What do you want in a superman game?

neale7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The only superman game I can say I’ve really played is Superman: Shadow of Apokolips. I must admit that I thought it was quite good. I played a tiny bit of Superman returns, but got bored. I saw the video for the supposed cancelled game for the PS3, and that looked cool. I’m surprised an attempt hasn’t been made to tie in with man of steel, but oh well.

So yeah,what do you guys want in a superman game?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Everything.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By Teerack

I want it to be called Supergirl and the twist will be your play as Kara and Clark isn't even in it.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extreme violence.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By UltimateSMfan

I want it to giv me the same feeling that the Arkham games gave us, that we are superman!

SliverBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting plots and scenarios, nice graphics, realistic situations and ACTION.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

RIngs! I want RINGS!

.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make a Superman game based off of Last Son, in which you play through most of the story as Lex Luthor. Don't worry, you play as Superman plenty, but a lot of the campaign will focus on Lex Luthor fighting an invasion force of Kryptonian criminals, breaking villains like Parasite and Metallo out of prison to aid in his fight, and eventually, begrudgingly, backing up the Man of Steel in the final clash with General Zod and his cronies.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a superman game where you feel LIKE SUPERMAN. Sort of like a cross between Superman Returns, that old flash video game that never got released, and DC Universe Online.

I like the idea of the city having a health meter that you have to keep from reaching below zero...but I ALSO like the idea of Superman needing a health meter too when he really needs it like when he's fighting stuff that actually DO pose threats to him...

and I like the idea of MIXING THE THREATS TO THE CITY AND HIM to make things even more challenging in certain places by giving those two valid ways of loosing (the city being wrecked, or Supes kicking the bucket).

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also want LOTS of set piece fights and battles with foes or threats that can actually pose a MASSIVE danger to Supes and the the Metropolis, like Tidal Waves, Floods, Hurricanes, giant Meteors, fights with Mongul, fights with Doomsday, fights with Parasite, fights with Bizarro, fights with Mr. Myxyplitlik, etc, etc, etc.

I'd also like a story like the Arkham games as well as some sort of Mystery involved.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Silver age powers

I want to sneeze planets and move planets dangit

with ease and slap angels in the face

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uhh how about make a game that doesn't suck for once, and then worry about everything else later.

young_beamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think a superman game needs to have some type of theme like an extremely violent game with some type of scenario like how arkham put batman in arkham asylum. he was enclosed, confined and totally at the will of merciless criminals. superman needs limits.

Shajita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to play and FEEL like Superman, but a weakened one. Come up with an interesting story idea for why Superman would be vulnerable, able to move just fast enough to get an insane sense of speed but not so fast that he's impossible to control, and strong enough to fight giant alien monsters and robots, but not strong enough to one-hit kill everything. A playable Superman.

Once that is out of the way... *ahem* Open-world Metropolis with the ability to explore the Fortress of Solitude and Smallville, varied and interesting sidequests, the ability to unlock and level up your abilities, a combo system for fighting enemies, minigames (Timetrials for flight, arena style battles, freaking pizza delivery, go crazy with them) the Superman Animated Series and Justice League voice cast, cameos, unlockable costumes based on his 75 year long past, and finally... I want Clark Kent to play an active role. Part of being Superman, is being Clark Kent. I want to be able to change into Clark, and interact with various characters in other ways than I normally would. Aggressively interview Lex Luthor, get schooled by Perry, be awkward around Lois, stuff like that.

I didn't mention the main story because, I'm pretty sure we all want the same thing. Most of Supermans rouge gallery is on the lose, and the man of steel have to set things right or die trying.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shajita said:

I want to play and FEEL like Superman, but a weakened one. Come up with an interesting story idea for why Superman would be vulnerable, able to move just fast enough to get an insane sense of speed but not so fast that he's impossible to control, and strong enough to fight giant alien monsters and robots, but not strong enough to one-hit kill everything. A playable Superman.

Once that is out of the way... *ahem* Open-world Metropolis with the ability to explore the Fortress of Solitude and Smallville, varied and interesting sidequests, the ability to unlock and level up your abilities, a combo system for fighting enemies, minigames (Timetrials for flight, arena style battles, freaking pizza delivery, go crazy with them) the Superman Animated Series and Justice League voice cast, cameos, unlockable costumes based on his 75 year long past, and finally... I want Clark Kent to play an active role. Part of being Superman, is being Clark Kent. I want to be able to change into Clark, and interact with various characters in other ways than I normally would. Aggressively interview Lex Luthor, get schooled by Perry, be awkward around Lois, stuff like that.

I didn't mention the main story because, I'm pretty sure we all want the same thing. Most of Supermans rouge gallery is on the lose, and the man of steel have to set things right or die trying.

This.

Also, I'd like there to be sections were you interview people, but you get to choose how you want to interview them. Do you get aggressive, act spineless or be more neutral.

I'd like the parts in which you were Clark to have some kind of suspicion meter or something and if you act a certain way people figure out you're Superman and you fail. There should also be sections were you're with Lois as Clark, but you have to stop disasters without being caught using your powers.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By w0nd

@shajita said:

This.

Also, I'd like there to be sections were you interview people, but you get to choose how you want to interview them. Do you get aggressive, act spineless or be more neutral.

I'd like the parts in which you were Clark to have some kind of suspicion meter or something and if you act a certain way people figure out you're Superman and you fail. There should also be sections were you're with Lois as Clark, but you have to stop disasters without being caught using your powers.

no game has nailed that yet, when ever you interview someone your questions are either super nice, not caring, or you're Hitler interrogating someone you captured. and the suspicion meters are broken like in prototype. I just fell 500 ft and landed in front of you but that's normal.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@comicstooge said:
@shajita said:

This.

no game has nailed that yet, when ever you interview someone your questions are either super nice, not caring, or you're Hitler interrogating someone you captured. and the suspicion meters are broken like in prototype. I just fell 500 ft and landed in front of you but that's normal.

Well, that's one thing a potential Superman game could do right.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

like someone else mentioned have a reason why superman could be hurt..... " hmm seems that (insert reason here) has effected my invulnerability and strength" he will still be strong but vulnerable part of the plot would involve stopping what ever is causing this, which would be a part of a bigger plot as well. Once the game is beaten invincibility would be a cheat to start a new game with it, or getting a certain amount of stuff would give you the option to buy invincibility like any other game with cheats.

Shajita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ I dunno. When you're already tackling Superman, a character who's never been done true justice in a big budget action game before, attempting to improve on the open-ended conversations that Mass Effect and L.A. Noir, two games that sells themselves on the concept, have not been able to perfect, may not be a smart move.

Also, and this is just me, while I would like to play as Kent and interact with the Superman cast, throwing in a suspicion meter would only limit what you're actually able to do in the game. Let's face it, getting caught is almost certainly game over, meaning that you will have to limit everything you say and do. While that is very Superman-like, does it really make for a compelling gaming experience?

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I personally wouldn't like to play a game with a weakened or younger and weaker Superman, which seem to be popular ideas, because when I play a Superman game I want to be Superman, not "weaker Superman", SUPERman, the same way the Arkham games allow you to be THE Batman and not "newbie Batman".

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

First off, I want a story that doesn't blow. Then, good flying mechanics, open world, heat vision/ice breath, x-ray vision, super strength. I want to be able to smash and level things with my fists and heat rays.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A open world game, a huge place to explore. I want Superman to be fast but not as fast as in Superman returns game. Like Prototype 2 fully upgraded speed fast, maybe a bit faster than that, but not insanely fast. Strength again, not huge, but at least you should be able to punch cars and they should go flying away. Heat vision should be not as glitchy and actually burn stuff. Oh and the villain should be Darksied. The game should be a lot like prototype, and of course I would like good gameplay, great story, and online mode where you create your own krpytonians and send them into battle.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By w0nd

@jldoom said:

I personally wouldn't like to play a game with a weakened or younger and weaker Superman, which seem to be popular ideas, because when I play a Superman game I want to be Superman, not "weaker Superman", SUPERman, the same way the Arkham games allow you to be THE Batman and not "newbie Batman".

true but then how would you go about that....the only reason superman gets knocked around most of the time is because he is holding back....how would you die or lose in this game if you are not weakened or depowered?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I want to play as Zod and cause mayhem and destruction, fully destructible environment, fly through buildings etc :p

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jldoom said:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell....

No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A good superman game is what i want

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JLDoom

@w0nd: Superman has plenty of powerful enemies, it's not like only two of them can give him a real challenge. Plus, the Superman Returns game had the idea of giving Metropolis a life bar instead of to Superman. So the more destroyed Metropolis gets, the closer you are to a game over.

@jonsmith: Obviously not what I meant :p

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jldoom said:

@w0nd: Superman has plenty of powerful enemies, it's not like only two of them can give him a real challenge. Plus, the Superman Returns game had the idea of giving Metropolis a life bar instead of to Superman. So the more destroyed Metropolis gets, the closer you are to a game over.

@jonsmith: Obviously not what I meant :p

yes he has powerful enemies, but I don't know any type of game without random thugs and goons and general bad guys to beat up. any time someone mentions a superman game and i ask who he will beat up they go dooms day, brainiac, darkseid and they list big baddies, well ok but in between that who is he going to fight? As for the city health bar does that mean you can't use your environment because any time you pick up something to use against your opponent it damages the city? Did it work out well in superman returns? i never played it.

Shajita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving the city a lifebar is stupid. While it makes sense from a story and character perspective, it means that every second in conflict, is timed. By design, it discourages you getting crazy and experimenting with the options available to you, since doing so wastes your time.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: I personally have never played Superman Returns, I guess the mechanics don't have to be necessarily the same between games anyway. Basically, the idea of city life bar offers an interesting dichtomy: do I use all my power and start spamming heat vision and throwing cars like crazy, or do I hold back for the sake of thecity? It's the same stuff Superman has to go through, he has to defeat his enemy without destroying Metropolis, so this allows the game to have enemies that arent that tough yet still give you a challenge. That doesn't mean you can't have big epic battles though, Metropolis is big and its life bar should be huge. You can go crazy sometimes, just not TOO crazy.

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shajita:

Let's face it.

Superman himself is invincible. Even when he's killed, he comes back to life.

Giving the city a lifebar states his objective and shows that just because he survives, it doesn't mean that he wins.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By w0nd

@pcn24454 said:

@shajita:

Let's face it.

Superman himself is invincible. Even when he's killed, he comes back to life.

Giving the city a lifebar states his objective and shows that just because he survives, it doesn't mean that he wins.

no one has been smart enough to kill him...he is invincible because everyone else sucks. Cut off his head with a kryptonite blade...don't leave his body in one piece so it can heal. Cut out his heart...I don't know the options are all there :P

If the city had a health bar I would miss the prototype stuff...oh look a water tower, my new club. Imagine a fight that you see on tv ? That fight between him and captain marvel? amazing, the city got leveled! i would miss it.

Kentabulous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Powers: with the exception of X-ray vision, super hearing and microscopic/telescopic vision, you have access to all your powers from the very beginning. X-ray/microscopic/telescopic vision and super hearing can be used in minigames (ex: need to use x-ray vision to find a hidden bomb, or something like that). Also using them in combination (flying at superspeed using heat vision)

Enemies: Luthor(in a battlesuit), Brainiac, Mongul, Darkseid, Doomsday for boss fights with various general bad guys to fight (Luthor can have genetically enhanced thugs, Brainiac can use his drones and Darkseid can use parademons.

Enviromment destruction: maybe I've been spoiled by Injustice gods among us, but I like seeing the environment get damaged. When Superman lands powerfully, their should be a crater where he lands. If Superman happens to punch a building, there should be a hole.

The Lifebar: how much damage can Metropolis take before you loose. When Superman is fighting someone that can actually hurt him, then he has a lifebar of his own.

Suits: The New 52 could be the primary, but also the Action Comics #1 suit from 1938, the Jeans and T-shirt, the classic, Smallville season 11 suit, Superman Returns, Man of Steel

Locations: Metropolis(obviously) but also the Fortress of Solitiude. The Fortress could be a place where you can look at cutscenes, change costumes, train(upgrade abilities)etc.

Cameos: Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Supergirl

Voice: Superman:either Tim Daly or George Newbern

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

Silver age powers

LOL!

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

Silver age powers

LOL!

When is the last time you sneeze a galaxy to oblivion in a video game?

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: never, and that would be awesome!

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion: when was the last time you travel so fast that you reach another universe?

___

try playing asura's wrath

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Press Oblivion

@nerx: i'll check it out :)

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nerx
Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mr_Winchester

To be honest my main hope is for them to nail the combat and flight. So far the best flight I've seen in a video game is from a just cause 2 mod lol

Loading Video...

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By sinestro_GL

I remember doing a thread like this a while ago...there were some great ideas there LINK