#1 Edited by Oscars94 (2619 posts) - - Show Bio

In Man Of Steel, many fans were outraged when Superman killed General Zod by breaking his neck. Yes, he did it to protect civilians but still people were angry. What if he killed Braniac or Doomsday instead? Could the reaction be different because they don't look human?Would there have been a different reaction? Less controversy? What do you think Viners?

#2 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to doomsday, there's literally no stopping him, not even plot devices can stop him, Hell he is the ultimate plot device,so killing him is very much encouraged. I don't know if its the whole looking human part really affects people. Supes wouldn't kill brainiac though cause, well, where's the justice in that? Brainiac's destroyed how many worlds exactly, countless billion lives while trapping the remnants of those worlds in bottles and he just dies just like that,no way, he deserves to be punished.

#3 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to doomsday, there's literally no stopping him, not even plot devices can stop him, Hell he is the ultimate plot device,so killing him is very much encouraged. I don't know if its the whole looking human part really affects people. Supes wouldn't kill brainiac though cause, well, where's the justice in that? Brainiac's destroyed how many worlds exactly, countless billion lives while trapping the remnants of those worlds in bottles and he just dies just like that,no way, he deserves to be punished.

Doomsday isn't really alive,is he?

#4 Posted by RDClip (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

At the end of the fight, Superman (and everyone else) thought he actually killed Doomsday.

#5 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: He is but he's considered more like a force of nature.

#6 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Superman killed Doomsday and sometimes he seems to not having any problems with killing Darkseid.

#7 Posted by MuyJingo (2142 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: no, but this movie was done to compensate for Superman Returns.

#9 Posted by Hatcherson (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares about superman any more or characters written by so many different writers through out all platforms

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34908 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Superman cant kill Doomsday or Darkseid so if they did on film and call bulshiz

#11 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares about superman any more or characters written by so many different writers through out all platforms

Obviously lots of people. Great comment

#12 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you make a habit of hitting hornets nests, this is the Superman section... You might run into Superman fans..... like myself. But it's obvious you're a troll so shooo, go away.

#13 Posted by syoungkeezy (82 posts) - - Show Bio

to all people bitching the original superman killed, and i for one am glad that their taking him back to his roots enough with this reeves fanboism, if you like it so much go buy the dvd and just keeping re-watching superman 1 and 2

#14 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: Its not about revenge its about justice, when did i say anything about revenge?

#15 Posted by redleader1 (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: no he is not plus he comes back every time but can't be hurt by whatever killed him.

#16 Posted by Oscars94 (2619 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: Man Of Steel Superman showed remorse after killing Zod though. Hell, even Lois killed Faora.

#17 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94: I think you're talking to the wrong Guy. I loved MoS.

#18 Edited by Hatcherson (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: I made a thread and it didn't contain superman so there's no interest if the only way to get people interested in a battle debate is to have it be with superman it's been done its old and it's being recycled come up with something that's not been In discussion

#19 Edited by Hatcherson (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: great just have him fly into the sun then he will beat toaa great superman has been written to beat anyone all you fanboys complain whe people have battles with op characters what about a battle with mad Moxxi from borderlands vs madness returns alice who would win there's a discussion where no superman fanboys can troll

#20 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

^Aaaaawwwwwww poor little b*tch wants attention so he hates on a character in his own forums. That's so cute.... Who's the cute little b*tch? You are!

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17961 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: great just have him fly into the sun then he will beat toaa great superman has been written to beat anyone all you fanboys complain whe people have battles with op characters what about a battle with mad Moxxi from borderlands vs madness returns alice who would win there's a discussion where no superman fanboys can troll

What's with the hostility towards those who appreciate the character? Please try to stay on topic.

@ssejllenrad: No need for the insults mate.

#22 Posted by MuyJingo (2142 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: Its not about revenge its about justice, when did i say anything about revenge?

When you say it isn't apt for Brainiac to just die but he needs to be punished, that doesn't sound like justice, but revenge.

#23 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: When criminals are sentenced and sent to prison that's a punishment. Is that Justice or Revenge? I think you just misunderstood what I meant.

#24 Posted by MuyJingo (2142 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: Maybe I did. It sounded like you wanted him to suffer, and that dieing would not be sufficient. That sounded like revenge to me.

#25 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, I can see how it sounded like that :P

#26 Posted by Oscars94 (2619 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Dayvid3 (855 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be the same, but I you're right, perception of killing a non human type would have a good chance of not having the same impact on people

#28 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe it was Zod's human appearance that was the problem. I put it down to two things.

1. People's assumptions and preconceived notions of what Should have happened.

2. The up close camera angle that put it right in people's faces.

#29 Posted by Oscars94 (2619 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: Would they have preferred for Zod to fry that family or use the Kryptonite plot device again?

#30 Posted by Hazlenaut (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I saw in the animated series apocalypse becomes a warzone of civil war for the throne.

Doomsday is a brute who only destroys. The cannon fodder robots are more productive than him so it not really much of a lost if he dies. Lex Luthor should be willing kill Doomsday just to gloat and feel that he found someone worst then Superman as a nemesis.