Superman: Doomed #1

• 66 results
timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Solid first issue but did we really need the preview for Superman 32 in all of the Superbooks it felt a bit much,

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

It feels DC doesn't try very hard when it comes to Suoerman.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By dernman

How can Doomsday feel so threatening yet weak at the same time. In a way the fight was good but in another it was a huge disappointment. The parts where Superman burned him to a crisp and tore him in half were dumb. Doomsday should have been tougher than that. Too quick and too anticlimactic. I get that they needed to get it over with for infected but I was expecting something much bigger not something where DD tries to take him over from the inside. Not going to get into the other problems of this issue.

I'm trying very hard to care about new 52 Superman but I'm just not.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This issue is getting no love.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Enjoyed it, but not worth the $4.99. Spiderman issue one last week was only a dollar more and you got so much more for your money, almost double the pages in fact!

Tyndall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

All this hype about Doomsdays return and then he gets burned down to ashes. I hoped that the writers would portray him as the serious threat that he once was, and then this.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fear i am going to get absolutely yelled at but i personally like Scott Lobdell writing, what can i say i enjoy a massively powerful potrayal of Superman.

I enjoyed the story myself.. but its clear majority disagree .

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By feedonatreefrog

While the dialogue was a little over-the-top, and some of the characters' voices were off,

this. was. awesome.

Lashley killed it.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Okay, this issue is just horrible. What were they evne htinking when writing this?!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall

I fear i am going to get absolutely yelled at but i personally like Scott Lobdell writing, what can i say i enjoy a massively powerful potrayal of Superman.

Avatar image for noteworthington
Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really hoping to get into the New 52 Superman soon, but this comics panels and pacing are really hard for me to follow, anybody else have this problem?

I'm hoping Romita art will be easier to follow for me, coming up!

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...nah,you're not alone (but we are few!),and i also don't think this comic is being hated by the majority either,lets say 50/50.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: I don't know man most threads in comicvine in generally I normally find myself and at time one or two other guys arguing for Lobdell.

I think people have this idea that Superman shouldn't be much more powerful than other Justice League characters which is one place where dissent against Lobdell comes from.

A_wahab_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By A_wahab_

This was fucking shit I am so disappointed. I know this isn't a death of superman story line but they could have done a lot better job with superman and doomsdays fight. A lot of unnecessary shit and no sign of doomsday actually destroying and hurting life around itself. The artwork was pathetic, and I could not enjoy it at all. Not the fight scenes and not the dialogues, nothing. It wasn't even worth the 5 bucks I paid for it. It should have been a $2.99 book. so fucking disappointed. (just talking about the Doomed one shot, not action comics and SW/WW)

A_wahab_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By A_wahab_

ooh and Doomsday should have been portrayed as someone really strong, as strong as the man of steel himself and as strong as darkseid and one of the most powerul beings ever. But this portrayal of doomsday was so shitty that even the likes of Green Lantern and The Flash(who are really powerful in their own rights but not as powerful and strong as Doomsday) could have taken him down. what the hell were they thinking? They just destroyed the image of Doomsday who is one of the most iconic characters in the comic book world.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I really enjoyed the issue, especially the others following it. Awesome fight and the art was absolutely fabulous, a lot better than Lashley's art in the previous Superman issues. I'm actually enjoying this event a lot more than I thought I would.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I thought the discussions Superman had with other characters were sufficient in getting across his conflict about killing Doomsday. I really enjoyed the battle and how it came about and the reasons for the urgency. Some decisions are obvious and this to me was one of them. The complaint he wasn't shown upset by what he did afterwards would have come off as overkill to me.

I agree about the side story with Lana and Lois. While it was required somewhat to explain Superman showing up after supposedly ending Doomsday, I don't think that much panel currency was needed.

Tyndall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ever since the Doomsday Rex bullshit from Loeb/Mcguiness they have been watering doomsday down, I had high expectations withs this one , but as many on this board have said, the fight was much to short, and superman tearing Doomsday in half was incredibly ridicioulus. It wasnt worth the money. The hole story was to fast.