• 78 results
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By SaintWildcard

I'm not a fan of the show but a lot of people here have said how much they disliked the show. The only thing I didn't like was how many of the characters were different (and not for the better), other than that it was a good show IMO. But what were some of the things you guys didn't like?

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I just saw brief parts of the show throughout the years, I was thinking of going through the whole series from alpha to omega thou... how is it?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Everything.

Personally I couldn't stand the dialogue and character interactions, it was like it just came out of a soap opera. I have the same problem with Arrow too, their dialogues are too cheesy.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Everything.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SaintWildcard
Loading Video...

I've always remembered this part :D

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Melodrama, some cheesiness, questionable character directions/decisions. I liked the show, though.

Avatar image for l3g3ndarypheonix
L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

surprised no one has mentioned the pink elephant in the room

Lana and clark's relationship was the worst things ever it kept going on and on and on and on and on(8 seasons is far too much)

and they basically made up so much random shit it was unbeilvable

but don't get me wrong is still love smallville

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pizzaman

@l3g3ndarypheonix: Yeah that was the worst part. I couldn't stand Lana by the 3rd season. They should've tried different girls after the second season. The villain confrontations were always cheesy as well. Seeing Clark get literally thrown around in every episode gets annoying when a good punch would've solved everything. Still liked the show though. Especially Chloe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

It was corny, it was (in my opinion, from the three episodes I was forced to watch and the episode summaries I've read) boring, the dialogue often felt forced, and the acting was often less than stellar.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Had some low points in seasons 6 to 9. Didn't start picking up until season 10.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care how bad anyone says this show was. That was a series I would plan the rest of my activities after to watch, and I'm petty sure some of you did too. Especially since it was about superman I was always anxious about what would happen in their portrayal.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I like it, I am currently rewatching it. I will say 1 horrible thing was how they handled Slade.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Jphu8414

There were some flaws with it but overall I liked the show (some seasons are vastly superior to others)

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By buttersdaman000

Smallville is a TV show that I hate to love. I can criticize, dissect, and hate on the show for hours straight but i'm still gonna buy that special edition 10 season set and binge it whenever it comes out lol

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a good show. The teen angst part was bad and they put in way too many non Superman characters. They have the best Lois by far.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@saint_wildcard: How can anyone watch this show and not see how terrible it was. It fails across the board.

Sure I watched it, but I watched it for my love of Superman, not because I liked the show.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I watched Smallville just pretending it was an alternate universe Superman and that helped me love it. I think I was the only one to actually like Lana. You identify with Clark because he's the main character (much like Breaking Bad) but really he lies to her for the first, what, 6ish seasons and she knew it. You'd whine too.

surprised no one has mentioned the pink elephant in the room

Lana and clark's relationship was the worst things ever it kept going on and on and on and on and on(8 seasons is far too much)

and they basically made up so much random shit it was unbeilvable

but don't get me wrong is still love smallville

I would make the worst parts of Lana and Clark's relationship my screen saver if I could erase Lana and Lex's relationship from the show.

L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: i won't even mention how they turned lex luthor into this whiny pushover who spends most of his time hanging out with teenagers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

I loved the show, but around the time Lex left, it went downhill fast.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@pokeysteve: i won't even mention how they turned lex luthor into this whiny pushover who spends most of his time hanging out with teenagers

Lex was creepy sometimes but that was still the best representation of Lex we've gotten. He was ALWAYS plotting on someone.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't see it all, but it's still on every morning before I leave for work. I dunno, it's ok, but it's a superhero learning about himself, trying to fit into a teenage drama show. eh...

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was cheesier then a Mozzarella factory.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was 90% Highschool-romance drama instead of Superman. I find it enjoyable to watch though. I used to detest it.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The theme song for me hate it with a passion.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By buttersdaman000

Whiny stalker Clark Kent

I'm watching the earlier episodes on TNT, and man, Clark was on some low key savagery. He did whatever he could do to get at Lana even if it was some sneaky, stalker, savage mess. I think it took him one episode to hit on Lana after he promised Whitney he would only watch after her. Oh, and Whitney asked him this favor right before he shipped for the Marines....Also, Clark always seem to expect the worse in people. I mean, he's usually right, but he's Batman level paranoid lol

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are plenty of things gone wrong for me sometime since forth season (I know, I know, it was teenage drama-love story genre since Smallville’s very first episode, but back then it was only fitting for their age demo). The longer – the worse it was for me (though sometimes there was pretty good episodes, I’ll give that). Then again, it appears that Superman is really disuniting character for his fans, so I sure that people see some things under different light than me.

Avatar image for whatsupwithsmallville
whatsupwithsmallville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why couldn't Lana and Clark just stay together. They go through so much trouble and eventually nothing happens. She leaves then comes back. It would've been a happy ending.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smallville was actually pretty decent for the first five seasons. Season six was good in the first half but mediocre in the second half. Season seven was just...awful. Season eight had a good first half, and then a completely terrible second half. I haven't seen seasons nine or ten yet, but since I'm already so far into this show, I'll watch them eventually.

The show often suffered from bad writing and cheesy dialogue, and Lana Lang is one of the worst characters in all of TV. When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, it's pretty dang bad.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_stegman  Moderator

Smallville will always be one of my favorite shows, I would tune in religiously every week. Yeah, it was more soap opera than superhero show more often than not, but I liked it. Tom Welling was a great Clark, Rosenbaum to this day, is still the best live action interpretation of Lex Luthor, same goes to Erica Durance's Lois Lane.

The show did a good job at recreating the Superman villains for its own purposes (except Darkseid) and the effects were great. (Also, that theme song was awesome).

I feel like a lot of people go in expecting a direct adaptation of the comics, then get upset when they don't get it, I look at it like an Elseworlds tale. I don't expect it to be classic Supes.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid was terrible and it was a shame we never got a fight between him and Clark. Lana should have stayed gone but they kept bringing her back. Chloe got really annoying and dragged down the show and kept Clark from growing and becoming Superman.

On the other hand, Clark and his family were great, Michael Rosenbaum was amazing as Lex Luthor, I enjoyed Justin Hartley's Green Arrow, Tess Mercer was a interesting addition to the mythos and the little bit of the League we saw was great.

The comic book continuation is the best Superman we have right now IMO.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By redwingx

I loved it personally. It's to bad the later seasons decided to ditch the origin concept and bring in stuff that Clark should be dealing with as Superman.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#35 frozen  Moderator

Everything.

This. The last episode was good however, he became more powerful than comic-book Superman.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smallville came across some problems, specialy during season four.

Up util this point the character was slowly but surely evolving, and they had the chance to make Clark Kent/ Kal-El into a much better character than in the comics at the time. But they failed completly.

I'm gonna give a more detailed list of what they did wrong:

1- It took Clark ten seasons just to learn how to fly, when all other kryptonian characters could fly as soon has they got their powers, and that was simply ridiculous.

2- Kryptonite! It seemed that the whole planet Krypton fell on Earth. There was kryptonite everywhere, in their multiple versions. It got so absourd that they even created the "meteor freaks" people that were exposed to some extreme situation where kryptonite was around and got instant powers. That and the experiments made by Lexcorp on people by injecting them with kryptonite. At least in the comics kryptonite is also deadly to humans if they are either exposed for long periods of time or if they get it inside their bodies.

3- Clark/Kal fight to accept his destiny. He fought Jor-El consciousness at every turn, just to make things worst.

4- The fortress of solitude, if we can call a place where anyone could get in, a fortress. And they made it too much like the one in the Christopher Reeve Superman movie version.

5- The all Lana Lang and Lois Lane took too much time, and filled up a lot of episodes with stories that added nothing to the serie.

6- It was hinted more than once that Clark had other powers (like telepathy), but it was always a one time deal. Much like his x-ray vision, only once did he used it to just see through a wall, all the other times it wasn't even x-ray vision but more of a x-ray spectrum vision.

-7 How plain normal his mind was. He was freaking pre-superman and has such he should be able to think and learn at a superhuman rate, but no. Till the end of the series he was just normal smart. Hell, even I'm smarter than he ever was, and I have no powers.

8- The clothes! The clothes were a disaster, always with the red and blue, it made me sick. And then Kara/Supergirl comes along and again with the red and blue. Then he started wearing that black suit with the white S shield, which could have been way more cool if it was more like the suit Marlon Brando wore in the movie. Then he used that red jacket with the S on it and I can't state how ridiculous it seemed. And finally the plain Superman suit. They could have created something new like in Man of Steel, but no, they lacked the creativity even there.

9- His friendship with Lex Luthor. His struggle to fight for someone that would come to be his greatest enemy, was so pointless that everyone knew it was a lost cause from the beginning. But still the producers keeped insisting in it, even with all the lies and decieving that was known by both characters.

10- How other DC heroes were presented in the series. Green Arrow, Aquaman, Cyborg, Black Canary, The Flash (well actually it wasn't the Flash but Impulse, Barry Allen great-great-grandson). All these characters stories/backgrounds came so lame and so weak, that it was painful to see them acting independently or as a team. And the villains... I'm not even going to go there, its even more painful.

There! Smallville had 10 seasons, and I've just gave you 10 reasons that made Smallville a die hard, serie. Because only a die hard fan of Superman would be able to withstand seeing all 10 seasons.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It lasted for 10 seasons so how bad could it have really been? Haters will always hate, that's comic book fans for you. Always finding a reason to be so angry at something.

The show had some low points but over all it was a good show. Plus, it was on The CW so honestly what did you people expect from it?

I plan to rewatch it soon.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the effects were decent though.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I love Smallville.

L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By L3g3ndaryPheonix

Anyone else feel Jor -El was really overpowered?

I mean this guy could

1.control time

2.take away and give powers

3.resurrect the dead

4.transport people and things

5.transport people to alternate earths

6.posses the dead

7.molecular manipulation

You would think with all that knowledge(since Jor el is really The original Jor el's conciousness) Krypton would have still lived but HEY i'm not complaining

Not too mention this guy was abusive

He scarred his son's chest so he made sure he would OBEY him

Deadpo0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the show just because I love superman but damn it had some truly "cheesey" dialogue to say in the least explicit manner, but other than that I have enjoyed the first six seasons so far strictly based on the love I have for the Man of Steel and seeing his origins retold once again

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Night4345
@l3g3ndarypheonix said:

Anyone else feel Jor -El was really overpowered?

I mean this guy could

1.control time

2.take away and give powers

3.resurrect the dead

4.transport people and things

5.transport people to alternate earths

6.posses the dead

7.molecular manipulation

You would think with all that knowledge(since Jor el is really The original Jor el's conciousness) Krypton would have still lived but HEY i'm not complaining

Not too mention this guy was abusive

He scarred his son's chest so he made sure he would OBEY him

YES! I hated how Clark actually trusted Jor-El later in the series. He was continually manipulating Clark, his friends and family, and strangers both in mind and body even in the last season.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By OrangeBat

Well let's see:

1) Whiny, weak, stupid, emo Clark Kent who was a total asshole to boot, and seemed to get more unlikeable with every season. Not to mention got an ass beating from almost everyone, including Lois freakin' Lane after she got powers (gee, way to emasculate the character, people).

2) Cheesy, infuriating dialogue peppered with annoying "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" references to Superman mythos.

3) "Be Superman, Clark! It is your destiny!". Pushed and prodded by virtually everyone from Green Arrow to Aquaman to Supergirl to Jor-El to man up and be Superman. Way to completely misunderstand the character, guys.

4) Terrible plots, godawful acting. Tom Welling is a decent actor when he gets the chance (Lionel Luthor body swap, red kryptonite Clark Kent, Clark Luthor), but as Clark Kent, he's completely wooden.

5) Dumb ass contrivances and "I can't tell you right now" dialogue just to stretch out the already thin story.

6) Went on for way too long.

7) Awful romances. Clark/Lana was awful, Clark/Lois started out bearable, then plunged downhill straight into the usual fail territory (Lois does something bitchy, Clark takes it; Lois gets hurt, Clark goes nuts; will they, won't they that managed to be even worse that Clark/Lana; the absolute lack of chemistry between Tom and whatsherface playing Lois).

8) Chloe Sullivan The Mary-Sue.

9) Lois Lane's character in general. By Season 8, I was seriously hoping she would die already.

10) Everyone are already superheroes, except Clark. Freakin' Supergirl is a superheroine earlier that Clark puts on the cape.

I could keep going, but in general, just an awful show. Smallvile Season 11, ironically enough, managed to be decent, by being nothing like the show.

The only good bits? John Schneider as Jonathan Kent, and Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor. And even then, they managed to ruin this version of Lex Luthor too.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rogueshadow  Moderator
TheBakeBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the comics, before he's superman Clark is just some kid on a farm who might save somebody occasionally. They made 10 f*cking seasons of that with Smallville. It's funny because you can find the exact moment in the series where they ran out of ideas and just started directly taking stuff of of the superman comics but "nerfing" it for pre-superman Clark

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47  Edited By entropy_aegis
AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AwesomePerson

For starters the Lana and Clark relationship, they went from total strangers (one-sided) to them being a couple at the end of Season 2. Clark and Lois had, what 6 seasons to become an official couple. Kristin Kreuk is a good actress but she just had that face that said "I'm going to cry any minute now". Erick Durance as Lois had character development and at least was funny at some times... I thought that they rushed everything in the final season as it was finishing...

The costumes, oh my god, okay I get Clark not wearing the red and blue but the other heroes could have worn their tranditional costumes.

Cyborg was poorly done, Black Canary sonic scream didn't even make a sound to is so it looked liked sonic breath, Hawkman looked like a joke (correct me if I am wrong but did Hawkman's wings help him fly???).

Flash or Impulse's back story was all over the place.

Chloe and Oliver were the only characters I liked. Tess was... Meh for me... because in some parts I was "YES" and some parts "WTF???" With her...

The villains were just tossed in at times. I still don't understand the Zod story line, Darksied was introduced to quickly and defeated... Doomsday was... Something. Slade was... I don't know what Slade was but that was definitely NOT Deathstroke from the comics...

What was the thing with the "Earth-2" Lionel coming into the Smallville reality, just ruined Lionel's Season 7 death!!

Although some parts were good, Rosenbaum and Glover did REALLY well with what they had, Welling played really well as villainous characters, Durance was one of the best Lois Lane's!

Couples: I've said this before, even though I liked Clark/Lois, they did have no chemistry together... Lex/Lana was just something to make a Season 6 out of... Chloe/Oliver: one of my favourites but it felt like they were just paired together as Chloe couldn't have Clark... They were one of my favourites though...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan on marathoning this show soon.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

I plan on marathoning this show soon.

I did the same last year; in retrospect, that was a mistake on my part.