Who can beat Superman?

• 77 results
magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I keep reading battles between other people and superman and everyone keeps saying that superman will win. Everyone always say's Supes will rip his head off or He will just throw him into the sun. Ya superman is really fast and really strong but he can;t beat everyone. I know that most people agree that he can't beat god level people but everyone thinks that Superman is the mightiest hero ever and they worship him as a god. I think that there are several people that could give Superman a hard time (Hulk, Green lantern, Thor Ect.). I think that people need to learn that Superman is not indistuctable and not immortal.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ArchiZoom

Wonder Woman, she can and has done it twice before and before you let loose the usual "he's stronger than her" folderol, if strength was the decisive factor in a fight then Batman would've never beaten Bane. Captain Atom, J'onn with his telepathic abilities despite Superman's heat vision, Zatanna, John Constantine, Jean grey, Xavier, Emma Frost, anyone with a good slab of Kryptonite...

Avatar image for l3g3ndarypheonix
L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By L3g3ndaryPheonix

it's a very long list

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman
ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ArchiZoom
Avatar image for whowatchesthewatchmen
Whowatchesthewatchmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: I agree, she doesn't always but if necessary she propably could, although the same could be said vice versa.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why i hate ww fans...

Because YOU

@allstarsuperman said:

@archizoom: WW vs Supes goes either way.....

I know, the question is who can beat Superman.

Hell,wonder woman CANT beat superman..i dont know why you said this

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: She's done it before while holding back a little bit when he was being mind controlled by Max Lord so obviously she can do it.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deaditegonzo

Martian Manhunter, Silver Surfer, probably current Sentry, Dr. Fate probably, Captain Atom when written well, and a bunch of others. A lot of villains have had their way with him, H'el, Helspont, Darkseid, Doomsday, Mxy, etc.

The reason you keep seeing Superman get easy wins is that you are looking at the wrong characters. Thor for example, even if he was Superman's equal in EVERY OTHER WAY (stamina, durability, strength, etc) and we even spotted him the advantage in striking, Superman's speed advantage is such that he would win every time. If you were fighting someone you were perfectly equal with, and they hit you a million times before you could get a punch in, youd be koed regardless of how equal you are. And I would say them being equal is highly debatable anyway.

Hulk. Lets just say Hulk is stronger than Supes, though the claim is highly suspect. So what? He cant fly, has no ranged abilities, and is not a speedster by any means. What could he do against a Superman who was fighting INTELLIGENTLY? Nothing, not a damn thing. If Supes was bloodlusted, its even more onesided. He can easily lobotomize someone of Hulks durability from a 1000 miles in space.

Green Lantern. Are you kidding? Thought based weapon. Give GL all the advantages if you want, but a Superman who is going all out autowins against an opponent who never even gets the chance to think. GL, especially New 52 GL, is a human being. His mind is still human. He is vulnerable to human weaknesses.

@marvel123 Question not directed at me, but I say at least in current iterations, it shouldnt even be close. Pre52, and there is a lot of content to weigh, with each party needing to agree what makes for a consistent showing.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: There people said wonder woman beat superman..

@powerwoman: She's done it before while holding back a little bit when he was being mind controlled by Max Lord so obviously she can do it.

Which is PIS

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: cool cool, i just wanted to know someone else's take on aquaman.

one of these days i'll look at the silver surfer's feats, i've only seen him in the fantastic 4 movie and heard all the hype.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom said:

Which is PIS

Wonder Woman from a portrayal standpoint has issues. I do believe she is supposed to be one of the few leaguers who can stand toe to toe with Superman (not necessarily win), but she is consistently portrayed as being in a lower tier than Supes. I hope DC fixes this and makes her a solid #2 (along with some other #2's), where she can fight him to a stalemate a good majority of the time (excluding bloodlust and the like). BUT, this HAS TO START IN HER OWN COMIC. You cant just, out of the blue, make a story where she kicks Superman's a**, its ineffective and bound to be called PIS. Now that Azz is gone, maybe her own title will fall more into the DC mainstream, and she will get some feats that add credibility.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash, Captain Atom, MM etc. I think Shazam has 50/50 chances of taking him down.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArchiZoom

@powerwoman: why are her MOST powerful feats PIS and her least powerful feats correct? I'm just wondering who gave you the authority to be the judge of that.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

@archizoom said:

Which is PIS

Wonder Woman from a portrayal standpoint has issues. I do believe she is supposed to be one of the few leaguers who can stand toe to toe with Superman (not necessarily win), but she is consistently portrayed as being in a lower tier than Supes. I hope DC fixes this and makes her a solid #2 (along with some other #2's), where she can fight him to a stalemate a good majority of the time (excluding bloodlust and the like). BUT, this HAS TO START IN HER OWN COMIC. You cant just, out of the blue, make a story where she kicks Superman's a**, its ineffective and bound to be called PIS. Now that Azz is gone, maybe her own title will fall more into the DC mainstream, and she will get some feats that add credibility.

I agree that all,it;s just wonder woman always keep up low level

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deaditegonzo

@powerwoman: Azz was doing a bad job. A lot of people disagree, a lot of people will hate, but his story was a generic mythology tale that had nothing to do with DC. And Wonder Woman, in the ~17 issues I read didnt do anything of note. With a real comic book writer, she may do comic book things.

@archizoom said:

@powerwoman: why are her MOST powerful feats PIS and her least powerful feats the correct ones? I'm just wondering who gave you the authority to be the judge of that.

Her beating Max Lord, Bloodlusted Superman is PIS, because there is nothing else in her continuity that would support that. In fact, the fight itself doesnt even really support that. Her throat cut came out of nowhere and felt out of place with the rest of the fight. And even that didnt severely wound him, it just snapped him out of it.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PowerWoman

@deaditegonzo: 100% agree that,wonder woman serious lack of feats but her fans still belive wonder woman part on the superman level even without 0 feat

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wondy beating Supes thing is so contrived, its actually even a trope: The Worf Effect.

Have a character who needs instant bad a** credibility punch out someone everyone knows is strong. Its weak storytelling, especially in a comic, where you can have 100 issues to show someone's power. Villains have to do this a lot more often, because the story isnt focused on them, and they always have to lose eventually.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: She's meant to be the 2 most powerful hero in the DCU and the most powerful female. This is what DC has told and promised us, not some figment of my imagination. They announced her relationship with Superman as "the relationship between the most powerful beings on earth". So that tells me Wonder Woman is in Superman's weight category, immediately below him in the pyramid of might and the only reason she's not written like so is because this is a male-led industry. She's got oneness with fire and owns magic weapons, besides being an exceptional fighter which he's decisively not. He's more powerful than Wonder Woman, we agree on that, but I fancy her chances in a 1o1 fight between them because she's not a good match up for him. I see this in terms of a superbly skilled woman vs a very strong male brawler - she wins.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: you and Powerwoman see the glass half empty when we see it half full. You assume she's weak and her powerful feats are PIS whereas we believe she's powerful and her embarrassing feats are MIS (machismo induced stupidity)

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: She's meant to be the 2 most powerful hero in the DCU and the most powerful female. This is what DC has told and promised us, not some figment of my imagination. They announced her relationship with Superman as "the relationship between the most powerful beings on earth". So that tells me Wonder Woman is in Superman's weight category, immediately below him in the pyramid of might and the only reason she's not written like so is because this is a male-led industry. She's got oneness with fire and owns magic weapons, besides being an exceptional fighter which he's decisively not. He's more powerful than Wonder Woman, we agree on that, but I fancy her chances in a 1o1 fight between them because she's not a good match up for him. I see this in terms of a superbly skilled woman vs a very strong male brawler - she wins.

All the point cant work

1,Wonder woman is much lower than superman not because this is MAN world...she just no feat as all,but not all female 0 feat,like supergirl,you really need read some comic book...

2,DC also said superman is most powerful hero on dc,still superman>>>>wonder woman,she cant wins

3,Based on the entire history,wonder woman nothing to do with superman,not just new 52,pre-crisis,post-crisis,superman alwatys>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wonder woman

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ArchiZoom

@powerwoman said:

1,Wonder woman is much lower than superman not because this is MAN world...she just no feat as all,but not all female 0 feat,like supergirl,you really need read some comic book...

2,DC also said superman is most powerful hero on dc,still superman>>>>wonder woman,she cant wins

3,Based on the entire history,wonder woman nothing to do with superman,not just new 52,pre-crisis,post-crisis,superman alwatys>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wonder woman

You're out of control. Superman doesn't exist, he hasn't actually achieved anything. The MEN who write Superman make him achieve those things because that's what they desire, while the MEN who write Wonder Woman don't give her anything.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was funny,what make wonder woman is most powerful woman on DC?beat superman?are you joke?

Wonder woman fight superman is PIS because she never have feats to support that,it's simple

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PowerWoman

@powerwoman said:

You're out of control. Superman doesn't exist, he hasn't actually achieved anything. The MEN who write Superman make him achieve those things because that it what they desire, while the MEN who write Wonder Woman don't give her anything.

And why even supergirl have pretty impressive feats in history wonder woman was nothing?

That not MEN write dont give her anything,just because wonder woman isnt that STRONG(like push planets or something),write would be never let spider man or batman to push planets like superman did it,because it's just laughable

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ArchiZoom

And why even supergirl have pretty impressive feats in history wonder woman was nothing?

That not MEN write dont give her anything,just because wonder woman isnt that STRONG(like push planets or something),write would be never let spider man or batman to push planets like superman did it,because it's just laughable

Because Supergirl is a Superman sub-product yet as you can see, she's not quite as strong as him

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

Because Supergirl is a Superman sub-product yet as you can see, she's not quite as strong as him

Well,she was much better than wonder woman,supergirl have a lot of pretty impressive feats,which that wonder woman only dream level

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently, in the New 52, Supergirl is probably more powerful, but Wondy beat her in a believable fight. This is a method I like a lot for these two.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: That was a shame for supergirl,but dont forgot wonder woman beat two Kryptonians,it's could be mean,PIS

Avatar image for whowatchesthewatchmen
Whowatchesthewatchmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel123: Maybe, if it's a long term no, if it's just aquaman trying to get superman temporarily out of the ay, probably

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

WW, M Manhunter, Miss M Supergirl, Powergirl, Doomsday. Maxima, Zod, Faora, Lobo? Starfire? Mongul? Darkseid easy! H'ell, Mxy. And many more superman enemies if they play their cards right.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@deaditegonzo: I think Kara is even stronger then Kal, not only cause she could easily go 100% in a fight, but also cause she seems to have 1 more power then Kal, if I remember correctly she can make a burst of sun energy around her as if she exploded like a bomb.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Why so many people want to see Superman beaten? 0_o
And why does it matter so much how powerful a character is to like him,I am not talking about the OP just in general, I just had a conversation with a friend of mine and he hated the Flash, once I told him he was powerful suddently he is his favorite character.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer

Thor

Martian Manhunter

Flash

Captain Atom

Majestic

Just to name a few.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I think Kara is even stronger then Kal, not only cause she could easily go 100% in a fight, but also cause she seems to have 1 more power then Kal, if I remember correctly she can make a burst of sun energy around her as if she exploded like a bomb.

She does have that additional ability, but Lex implies that Superman should basically be capable of all of H'Els abilities, and the fact he isnt seems to stem from the fact that Supes holds himself back.

Also, everytime Supergil uses that ability she seems drained, so I doubt its all that practical in a fight between the two.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read superman-batman annual

Supergirl said,i'm as strong as you

Superman not said yes or no,he said,not quite,but i dont going here

@2cool4fun said:

She does have that additional ability, but Lex implies that Superman should basically be capable of all of H'Els abilities, and the fact he isnt seems to stem from the fact that Supes holds himself back.

Also, everytime Supergil uses that ability she seems drained, so I doubt its all that practical in a fight between the two.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like supergirl,but i think new 52 superman just in the another powerlevels

Supergirl,wonder woman,MM,zod,etc,they are in the same level,like could be lift a building

But superman,since new 52 superman get stronger and stronger than before,until he can push planets

You would be never see or hard see supergirl powergirl push planets

You know why

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the New 52? Ultraman, Captain Atom, Darkseid, Doomsday, Parallax Sinestero, maybe Hal Jordan, MM, Flash, H'el, Hellspont, Superdoom, Vyndktvx, Nekron, Volthoom, other embodiments of emotion, Brainiac, Cyborg Superman There's more but i'm too tired.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Diarrhea. It has no peer.

And Thor.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cantdance93: Ultraman?i think he as powerful as superman but more evil

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Under red sun radiation pretty much anyone with decent fighting skill can beat Superman.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Short answer; a lot of guys.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

GILLBERG WILL BEAT SUPERMAN.

No Caption Provided

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By Bezza

here we go again, the OP asks "Who can beat Superman " and powerwoman hijacks the thread to low ball Wonder Woman, again.

..When wonder woman does well against any kryptonian or Superman, its PIS. Forgetting that the strongest characters don't always win every battle. If you don't believe me, check out the mixed martial arts career of Marius Pujanowski, the former worlds strongest man. He has been beaten by more skilful fighters than him who are probably only 1/3rd of his strength....

...Superman can lose to a whole number of people, but I know what the OP means. It sometimes seems on the Battle Forums like a large segment of his fanbase feel he can beat anyone...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Most superman fans would be tell you superman can beat anyone,not only me

Also,ArchiZoom said wonder woman can BEAT superman,i dont agree with him,not low ball wonder woman again,he said that first

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@powerwoman: @archizoom: You know according to this logic, most of Lobdell's feats are PIS since they're not supported by his other titles.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: I dont think so,I hope superman have more feats not just Lobdell