#1 Posted by Squalleon (4538 posts) - - Show Bio

Are any stories you consider underrated?

the ones I think are Superman : Coming of Atlas and the two-parter Superman : Shadow's Linger. People don't give these stories enough credit. Incredible art and wonderful script by Busiek. Do you like these stories?

#2 Posted by Lvenger (19251 posts) - - Show Bio

Must There be a Superman is underrated IMO. Maggin cleared the way for mature, serious, complex storytelling about the superhero's place in the world.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Must There be a Superman is underrated IMO. Maggin cleared the way for mature, serious, complex storytelling about the superhero's place in the world.

His whole run is great as well as his novels.

BB

#4 Edited by Lvenger (19251 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

BB

Indeed. One of my top ten favourite writers. His Action Comics run is one of my favourites.

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@billy_batson said:

@lvenger said:

BB

Indeed. One of my top ten favourite writers. His Action Comics run is one of my favourites.

Have you read his Superman novels?
BB

#6 Posted by Lvenger (19251 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@billy_batson said:

@lvenger said:

BB

BB

I've heard of one where Superman fights some embodiment of the Devil but aside from that, no.

#7 Edited by Squalleon (4538 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@billy_batson said:

@lvenger said:

@billy_batson said:

@lvenger said:

BB

BB

I've heard of one where Superman fights some embodiment of the Devil but aside from that, no.

I think that Miracle Monday is considered his best novel but i may be wrong.(which is the one with the "devil")

#8 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I've heard they are worth really good and worth reading.

BB

#9 Edited by Lvenger (19251 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I've heard they are worth really good and worth reading.

BB

I might have to check them out then.

#10 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Still staying probably one of my fav

#11 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Need to read some Maggins work.

#12 Edited by lifeofvibe (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: dose alternate demesion storys count?

#13 Posted by Squalleon (4538 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: Sure.
Anything from team-ups,to novels,movies etc

#14 Edited by Night Thrasher (3676 posts) - - Show Bio

New Krypton

#15 Edited by Endanger (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Return to Krypton, Gang Wars, Saga of the Kryptonite Man, The first Maxima story, Majestic in Metropolis, The Dominus Effect

#16 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman: Peace on Earth

Superman: For All Seasons

#17 Edited by SmashBrawler (5621 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Inc.

#18 Posted by lifeofvibe (3470 posts) - - Show Bio