Why do people say Superman doesnt have a cool rogues Gallery?

• 76 results
Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Superman's best villains (some are new): Lex Luthor,Metallo,Parasite (Rudy Jones),Mongul I,Cyborg Superman,Preus,Doomsday,Ruin (It's a shame that Hammilton disappeared),Brainiac,Bizarro,General Zod,Atlas (he had potential)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I think when it gets to the nit and grits of it the bad guys are like politicians where they dictate the issues and yeah we can point out we don't like them cause they are bad. But personally at the end of the day the baddies get what they get and that's the end of it. I think the reason why the rouge gallery of let's say batman is cooler is they are literally psychopaths. They do horrendous things, they're killers, evil people and there's something more sinister about them which hits closer to real life as they are what makes me run quickly to my car in an empty parking lot at 2 am in the morning in the city. While in our minds we know that Batman and his crew will probably prevail at the end we wonder at what costs, a life or maybe someones use of their legs. I'll admit I haven't read a whole lot of superman comics but if an enemy has to reach an all new level they probably would have to kill someone close to Superman. Not sure if anything like that happened or if DC would allow that to happen.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Sylvain

for me his gallery is in the top 3.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think his villians are fine,he is just boring as hell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Because they're deluded.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

zod is badass.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By deaditegonzo

Supes has probably my favourite Rogues Gallery in comics.

• Darkseid
  • Helspont
  • Mongul
  • Doomsday
  • Manchester Black
  • H'El
  • Brainiac
  • Parasite
  • Metallo
  • Bizarro (Ed McGuinness style or Red Son status)
  • Atomic Skull
  • Composite Superman
  • Eradicator
  • Cyborg Superman
  • General Zod
  • Imperiex
  • Kryptonite Man
  • Lex Luthor
  • Lobo
  • Mxy
  • Superboy-Prime
  • Ultraman
  • Gog
  • Dominus
  • Kalibak
  • Dr. Xa' Du
  • Vyndktvk

Man, I planned on just listing ones I really like, then the list just exploded on me. He has the biggest, baddest rogues gallery of anyone.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I really like some of his villains such as

Lex Luthor

Brainiac

Mongul

Cyborg Superman

General Zod

Lord Vyndktvx

Parasite

but yeah beyond these guys it's hard to come up with an interesting villain,sure Mandrakk,Solaris,Doomsday and Imperiex were big threats but there's not much dynamic there.Bizarro is just dumb,Preus and H'el are redundant(thanks to Zod and Eradicator),Mxy I think is better off replaced by Vyndktvx.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Nah I didn't,I just do not see him as a Superman villain.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Nah I didn't,I just do not see him as a Superman villain.

You mean like you don't see Thanos as a Silver Surfer villain?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

It's mostly because his rogues gallery is largely underused and underappreciated.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Press Oblivion

I actually see Darkseid as the pinnacle Superman Villain .

Threat LevelSupermanWonder WomanBatman

God /Paranormal Threat

Can my world, civilization, city survive a visit from this threat?

Darkseid Ares Ra's al Ghul

Physical Threat

Can the hero survive a fight with this threat?

Doomsday Genocide Bane

Archenemy

Has this threat launched the ultimate salvo to end the hero?

Lex Luthor Circe Joker

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

It's mostly because his rogues gallery is largely underused and underappreciated.

Sadly, it's most underappreciated by the writers. Darkseid, who really is DC's big bad, not just Superman's, was used to job so often that he basically just became a nuisance to Clark. The worst part of that is, it was just the same few writers.

The fact that Doomsday is Superman's fiercest foe (in canon) and basically the only one who has never jobbed completely really says something about how the rest of his rogues are treated.

Johns shanghaied Mongul and Cyborg Superman because there was some yellow on their costumes and that's the extent of Johns' creativity. They'd rather reboot Brainiac, Zod, and Random Kryptonian #133 (like H'el) for the sixtieth time than make threats of the Toyman, Prankster, etc... Just lazy writing.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jesusdisciple001

The answer: Danny Phantom; he had interesting villains who have nothing to do with his family except Vlad who was used sparingly and made a stereotype likeable, also give Clark more emo threats like in Smallville, going to some jacked up version of wonderland created by someone who knows his identity and de-power supes to carrying the earth for like 2 days or so and let parasite steal 3 days worth of carrying the earth while still being able to absorb people's powers and create someone who challenges his justice side by suing superman for taking law into his hands and win only to be a telepath working for hive queen wanting revenge after he defeats in this upcoming arc, also make superman villains more occurring and let him have stronger ties to his supporting cast and family like where is Krypto just like in Danny phantom,spectacular spiderman and even 'Superman:TAS'..............someone know how I can get a job at DC because I got like 2 yrs worth of supes stories in my head that should please everyone. :)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually see Darkseid as the pinnacle Superman Villain .

Threat LevelSupermanWonder WomanBatman

God /Paranormal Threat

Can my world, civilization, city survive a visit from this threat?

DarkseidAresRa's al Ghul

Physical Threat

Can the hero survive a fight with this threat?

DoomsdayGenocideBane

Archenemy

Has this threat launched the ultimate salvo to end the hero?

Lex LuthorCirceJoker

Agreed, for the most part. Though I'd replace Bane with Croc since, at least in his first appearance, Bane was more than just dumb muscle.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ngroove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Replace dopey "Jack Nimball" with ol' Benjamin Franklin-lookalike "Winslow Schott", and Amalak with Metallo (whom Bronze Age version would not appear until a year after this image anyways), and call it a "rogues gallery".

SapphDragon95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 190

Lex Luthor is his best villain.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

5 th best after batman Spiderman x men flash

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with Bizarro is that too many writers do write him as comic relief (I'm looking at you, Jeph Loeb). But in some stories he has been written as a tragic figure who was trying to do good, but kept messing it up. In those stories, he had no backwards speech, which is a royal pain to read. He also had normal powers (no Ice Vision, no Heat Breath). He was just a messed up clone of Superman who had broken speech but was trying hard to be a hero, but never did it right until just before he died in two separate stories. THAT is how Bizarro should be written. Tragic. A monster who tries being a hero but can't quite get it right.

I loved Red Hood & the Outlaws depiction of Bizarro. His depiction wasn't perfect, but the comic didn't rely on only using him as comic relief either.

And to answer the OP's question, yes, Superman has one of the BEST rogues gallery. Anyone who says otherwise is completely ignorant of the character and doesn't bother reading any of his comics. He also has plenty of heavy hitters that can give him a hard time, any one of which can be used for a movie. Which is WAY past time to see some of them make their debut instead of Lex Luthor and Zod all the time.