Would Black Bolt's scream hurt Superman?

• 78 results
Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

...this question comes off the back of this months Marvel Infinity, where a certain powerful villain is unphased by "the voice" after it has levelled a city! What sort of damage do you think it would do to Superman, if any, seeing as he has survived explosions more damaging than atom bombs?!

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: yes it would hurt him.

who is the villain

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Blackdog2009
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Yung ANcient One

If a "powerful villain" can take it, so can Stupid errr... Super... Superman can. His superpowers are to defy each and every logic. He raised a Island made out of Kryptonite for crying out loud.

( +)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Maybe, but Superman would lobotomize his voice box in .5 seconds.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: give me reasons why it wouldnt hurt a guy with Super hearing

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Blackbolt scream>>>>>>> Supermans version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I would think so. Nameless villain tanking it seems like a plot device for the story.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SOG7dc
PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman withstand planet explosion without harm,i dont think black bolt can hurt superman,even trick him

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: lol... you think Superman has never been attacked with sonics before? Anyways, enough with BB. Superman has withstood way worst including Darkseid's omega beams. And Superman finishes BB in a nanosecond, and that was even before BB 's recent unveiling as the biggest pu$$$&y.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say yes.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: lol... you think Superman has never been attacked with sonics before? Anyways, enough with BB. Superman has withstood way worst including Darkseid's omega beams. And Superman finishes BB in a nanosecond, and that was even before BB 's recent unveiling as the biggest pu$$$&y.

So because Black Bolt got beat up by a guy who would wreck Superman, he's a p%ssy?

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman OWNS Thanos! Don't even go there.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the scans I have seen floating around this site it seems like Black Bolts scream would do more than just hurt Superman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

............................................................................... Go make a battle thread about this, and see what everyone says. I dare you.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By buttersdaman000

No

And yes. It would hurt him. But, the damage would be concussive, not sonic (It wouldn't target his super hearing).

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009 said:

............................................................................... Go make a battle thread about this, and see what everyone says. I dare you.

Based on how powerful Marvel have made Thanos and his showing in Infinity this week, I think even most staunch Superman fans would be a bit worried about this fight!! A full BB scream to the face had hardly any impact on Thanos who then KO'd him with a single piledriver. One of the most comprehensive takedowns of a meta powered character I've ever seen!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I can't believe no one's mentioned about Superman's super hearing. He can tank planet busting attacks but high pitched sounds such as ultrasonics can throw him for a loop. I can see why Black Bolt's voice would be loud enough to burst Superman's super ear drums.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would have the same effect as it had on Thanos and maybe probably even less

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman owns Thanos just as much as he owns Darkseid... And by that I mean only through PIS and jobbing from the villains. I may be one of the oldest most bigoted Superman fanboy in here but even I wouldn't be stupid enough to accept that someone of Thanos's level would be beaten by any non-amped version of Superman. Yes, I know the Thanos clone called Mongul gets pretty beaten up time and again by Supes but that watered-down ripoff has no brains and not nearly as tough as Thanos.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By buttersdaman000

@lvenger said:

I can't believe no one's mentioned about Superman's super hearing. He can tank planet busting attacks but high pitched sounds such as ultrasonics can throw him for a loop. I can see why Black Bolt's voice would be loud enough to burst Superman's super ear drums.

I was under the impression that Black Bolts voice wasn't 'loud' per say, just powerful. Like, if he screamed in America, China would also receive just as much damage but his actual voice would carry as far as a regular persons.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Besides a serious splitting headache and busted year drums i don't see superman getting hurt any other way physically.

So basically, yes it can hurt him, but i don't think its enough to kill him. Also, i doubt it could make him go deaf because his healing would make up for that.

What I wanna know is, Superman whistled at a frequency that cancelled darkseid out of existence, if he wanted could he generate a loud devastating scream too?

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blackbolt fought evenly with Gladiator, a Superman ripoff. Yes, Superman would get hurt by his scream and even KO'd. Even Thanos was hurt by it and he would tear Superman a new one.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HolySerpent

@sog7dc: Because i read comics. it wont kill him but he will fill it.

@buttersdaman000 said:

@lvenger said:

I was under the impression that Black Bolts voice wasn't 'loud' per say, just powerful. Like, if he screamed in America, China would also receive just as much damage but his actual voice would carry as far as a regular persons.

I was under the impression that Black Blots voice was Loud and Powerful do to quasi energy ( or something like that)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 SC  Moderator

Well first fictional characters, it depends. Black Bolts scream could potentially kill every Marvel and DC character or Superman could eat all of them. Fictional portrayals are usually always a bit inconsistent and largely depends on the writers. Main reason I am posting is that the "villain" was unfazed by having a hole punched in him once and dying. Unfazed doesn't mean unharmed, the villain if I recall was bleeding quite a bit. Last time I can recall the villain bleeding this much was against Odin and even then he was quite stoic. Consistency wise Superman would/could probably be written to be harmed/probably bleeding but not incapacitated and still capable of fighting.

Blackbolt's voice isn't a sonic attack, like say Banshee's but like any powerful and big attack thats not a sonic attack its going to be loud by virtue of scale and the degree its interacting with reality. That also being said characters with traditionally hyper sensitive senses are usually written to not be affected and or they are presented inconsistently or with some degree of tuning in or out. Which makes sense since flying really fast and other typical abilities would be worst for such senses.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

Well first fictional characters, it depends. Black Bolts scream could potentially kill every Marvel and DC character or Superman could eat all of them. Fictional portrayals are usually always a bit inconsistent and largely depends on the writers. Main reason I am posting is that the "villain" was unfazed by having a hole punched in him once and dying. Unfazed doesn't mean unharmed, the villain if I recall was bleeding quite a bit. Last time I can recall the villain bleeding this much was against Odin and even then he was quite stoic. Consistency wise Superman would/could probably be written to be harmed/probably bleeding but not incapacitated and still capable of fighting.

Blackbolt's voice isn't a sonic attack, like say Banshee's but like any powerful and big attack thats not a sonic attack its going to be loud by virtue of scale and the degree its interacting with reality. That also being said characters with traditionally hyper sensitive senses are usually written to not be affected and or they are presented inconsistently or with some degree of tuning in or out. Which makes sense since flying really fast and other typical abilities would be worst for such senses.

Black Bolts scream could potentially kill every Marvel and DC character

I don't think its potentially at all since Thanos can tank it & hes near sky father level so most around that level or higher would survive it soundly ,I think his voice could kill superman with continuous assault but it'd take awhile .

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SC  Moderator

@hellionvulcan said:

Right... so I say potentially kill every Marvel and DC character and its Thanos you choose to use as your example and not say Galactus or Living Tribunal, or the Presence? =p

I am not sure you read the sentence directly before the one you focused on? Are you trying to tell me that a fictional character can compel real life writers to act or behave? "Well first fictional characters, it depends. Black Bolts scream could potentially kill every Marvel and DC character or Superman could eat all of them" dramatically changes the context yes?

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HellionVulcan

@sc said:

@hellionvulcan said:

Right... so I say potentially kill every Marvel and DC character and its Thanos you choose to use as your example and not say Galactus or Living Tribunal, or the Presence? =p

I am not sure you read the sentence directly before the one you focused on? Are you trying to tell me that a fictional character can compel real life writers to act or behave? "Well first fictional characters, it depends. Black Bolts scream could potentially kill every Marvel and DC character or Superman could eat all of them" dramatically changes the context yes?

I went with Thanos due to the fight they just had in Infinity #4 where he took three of Black bolts screams with no real injury plus its obvious that Galactus Living Tribunal or Presence could take it with ease so could Zeus Odin & many more .

I focused on the kill every Marvel and DC character because he can not do as you said .

Are you trying to tell me that a fictional character can compel real life writers to act or behave?

I don't get this part do you mean that human's can't react to comics emotionally or effect our behavior ? as of course comics can have an impact on people & their actions .

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SC  Moderator

@hellionvulcan said:

I focused on the kill every Marvel and DC character because he can not do as you said. I don't get this part do you mean that human's can't react to comics emotionally or effect our behavior ? as of course comics can have an impact on people & their actions .

Within the fictional narrative - inside the story a claim like that has merit yes? You understand I am speaking creatively yes? The part you say don't get is that a writer can have a fictional character do anything they want. What's happened before within a story doesn't limit or restrict them. If Grant Morrison or Brian Michael Bendis want to write Black Bolt killing Thanos or Galactus they can do that because they are fictional characters. So yes a character could potentially do as I said, since a writers/companies wishes take precedence over fictional characters abilities.

Uhm, by chance you didn't mistakenly assume/believe I was implying/asserting Black Bolt will start beating all characters did you?

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@hellionvulcan said:

I focused on the kill every Marvel and DC character because he can not do as you said. I don't get this part do you mean that human's can't react to comics emotionally or effect our behavior ? as of course comics can have an impact on people & their actions .

Within the fictional narrative - inside the story a claim like that has merit yes? You understand I am speaking creatively yes? The part you say don't get is that a writer can have a fictional character do anything they want. What's happened before within a story doesn't limit or restrict them. If Grant Morrison or Brian Michael Bendis want to write Black Bolt killing Thanos or Galactus they can do that because they are fictional characters. So yes a character could potentially do as I said, since a writers/companies wishes take precedence over fictional characters abilities.

Uhm, by chance you didn't mistakenly assume/believe I was implying/asserting Black Bolt will start beating all characters did you?

But thats the thing this isn't in a comic so we'd know that Black bolt killing Galactus or Thanos would be considered pis/cis & nothing else as what could be in comics means nothing without feats to back it up .

When you say "Black Bolts scream could potentially kill every Marvel and DC character" it is implied what you meant by it as i can't detect that you were or weren't serious .

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SC  Moderator

@hellionvulcan said:

But thats the thing this isn't in a comic so we'd know that Black bolt killing Galactus or Thanos would be considered pis/cis & nothing else as what could be in comics means nothing without feats to back it up .

When you say "Black Bolts scream could potentially kill every Marvel and DC character" it is implied what you meant by it as i can't detect that you were or weren't serious .

I am going to call this a misunderstanding okay? When I say that these are fictional characters and so it depends, then say that Black Bolt's scream could potentially kill all those characters, it actually implies that its possible, because it is possible. Fictional characters can do anything by virtue of being fictional. Its not likely however? Since such stories would not be likely, or exciting or profitable and just a number of reasons. Except there are huge differences between what is possible and what is likely, hence the use of the word potentially. PIS/CIS are fan made terms, some people might consider PIS/CIS but a lot of people would not because their ability to discern what's stupid or not is different. Galactus being purple is "PIS", Peter Parker not dying from a radioactive spider and getting powers is "PIS", everything that happens in Marvel and DC is "PIS" because it all happens to tell us (silly, fun, unusual, exciting) stories that are of a nature that can't actually happen in real life because of things like physics and reality getting in the way. Except those terms are usually instead used because a bunch of people of people attempt to try and discern consistency within the narrative to simplify and help when answering questions like who beats who and why.

So your using that battles terminology to try and tell me? That a writer like Grant Morrison or Brian Michael Bendis aren't allowed to pretty much write whatever they want? Their editor will tell them to rewrite something because its PIS/CIS? Who is the we in your we'd? I actually disagree with your personal idea that something needs feats to back it up, thats not actually how stories are created. So for a lot of people stuff like that doesn't matter. This is why most writers baulk at feats and battles questions. Your standards not mine and I am not saying anything is wrong with your idea about these things, but its problematic when selectively take one sentence out of context yes? Or when you assume that other people place priorities the same way you do. If you think what someone said is implied, why not seek clarification before making assertions?

Like before you said its obvious the characters could... but could is a different word to would. Could implies possibilities/potential. Which is good, since in fiction the word would doesn't exist, its always could. The could is based on the writers discretion. Okay hope that makes things clearer?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: That's not really a reason. How do you know blackbolts scream

Is >>>>>>than supermans

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009 said:

Superman owns Thanos just as much as he owns Darkseid... And by that I mean only through PIS and jobbing from the villains. I may be one of the oldest most bigoted Superman fanboy in here but even I wouldn't be stupid enough to accept that someone of Thanos's level would be beaten by any non-amped version of Superman. Yes, I know the Thanos clone called Mongul gets pretty beaten up time and again by Supes but that watered-down ripoff has no brains and not nearly as tough as Thanos.

I'm with you on this one. Superman is one of my very favourites, but his record against the likes of Thor, Silver Surfer and now Black Bolt is pretty frightening!

Also, I think the scream is a problem for Supes on a sonic level. Wouldn't break him, he's way too durable for that..

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Superman would beat blackbolt

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By EnigmaLantern

I have to side with Superman, I think he'd get hurt/wounded but before Black Bolt could barrage Superman with enough sonic (or quasi energy, or whatever it is) screams Superman would take him down.

Just to put an idea out there, couldn't Superman take him down before Black Bolt could muster the effort and energy to scream due to Superman's superspeed? I know it's slightly out of what the OP was asking but I'm just wondering..

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By toptom

Super hearing + ultra voice = big damage.

Still i think Superman could overcome it in the end.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Black Bolt ever actually destroyed a planet with his voice?

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

I could be wrong but it seems like Black Bolt's scream is reminiscent of Black Canary's (as opposed to say a Silver Banshee). In which case it would offer some impact or concussive type resistance to Superman, but over-all not do much to him I wouldn't think.

As for the idea of Thanos being oh-so powerful - again I could be wrong but isn't he only really that powerful when he has the infinity gems and gauntlet? Without those I didn't think he was anywhere near as powerful - in which case, if you're talking a battle, then I would expect Supe's to take it. However sure , if Thanos has his infinity gems and gauntlet combo and is all powered up - he should beat a normal Supe's. But then one could argue "well Superman could sun dip for like a few hours or go and expose himself to a blue star" in which case I would give advantage Supe's again, and on and on it goes until the end of days with "what if's" and special circumstances being thrown in about a fictional fight between fictional characters.

The fact is Superman pwns all other superheroes and villains because - well he's the boss, basically. He's been around longer than all of them, inspired most of them and their creation... if for no other reason than that, Superman is king. ;-P

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: Thanos feats isnt Impressive,he toe with toe fight thor,hulk etc,i dont think thanos is much more powerful than hulk or thor,but there has many fanboys,exaggerate and confusion always in the worlds

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Alak

I'm pretty sure Black Bolt's scream would hurt Superman, but I'm doubtful that it'd kill him (at least before Supes takes him out).

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: The gauntlet lets him affect all of reality if he had it. If he so chose he could suck his power away. And your underrating Thanos far too much

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: you missed my point. My point was that when these arguments come up, it's mostly pointless since they're fictional characters in a fictional scenario, so anyone could argue whatever they want, and create different circumstances or scenarios that will favour a chosen character.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: No, not really. Admittedly I'm not very well versed in Thanos, but as I understand it, he's an equivalent to Darkseid right? Add in the infinity gauntlet and he's basically as powerful as TOAA? The Thanos/Darkseid comparisons are obvious given one was a direct rip-off of the other, but of course Marvel and DC have different approaches in showing how powerful their characters are, so even then it would probably be hard to compare the two even at their "normal" depictions.

In the end though I find the "who's stronger" type arguments mostly pointless these days since it's 1. Always changing depending on what a writer wants to accomplish and 2. All very much how someone chooses to interpret a feat. I get its fun sometimes to speculate and discuss, but there's always some group of fanboys who take it all way too seriously. It's why I avoid the battle forums normally.