it, but as it is it's part of a big problem in comics, and animation in general.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: No it's the much larger part of an industry that spells out bad sighs for fans and viewers who deserve more.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: No, I am someone who actually cares that throughout network television, quality animated series that people put everything they had into are being canceled, regardless of quality and hard work for something that screws the fans and other loyal viewers over. How exactly is caring about proper conduct being spoiled?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Dude, no one puts out a half-arsed cartoon. And you are spoiled because you are demanding that this particular show carter specifically to your wants, needs and perception of quality instead of just watching something else.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Dude, no one puts out a half-arsed cartoon. And you are spoiled because you are demanding that this particular show carter specifically to your wants, needs and perception of quality instead of just watching something else.

Yes they do, compare Avengers Assembled to Avengers EMH, and you can tell which one has more effort put in. I'm not asking for specific needs, I just want good quality, and for networks to treat their views better.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers