What do you want out of truth ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

Besides a good story what do we all want from the upcoming Truth story arc ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC: could you move this over to the superman board please ? My IPad is being a jerk and not letting me do it in the full edit menu.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lois Lane not coming out of this a bitch.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Long lasting repercussions.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Idk, I just hope for this era to last a while. I don't want this arc to end quickly

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't know man. It's not looking good.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Good writing, a meaningful story and most definitely-

@darkman61288 said:

This.

I love Lois and it's painful to see how she's been used and portrayed post flashpoint.

Oh oh and most of all for Superman to not become this sad, self loathing, angsty, "gritty" person, please for the love of God!! Hope that doesn't happen!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@darkman61288 said:

This.

I love Lois and it's painful to see how she's been used and portrayed post flashpoint.

Oh oh and most of all for Superman to not become this sad, self loathing, angsty, "gritty" person, please for the love of God!! Hope that doesn't happen!

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

In all honesty. I only wish DC Comics doesn't cause more damage to Superman image.

They have cast shadows on him. Make him look much less intelligent, than he actually his. Too dependable on other people. And less of a fighter.

It's like one chain after another.

My hopes for Truth, are that somehow, Superman returns to glory.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ultimatesmfan said:

@darkman61288 said:

This.

you guys are about 76 years too late for that. =)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:
@ultimatesmfan said:

@darkman61288 said:

This.

you guys are about 76 years too late for that. =)

Well, at least she will be featured that's a start. Its a win for me. You will have to deal with her :P

Also, I will ignore the smart@$$ "comment"

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: Lois has immunity in the Superman world. Her personality changes to fit the story. She's never a bad person, she's just doing what the story calls for.

If Superman was dating a created character for his mythos I would understand why you guys would be fearful of Lois being treated badly, but Superman is dating Wonder Woman. That's not a long lasting relationship and we might see an end to it in JL soon.

Lois Lane is the character they will pair him up with eventually and they don't want to ruin it.

Superman and Lois have featured in every non-main story canon since the N52. DC is trying to tell us that the potential is there.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Lois has immunity in the Superman world. Her personality changes to fit the story. She's never a bad person, she's just doing what the story calls for.

If Superman was dating a created character for his mythos, I would understand why you guys would be fearful of Lois being treated badly, but Superman is dating Wonder Woman. That's not a long lasting relationship and we might see an end to it in JL soon.

Lois Lane is the character they will pair him up with eventually and they don't want to ruin it.

Superman and Lois have featured in every non-main story canon since the N52. DC is trying to tell us that the potential is there.

Actually, I disagree. Lois has one of the most consistent portrayals in Superman's mythos. I have read plenty of stories to make that comment, with complete certainty. On the other hand, Superman himself, in one of the most inconsistent characters in his own mythos.

Oh, I don't care about the relationship. I don't want to see them "dating'' I just want to see more Lois. The same way I like to see Jimmy and Perry. I just like the cast, thats all. All I want is for them to be featured. Like how I like Alfred and Nightwing.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Domyou think DC will stick to this new outing of supermans identity or do you think they will come up with some daft reason to make it secret again ?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: fair enough; I don't want Lois completely removed. I just wish she would become Oracle for Superman.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: Domyou think DC will stick to this new outing of supermans identity or do you think they will come up with some daft reason to make it secret again ?

I think it will stay for a while. Usually stories like these stay for a year and a half or so.

Then again, this won't be the first time DC ducked out from a decision.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: fair enough; I don't want Lois completely removed. I just wish she would become Oracle for Superman.

She doesn't fit for an Oracle character since she doesn't have the necessary mindset, plus I feel Hiro could potentially take that spotlight. She could work better as his Gordon imo. You know the normal person in the front lines.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Blood, gore, neck snapping....and boobs

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blood, gore, neck snapping....and boobs

Add to that, big guns and motorcycles.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Lois Lane is supposed to be a world renowned investigative journalist able to get information instantly.

I would rather Lois, with the help of Hiro, be able to keep in contact with Superman and get him what ever he needs. If you make Hiro be the hacker and Lois be his guide, that works.

Nothing bothers me more than when Superman needs Batman to help him hold his hand through everything. The secret is out now--put Lois to use for once.

I hate Lois Lane on the front lines. She's never reliable, mostly an inconvenience to Superman. Plus, Gordon is never out with Batman in the field needing Batman to save him.

Perry should be Jim since Perry gives Clark the cases to work.

Just keep Lois Lane out of danger; the DiD is played out, especially for someone as competent as Lois is supposed to be.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

I hate Lois Lane on the front lines. She's never reliable, mostly an inconvenience to Superman. Plus, Gordon is never out with Batman in the field needing Batman to save him.

Perry should be Jim since Perry gives Clark the cases to work.

Just keep Lois Lane out of danger; the DiD is played out, especially for someone as competent as Lois is supposed to be.

Only if you want Lois to be portrayed that way. She is an army brat, with experience in fighting since she grew in army camps. She is courageous and she has been of plenty of near death situations. Portraying her as a liability for me is a sin.

If Lana can be of help of Superman, Lois can do it better.

I imagine Lois as the man in the ground for Superman. You know when Superman fights the big guys, she will evacuate people and help those in need.

I agree the lady in distress is played out too much. But that is because there is a new iteration of Superman every two years and it results in repetitive stories. I mean look how many origins we have for Supes since the 00s.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: See, if it were Batman we were talking about, Lois' army background would work since Lois taking down street thugs is believable, but Superman level baddies are out of Batman's league, before I say Lois. I don't need her to be Robin Lane, I just need her to be helpful and add some humor.

She doesn't have to be on the field to be helpful. She can be helpful by staying true to what She was intended to be--a great investigative reporter.

Anything else is eye rolling.

As far as Lana is concerned, I don't want Lois to take priority over Lana like how the Post-Crisis/pre-Flashpoint Superman books worked. Lois is the most important Woman in the superhero mythology, sure, but that doesnt mean Lana gets to be a pawn to further Lois' position in the mythos. Lois and Lana can serve two different roles as best-friend with Lois' relationship being more flirtatious and Lana being more nostalgic--I think DC should probably break up Superman and Wonder Woman, but keep the team book going since not even JL furthers the relationship--and create a new Woman for the mythology so that they don't disrespect Diana with a Flirty relationship with Lois.

The role you have for Lois, I have for Konner. I liked the Young Justice dynamic of Konner wanting to be more like Superman, but not being nearly as powerful. I didnt like how it went unresolved with Konner only beating Superman in a fight and that being all it took to make Superman respect him. I want Konner to earn; I want Superman to make him a sidekick and teach him what it means to wear the \S/ since N52 Konner is supposed to be an arrogant SOB.

Clark tells him that the most important thing about that symbol is that it represents heroism. He tries to teach him that saving people is more important than the recognition that comes from being the hero. So he puts Konner on evac duty, but Konner usually disregards him and joins the fight.

Super-boy is a perfect Robin to Superman. He's not nearly as strong, quick or powerful and it makes Superman a mentor. I don't need Superman to be that for Lois.

I don't think it can be helped with Lois. Let's just find a way to not make her annoying to read.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

She doesn't have to be on the field to be helpful. She can be helpful by staying true to what She was intended to be--a great investigative reporter.

As far as Lana is concerned, I don't want Lois to take priority over Lana like how the Post-Crisis/pre-Flashpoint Superman books worked.

Clark tells him that the most important thing about that symbol is that it represents heroism. He tries to teach him that saving people is more important than the recognition that comes from being the hero. So he puts Konner on evac duty, but Konner usually disregards him and joins the fight.

Super-boy is a perfect Robin to Superman. He's not nearly as strong, quick or powerful and it makes Superman a mentor. I don't need Lois to be that.

I don't think it can be helped with Lois. Let's just find a way to not make her annoying to read.

But an investigative reporter has to go to the field sometimes. She can't be always on the information side.

But Lana in the New 52 IS LOIS. Complete character overhaul making her Lois-lite. Lana was never what her New 52 characterization points at. Courageous, sometimes even reckless, Tomboy(!), tries to impress Supes. This is Lois' characterization.

Nah, Superman does his best work alone. A complete sidekick never works. Like how Spider-man can't work with a side-kick. Then again Batman himself, who introduced the concept doesn't work with a sidekick full-time.

But again, I am not talking about Side-kick. Except if you consider Gordon or Bullock a side-kick to Batman. I want Lois as his Gordon, not Robin or Nightwing.

I think at this point, you hate her, just to hate her. You never have fully examined arguments,you haven't read stories featuring her, you like New 52 Lana, yet you dislike Lois, which the irony is pointed out before. I don't know what triggered your hate for her but you are overwhelmingly putting to much blind hate to a fictional character.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

For this to have an effect on all future stories of his, at least for the next 1-2 years.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

For this to have an effect on all future stories of his, at least for the next 1-2 years.

Agreed. I hope it's not a one and done arc. I want this arc to have an impact

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon:

Yeah, but why is it only Lois Lane that has these problems? Is she the only investigative journalist in Metropolis? How come the others can do it without finding themselves in compromising situations?

None of those reasons are the reasons why I love Lana under Pak. I loved Lana because she was a funny and she had a unique relationship with Clark due to that fact that she was the only link to his past now that Ma and Pa were gone.

All those other things other elements you mentioned of Lana can be replaced, but as long she's still smart mouth and a link to his past--the embodiedment of his parents--she'll be a favorite of mine.

I would hate for DC to make her look foolish just so Lois Lane can shine.

Doesn't have to be a team up in Superman or Action Comics. I still don't know why Superboy needs an exclusive title when Superman and Superboy should team up more in that title. Guys like the Robins and Superboy don't have the same rogues like their adult counterparts, I'm not sure why they need books.

I'm not saying that I want Superman to hijack the Superboy book, but I just need Superman to have a real relationship with Superboy. It's not enough for them to just casually hangout in the Superman books because, as you've already said, it takes away from the quality of the Superman book.

As long as she's not constantly in danger, Lois can feature as heavily as DC wants to. The baby mama angle has to stop too: besides the fact that I like that Superman and Lois can't have kids, it makes Lois look like all she has to offer is her womb.

I only hate Lois Lane when she was forced into a story or when they compromises the story just so she can play DiD. I actually like Lois' personality when she knows she's kinda b!tchy and is self-aware that she can be hard to deal with.

Smallville's Lois was really good at being both. She's just a bad mash-up of bad troupes and cliches that makes her less attractive to read.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon:

Yeah, but why is it only Lois Lane that has these problems? Is she the only investigative journalist in Metropolis? How come the others can do it without finding themselves in compromising situations?

What problems?

All those other things other elements you mentioned of Lana can be replaced, but as long she's still smart mouth and a link to his past--the embodiedment of his parents--she'll be a favorite of mine.

I never said to look foolish. But if you like Lana's personality then you like Lois' end of story. And smart-mouth is also one of Lois tricks since her inception.

See, you like Lois. You just don't want to admit it :P

Doesn't have to be a team up in Superman or Action Comics. I still don't know why Superboy needs an exclusive title when Superman and Superboy should team up more in that title. Guys like the Robins and Superboy don't have the same rogues like their adult counterparts, I'm not sure why they need books.

I don't get it, can you explain this?

I'm not saying that I want Superman to hijack the Superboy book, but I just need Superman to have a real relationship with Superboy. It's not enough for them to just casually hangout in the Superman books because, as you've already said, it takes away from the quality of the Superman book.

Agreed. But I don't want to see him as a side-kick forced into the Superman title. Even Batman has a separate title to operate with Robin. When you force sidekicks into titles, then you have to give them time,arcs and development. I feel that would hinder Superman's current problems. I believe it is better for Superboy to team-up with Supes rather than to be his side-kick.

As long as she's not constantly in danger, Lois can feature as heavily as DC wants to. The baby mama angle has to stop too: besides the fact that I like that Superman and Lois can't have kids, it makes Lois look like all she has to offer is her womb.

Agreed. The DiD is boring and been done to death. And I feel even the writers know this. And Lois an icon of femininity in comics should not be handled like a DiD. Also I agree they shouldn't have a baby through physical means. I like the tragedy of not been able to have offsprings.

I only hate Lois Lane when she was forced into a story or when they compromises the story just so she can play DiD. I actually like Lois' personality when she knows she's kinda b!tchy and is self-aware that she can be hard to deal with.

There is never an issue like that. No writer is forced to use Lois ever. If she appears it is because the writer wants her. And like Superman, many writers just can't handle her.

Smallville's Lois was really good at being both. She's just a bad mash-up of bad troupes and cliches that makes her less attractive to read.

I disagree. I think you haven't given her a opportunity.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

@squalleon:

What problems?

I never said to look foolish. But if you like Lana's personality then you like Lois' end of story. And smart-mouth is also one of Lois tricks since her inception.

See, you like Lois. You just don't want to admit it :P

I don't get it, can you explain this?

Agreed. But I don't want to see him as a side-kick forced into the Superman title. Even Batman has a separate title to operate with Robin. When you force sidekicks into titles, then you have to give them time,arcs and development. I feel that would hinder Superman's current problems. I believe it is better for Superboy to team-up with Supes rather than to be his side-kick.

Agreed. The DiD is boring and been done to death. And I feel even the writers know this. And Lois an icon of femininity in comics should not be handled like a DiD. Also I agree they shouldn't have a baby through physical means. I like the tragedy of not been able to have offsprings.

There is never an issue like that. No writer is forced to use Lois ever. If she appears it is because the writer wants her. And like Superman, many writers just can't handle her.

I disagree. I think you haven't given her a opportunity.

1.) The problem of constantly needing to be saved when she's on the field. Lois Lane doesn't actively purses danger without any sense of fear of foresight. It's not brave of her to run into a burning building to get a story knowing that Superman will come save her. In that instance, she's not a better journalist, she's just a journalist with a guardian angel.

2.) I never said I hated Lois' personality. I'm fine with her being a kinda b!tchy tough as nails lady who doesn't back down, but like I've said, Lois is a mixture of the worst cliches of female characters in media. One minutes she's tough as nails, she knows martial arts, she's a certified bad@$$ and next thing you know Superman has to come save her. Writers have to pick one of the two: she's either a DiD that constantly needs saving or she's a tough as nails lady who gets the story without Superman's help.

Right now, the mixture of the two cliches makes her look like the girl in the bar with a really muscular boyfriend who goes around starting trouble with every man in the bar because she knows her boyfriend can beat them up. She looks tough because she isn't afraid to fight a guy, but her boyfriend is doing all e heavy lifting. Believe me, I really want to like Lois Lane; just because I like Lana it doesn't mean I can like Lois Lane--Lana can continue to feature in Action Comics and Lois in Superman and I'll be happy with that and read both books.

You our can even differentiate between the two characters by making Lois more flirty with Clark while Clark and Lana are just best buds.

3 and 4.) I've never understood why sidekicks gets exclusive titles. I've actively voiced my disdain for the Nightwing book or any other Robin getting a solo book and the same goes for Konner. Konner doesn't have a rogue gallery that makes him interesting enough read. If you tried to create one for him they would turn into Superman's rogues in teenage form; if you just used Superman rogues it's not interesting because they don't have a connection to him. He's not a normal teenager where you can make him into Spider-Man that kids can relate to since he lives an extra-ordinary life. Konner is a character that needs to be hitched to Superman as closely as possible for people to want to read him.

My pitch--imagine that you're DiDo--is to make the Superboy book into a book called The House of El, comparable to the Batman and Robin. As of now, we have a very arrogant Superboy who needs to be molded into a character that will be worthy of the \S/ if anything were to happen to Superman. My pitch is to have Superman mentor Konner and teach him what it means to be a member of the Super-Family. It doesn't even have to be only Superman either: Kara, Steel, Lois and Lana can all make guest appearance so that it doesn't get too repetitive,--but Superman is the main guest star.

Throughout the book you'll have Superman teach Superboy how to be more like a Superman, you have Kara teach Konner about Krypton and his heritage, you have Lois carry him around with Jimmy Olsen--they become a best-friends--to help her do some investigative work on the field as the Daily Planet intern(Konner lives with Clark and he goes to Metropolis High where you can create a supporting cast for him that mirrors Spider-Man with a girl next door love interest, his cliche bully, his group of friends, etc...) and Steel and Lana teach him what it means to be human by making him have to work in Smallville without using his powers. Create a book where the Superman family interacts Instead of having Superboy just have an independent title.

5.) Looks like we agree.

6.) Unchained Lois was forced.

7.) I usually love her in every other medium besides comics, and recently Man of Steel made me hate her. I like Terri Hatchers Lois, I like Timm's Lois--even though he just had to pair her up with Batman because he's Bruce Timm--and I really liked Superman the Movie's Lois, even if she wasn't a very good character, she was funny and she didn't throw herself into danger hoping Superman would bail her out(besides Superman 2 where she climbed the Eifel Tower) and Smallville's Lois is my all-time favorite.

I dont hate the idea of Lois Lane; I know how impactful she is to comics. Even when pressed I always say that Lois Lane is more iconic than Wonder Woman, that's how much I respect the character of Lois Lane.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would love a more grounded story (which is obvious what we're getting), one where it's more crime fighting than science fiction, and some character development. We haven't been seeing a lot of that recently. Heck, just seeing Lois and Clark mend their relationship would be great, even if it IS just returning to the original status quo. Oh, and seeing Lois having more spotlight time would be great too

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofthechronicle:

I'm actually against anything that means Clark and Lois back together again. Has friends I'm cool with it. But lovers... I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime.

And if people want to see her so badly, might has well ask DC Comics to make a comic just with her. So she doesn't mess around with Superman comics.

Why some people seem to not be able to let go of the pair, is beyond me. It isn't like she actually brings anything worth the while to Kal's life. In fact if anything, they're the most improbable pair ever. And that's saying a lot.

The truth is, Kal doesn't need her, but she needs him. But at the same time, to fans of past continuities, it doesn't matter that she brings almost nothing to the table, or that she's so painstakingly linear has a character that she doesn't really helps Superman comics. If anything she's extra baggage. The fifth wheel.

Superman comics will never reach their full potential has long has they continue to use the "past" safe line.

If things don't exactly go their way, writers tend to backtrack and fall back to what it's safe to do. And not what it's needed to be done in order to move forward, and finally bring Superman comics to the 21st century.

I know that DC will never split those two. But they also don't need to hit the same key over and over again.

I would much prefer to see Kal, with Shay Veritas, Koriand'r, Lourdes, or another kryptonian, than to see him and Lois back again.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@heavenlydarkdragon: I was actually talking about them becoming friends again. It's pretty clear that Clark's POed at Lois for exposing his secret, so maybe just the character development of Clark forgiving her would be nice

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofthechronicle:

I'm actually against anything that means Clark and Lois back together again. Has friends I'm cool with it. But lovers... I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime.

And if people want to see her so badly, might has well ask DC Comics to make a comic just with her. So she doesn't mess around with Superman comics.

Why some people seem to not be able to let go of the pair, is beyond me. It isn't like she actually brings anything worth the while to Kal's life. In fact if anything, they're the most improbable pair ever. And that's saying a lot.

The truth is, Kal doesn't need her, but she needs him. But at the same time, to fans of past continuities, it doesn't matter that she brings almost nothing to the table, or that she's so painstakingly linear has a character that she doesn't really helps Superman comics. If anything she's extra baggage. The fifth wheel.

Superman comics will never reach their full potential has long has they continue to use the "past" safe line.

If things don't exactly go their way, writers tend to backtrack and fall back to what it's safe to do. And not what it's needed to be done in order to move forward, and finally bring Superman comics to the 21st century.

I know that DC will never split those two. But they also don't need to hit the same key over and over again.

I would much prefer to see Kal, with Shay Veritas, Koriand'r, Lourdes, or another kryptonian, than to see him and Lois back again.

Amen brotha

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I am just hoping that we have a really good Superman story. I'm not very keen on the idea of Clark's secret identity being exposed, but if this can lead to good stories and good character development then I'm all for it.

As others have mentioned I also hope that Lois can come out of this story in a positive light. She is a great character who has been under-utilised for a long time now.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofthechronicle:

Well there's only one problem. With Clark exposed the logical course of action will be to dump that alter ego altogether, at least for now.

Like he did when Nimrod the hunter was hunting for Superman human identity and he tried to prove it by blowing the Daily Star. Kal at the time was forced to kill off Clark.

But this time it's a full blown exposure of his secret identity has Superman. So in my opinion to Kal, maintaining Clark would be ridiculous. I actually believe DC should explore this, to show us him being Superman 24/7, and what impact that will have on Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Bruce and Diana.

Bruce and Diana will most likely take it with no problems, seeing that Bruce has more than in one occasion shown that he believes Kal doesn't do enough has Superman, because of the time he spends trying to be human. And Diana... Well, she never truly saw the necessity or usefulness to keeping up with a human persona.

Has for Jimmy. He might resent Lois even more than Kal, because now that the two had a tighter friendship, Lois comes and ruins everything.

Perry... I've so many thoughts about him that there's no telling how he'll react.

Has for Lois. She'll get a pass. Everyone knows that. It's not that Kal should give her a pass, but DC Comics to not infuriate the Clark and Lois fanbase, they'll in one way or another fix things up between them, even after this monumental betrayal.

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I, like most, would like this arc to end without a massive psychic mind wipe making folks forget who Clark is. I also want Superman to end it by learning that he doesn't need an identity to keep doing what he loves and not slip into perma-brood mode, or the final ties to humanity being shirked off and him gaining an arrogant god complex. This return to a more optimistic Superman should also come with a return to an actual costume. The current solicitations make Supes look like a thug to me, and the Harley isn't helping (where'd he get one, anyway? Considering circumstances, what dealer was sane enough to sell him one?).

In this line of thinking, smart money is on Lois repairing bridges with Superman by writing a follow up article explaining why the secret identity was important, likely tagging it on the end of her last "Why Superman is important" rebuttal article.

As for his powers, they'll come back to form. They honestly can't pull a stunt like taking his flight away and not expect major back lash. The lack of flying is going to be hard to take, but all the dude needs is some sunlight, and maybe he'll learn not to spam his ultra in future; use it to stop a bad guy, then spend the next 24 hours partying because you stopped said bad guy.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is hinting more likely that Lois did it to protect Superman. I am still thinking that Lois did it because she felt that the world needed a Superman thus with him Super flaring his powers she felt the world was endanger.

ManEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 268

#39  Edited By ManEl

What do I want out of "Truth"?

I want for Superman to be returned to us. The actual Kryptonian demi-god, humanized by his upbringing and history as Clark Kent.

I want for Superman not to be the whipping boy of all those Batman fans who're running rampant through DC.

I want to be able to find some redeeming qualities in Lois Lane. Because, how do you forgive the stab in the back which is her revealing Clark's identity to the world? No matter how anyone rationalizes it, there is no justification for her actions and they cannot be contemplated as anything else than the worst of betrayals. And no, the public does nothave a right to know.

Will I and the myriad of other's who I am sure share my views actually get what we want? Somehow I doubt it and fear Superman will be sacrificed at the altar of silver screen profits; or something equally inane.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JRJR out of the writing decisions.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want a superman jean suit line.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is hinting more likely that Lois did it to protect Superman. I am still thinking that Lois did it because she felt that the world needed a Superman thus with him Super flaring his powers she felt the world was endanger.

After Superman # 41 i am starting to think the same thing.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:
@darkman61288 said:

Me too. I thought since B/S it was something like that but Romita's interviews made it look like she did it just for the fame.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:
@darkman61288 said:

Me too. I thought since B/S it was something like that but Romita's interviews made it look like she did it just for the fame.

Romita may have said those things as a marketing tactic, in order to create hype.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:
@toptom said:
@darkman61288 said:

Romita may have said those things as a marketing tactic, in order to create hype.

He definitely killed any hype I had with his latest interviews. So he isn't much of a seller.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288 said:

This.

omg yes no more depressed Superman that is just the most pathetic thing to ever have to witness from a character that supposed to go to others in need and make them feel better about life. Like he has never councled somebody on loss before. So yeah no depression boy in need of meds. Oh I agree on all but the love of Lois cannot stand the character she just grates my last nerve lol. but the other things sure no self hatred please.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:
@darkman61288 said:

Began to think the same, then remembered the article by Lois that DC put out. Why would it be written that way if it was to protect him.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon said:

Began to think the same, then remembered the article by Lois that DC put out. Why would it be written that way if it was to protect him.

Βecause it was written by an editor who doesn't have a writing talent. It was a bad move either way.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just another way to pull Lois back into the story with horrible drama and bad ties. One reason I cannot stand Lois its about the look what I did idea and Clark your stealing my lime lite. What ever happened to Clark Kent the award winning writer the Clark Kent that wrote books and the Clark Kent that did more then just chase after anybody at all.

He lived his life saved the world when he could and did what anybody else would do with the ability to fly.

I hope they do not make this into some over played out drama of who am I who are you and why did I ever step on that strange device that said "do not stand here"

When they get back around to showing us why Diana was working well with Clark and really writing a good story somebody please let me know and thank you.

How hard is it to simply keep going with what you started.

Like I ordered steak and eggs and when they are halfway to my table the waitress stops turns around and brings me a salad with no dressing.

Like was this what I wanted?