What does Superman fans think of Superboy?

• 58 results
redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redwingx

Tell me!

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you mean Pre-Crisis, then he's an outdated concept from the idiotic Silver Age that people like Geoff Johns lust after.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Specify which version of Superboy please.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hate Connor, he's boring. Supergirl, too.

If I had my way, once Superman and Lois get back together(seems around the corner), I would introduce Jon and Hippa-El.

Superman and Wonder Woman's kids from the future as the new Superboy and Supergirl. It would add spice and intrigue to them and put strains on Lois and Clark, making their relationship interesting...for once.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I only really like Connor Kent myself. To say he's boring displays a gross misunderstanding or underestimation of the character. After the 2000s and Johns put him on The Teen Titans, Connor really grew as a character. His mind control, relationship with Cassie and valiant sacrifice against Superboy Prime were all brilliant character developments. And his return was actually done tastefully too followed up by two awesome runs on the character thanks to Geoff Johns and Jeff Lemire. It's a shame he's been butchered in The New 52.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DianaXKal

Jon Lane Kent can choke on Kryptonite.

I want to say that Kon should kick Tim's ass and win Cassie's heart, but Cassie is Diana's niece.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By redwingx

I personally think that hes a wasted potential. He could be so much more than what he is. He could be in areas that Superman couldn't be because of the iconic weight.

Kind of sad. :(

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SA Superboy – can’t say anything. Personally, I can’t stand any SA material (though I like the idea that Clark started his official superhero career in pretty young age).

Pre-New-52 Superboy (Connor Kent) – don’t like his yearly years (punk mode), but then again there are just few things I like about that comics’ period. Later he grew up into nice guy, hero worthily of having Super-prefix and in the same time different enough from Superman to be stand-alone character. Never liked his Clark/Lex origin though.

New-52 Kon-El. Again, can’t say much about him. Guy didn’t get much time (and good authors) to show us his potential. And his origin being off-shot of Jon-Lane Kent…

Jon-Lane Kent – I hate that guy or, specifying, his entire origin story. For me, this is by far the worst thing Lobdell ever done; looks like cheap parody on Marvel’s Cable with all that time traveling stuff. DC should release Superboy-Prime from Source Wall ASAP so he could punch it out of existence.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Superboy i.e- Superman(Clark) when younger, i only like this version as a myth, a town mystery. Not operating out in the open. Clark saving people in secret during his adolescence.

Superboy(Conner/Kon-El)- I absolutely loved this character (for a time more than Superman) and what he had become pre-52 and where he was headed. New 52 butchered him of course.

Superboy Prime- The ultimate villain you love to hate...May he loathe his time trapped in the source wall.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: He has no real relationship with Kal, he's just his half clone thing that Kal lets tag around, live with his parents and hangout with.

Now, my proposal makes an interesting concept, in my opinion, of the relationship between Kal, Diana and Lois.

Geoff said Kal and Diana end badly, this could be a nice way to mend their relationship and have them work on a friendship.

Saying that,my Jon and Hippa characters are the children of Kal and Diana after Lois dies, but they can't say because it means altering the timeline. They came back in time because Supes and Di weren't supposed to date yet and their break up alters the future...hence why Booster vanished from existence.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Night4345

I like Pre-Crisis Superboy. It makes sense that Clark would start his hero career as early as possible and some of the stories are pretty enjoyable (The Legion stories are the best while there are some stupid and/or weird issues like most heroes had during the Silver Age)

I like Superboy-Prime even if writers wrote him into the ground.

I also enjoy Conner Kent throughout his career despite his mediocre New-52 debut.

Jon Lame-Kent can jump in a red sun.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By entropy_aegis

To me he was the least interesting thing to come out of the Death of Superman saga. I much preferred Henshaw, Steel and Erad, but Superboy got pushed much more than they were especially by Johns.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: No it doesn't. Trust me as someone who actually knows both Superman and Superboy in the Pre New 52 universe, it really, really doesn't make for an interesting concept. It relies on cheap shock value, over exaggerated fan fiction and the rivalry of shipping between Clois and Cliana not to mention that it's just plain dumb. Sorry to be harsh but it really is. You can't think that's any kind of a good idea at all. I'd much rather take the half clone that hangs out with Kal, his parents and his dog over your preposterous suggestion any day of the week. And I know several Superboy fans on here that would do the same thing. Sorry to burst your bubble but Pre New 52 Connor Kent was a superb character in the 2000s who became a fan favourite rather than your temporary Days of Future Past rip off.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: No, Diana dumps Superman and wants nothing to with him. She's not interested in a silly love triangle, neither is Superman, this is just a way to mend their friendship.

They'll have to hold off their disdain to take care of people they both care about...or feel responsible to take care of. Lois doesn't know that the kids were conceded in her death, she has doubts in whether or not her and Clark work, but through time, Superman reassures her that he wouldn't do something to hurt her.

Is it DoFP like? Yes, but comics burrow from others all the time and it actually makes Superman and Lois interesting. They're a terrible bore of a duo. no conflict, she's not very interesting, she's very annoying, their relationship consists of her getting saved constantly and her "jokingly" belittling Clark.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lvenger

@superguy1591: In YOUR opinion they're a terrible, boring couple. To most of the world and most Superman fans? They're one of the most iconic and well loved romances in all of fiction. So you're in the minority as you always have been there. And since you've failed to understand the compelling reasons behind the Clark/Lois dynamic, I have no interest in lecturing you on this topic again. I'm not going to convince you that Lois is the perfect partner for Superman or that Batman is a good character since you're too stubborn to accept otherwise. You oversimplify the romance far too much.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Depends on the version.
I didn't like Kon-El until Johns' Teen Titans run and beyond, with my favorite being Johns Boy of Steel.
As for Superman as Superboy, I only like it as an urban myth and in future adventures with the Legion of Superheroes.
And I hate John Lane Kent with all my heart :)

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591:

If I had my way, once Superman and Lois get back together(seems around the corner), I would introduce Jon and Hippa-El.

Superman and Wonder Woman's kids from the future as the new Superboy and Supergirl. It would add spice and intrigue to them and put strains on Lois and Clark, making their relationship interesting...for once.

Lol mate… Considering Lois’s reaction on Cir-El’s appearance and on other occasion on Clark’s confession that he and Wonder Woman spent 1000 years fighting in Asgard – it would kill Clois relationship (ugh) right then and there.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark superboy,should be more"superman as a boy",not superboy itself.also I like the hero in hiding while in Smallville,and learning to be a great hero with the Legion.

SB/Kon/connEr kent- favorite character by far and easily.loved his original run,he was the ultimate young celebrity hero,having fun kicking evils ass.john dumbed down quite a lot of what was great about the character,but he was still great all the same.new 52 kon is a mess on so many levels,I'm hoping for jon to sacrifice himself in the time stream to save the day,but by doing this it totally changes Kon's origin to more of a Morrison/all star superman version as in lex creates a SUPER clone by re engineering Kals DNA and using Lois as the mother.he would have golden age-YJ levels of physical strength,speed,and durability,with only the ability to jump when he is young,these would all grow overtime into superman level.he would have the Kesel physical touch TTK,with lobdells extra cool TTK senses and processing speed.he would wear t shirt and jeans,jacket,fingerless gloves.he only wants to be a hero,but is way over confident,and is cocky,quick to anger,he is the ultimate fun teen hero.

Superboy prime and Jon lane kent are both mistakes and should be erased like Cir-el was(even though I think she has a lot of potential).

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Superguy1591

@sanohibiki: Meh, they're not getting back together and DC has made no attempt at hiding the fact that he's getting back with Lois so we know that relationship is going nowhere.

But honestly, when they get back together, are we going to relive the Bryne reveal? DC ought to find a way to make their relationship intriguing. We know neither will cheat, something is needed for drama.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Let's just say different strokes, no need to get into a heated debate.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: hey if you like the idea of superman/Wonder Woman kids go read justice league beyond,it has a alternate earths superman and wonder woman's kid running around calling himself Zod.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Love the new version of the new 52.What I would like to see is a Superboy prime in the new 52.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I have always been a big fan of Superboy

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Pre-New 52 Conner was great.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I'm indifferent. His shirt is a must buy though

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the whole Superman family, in general.

1. Super Girl
  2. Steel
  3. Power Girl
  4. Krypto
  5. Super Boy

Etc...

I dont like Jon very much though. Imagine how much more interesting that Meta Murdering monster would be if he was part Kryptonian and Amazonian?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont like Jon very much though. Imagine how much more interesting that Meta Murdering monster would be if he was part Kryptonian and Amazonian?

He'd be more powerful for sure

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

He'd be the most intimidating entity in the Universe by default. The skills and warrior mentality of an Amazon, the raw power of a Kryptonian under a yellow sun. Put him in Armor, a la the God of War, and make a whole arc about that beast.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Knightfall225

I'm not a fan of the superman family. Supergirl is okay but the whole superboy thing i never got into

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: check JL beyond,they have a kid,he has all the kryptonian powers,but some kind of technopathy ability.

Kon is going to be in issue 3 of Multiversity,that should be a cool version.also he was in the back of Wednesday issue of Supergirl,seems he might be with Gen 13 for something coming up.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: check JL beyond,they have a kid,he has all the kryptonian powers,but some kind of technopathy ability.

Kon is going to be in issue 3 of Multiversity,that should be a cool version.also he was in the back of Wednesday issue of Supergirl,seems he might be with Gen 13 for something coming up.

I went and got every issue just the other day because I found out! A little disappointed in his origin, but eh, its something.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

@deaditegonzo said:

He'd be the most intimidating entity in the Universe by default. The skills and warrior mentality of an Amazon, the raw power of a Kryptonian under a yellow sun. Put him in Armor, a la the God of War, and make a whole arc about that beast.

It be interesting to see one of the kids have god mode..... I really should get to writing that fan fic but Im so lazy

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177: It's not really about Superman and Diana getting babies, it's finding a way to make the Superman and Lois relationship not boring.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: well I don't like Lois and Clark together so much for them to entertain me,but because they make each other happy,and belong together

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177: yeah, but anyone can make anyone else happy in comics. Superman could make Harley happy and, in turn, she could make him happy too, but it doesn't mean it should happen.

Superman and Lois were never meant to date. At the very least, Lois and Clark weren't meant to be. Her assertive personality was supposed to find Clark's meek personality unattractive.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591:

DC has made no attempt at hiding the fact that he's getting back with Lois

I’m curious – when was that? Lobdell (who wrote Superman as a two-timing jerk) gone, Johns said that during his run Clark will stay with Diana, SM/WW book sells alright. Yes, Clois is a real possibility in future (Future’s End, indeed), but you wrote it like next Monday it would be Clois again?

DC ought to find a way to make their relationship intriguing. We know neither will cheat, something is needed for drama.

That much is true; Clois as it was in Pre-New-52 not gonna work.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: why not? There was nothing wrong with it pre flashpoint, u just had lazy writers

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Superguy1591

@maccyd: If thats the case, a hero like Superman should be with Harley Quinn.

She's everything he's not, or it least Catwoman or something.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: In Unchained, he was seconds away from telling Lois how he felt about her.

In Action Comics and SM/WW, Doomsday is constantly talking about how much he wants to be Lois.

And even in Geoff's Superman, Perry is telling him that he's unhappy because he isn't with Lois.

In none of the books, not even in one, does he even deny being unhappy or that even though he loves Lois, he has strong feelings for Diana as well. He just moles like a sorry ass biatch.

Its the most annoying thing in the world, if DC wanted someone for Superman to hold on to because he felt lonely without Lois, they should've created someone else...or at least use someone created for a fling with Superman(Maxima), not WONDER WOMAN!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@sanohibiki: In Unchained, he was seconds away from telling Lois how he felt about her.

In Action Comics and SM/WW, Doomsday is constantly talking about how much he wants to be Lois.

And even in Geoff's Superman, Perry is telling him that he's unhappy because he isn't with Lois.

Wow paraphrasing much...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By danhimself

@lvenger said:

I only really like Connor Kent myself. To say he's boring displays a gross misunderstanding or underestimation of the character. After the 2000s and Johns put him on The Teen Titans, Connor really grew as a character. His mind control, relationship with Cassie and valiant sacrifice against Superboy Prime were all brilliant character developments. And his return was actually done tastefully too followed up by two awesome runs on the character thanks to Geoff Johns and Jeff Lemire. It's a shame he's been butchered in The New 52.

@lvenger said:

@superguy1591: No it doesn't. Trust me as someone who actually knows both Superman and Superboy in the Pre New 52 universe, it really, really doesn't make for an interesting concept. It relies on cheap shock value, over exaggerated fan fiction and the rivalry of shipping between Clois and Cliana not to mention that it's just plain dumb. Sorry to be harsh but it really is. You can't think that's any kind of a good idea at all. I'd much rather take the half clone that hangs out with Kal, his parents and his dog over your preposterous suggestion any day of the week. And I know several Superboy fans on here that would do the same thing. Sorry to burst your bubble but Pre New 52 Connor Kent was a superb character in the 2000s who became a fan favourite rather than your temporary Days of Future Past rip off.

@lvenger we may not always agree on everything but when you say stuff like this it makes me want to hug you

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Oh you mean on not agreeing on the new female Thor? Yeah I doubt I'm going to end up being impressed by that. Especially with news that Marvel plan on making this change last for a few years regardless of the negative criticism against it. But likewise, I doubt I'll change my mind on how much of an awesome character Pre New 52 Connor was. He really grew out of Superman and Lex Luthor's shadow from the mid 2000s onwards and all that character development and progression was lost in The New 52. And it has yet to be salvaged.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I rather they make a change and keep to it, rather than half-arsing around to check if it's profitable.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: nah, it's not even hidden. It's annoying to read and DC needs to stop disrespecting Wonder Woman. Either put him back with Lois or make him single, but if I hear Superman whine like a little b*tch one more time I might hurt myself severely.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SanoHibiki

@superguy1591:

0_o that I can’t even understand.

In Unchained, he was seconds away from telling Lois how he felt about her.

In none of the books, not even in one, does he even deny being unhappy or that even though he loves Lois, he has strong feelings for Diana as well. He just moles like a sorry ass biatch.

I see where you are coming from, but I think that you are misinterpretating this.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By johnqestion

@superguy1591 said:

Its the most annoying thing in the world, if DC wanted someone for Superman to hold on to because he felt lonely without Lois, they should've created someone else...or at least use someone created for a fling with Superman(Maxima), not WONDER WOMAN!

As someone who READS both SM/WW and Action I call out your BS. He tells Diana he loves her in SM/WW and calls her his love in Action. Doomsday is akin to being possessed by something evil. Are you really going to use that as argument as that is what Clark wants whn it is like a evil presence speaking inside him? And Perry does not know Clark is Superman and is with Wonder Woman. What is Clark do say? Erm well actually I am in love with the most amazing woman on the planet (Pak's words) , Chief. I know he moped like a sorry ass bitch in the Superman books under Perez and Lobdell for Lois and that was freaking annoying. I for one am sick of seeing Clark Kent mope like an idiot for the self absorbed Lois Lane whose main troupe is getting into trouble so he can save her sorry ass when there are more interesting women around like Diana and Lana and hell even Shay Veritas. And DC probably used Wonder Woman because it is not as temporary as you making it out to be.

Now as to Conner. Please someone who can write bring him back and don't crap on him again and just kill Jon Lame Kent.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion: hell even Shay Veritas

Whatever happened to her? She's one of the good things Lobdell made in Superman.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers