#1 Edited by joshmightbe (24897 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously its been a focal point of 5 movies, an entire TV series, the last four seasons of Smallville and a large portion of an animated series. Superman's entire life doesn't revolve around Lois so why does it have to be a plot point in everything he's involved in outside of comics?

#2 Posted by The Stegman (24627 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, it seems Lois is more like Superman's voice in this film, she'll interview him, figure out where he came from, and will probably coin the phrase "Superman". Maybe she'll be like Pepper in the first Iron Man film, they'll have a flirtation, but nothing too heavy.

#3 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I liked their relationship but these points are really valid

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24897 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just saying the relationship is established, everyone knows its going to happen so it doesn't need to be central to the plot.

#5 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. This is about Clark's journey to becoming Superman, developing his relationship can be saved for a sequel.

#6 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe people are arguing that it's needed to be focused on.

Like you said, it's been given how much media spotlight already. I'll be damned if it needs anymore. AT LEAST, save it for a sequel.

#7 Edited by k4tzm4n (45324 posts) - - Show Bio

....how about watching the movie before jumping to conclusions?

Staff
#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24897 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I'm not jumping to conclusions, I've just noticed that many of the bad reviews have been complaining about the lack of focus on this relationship and my point is it doesn't need to be addressed in depth in this movie.

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (45324 posts) - - Show Bio

So... maybe put that in the OP to help clear it up? ;)

Staff
#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24897 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I tried to put it in the title but it keep saying I had too many characters.

#11 Edited by Bogey (948 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they need a relationship since we may have Wonder Woman in the movieverse soon.

#12 Posted by BeautifulTemptress (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey: I doubt.As it was said up to me that the attention to the relations between Clark and Lois will be given in the sequel.In this film, more attention is paid to the formation of the hero.

#13 Edited by joshmightbe (24897 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifultemptress: I know, my post came from the large amount of critics complaining about the movie not focusing on it as much as the Donner movies, tho they seem to be pissed in general that this wasn't a carbon copy of the Donner movies so its possibly a side effect of that.

#14 Edited by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just tired of them doing the same old dance over and over again. That's why I prefer Wonder Woman.

#15 Posted by BeautifulTemptress (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Their kiss makes clear that in the sequel they become a couple.And I hope that the creators will pay attention to the grievances of people about it.

#16 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure it will be focused in the sequel. Goddamn this critics are all Donner wankers. This s**t is getting ridicules...

#17 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I'm sure we'd all love to see Man Of Steel without the intensity of Michael Shannon, the themes of new ideas vs antiquated social roles, and the immense depth of the new Superman, no, we want to see Lois and Superman make out more. Yeah, yeah, sure

#18 Posted by TJSH96 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care about Superman and Lois's relationship. Why do fictional-characters need to have relationships (girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands and all that nonsense)? I go to see a movie about Superman to see Superman's story and Superman in some action-scenes, not to see some relationship.