• 56 results
#1 Edited by Z3RO180 (6533 posts) - - Show Bio

Between the Man of Steel costume and New 52 which costume is YOUR favourite ?

#2 Edited by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the n52 better than the Man of Steel aesthetic. It seems more practical and I don't like that the S shield on the MoS costume is all textured.

#3 Posted by Dernman (15072 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the armor of the new 52. If they made it a suit I would like that better.

#4 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

mos for live action. new 52 for comics.

#5 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS. I'm not crazy about it, but the nu-52 suit still makes me cringe a little.

#6 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer armor costume for Superman that is in the Iron Man style. The texture of the movie costume looks like a sofa.

#7 Posted by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel, not a fan of the v-neck or all those pointless lines.

#9 Posted by w0nd (3386 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked the new 52 costume in injustice, but on paper all those lines just bother me

#10 Posted by Xwraith (18039 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52

#11 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Not too many of the illustrators do the n52 look well. It fits best when Jim Lee does it. Rocafort's version is good too.

#12 Posted by The_Tree (7447 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52. Man of Steel's is too dark and has the texture of a basketball.

#13 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Yeah, too dark. I don't mind the texture on the suit so much as I do on the shield, would stand off better if it was smooth and had a little shine to it.

#14 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Hits the nail right on the head there for me.

#15 Posted by Perethorn (3393 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel. I hate the neck of the new 52 suit.

#16 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

They're both problems because of the lack of red underpants.

#17 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668: The red underwear needed to go. After the 1980s, it started looking unacceptable IMO.

Plus, it doesn't look like his mom made his costume for him anymore--thank Jebus.

#18 Posted by God_Spawn (37871 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS

#19 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc movie costume design does seem to have a recycle theme : Green Lantern movie costume looks like recycled tires, and superman movie costume looks like recycled basketballs.

#22 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: I thought Reynold's Green Lantern looked like a gummy worm or some gummy candy.

They should have gone with this:

#23 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the texture. It keeps him from looking cosplay, and it looks alien, which is cool.

#24 Edited by Superboy101 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer MoS

#25 Posted by theoneA7 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52, but I wish the belt was yellow though. However, the Man of Steel looks pretty good too.

#26 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:

They're both problems because of the lack of red underpants.

LOL!

#27 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel because it is the perfect example of how to do a Superman costume without the briefs and it isn't FREAKING ARMOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 Edited by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-New 52

#29 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33338 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both but I would prefer this

#30 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52, though I like both.

#31 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs a belt, there's like a void on the lower half of his body that must be filled

#32 Posted by Akindoodle (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the fact that the N52 is armour instead of a suit. It makes no f*cking sense! But the MoS version's rather bleak. He needs a belt or something to break up all the blue around his middle.

#33 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both but I would prefer this

This would have been better.

#34 Posted by Z3RO180 (6533 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: why is that costume considered to be better its quite ugly IMO.

#35 Posted by w0nd (3386 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@sandman_: why is that costume considered to be better its quite ugly IMO.

because it is also an opinion, that's really the only reason why lol...

#36 Posted by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

MOS I guess. I don't really care, as long as he doesn't have any wear underwear on top of his pants.

#37 Edited by lightsout (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

N52. It's finally grown on me after this long (though still prefer pre52). Maybe MoS would too, but right now I agree with everyone before me, that the darkness & the texture is weird (& the S is changed too much).

#38 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

The New 52 suit has definitely grown on me and I'd say I prefer it but only ever so slightly.

#39 Posted by RDClip (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

If the MOS costume didn't have so much texturing on it, it would be pretty cool. I like the new high collar on the n52 suit, add a bit of nobility to the character.

#40 Edited by superbatspiderclops (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the man on steel suit in the sense of "running around to save the day"

#41 Edited by PowerOfTheSun (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Both have grown on me recently but i have to go with new 52

#42 Edited by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

MOS is more practical for the movies, I like it for the movie, but the comic version looks great as well but would require heavy CG to make it look good in the movie which is not easy as we saw with the Lanterns. I like Both in their respective formats.

AND THANK GOD FOR NO RED TRUNKS! Wearing your draws on the outside is for over-the-top Emos, Mexican wrestlers, and people who want to look funny while working out...

Superman don't play that!

#44 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the new 52 "armor" on Superman, possibly my favourite Superman costume yet. The MoS suit definitely needs a belt or something, too much blue on blue, needs a bit more red but that's just me. If they could of integrated the new 52 suit into the film using CG successfully, I would of absolutely loved it, but to be honest beggars can't be choosers.

#46 Edited by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I prefer the New 52 costume. I really like its armor-like quality

#47 Posted by Z3RO180 (6533 posts) - - Show Bio

@enigmalantern: I don't think they would make the costume CGI if they put it in a movie

#48 Posted by w0nd (3386 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the fact that the N52 is armour instead of a suit. It makes no f*cking sense! But the MoS version's rather bleak. He needs a belt or something to break up all the blue around his middle.

What about it doesn't make sense lol? He found some old armor his people use to wear

#49 Posted by Akindoodle (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@akindoodle said:

What about it doesn't make sense lol? He found some old armor his people use to wear

He's the MAN OF STEEL for a reason. He's got indestructible skin for crying out loud. Armour's just redundant and I mean IRL not in comic world. I speak from a design standpoint (with what little questionable knowledge I have)

#50 Posted by danhimself (22534 posts) - - Show Bio

I really can't believe that they shot the entirety of Man of Steel and not once did someone say "hey you know this suit might look a bit better if Henry Cavill didn't have an afro growing out of the top of the suit"