Will Talia Al Ghul be Mainstream like Catwoman

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Catwoman is hugely popular with non comic book fans because due to her appear many times in live action.

Do you guys think Talia Al Ghul will be popular/mainstream with non comic book fans if new Batman live action movies involve more stuff with Ra's Al Ghul, League of Assasin, Damian:Son of Batman etc ? Keep in mind yes Talia have make one time appearance in live action but...it don't get huge impact and boost her popularity among general audience who don't read comics

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I definitely think that if she appears in a movie and the movie and portrayal is good than she will become mainstream because she's such a great character.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: yes agree. Talia Al Ghul is great character. She deserve get more spotlight imo

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Catwoman was in the TV show, more movies and has being there for a longer period.

It would tak too many years to be in that level.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ganon15

You know who would've made a PERFECT Talia al Ghul when she was younger? Catherine Zeta-Jones

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Right now in comics especially in 21st century, Talia get more spotlight in Batman comics. Also with Damian being Robin, Bruce and Talia relationship is strong

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: Catherine Zeta Jones age is same age as Ben Affleck. So she can be Talia especially in new Bat movies they will use "experience" Batman

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ganon15

@boynerdgeek said:

@ganon15: Catherine Zeta Jones age is same age as Ben Affleck. So she can be Talia especially in new Bat movies they will use "experience" Batman

Nah she was born in 1969. If this were the '90s/early 2000's then..

genekellypunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so. She deserves it.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Right now in comics especially in 21st century, Talia get more spotlight in Batman comics. Also with Damian being Robin, Bruce and Talia relationship is strong

Not to be mean, but the mainstream doesnt care for comics, straight to dvd animated movies and things like that.

The past Batman movie, Catwoman and Tali Al Ghul were in the movie and people didnt got behind Talia, but they got behind Catwoman.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ganon15 said:

You know who would've made a PERFECT Talia al Ghul when she was younger? Catherine Zeta-Jones

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ew.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ganon15
lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

I think that she has the potential to be very popular but she has a way to climb after the way she has been written in the past. The writers over the sadly has turned her from a strong independent woman to a obsessive controlling vengeful woman who wants to hurt Batman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah of course she can pass Catwoman in popularity if she appears in more than her in the new movies and if she is portrayed well. Black Widow was no where near as popular as Catwoman and now she is almost as popular as her. Talia brings a very different aspect to Batman movies, she's very different from Catwoman, Ivy and Harley.

@boynerdgeek said:

Not to be mean, but the mainstream doesnt care for comics, straight to dvd animated movies and things like that.

The past Batman movie, Catwoman and Tali Al Ghul were in the movie and people didnt got behind Talia, but they got behind Catwoman.

That was because how she was handled, I'm a bigger fan of Talia than Catwoman and even I liked Selina more than Talia in TDKR, she had been only there for a unnecessary twist, in fact if she wasn't there the movie would've been far better.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Yeah of course she can pass Catwoman in popularity if she appears in more than her in the new movies and if she is portrayed well. Black Widow was no where near as popular as Catwoman and now she is almost as popular as her. Talia brings a very different aspect to Batman movies, she's very different from Catwoman, Ivy and Harley.

That was because how she was handled, I'm a bigger fan of Talia than Catwoman and even I liked Selina more than Talia in TDKR, she had been only there for a unnecessary twist, in fact if she wasn't there the movie would've been far better.

pretty much this^

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeta-Jones still looks good enough to play Talia but she'll be too old by the time next Batman movie(near 50). Eva Green is my first choice for Talia.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Cloakx14

Actress Janet Montgomery would be perfect as Talia al ghul.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

I think Stana Katic should just play Talia to be honest.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@boynerdgeek said:

What i mean its that the mainstream has being watching Catwoman for ages, way more that Talia, also there its to point Black Widow is known by name but not as deep as people know Catwoman, her real name and several aspects.

The mainstream will take way more time to actually know anything, since they lack passion, for well anything.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ganon15

I think Stana Katic should just play Talia to be honest.

Her voice actress from Arkham City? Definitely

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@boynerdgeek:

Any characther that appears on other form of media often or into popular ones will get popular. Yes but of course doesnt mean people will know about the characther at all aside the media´s apperances.

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Damian to the Rescue: Lineage Language

Well, since Talia and Bruce have a son together, Damian Wayne who goes on to become a new Robin, Batman (DC Comics) fans have something to hold onto for Dark Knight family lineage intrigue.

Isn't it ironic that in the end, Bruce had a Robin-son with Talia and not Selina (Catwoman)?

That storyboarding note has had surprisingly little impact, since people did not give Damian Wayne's Robin as much media play as Jason Todd or Dick Grayson or Tim Drake (arguably) or Nightwing.

However, if we highlight a given story about Damian/Robin in an engagement/tussle with a major Batman nemesis (such as Mad Hatter), then Talia's stock goes way up, no?

Talia al Ghul (Batman Wikia)

Damian Wayne (Batman Wikia)

No Caption Provided

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Feminism Fatalism

Also, from a feminist perspective, Talia al Ghul offers Gotham a different view of women's rights, women's role in social activism (i.e., eco-terrorism), and women's issues (i.e., rape prevention).

While Catwoman might say, "I like to defend women from street muggers," Talia might say, "I like to kill street muggers attacking women."

Obviously, Talia can be more villainous than Catwoman, but her redeemability (i.e., her romantic ties to Bruce Wayne) makes her an interesting gender-themed comic book resource for anarchism discussions.

Anarchism

No Caption Provided

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ganon15

I still say that Catherine Zeta-Jones could've pulled it off as Talia in 'The Dark Knight Rises', she's only a year older than Bale.