What do u like and hate about superman

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just gonna stick to the New 52 Superman, if you don't mind.

What I like about Superman, is the fact the he inspires hope and the best in people that want to do good, that he gives everyone a chance of redemption even when no one else seems to believe that person can redeem himself. He'll put his life on the line for anyone, and he most often worries more about other people safety than his own. And he's loyal to a fault, too much if you'd ask me.

What I don't like about him:

- He's always limiting himself. Even when his life might be in danger he rarely lets go and gives it all he's got.

- He spends to much time has Clark Kent. If he would use is Clark Kent alter ego, for greater purposes, then there woudn't be any problem, but Clark has he is, he's mostly useless. That all reporter stuff to me is outdated. He should be a scientist. Working on his own company or as a freelancer, helping mankind solve the issues that torment humanity. That way he could save the world has Superman and has Clark Kent.

- He never explores the limits of his powers. Not just the limits but other ways from him to get stronger. He could explore the effect of other more powerful classes of stars or energies, on his physiology, but he doesn't. I'm not talking about making him all-powerful, but has his enemies grow in number and in strength then so should he be more powerful. Why doesn't he uses his incredible mind, to study kryptonite and all its isotopes, and try to create new artifial types of kryptonite that could help him not only grow stronger, but also help him develop new powers.

- And last but not least, he could be proactive instead of just beeing just reactive. He acts only when things happen, and he doesn't intervene in the global problems, like for example, wars. He sometimes spends so much time solving the big galactic problems, that the small problems are totally unseen by him.

When other characters say that he's the most powerful being on Earth, or one of the most powerful, I always say "He could be. But he's not. Not because he can't, but because he won't do it".

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By redwingx

I hate how OP he is. Theres no reason for him to be THAT powerful.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Night4345
@redwingx said:

In what way?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He's my all time favourite character because there's nothing I hate about him. The Boy Scout persona. The outlandish powers( he's called SUPERman for a reason). The big red S. Hell even the pants. My favourite characters all have things I don't like or annoy me. But big blue is number one for that reason. The dude freely gives up his time to protect people. He's not driven by revenge or anything else. He's driven to save people because he wants too. For that reason he stands above all the others.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is my second favorite character ever. There's so many things to like about him, it would be pretty hard to narrow him down. He's who I aspire to be, and model myself after. There aren't many things not to like about him, he's Superman, but what I don't like about him is how neurotic he is at times and Clark Kent. He's getting better, but sometimes he stresses too much over things. I want him to embrace who he is and not worry so much.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I love his over the top strength, his personality - he is one of the few superheroes who is a genuiene gentleman without trying to be funny or broody.

I don't like the fluxuation of his powers, always having the strength the story requires.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how he is one of the people with all that power and still stays true. And he isnt a jerk about it like some people *cough Thor cough*

I hate that all his problems can be fixed by trying harder. He is the embodiment of perfect . Like is his thought process "It didn't break... Guess i wasn't hitting it hard enough.

Avatar image for doctorthomaselliot
DoctorThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love his morals, his compassion, and his ability to inspire others.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@redwingx said:

What do you mean specifically? Do you have any examples of him being OP?