#1 Posted by Al_capOWN (530 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF just happen, is this true??

Why is it getting cancelled?

Why not cancel action or superman since those suck and have been sucking since day one???

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11103 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not getting cancelled. It's ending because Snyder and Lee are finishing their story. And they're not going to cancel "Superman" because that's just forbidden.

#3 Posted by Al_capOWN (530 posts) - - Show Bio

So why did DC say this would be a new ongoing instead os saying, "oh it'll be a mini series that will be 10 issues" stupid DC, such a great book, I really thought this would out last action comics, considering how shitty it was when unchained started.

#4 Posted by JonKent (28 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell DC close the most successful comic about Superman?Would be better if they closed the biggest flop comic about Superman.

#5 Posted by MaccyD (3548 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11103 posts) - - Show Bio

So why did DC say this would be a new ongoing instead os saying, "oh it'll be a mini series that will be 10 issues" stupid DC, such a great book, I really thought this would out last action comics, considering how shitty it was when unchained started.

It was never concrete whether or not DC was continuing Unchained or ending it once the story closed. DC wanted Scott to write another arc for the book but he said Superman would be the least of his priorities as he has other books to focus on so he didn't want to sell the character short. DC then decided to end the title rather than find a new creative team.

#7 Posted by LyraFay (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee, is one half of who helps runs DC, he's busy that's why.

#8 Edited by Kal'smahboi (3484 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder is finishing his story, and the title was essentially created so that he could have his own book. It really makes sense. I wouldn't be against them canceling Superman, either way. Not reading it anymore anyway. Action comics has seen more good days than bad, so just keep that as Supes' main title.

Also, can somebody link me the announcement/article? I hadn't heard about this until this thread.

#9 Posted by Transformers1024 (1719 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if I should buy all 9 individual issues or buy them in a trade...hmm decisions

#10 Edited by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

They were really wishy-washy on whether or not it would be an ongoing. Snyder was always clear that this is his Superman story, the one that he wants to tell, and he and Jim Lee or both busy men.

Also, Action Comics totally has NOT sucked since day one, we went from a great run with Morrison to some mediocrity for a while to now a great run with Pak (of course that's entirely subjective, though, and you can like whatever you want)

#11 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20036 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if I should buy all 9 individual issues or buy them in a trade...hmm decisions

Trade, its good, but not that good, IMO. Other's are sure to disagree with me I would suppose.

#12 Posted by noj (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

My honest guess is that DC is going to announce a Superman Weekly and got rid of Unchained so they werent too saturated with Superman books. Just like the Dark knight - Eternal switch.

#13 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9089 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@al_capown: Cancel Action comics by Greg Pak?!

I hope that's a shocked response and not a suggestions, cus if it's a suggestion I'll have to ban you from the Superman threads.

#14 Posted by 2cool4fun (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

@transformers1024 said:

Trade, its good, but not that good, IMO. Other's are sure to disagree with me I would suppose.

I agree, it's good but it drags some times, especially with Jim Lee constantly being late with the art for the book...

#15 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha because it sucks

#16 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9089 posts) - - Show Bio

@transformers1024 said:

I don't know if I should buy all 9 individual issues or buy them in a trade...hmm decisionsUn

Unchained is poetry, and it shows us the elements of what Superman really is..... but its sooooo boring. I could care less about Wraith and Lex Luthor is also dull as feyuke. I got more goosebumps from He'l Arc Lex Luthor than I have in Unchained.

#17 Posted by 2cool4fun (1360 posts) - - Show Bio
@noj said:

My honest guess is that DC is going to announce a Superman Weekly and got rid of Unchained so they werent too saturated with Superman books. Just like the Dark knight - Eternal switch.

#18 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20036 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@transformers1024 said:

I don't know if I should buy all 9 individual issues or buy them in a trade...hmm decisionsUn

Unchained is poetry, and it shows us the elements of what Superman really is..... but its sooooo boring. I could care less about Wraith and Lex Luthor is also dull as feyuke. I got more goosebumps from He'l Arc Lex Luthor than I have in Unchained.

I don't care what any one says H'el on Earth rocked!

#19 Posted by SanoHibiki (1423 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancel Pak’s AC?!.. Blasphemy!

#20 Posted by noj (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@2cool4fun: Its not too far fetched. A Superman Weekly has been rumored for months now and in fact was rumored at the exact same time as a Batman Weekly which is in fact happening.

#21 Edited by Lvenger (18329 posts) - - Show Bio

@al_capown: Simple, it was Snyder's chance to write his own Superman story and now that he's coming towards finishing it, DC would rather cancel that series than let it sink in sales as it's already been doing with the delays due to Lee's late artwork. Thus, it makes sense from a financial standpoint to cancel the best selling and most popular Superman book whilst the going's good rather than let it fade in sales and acclaim into obscurity with a more consistent creative team. Nonetheless, it would have been great if that had happened but alas, such is the way of comic book business. I'll enjoy Superman Unchained whilst it lasts.

@saint_wildcard Forgive me for finding it ridiculous that the pompous overrated, sloppily executed mess that was H'El on Earth rating more 'chilling' moments than any one panel from Superman Unchained. I honestly find more quality in any one page from that series than anything Lobdell has ever done with Superman. And Lobdell has done too much poor **** with Superman thus far.

@kal_smahboi This isn't the official announcement but it has a full confirmation from Scott Snyder on the series ending: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50425

#22 Posted by 2cool4fun (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Nightwing is also ending? Can someone please introduce me to Dan DiDio, Jim Lee & Geoff Johns so I can nicely........PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE!!

#23 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9089 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard Forgive me for finding it ridiculous that the pompous overrated, sloppily executed mess that was H'El on Earth rating more 'chilling' moments than any one panel from Superman Unchained. I honestly find more quality in any one page from that series than anything Lobdell has ever done with Superman. And Lobdell has done too much poor **** with Superman thus far.

I knew that statement would get a rise out of someone, but I stick by my statement that He'l arc Lex is was more fun than Unchained Lex. Between delays and my growing disinterest in what's going on I've completely forgotten what Lex want's to do, I can remember things ive seen in cartoons years ago, if I can't remember what his plan was from a few months ago the book is not capturing my attention. I think my problem started when the made Wraith into a mentor for Superman.

#24 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3484 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I don't think they should cancel purely from the standpoint that if they had a good writer....like maybe Joshua Hale Fialkov, MATT KINDT, Dan Abnett, or ROB WILLIAMS would write it and they got a great artist like Stephen Segovia or Chris Weston or Decter Soy to draw it then people would still buy Unchained

#26 Posted by Lvenger (18329 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I knew that statement would get a rise out of someone, but I stick by my statement that He'l arc Lex is was more fun than Unchained Lex. Between delays and my growing disinterest in what's going on I've completely forgotten what Lex want's to do, I can remember things ive seen in cartoons years ago, if I can't remember what his plan was from a few months ago the book is not capturing my attention. I think my problem started when the made Wraith into a mentor for Superman.

But all Lex did in H'El on Earth was say "Ooh I know about this H'El guy you've just met," rile Superboy over his clone origins and just drop convoluted clues about the story. Unchained Lex is sinister, complex, arrogant, malovolent and clearly knows he's the smartest person in the room and the best authority on the threat Superman poses to Lex. If you honestly think Lobdell's hacked off impression of Lex was better than Snyder's nearly pitch perfect Lex well... that does say something indeed newbie.

#27 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9089 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:
But all Lex did in H'El on Earth was say "Ooh I know about this H'El guy you've just met," rile Superboy over his clone origins and just drop convoluted clues about the story. Unchained Lex is sinister, complex, arrogant, malovolent and clearly knows he's the smartest person in the room and the best authority on the threat Superman poses to Lex. If you honestly think Lobdell's hacked off impression of Lex was better than Snyder's nearly pitch perfect Lex well... that does say something indeed newbie.

Haha, I knew a remark like that was coming.I liked him in the He'l arc because of his little pow wow with them. He was arrogant, and built himself a prison to prove a point. He considers Superman a rival and will not be talked with disrespect by a mere clone. What you consider convoluted I see as him just being a jerk and not giving his enemy all the answers. I didn't get that from what little Lex said in Unchained, sure he wants to Kill Superman and has brilliant plan but I didn't get the same spice I got from Lex in appearances like Black Ring, All Star or Red Son. But then again we all see different things.

Edit- Also Like the fact that he's such a risk that the has to put the cuffs on when Superman went to see him. A man that challenges Superman on a daily basis has to be taken as a serious threat.

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Unchained was never said to be an on-going from what I remember, it was merely Snyder telling the Superman story he always dreamed of. He only ever mentioned in interviews that he hoped it would continue on from there.

#29 Posted by MaccyD (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@al_capown: Cancel Action comics by Greg Pak?!

I hope that's a shocked response and not a suggestions, cus if it's a suggestion I'll have to ban you from the Superman threads.

Definitely Shock, Greg Pak is brilliant.

#30 Posted by inferiorego (21228 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

He can't run a company AND drawn a monthly book? FIRE HIM!

::grab pitchfork::

:End obvious sarcasm:

Staff
#31 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

He can't run a company AND drawn a monthly book? FIRE HIM!

::grab pitchfork::

:End obvious sarcasm:

Who runs a company these days? That's what we have Skynet for...

#32 Edited by EnigmaLantern (718 posts) - - Show Bio

One can only hope that Snyder will knock our socks off by issue 9.

To be honest, seeing as these "delays" are becoming a re-occurring theme by Jim Lee on Unchained, I've just resulted to collecting the rest of the issues until I finish getting issue 9, then reading the whole thing through. Most people would argue why I won't get the TPB but I just like collecting the comic books more, it feels lush.

#33 Posted by clarkbruce (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Say what? That's just about the only comic book that I read now. Ah crap.

#34 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

They should've just done their story in the Superman book so we wouldn't have to get Lobdell stories.

#35 Edited by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Its been a solid book despite the delays. Sad to see it go, I love Jim Lee's art and Snyder is always good. But I rather see it end when they are done than have a new creative team to be honest.

#36 Edited by sinestro_GL (3050 posts) - - Show Bio

They must have announced that it was going to be a mini series, because I've known this since issue 1