Edited 10 months, 10 days ago

Poll: Who was a better cast as Superman? (47 votes)

Henry Cavil 81%
Brandon Routh 19%

not who was in the better film but who do you think was a better cast as superman. i actually feel sorry for Brandon because i thought he was perfect for the role just the victim of a porr film. but i really enjoy Henry's rendition as well.....im leaning more Brandon

#1 Edited by Wolverine08 (42371 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry. No contest.

#2 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

Brandon was a good substitute for Chris Reeve which is what they were going for. For the new iteration however I can't see anyone better than Henry Cavill.

#3 Posted by JetiiMitra (8631 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry was really good at looking like Superman.

I'm kidding, I love MoS.

#4 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9728 posts) - - Show Bio

Brandon was better cast

Henry was cast in the 'better' film. I have it quoted because Superman Returns could have been a great film if they had been brave enough to break away from the Reeve nostalgia machine....and included an actual fight......and less stalker Superman....and no super-kid.....it just could've been a lot better. But, even as it is now, I still like it.

Brandon also played the better Superman. His script allowed him to do more 'heroic' things and act as an already established Superman, moral code and all. Henry, however, played a great role as a Pre-Superman Superman. I have no doubt he will shine in the role in the next film.

I do, however, feel sorry for Brandon Routh. It's not his fault.

#5 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Cavil. Was the thread title written by Mario?

#7 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17555 posts) - - Show Bio

They both portrayed the version of the character that was written very well. Routh being a Silver Age supes and Cavill being modern.

MoS imo was a vastly superior movie however, so I vote Henry.

#8 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

Routh only looked the part IMO.

Cavil created a new representation of Superman.

#9 Edited by Dabee (2393 posts) - - Show Bio

What's going on? Am I the only one who's not on a first name basis with these guys?

I suddenly feel very left out.

#10 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Henry, by LIGHT YEARS.

#11 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

henry Cavill.

#12 Posted by RustyRoy (12764 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, I prefer Routh.

#13 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio

Brandon was better cast

Henry was cast in the 'better' film. I have it quoted because Superman Returns could have been a great film if they had been brave enough to break away from the Reeve nostalgia machine....and included an actual fight......and less stalker Superman....and no super-kid.....it just could've been a lot better. But, even as it is now, I still like it.

Brandon also played the better Superman. His script allowed him to do more 'heroic' things and act as an already established Superman, moral code and all. Henry, however, played a great role as a Pre-Superman Superman. I have no doubt he will shine in the role in the next film.

this

#14 Posted by RustyRoy (12764 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Brandon was better cast

this

Completely agree.

#15 Posted by Beerminator1 (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Brandon Routh is by far the worst Superman ever, and one of the worst castings ever in a comic book movie... Henry Cavill really is the perfect Superman, almost as good as Christopher Reeve back in the day.

#16 Posted by Justthatkid (3931 posts) - - Show Bio

@beerminator1: He did fine in my opinion I personally wasn't big on the movie and it seemed like they tried to make Superman/Clark more distant, I do prefer Cavil I don't see this as a fair contest.

#17 Posted by THORSON (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

superman returns should be ashamed to have ever become a movie.

#18 Posted by SOG7dc (7214 posts) - - Show Bio

I may be the only one who like routh as superman.

#19 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry. Routh wasn't bad but he wasn't good either.

#20 Posted by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#21 Posted by RustyRoy (12764 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I may be the only one who like routh as superman.

No you're not.

#22 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Brandon Routh played the better "Superman" because Cavill didn't portray Superman. Man of Steel wasn't about Clark/Kal being Superman, it was about him becoming Superman.

Nonetheless, Cavill did a better job with the character in general and fit the physicality better than any other actor IMO.

#23 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio

Brandon Routh is by far the worst Superman ever, and one of the worst castings ever in a comic book movie... Henry Cavill really is the perfect Superman, almost as good as Christopher Reeve back in the day.

hell no! fricken Dean Cain, Dean fricken Cain! He's the worsed no contest!

#24 Posted by RustyRoy (12764 posts) - - Show Bio

Brandon Routh played the better "Superman" because Cavill didn't portray Superman. Man of Steel wasn't about Clark/Kal being Superman, it was about him becoming Superman.

Nonetheless, Cavill did a better job with the character in general and fit the physicality better than any other actor IMO.

Come on, Reeves is the best Superman ever.

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@deranged_midget said:

Come on, Reeves is the best Superman ever.

In terms of representing the Silver Age Superman, there is no doubt. Other than stating a comparison between Routh and Cavill, I merely mentioned that the latter best represented Kal physically.

#26 Posted by HumanRocket (8174 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry.

#27 Edited by RustyRoy (12764 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of representing the Silver Age Superman, there is no doubt. Other than stating a comparison between Routh and Cavill, I merely mentioned that the latter best represented Kal physically.

I think he represented Superman the best, haven't read Silver Age Superman so wouldn't know, and physically Reeve represented the best IMO.

#28 Posted by McDerpyson (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Brandon was better cast

Yupers

#29 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10853 posts) - - Show Bio

Routh wasnt playing Superman, he was palying Christopher Reeve.

But this was because they wanted that, at the end of the day he did a good job, but not remotly as good as he could be.

Cavil was playing Superman in his own way, i have to go with him because of this.

#30 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both. MOS was the better movie but Routh was the better Superman imo

#31 Posted by Jayc1324 (12298 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry just didn't have the superman look. He acted very well and everything and played the part well but lacked the look. Brandon on the other hand acted well also and actually looked like superman and was a good fill in for Christopher Reeve. Brandon has my vote.