• 56 results
#51 Edited by Dernman (14963 posts) - - Show Bio

I always viewed Superman as the best leader of the JL type team. On a team of characters who are all alphas of their own universes he has the right personality for the job.

#52 Edited by Sewy18 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the leader of the Justice league on 90% of the Justice league products he's always the man up front and in the middle of the pack

#53 Posted by blackhawk000111 (618 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Nightwing is the best leader, I also think that john stewart is far better leader than supes or aqua man

#54 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16818 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon said:

@dorukesin said:
@fallschirmjager said:

Aquaman>Batman>Superman.

this.Bruce and Arthur are debatable.

Laughable...

Aquaman isn't even in the top 5. And before you say anything give me something that proves he is a good leader NOT A KING (which he struggles most of the time) but a leader capable for the JLA.

The only thing that's laughable is that statement. It only proves your knowledge of Aquaman is little to nothing. Aquaman has lead the JLA before, in fact.

Moreover, Aquaman struggles with the responsibility of being a King - its hard for him to juggle that with his responsibilities to the JLA and the Surface.

He does not struggle actually being a King. When he is being the King - he is a fantastic one. He has led Atlantis to a golden age, he has brought them properity and joy like they never seen before and Atlantis even rose to the surface. He's led them in war against other countries and prevented Wars from happening. And so much more.

Aquaman is easily better than Superman and Bruce.

The only reason he doesn't lead the JLA is because Batman and Superman are more popular, nothing more. If it were actually based on who's the best qualified, Aquaman wins.

#55 Posted by Outside_85 (8720 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldnt say he's the best leader as such, but he is the best inspiration. He doesn't exactly lead people, he just does his thing and everyone else follows his example.

#56 Posted by Squalleon (4565 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing that's laughable is that statement. It only proves your knowledge of Aquaman is little to nothing. Aquaman has lead the JLA before, in fact.

Moreover, Aquaman struggles with the responsibility of being a King - its hard for him to juggle that with his responsibilities to the JLA and the Surface.

He does not struggle actually being a King. When he is being the King - he is a fantastic one. He has led Atlantis to a golden age, he has brought them properity and joy like they never seen before and Atlantis even rose to the surface. He's led them in war against other countries and prevented Wars from happening. And so much more.

Aquaman is easily better than Superman and Bruce.

The only reason he doesn't lead the JLA is because Batman and Superman are more popular, nothing more. If it were actually based on who's the best qualified, Aquaman wins.

My knowledge on Aquaman is more than enough to give you my opinion, Peter David's run, Morrison's JLA, the Sub-diego saga and John's Aquaman is my main knowledge on him to give you a taste. He may be a good leader but this isn't about who is just a good leader but who is the BEST fit for the JLA.
He isn't as good a stragetist as Bruce, the other leaguers don't trust or follow him as blindly as Superman, he isn't as liked as Nightwing or has his experience leading a team of unique individuals, the league isn't a nation or an army. Diana has everything Arthur has and she still isn't the leader.

As for the popularity, that's true but it also is explained inside the universe. Batman is an excellent field leader and tactician that he makes up for his shortcomings, same with Superman.

#57 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16818 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Half of what you said is all wrong. Aquaman is an excellent tactician and leads individuals all the time. He's had his own team of sidekicks over his entire history and is even getting a book about his new one.

Being liked doesn't have anything to do with being a good leader. It may be what gets you elected, but nothing to do with skill to get the job done.

They don't follow him like Superman? Yeah. Because Superman is one of DC's main characters. That's easy.

And so is Aquaman. And as I said, he has lead the JLA before and can quite well. And unlike Batman or Superman, Aquaman can and would make hard decisions the two of them wouldn't due to ideals.

Diana doesn't have everything Aquaman has actually. She isn't the leader because she's a woman (sexiest, but true quite frankly), not because of some thing Superman or Batman has. They're the leaders because they're DC's most flagship characters, no other reason.

Anyone could lead the JLA if they wanted it to happen . Aquaman is easily qualified and moreso.

Bruce is more suited to being a tactical advisory than he is a field commander.

You're right the League isn't a Nation. Leading a nation is more difficult. It is kind of an army though. Aquaman has experience leading all 3. Vast experience.

You can disagree about Batman and Superman if you want, but saying he isn't top 5 is what's completely laughable, here.

#58 Posted by Squalleon (4565 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Half of what you said is all wrong. Aquaman is an excellent tactician and leads individuals all the time. He's had his own team of sidekicks over his entire history and is even getting a book about his new one.

Being liked doesn't have anything to do with being a good leader. It may be what gets you elected, but nothing to do with skill to get the job done.

They don't follow him like Superman? Yeah. Because Superman is one of DC's main characters. That's easy.

And so is Aquaman. And as I said, he has lead the JLA before and can quite well. And unlike Batman or Superman, Aquaman can and would make hard decisions the two of them wouldn't due to ideals.

Diana doesn't have everything Aquaman has actually. She isn't the leader because she's a woman (sexiest, but true quite frankly), not because of some thing Superman or Batman has. They're the leaders because they're DC's most flagship characters, no other reason.

Anyone could lead the JLA if they wanted it to happen . Aquaman is easily qualified and moreso.

Bruce is more suited to being a tactical advisory than he is a field commander.

You're right the League isn't a Nation. Leading a nation is more difficult. It is kind of an army though. Aquaman has experience leading all 3. Vast experience.

You can disagree about Batman and Superman if you want, but saying he isn't top 5 is what's completely laughable, here.

1. Having Sidekicks doesn't make you a leader or a tactician and until we see what kind of ''leadership'' Aquaman used on the others it doesn't hold much meaning.
  2. In Pre-52 and New52 Aquaman doesn't have the same connections Superman and Batman have. The heroes of the DCU don't have Aquaman in the same level of respect as Superman or Batman.
  3. Black Canary was the leader of the team pre-52...
  4. Because you can play politics, it doesn't mean you can lead a special forces team effectively. And Aquaman has given up the throne or lost it more times than I can count. Black Adam leads a nation you know, that didn't mean he could lead the JSA.
  5. When he has to compete with Nightwing,Diana,Superman,Batman,Alan Scott,Mr.Terrific,Black Canary and Brainiac 5, yes Aquaman isn't in the top 5.