• 148 results
PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

which Superman?SA superman 100% overpowered

who faster than infinity itself,survival big bang,lift entire universe weight,true invulnerable,never lose in fight PIS;creater new power;

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

which Superman?SA superman 100% overpowered

who faster than infinity itself,survival big bang,lift entire universe weight,true invulnerable,never lose in fight PIS;creater new power;

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By PowerWoman

@consolemaster001: lol,in fact,back the pre-crisis,DC creater a lot of street charater to match superman in power,i hate it,they are make superman look like so weak

Darkhero5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because of writers and fans. There are characters who are as strong or stronger than superman but writers and fans male them seem weaker. When have you seen Martian man hunter, black adam, shazam, Thor, sentry or anybody "super man " level move a planet or hold a f black hole. And with every debate with these characters superman always wins because he's either stronger faster or more durable. If writers and fans will allow those superman level characters to seem more superman level than he may not come off as so overpowered. And even if they do out muscle him or have more powers there is always the superman is always holding back and sun dipped argument so in all no one can beat superman without a stupid plot if the writers or fans have anything to say about it. you can't say someone is not op and that others are as strong as him than turn around and say those same people can't beat superman because their not as strong as him.

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone who says that Superman is OP does not know much about the character.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b01667a4f83
deactivated-64b01667a4f83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No such thing as OP.

Superman's power levels shouldn't be based on other people wanting their heroes to be more powerful.

And if OP is a thing, then Superman is the one guy entitled to it.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By SodamYat

cause he beats some peoples favorite characters and they get mad and call him over powered. they basically want superman to be lowered to the level of their favorite character, or maybe even lower so that superman doesnt beat their favorite character.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cause n!ggas don't know sh!t

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman can beat anyone short of the god of his own fictional universe. And like someone said in this topic, he's entitled to it, he's the pioneer of fav heroes people like power fantasy wankng to. Superman has directly stated, he holds back, he always making sure he isn't god mod powerful day by day and only goes the limit when he is challenged or decides to expand his phenomenal potential to mitigate a threat, and this is confirmed as a one time thing. He crafts barriers and psychological safeguards in his superpowered brain accessing enough to be nerfed to fight the occasional threat or event because he hates being curiously omnipotent, even against Magic, he just tells himself he can't match it's chaos and unpredictable properties when ironically he's when he wants to can and has no selled vast magical forces and attacks because his willpower and alien soul.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an excuse to whine about him.

It's been done by Batman Fanatics, DBZ fanatics, and Superman haters in general. Each of them just say this because Superman is stronger than their favorite character and that makes them mad. Just like how some Superman fanatics complain about how Batman gets to be the strategist of the two.

I mean. Do they have a line in between what is over powered and what isn't? How strong does one have to be to be regarded as "Overpowered"? Nobody has ever told me.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#111  Edited By Lvenger

@jogga: I'd say it's also because of Superman's popularity in some regards. He's more iconic than Goku, second to Batman's popularity in DC and does outrank a lot of other Marvel characters in popularity too. Thus, that camp falls behind the "Superman's so boring 'cause he's so powerful" defense which almost always never works in practice. Besides, there are many comic book characters who are way more OP than Superman is.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. They know nothing of him and just repeating someone else’ words.

2. Superman beat – fair and square – their favorite character in some battle thread and because of that he must be overpowered.

kingofnerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is only op on comicvine

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He isn't. There are other characters that don't have an exploitable weakness like he does. WW, Flash, Atrocitus, etc. It is just he is very powerful in battle and very high combat speeds when not holding back. This is why he and most characters with higher combat speed are very successful on the Vine.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ariesxmasters

He is only op on comicvine

If I could give you a high five or fist bump through the internet I would, because no one on this site has ever been more right about something.

Superman isn't overpowered except on Comicvine when people try to make him be. If you read his Comics and look at how he is portrayed on Comicvine you will see a giant difference, and for numerous reasons too. The main thing is that when you actually read his Comics you will know the context, story and consistency behind the feat in question, versus just a random user showing you a random feat that could have been taken out of context, but you wouldn't know unless you read that issue.

Perfect example is the feat where Silver Age Superman sneezed away a Solar system at the first look at the feat you would think Silver Age Superman is just that OP then when you actually read that issue and the context behind it you see that, that is not as much so, and there is context behind it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman isn't overpowered, and Batman is. You can't make a character "overpowered" on purpose, it has to be on accident due to bad writing. There is no rule that characters in fiction have to be each others' equals. Infact, if everyone in your story was on equal footing, you'd have trouble making the audience care so much about the protagonist, or you'd have trouble creating conflict with the antagonist. Superman is written as very powerful on purpose. He's supposed to do things that are impossible. Batman, on the otherhand, is just human, and is supposed to only do things humans can do. But, yet, Batman is able to take down superhumans and perform other impossible tasks, that don't have any logic within the context of the story. So Superman is not overpowered, but Batman is.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

I think it just has to do with his Iconography. Out of all the comic book superheroes, Superman has been the most Iconic by far. He's a character that is just as well known as Mickey Mouse, Santa Claus, and Coca-Cola.

I've seen people assuring themselves that Superman isn't the whole package, that he is all brawns and no brains. Then see their frustration as I, or somebody else, correct them in that regard. Then they go on a looong rant on how Superman is some "Mary Sue" because he seems to be too powerful and smart, despite the fact that that's not how one classifies a Mary Sue.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#118  Edited By Lvenger

@jogga: Ditto man, ditto. I've spent many threads pointing out how Superman is also a smart strategist and a clever fighter as well as a robust powerhouse and physical beast but of course that threatens too many people's perceptions about Superman's power level. If anything, there are far more guilty parties who make their characters overpowered than the Superman fans do. In any case, Superman's iconography definitely does play a part in attracting negative parties and unfair criticism of his superpowers.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they forget about characters like Martian Manhunter.

Now that's OP. Not only can MM do almost everything Superman does, but the only weakness he had was greatly decreased, to the point where it isn't even a weakness anymore.

While Superman still has kryptonite, red sunlight and magic to deal with. I'd like to see DC grow a pair and say "This is simply too much. The kryptonite stuff and it only affecting kryptonians is ridiculous, so we either change it, to be radioactive to all forms of life or we remove it altogether. Superman obviously has some degree of psionic power, so lets include psychic and magical defenses, and make him vulnerable only to other characters on the same level has he is. Has for red sunlight, from now on, it's kryptonians only weakness."

Do this and then we can talk about Superman being overpowered.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they forget about characters like Martian Manhunter.

Because those people are dumb, they only read the low level heroes and forget the worldbuilding done by great DC writers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@spidermeat101: Me it's Injustice gods among us. I dislike that comic, I love the game, but I just dislike how overpowered they make Superman. It also shows how hopeless a comic where he goes evil is. It's a comic with no hero as the villain (Superman) wins.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's really not as powerful as people make him out to be, he can't even push a planet on his own.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they haven't read a comic and follow the bandwagon.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ignorance...

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's really not as powerful as people make him out to be, he can't even push a planet on his own.

lol, that's terrible

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Heatblaze

@linsanel_doctor said:
@heatblaze123 said:

lol, that's terrible

Then again, that was post crisis. New 52 he is stronger.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linsanel_doctor said:
@heatblaze123 said:

lol, that's terrible

He's not. Post-Crisis is noticeably more powerful

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:
@heatblaze123 said:
@linsanel_doctor said:
@heatblaze123 said:

lol, that's terrible

He's not. Post-Crisis is noticeably more powerful

Any examples?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#129 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Probably because he has tons of powers, all to extremely high limits, from only being an alien in a yellow sun.

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is overpowered, Mr.Majestic was create for the sole purpose to be better than SM in every way but now he's weaker than SM, because Superman has gotten stronger over the years. The guy bench pressed earth for 5 days straight with no sunlight and only stopped because he had to go to work. Why does the guy even have a job? Does he need food? No. Does he need a place to live? He already has the fortress of solitude. Does he need a bed to sleep? No. He's basically an illegal alien that took a job that should've been given to a hard working person who needed it to survive! HAHAHA But all in all he is overpowered and theres nothing wrong with that. All because he's overpowered doesn't mean he's boring. And all because he has no limit doesn't mean he cant be beat, he just flat out doesn't know the lengths of his powers. I personally cant wait to see when he gets his powers back, so he can get back to kicking ass. Superman haters are always going to find something about him they don't like, but thats their opinion and they're entitled to it. Personally Superman is amazing and I hope he becomes more powerful as times passes, just because I want to piss off Superman haters :P

RyuBG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has literally done that

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryubg said:
@heatblaze123 said:

He has literally done that

I was thinking of post crisis, not new 52.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ht003 said:

he is overpowered, Mr.Majestic was create for the sole purpose to be better than SM in every way but now he's weaker than SM, because Superman has gotten stronger over the years. The guy bench pressed earth for 5 days straight with no sunlight and only stopped because he had to go to work. Why does the guy even have a job? Does he need food? No. Does he need a place to live? He already has the fortress of solitude. Does he need a bed to sleep? No. He's basically an illegal alien that took a job that should've been given to a hard working person who needed it to survive! HAHAHA But all in all he is overpowered and theres nothing wrong with that. All because he's overpowered doesn't mean he's boring. And all because he has no limit doesn't mean he cant be beat, he just flat out doesn't know the lengths of his powers. I personally cant wait to see when he gets his powers back, so he can get back to kicking ass. Superman haters are always going to find something about him they don't like, but thats their opinion and they're entitled to it. Personally Superman is amazing and I hope he becomes more powerful as times passes, just because I want to piss off Superman haters :P

I believe he enjoys his work as a reporter because even Superman finds it difficult to write well. He likes the challenge. And he may not need to eat or sleep, and does these things for pleasure, but that's no different than anyone else. After eating, breathing, and drinking, most things are optional.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say that he's powerful, but he certainly struggles a lot in body and mind. Has villains like Doomsday, Mongul, Anti-Monitor, Imperiex, etc. that can physically beat him down. He has villains such as Mxyzptlk and Brainiac that can mess around with him thanks to magic and advanced intellect. He struggles with the very real burden of his duties and how that fits with other aspects of his life. He still wants to be the Clark Kent that he was, but is faced with the harsh reality that he really isn't human, he's an alien from outer space that has power levels rivaling Gods, can't be an ideal person in relationships,etc. I don't think anyone really envies Superman for all the challenges that he has.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#135  Edited By Cream_God

Deathbattle

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: haha it was just a joke, like how a lot of people complain about illegal aliens crossing borders and taking jobs. Superman basically did that too :P wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Also to add to your point, Superman has the job to feel more human and to help himself feel like he belongs.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ignorance

Minaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since he holds back many would think he has a difficult time with less powerful opponents so he must be very beatable from the likes of Thor, MM, SS, etc. False. He is depicted as the ultimate superhero who many times is the last line of defense for humanity. He is the powerhouse who can but never will kill a sentient being. He is the epitome of a hero, a gentle giant in a way. To many opponents he can be seen as overpowered but he hardly uses the full gamut of his abilities and mostly elects to tank on defense.

He is underrated by many.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet if their favorite character surpassed Superman they wouldn't call their character OP.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone else get an instant headache whenever they see this topic pop up?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

Yes.

KalelOfSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman isn't overpowered, and Batman is. You can't make a character "overpowered" on purpose, it has to be on accident due to bad writing. There is no rule that characters in fiction have to be each others' equals. Infact, if everyone in your story was on equal footing, you'd have trouble making the audience care so much about the protagonist, or you'd have trouble creating conflict with the antagonist. Superman is written as very powerful on purpose. He's supposed to do things that are impossible. Batman, on the otherhand, is just human, and is supposed to only do things humans can do. But, yet, Batman is able to take down superhumans and perform other impossible tasks, that don't have any logic within the context of the story. So Superman is not overpowered, but Batman is.

Steelflame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know ask Screwattack or those wankers on the battleforum. Actually maybe its that super PIS Darkseid fight.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is not overpowered for me.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is overpowered for me.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said: