Whats so cool about Doomsday?

• 58 results
Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I keep hearing people request that Doomsday appear in one of the MOS sequels. But, I honestly cant stand the character. What makes people like him so much? Is it because he killed supes? Do people really want to see that happen on the silver screen? I kinda prefer more story than action. Like the thread title says. What is so cool about Doomsday?

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

He killed Superman. Killed.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

He's kind of like a Hurricane its cool to watch from a distance but you don't want it to stay around too long.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaizd: I know that. But that doesn't make him an interesting villain.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He's an unstoppable, mindless, juggernaut that causes Armageddon wherever he goes.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By SoA

i like monsters and doomsday is definitely monstrous . he is savage and cruel . and has his own tragic story . plus ...he kinda you know... beat down the most powerful hero known to comics...

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday is like an evil version of the Hulk minus puny Banner.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people complained that the fight with Zod was too long, and that was only like 15 minutes. Zod could actually plot and have some sort of agenda to base the story around.

What's doomsday's agenda? To smash? not to mention he encountered people before superman so that gave him time to be elsewhere fighting other people, but I doubt on the big screen he will run into booster gold and other heroes.

...I like watching them fight as much as the next guy but that movie will just be "superman doing random things irrelevant to the plot until he meets doomsday"

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fixed =P

@joshmightbe said:

He's kind of like a Hurricane tornado its cool to watch from a distance but you don't want it to stay around too long.

That and they both killed a member of the Kent family!

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@vaizd said:

More like forced him to take a nap and get a mullet.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

He's kind of like a Hurricane its cool to watch from a distance but you don't want it to stay around too long.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Nothing.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Never got the appeal either.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a mindless killing machine that is as strong as Superman without any motivation except destruction. He's more of a plot device than a character, but I still like him. Though he has been way overused. He's a villian that should only be used once a decade or longer lest he lose his impact as a world destroyer.

You can't build a movie around him as a villian. The best way to do him would be to have him be a living weapon gone out of control built by Luthor or some other super-genius villian.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destroy galaxies

I'm say a joke

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@the_tree said:

Nothing.

Yep.

Only general fans or those with limited knowledge on Superman like him.I admit he has a cool look and interesting back story but everything else sucks.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkknightdetective: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That mullet...can't take it out of my head...if you know what I mean...

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler said:

@the_tree said:

Nothing.

Yep.

Only general fans or those with limited knowledge on Superman like him.I admit he has a cool look and interesting back story but everything else sucks.

I find him to be nothing more than a brute. Making for a simple and shallow character that I find boring.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I wouldn't want him in a Man of Steel sequel, unless he's being controlled by an intelligent and interesting villain, like Brainiac (who they should save for Man of Steel 3, by the way).

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: This. I despise Doomsday and all characters like him. There is nothing fun or interesting about a "character" that simply destroys everything wantonly.

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think it would be a mistake to use him this early, they need to focus on building the Superman character first. Lex Luthor has to be utilized in the next film. They rushed throwing Venom in to Spider-Man, if you ask me it killed the franchise even though he is one of the most popular characters. What is good in the comics doesn't always transfer to the screen. Lex Luthor is a proven commodity and needs to be used to build the character of Superman.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: And that's not even mentioning the idiotic nature of several of the stories he's featured in.

"LOLZ DOOMSDAY CAN BEAT DARKSEID BECAUSE HE'S DOOMSDAY"

What happened, Dan Jurgens? You used to be cool...

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

people complained that the fight with Zod was too long, and that was only like 15 minutes. Zod could actually plot and have some sort of agenda to base the story around.

What's doomsday's agenda? To smash? not to mention he encountered people before superman so that gave him time to be elsewhere fighting other people, but I doubt on the big screen he will run into booster gold and other heroes.

...I like watching them fight as much as the next guy but that movie will just be "superman doing random things irrelevant to the plot until he meets doomsday"

Actually, you just made me think of something. They want to do an MoS 2 before JLA. Why would you do that unless you wanted an already established movie to introduce the new heroes. Imagine this, Doomsday comes to town, and Wonder Woman hears about it from an Oracle or some such, and Batman sees it on the TV, and the Green Lanterns have long been watching for the return of the Ultimate and send Hal to respond, and so on and so forth. And in a way, these guys all teaming up to meet Doomsday head on could be the first time many of them fought crime in costume, and the JLA sort of makes itself (a la New 52), and then at the end, you see Superman give his all to stop the unstoppable. End it with Superman "dying". In the comics, we come to find out it was sort of a regenerative coma, good, lets use that. JLA picks up with Superman in a tube and out of commission, seemingly dead. Its the main reason the JLA was founded, in memoriam, and in Batman's words, because the hole the Death of Supes left is too great for any one hero to fill. Some cosmic threat (Darkseid YEAH!) comes, the JLA is doing ok, but slowly losing ground. Theyre missing something. Superman, his lifeless body being exposed to direct sunlight when the Watchtower is damaged, opens his eyes. They are glowing red. Launches to Earth, and ACT II really begins! I like it.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By w0nd

@deaditegonzo said:

@w0nd said:

Actually, you just made me think of something. They want to do an MoS 2 before JLA. Why would you do that unless you wanted an already established movie to introduce the new heroes. Imagine this, Doomsday comes to town, and Wonder Woman hears about it from an Oracle or some such, and Batman sees it on the TV, and the Green Lanterns have long been watching for the return of the Ultimate and send Hal to respond, and so on and so forth. And in a way, these guys all teaming up to meet Doomsday head on could be the first time many of them fought crime in costume, and the JLA sort of makes itself (a la New 52), and then at the end, you see Superman give his all to stop the unstoppable. End it with Superman "dying". In the comics, we come to find out it was sort of a regenerative coma, good, lets use that. JLA picks up with Superman in a tube and out of commission, seemingly dead. Its the main reason the JLA was founded, in memoriam, and in Batman's words, because the hole the Death of Supes left is too great for any one hero to fill. Some cosmic threat (Darkseid YEAH!) comes, the JLA is doing ok, but slowly losing ground. Theyre missing something. Superman, his lifeless body being exposed to direct sunlight when the Watchtower is damaged, opens his eyes. They are glowing red. Launches to Earth, and ACT II really begins! I like it.

If mos 2 is the introduction of all those characters meeting for the first time, wouldn't that just be called justice league? That's like calling the avengers Iron man 3

for example, the avengers met in avengers...yet in movies about their character they only have characters directly related to them...ironman has war machine, even though he is clearly friends with Bruce banner and could have called for back up, hulk was not in the movie, or Thor or any of those guys. same goes for Thor. In their stand alone films it always goes back to them being the only character.

If MOS 2 is being used to build up other characters that kind of defeats the purpose. That's just how i think Hollywood goes about it though, could be wrong.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

i like monsters and doomsday is definitely monstrous . he is savage and cruel . and has his own tragic story . plus ...he kinda you know... beat down the most powerful hero known to comics...

Dr. Solar. You argument is invalid.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

^This.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You want to keep Doomsday for something REALLY special, maybe JLA 3 or when Cavill is ready to hand in the dark grey-blue suit and maroon cape and they can safely kill off the character and leave him in the freezer for a few years.

A battle with Doomsday should be ten times what happens to Metropolis in MOS. It should start off like any other big battle, one major hero steps forward and WHAMMO, insta-kill. Brutal. Ice Cold. Gut Wrenching. Sickening. A certified "Oh my God I cannot believe they killed ... !!!!"

Nobody should walk away from a fight with Doomsday without being physically and/or mentally scarred. And then somebody will have to sacrifice themselves to stop Doomsday. Doomsday represents the mortality of a super-hero, no matter how powerful you are, no matter your willpower, your courage, some things are inevitable. Doomsday should have consequences, it should be painful, it should be about loss and sacrifice.

Having him in MOS 2 as a simple throwaway big bad would be such a waste of potential.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

absolutely nothing

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even in the animated film they couldn't think of anything to do with him so they just made him the opening that lasted like 10-15 mins and the rest was just a random plot that very loosely followed the comics

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of people want him for MOS sequels...I don't know why.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SheenLantern

@vaizd said:

No, he didn't.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's the Hulk but stronger without boring Banner and the borderline hypocrisy about him being a hero

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's massively boring

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaizd: He never kill superman

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

superman or supergirl can beat him

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He may not have "killed" Superman in the more technical sense but Superman's soul left his goddamn body when he was in a coma. He even met his "dead" father in the afterlife.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaizd said:

Do you know how hard you'd have to hit someone of a rational mind in order to make them sport a mullet. Also as mentioned above, he did hit Superman hard enough to make his soul leave his body for a bit so even if he didn't kill him that's still kind of impressive.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

Eh I guess. I only hope that the next "death" of Superman is at the hands of Lex Luthor.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ssejllenrad

@joshmightbe:

Eh I guess. I only hope that the next "death" of Superman is at the hands of Lex Luthor.

Luthor's Superman Returns "evil plot" killed the franchise at that time. So in a way, he killed Superman... :D Nyahahahahahaha!

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: You're lucky that my spoiler block doesn't work with pics. You know what? I'll send you the pic through a PM.

Avatar image for majesticsupermiraclehyperionth
MajesticSuperMiracleHyperionTheTitanGladiator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hate public forums and am no longer here.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaizd said:

no matter what excuses they give like him going into hibernation to heal or whatever....he did die...he was in the afterlife...they show that

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@danhimself:

Can you come up with an excuse for the mullet? Because I can't.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself:

That's not an excuse. Batman had an awesome costume during the 90s. But then again fashion wise it isn't fair to compare anyone to Batman considering that to this day he is one of the two characters that can rock the shoulder pads. Still not an excuse for this.

He looks like Danny McBride.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers