I'll have to learn more about Imperiex

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By tensor

@powerwoman: mxy is just too powerful no one even come close to him on power level

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tensor: Of course,I know,even PC superman no change,but PC superman once use enough speed make him dizziness

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My new answer: DC and it's writers.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By PowerWoman
AmazingGamer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have to say Lex Luthor. As long as he stays out of his battle suit that is. Unlike Doomsday or Darkseid, Superman can't just fly into Lex's office and punch him into nothing (well without severe implications on his part). He has to out-think him, or use Luthor's weaknesses (like his ego) to beat him.

AmazingGamer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although maybe Superboy Prime. I mean he's immune to magic, and that's what Mxyzptlk's powers are (5th dimension magic) so he can't hurt him, and it took the combined powers of Kal-El and Kal-L to beat him (only temporarily though).

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Superguy1591

@deaditegonzo: We have a winner, folks. lol! Specifically Scott Lobdell, my god, he's so terrible.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enough of the Lex Luthor nonsense, even Lex has admitted that if Superman wanted to end their little dance it would be effortless. Lex Luthor fears Superman, Superman just hates Lex. Lex is NOT Superman's powerful foe. He's just the one that gets under Superman's skin the most and causes Superman to question his ideals...like Batman and Joker.

Bane, maybe Clayface would rank as Batman's most powerful foe, but Joker would be Bruce's ultimate rival because Joker is the one person he can't understand or predict.

As for Superman, it's already been mentioned, but it's obviously Myx. Myx could snap a finger and wipe the entire 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th dimensions off the face of existence. In Morrison's Action Comics, it was hinted that the entire universe was in his purple hate and he engages Superman to entertain his king.

Myx is his most powerful foe.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: We have a winner, folks. lol! Specifically Scott Lobdell, my god, he's so terrible.

I was thinking pretty much everyone except for Lobdell honestly...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By PowerWoman

@deaditegonzo: though superman most powerful foe should be Pre-crisis charater(of course..they are feats isnt as powerful as PC superman,just street charater)

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Nope, Lobdell's answer to everything is to show off just how powerful I can write him to be.

The first issue he touched, he had Superman bench pressing the weight of the world for 5 days, without sunlight, and Supes only broke A--just one--sweat. Then, his next objective in the last book (19) was to have Superman reenact the Superman Returns climax scene like people liked Superman Returns.

He annoys me, it's almost patronizing the way he writes Superman. It's like he thinks we only like Supes because we're meat heads who only want to see Superman show off that "he lifts, bro." I don't need, or want, Superman to be the most powerful being in existence. The allure of the character has always been his will, and when you do stuff like have him lift the 5 planets at once, the character is less to do with will and more to do with power. Makes him a hard character to root for.

And don't get me started on his need to explain EVERYTHING in a thought bubble or have Superman talk to himself like an idiot. It's like the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, I don't need you to reflect on your thoughts Superman/Spider-Man! Stop talking to yourself, it's weird.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

Mxy for the win

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Bad write,that why they are have to creater a lot of street charaters to fight with superman,even can beat superman,but actually they are just has a little weak feats

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: I think its the exact opposite, I think he simply the first writer in YEARS that isnt afraid of Superman's absurd power, who doesnt see it as a detriment to the character. The last writer to do that was Grant Morrison, with stories like Final Crisis and All Star Superman, both of which are hailed. If I was teaching a kid to write a story about Superman, the simplest and most basic aspect would be that Superman is the most powerful hero in existence. Its not the most important thing to establish, but if a writer is just weakening a character to appeal to the "Superman is OP crowd", they are wasting their time and doing so at the expense of already existing fans. DC will never win over the Superman bashers, why put them ahead of the people who love Superman with his established status?

Few would know this based on how ashamed DC seems, but Returns was both a financial and critical success. Right now it has a 76% and a Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

I like many aspects of Superman, and his power is one of those aspects I enjoy. Ive said it before, I dont care as much for the Street Level types, they are neither mythical nor fantastic in the scale that something like Heracles holding up the heavens is. Thats the kind of story I want to read more than any other, a massive scale, modern mythology. Benevolent gods vs evil gods. Superman has traditionally been the king of these tales, and Lobdell seems to be bringing it back after several years of just dull bleh.

And I talk to myself outloud all the time. My job actually involves working in client's homes, and I cant tell you how many times I get a "What are you talking about?" Its a charming, socially awkward trait that I personally relate to.

Lobdell and Rocafort are my favourite team in comics right now. The bright, heroic colours match the quirky, heroic tone of Lobdell's stories.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By consolemaster001
PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By PowerWoman
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Superguy1591

@deaditegonzo: Well then, I can see why you would enjoy Lobdell's run. He wrote the books just for you, but I'm person who believes that Superman should always have a limit and more characters should be powerful than him.

I want him to struggle, bleed, doubt, fear and then overcome those obstacles. He can't do that if he's juggling planets.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Superman:Our World's At War" is the story he first appeared in (and the last one). He's epic.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My new answer: DC and it's writers.

Agreed. Also, all of the Super-Man haters in all their shades, such as the EXTREME Batfans, EXTREME Marvel fans, and etc, etc, etc.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By Press Oblivion

@press_oblivion said:

"Superman:Our World's At War" is the story he first appeared in (and the last one). He's epic.

Yeah, I have the trade of that lying around here somewhere. Never read it.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees said:

@press_oblivion said:

Yeah, I have the trade of that lying around here somewhere. Never read it.

You should. Though deadbeats like Linkara don't like it because it was one of those crossovers where LOTS of people died (ESPECIALLY the one who tend to die the most, the Titans) and senselessly too (a legitimate complaint with this and OTHER large event crossovers), if you look at it from JUST a Superman perspective, it's actually one of his better ones, Imperiex being one of them.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Superman's greatest enemy is Jor-EL and his spanking hand of doom!

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By HeWhoSees

No Caption Provided

Superman's greatest enemy is Jor-EL and his spanking hand of doom!

Ha!

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should. Though deadbeats like Linkara don't like it because it was one of those crossovers where LOTS of people died (ESPECIALLY the one who tend to die the most, the Titans) and senselessly too (a legitimate complaint with this and OTHER large event crossovers), if you look at it from JUST a Superman perspective, it's actually one of his better ones, Imperiex being one of them.

Thanks for the heads up :) I'll try to make some time for it. I bought the trade for the Mahnke and McGuinnes art. great stuff to look at.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cythonna has casually hit Superman and had him whimpering in fear to Lois (Ok he was not whimpering but he was saying he was afraid of her)

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Well then, I can see why you would enjoy Lobdell's run. He wrote the books just for you, but I'm person who believes that Superman should always have a limit and more characters should be powerful than him.

I want him to struggle, bleed, doubt, fear and then overcome those obstacles. He can't do that if he's juggling planets.

I think, as Goyer has said, that his vulnerability really should be in his emotions. And I think thats what Lobdell shows us, when he is insecure in his social life (worrying about Lois like any poor guy gets over that one particular girl) and in his heroic one (I can bench a planet, but can I really beat H'El? He even turns to his arch nemesis for that answer.) Its a very subtle thing, but to me it is the best possible foundation you can establish. It asks the question: What if you were a god? Would your life suddenly be perfect, would all problems melt away? No, the answer is of course no. He still meets guys on a daily basis who can backhand him and give him a concussion (Helspont) and he still cant necessarily get his personal life in order. Im good with this for now, and hope it only develops more in the future.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when is Darkseid a Superman villain?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By w0nd
No Caption Provided

this guy for this reason

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#81  Edited By Rich711

Scott Lobdell, he destroys Superman every time the two meet.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deaditegonzo

@theocitylegend said:

Since when is Darkseid a Superman villain?

Since Jack Kirby died I reckon. Supes is the one who destroys him when he is a threat to the whole multiverse, Final Crisis. Supes attacks him in Cosmic Odyssey. Supes faces him in Apocalypse Now!, Supes fights him in the Lost Supergirl from Krypton. It is shown who Supes would be if he had landed on Apokolips in Superman: the Dark Side, and then he faces him. Who was Darkseid most interested in, in the new 52 Justice League? Shoot, Superman even appears in the Death of the New Gods. It doesnt hurt that all the best Superman: the Animated series episodes feature Darkseid, and Supes takes him down in Justice League animated series.

Darkseid isnt an Orion villain because Orion is a side character, sad as that is.

Avatar image for supermankillsbatman
Supermankillsbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darksied/Doomsday/Black Adam

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Doomsday and Zod (I refuse to count Darkseid as a Superman villain).

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Doomsday.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Mr.Mxy's power is limitless the only reason Superman exists is because Mxy is entertained by his presence.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Myxlplyx is limitless. If he wants to defeat Superman, he can. He can do whatever he wants to Superman, the keyword is wants. Though looking for something more traditional, Superboy Prime is easily the most powerful. SBP is based off of Pre-Crisis Superboy, making him one of the strongest beings in the entire universe.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#88  Edited By Deranged Midget

Mxy. The ONLY reason Superman has ever defeated him is because he allows him to.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By W3BST3R

@sinestro_gl: If intellect isn't something you're genetically predispotioned to, explain Albert Einstein and others like him.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TifaLockhart

Raw power goes to Mxy. But he's merely playing around.

Deadliness goes to Doomsday. He lives to kill.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxy

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesse Einsenberg

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

shonen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

shonen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By shonen3
SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandrakk is hands down superman's most powerful foe

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The question is who is the most powerful. Doomsday is the most powerful followed by darkseid, closely. The most dangerous could go to those two or lex, but lex is definitely not the most powerful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Mr.Mxyzptlk. He can make Superman fat by snapping his fingers!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Depends on how you define 'Supermans most powerful foe'. The list of people that's primarily his to fight? Or people he's fought in general?

His alone, because Mxy is really only interested in Superman:

No Caption Provided

Most powerful in general, Mandrakk, the thing the Monitors of Nil fear:

No Caption Provided