What happened to the new 52 superman respect thread?

kama_094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Most of you know the one I mean. It was awesome and now it's gone. Why? What happened to it?

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

All of the New 52 Respect Threads were deleted due to the new scans rule.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By toptom
Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way they shouldn't have just deleted it. It served its purpose and it was a key piece of the forum.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think the creator of the threads requested they be deleted.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

i was gonna make a thread about it

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Claymore1998

There are new rules in regards to how many full pages scans we can post.

As Renchamp explained it , with popularity comes scrutiny. With comic vine gaining popularity it is now suffering more scrutiny from the various comic book publishers.

As comic book and their scans still happens to be a copyright property of the respective publishers posting more than 3 full scans from a comics is seen as breaching the said property right claims.

In order for comic vine to avoid any legal liability this may entail, the new rule was established which explains why the respect threads were deleted.

Hope this helps , please don't mind my grammar, typing from phone is pretty hard.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp said:

@claymore1998 said:

As comic book and their scans still happens to be a copyright property of the respective publishers posting more than 3 full scans from a comics is seen as breaching the said property right claims.

To clarify, posting any full page scan is infringement. The three page exception is for battles only, as the Vine feels there is a defense under fair use in that regard.

I've heard that the same rule can be applied to the respect threads,right?

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Interesting.... regardless, I still hold some of New 52 Supes's feats in my ipod and flashdrive and computer. I might try that for the other new 52 characters.

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: but in this forum:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/updated-clarified-new-images-scans-rule-1623136/

it is clearly told that: "Battles: An argument can be made that battles are a form of research. This is very weak. But, as scans are a part of the culture of battles, Comic Vine will allow up to three pages of full page scans per issue to show feats and context for a point of debate. (Note: We would prefer the use of panels.) "Pictures or it didn't happen" needs to stop. The days of showing half a comic because of a battle sequence are over. If someone does not agree that a certain feat went down as argued then up to three scans can be used (if panels are insufficient) as evidence. This is not to say that if three scans cannot adequately show the point then the claim is false, it just means that everyone needs to find the book and find out for themselves. Sides of debates do not always have the same information and it is up to the civil debaters to find out for themselves the validity of another's statement. This rule extends to Respect threads and CaV tournaments."

If i am not mistaken here it is told that we can use up to 3 full pages scan per issue even in the respect threads. I'am asking that since i am doing a new respect thread now (this one,if you can take a look to see if what i am doing is legit or not : http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/new-52-superman-capability-thread-1628483/#32) and i am putting a lot of effort in it: i am cropping all the images, but for some rare feats i am putting at least one or two (never three) full page scans.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toptom

@renchamp: ahaha tanks dude! and thanks for the advice!

No Caption Provided

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@renchamp said:

To clarify, posting any full page scan is infringement. The three page exception is for battles only, as the Vine feels there is a defense under fair use in that regard.

Cool, thank you.

@war_ruin said:

@claymore1998: Don't worry about your grammar. I understand now.

^_^

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By DrF8

damn

No Caption Provided

^^^^^Is posting this is illegal now? ^^^^

What they mean by full page?