*Avengers World 9 Spoilers* Future Taskmaster

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

In Avengers World 9 Cannonball and Sunspot are sent to the future to stop aim from sending technology to themselves in the past, and they encounter Taskmaster from the future. I think he looks amazingly cool and I'm hopeful that this means A.I.M. will repair Taskmaster's brain dead brain soon. I really loved the idea of him being a double agent working for the Secret Avengers and I would really like to see him get back to doing stuff like that with a with a similar suit to this one.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

taskforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

hmmm i would mind a cyborg tasky purely for the fact i respect him so much due to him only being human, but hey a alive and well tasky is better than a coma tasky

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Teerack
@taskforce said:

hmmm i would mind a cyborg tasky purely for the fact i respect him so much due to him only being human, but hey a alive and well tasky is better than a coma tasky

I don't think he would be a cyborg if A.I.M. managed to fix his brain. Mainly because most of the stuff that A.I.M. has been seen working on in the past few years in Inhumanity, Avengers, Avengers World, etc. Has all been based around biological research, so I think if they healed his brain it would actually just be a healed brain without any cyborg parts, and hopefully it would also cure him of his memory loss condition that was revealed in Avengers Academy.

themimegogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By themimegogo

How Far into the future is this in years?

Speaking of the Coma thing, Didn't Taskmaster show up at Deadpool's Bachelor party? Anyone know if that took place before or after the events at AIM island. Besides, how do we know if this future version of him is not a robo clone of some kind that could copy powers - ala - Amazo / Adaptoid.

Either way, I'm pretty happy he's being used more and more in different stories.

Bazdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going by Maria Hill's words: a "couple of decades" at least.

I'd also prefer Taskmaster to remain all human but I wouldn't have a problem with some cybernetic upgrades. I mean, unless he has a fountain of youth he'll undoubtedly need something to keep him on top of his game, but at the moment I'm waiting for confirmation that this isn't just his future attire. Taskmaster knows that making use of good tech is vital to success, as he showed in his Udon run with image inducers and energy weapons, etc. There's also the perfectly plausible idea of this just being a remote-controlled robot akin to an LMD. Whatever the story is, as long as he's still Taskmaster I'm anxious to see where they take this.

And if in the end I don't like it... I can just hope that they alter the timeline before we get here! XD

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bazdan said:
@themimegogo said:

Going by Maria Hill's words: a "couple of decades" at least.

I'd also prefer Taskmaster to remain all human but I wouldn't have a problem with some cybernetic upgrades. I mean, unless he has a fountain of youth he'll undoubtedly need something to keep him on top of his game, but at the moment I'm waiting for confirmation that this isn't just his future attire. Taskmaster knows that making use of good tech is vital to success, as he showed in his Udon run with image inducers and energy weapons, etc. There's also the perfectly plausible idea of this just being a remote-controlled robot akin to an LMD. Whatever the story is, as long as he's still Taskmaster I'm anxious to see where they take this.

And if in the end I don't like it... I can just hope that they alter the timeline before we get here! XD

Speaking of tech. The blaster rifle and matching pistols he's using here are amazingly cool.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think this is pretty rad.

The costume looks cool, too.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@themimegogo: Oh, and to let you know, he's not dead. He appeared at Deadpool's party, and in Elektra's ongoing. I don't think the bullet took him out.

themimegogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By themimegogo

Just read Avengers World 9.

If Future Taskmaster is actually him, it would make sense for this to be directly tied to his last appearance in Secret Avengers as he was gaining consciousness in the morgue. However his appearances in Elektra and Deadpool can interfere with the continuity of the events leading up the future world.