Top 10 Wishlist- Superman and the DCCU

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Edited By SaintWildcard

In honor of the currently released BvS trailer I thought I do something special. I didn't wanna do an other blog praising it, because while I did love the trailer, it didn't get me anymore hyped than I already was (I'm like at an 11 right now). I also was planning on doing this for Man of Steel month, but maybe decided what the hey. I'm going to try and refrain from just putting what characters I wanna see. These are the top 10 things I want to see in Superman's world.

Suicide Jumper

Probability-90%
Probability-90%

Ah yes, this fan favorite scene from a fan favorite comic. While I wasn't all that impressed with the story, it's hard to deny the powerful meaning of this scene. I can definitely see this happening in a movie, maybe in the beginning of a movie in which we see Cav-El do all these amazing things and notices this girl... boy... I don't know what that goth kid is. Point is, Clark doesn't catch them but talks to them before trying to commit the jump. And cue the onion ninjas!

Death

Probability- 60%
Probability- 60%

Probably the most powerful and newsworthy death in comics. While it is traditionally Doomsday that did it, I wouldn't mind if Superman dies in a JL movie trying to do something that no one else can and dies at the very end. He comes back in an other movie. That of course would present a challenge as to how to do that and how you keep the return a secret from the media but I think it be a cool way to do the death.

Lex Luthor Battle Suit

Probability- 20%
Probability- 20%

Since we couldn't get a strong strapping Luthor, that is why I don't see this Jesse's Luthor using his suit himself. Although, depending on Luthor's ego in the movie, he might do it.

Sun Dipping

Probability- 30%
Probability- 30%

Couldn't find a better example of Sun Dipping, but this will have to do. Most would call this a Deux Machina.... and they'd be right. But that doesn't change that I wanna see it. Maybe Clark get's knocked into the sun by a villain, or something. But in order to avoid it being used of offer up an explanation as to why he doesn't use it all the time, they could say that Sun Dipping hurts him and doing it long enough would kill him. Or save it for a final Superman movie.

Giving Batman Kryptonite

Probability- 85%
Probability- 85%

I was gonna put Batman and Superman fight, but that's obviously coming soon. This scene also seems like it might happen, but nothing is confirmed yet. I can see that at the end of the movie Clark hands the Kryptonite to Bruce for safe keeping. But maybe it won't happen in this one but maybe in a JL movie. I'd also like to see that Bruce already had a piece stashed away just in case but starts to gain trust in Clark because of this.

Trained by Bruce/Diana

Probability- 35%
Probability- 35%

One of the things that was painfully obvious in MoS was that Clark has no fight experience. In fact, Cav-El asked Snyder if he had to learn any fight moves, to which he responded no. Clark has never had to really fight anyone. So I can see Clark learning to spar with Diana or Bruce teaching him some moves. Now, I do have a low percentage, but that's cus I believe they might not show the training, but just reference it.

Superman vs Ultraman

Probability- 10000000%
Probability- 10000000%

Okay, they aren't that high but a boy can dream. It's no secret that I love Ultraman, and he even has a slight edge on Superman for me. I can't explain it, but it just hits all my fanboy buttons right. Geoff Johns gave him an amazing origin, and it lies in it's simplicity. I was never a fan of the Astronaut origin. BUt him appearing would also mean that the Crime Syndicate is around and this would possibly happen in a CoiE story line. Many people say that DC would never do it, I disagree. I think it will happen cus the Crisis is DC's big story line, just like Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet is theirs. It might not happen soon, but I see it happening maybe 10-15 years down the road. My dream scenario would be Cav-El and Cav-Il fighting, when Cav-L comes in and stops the fight.

Flash Race

Probability- 100%
Probability- 100%

Now, I don't mean it has to be a flat out race, but a test of their speeds. Anyone who know's Flash knows that he is much faster than Superman. But I'd like to see it as they start out close to each other in speed (with Flash having a slight edge of course) , but as the movies go on the gap between them widens.

Kandor

Probability- 95%
Probability- 95%

Can't comment much on this one, know enough about it. It's high percentage is due to it being Braniac's claim to fame. That City Thief. And I doubt that if Braniac shows up, he won't have Kandor on him.

President Lex

Probability- 75%
Probability- 75%

This is too huge of an arc to pass up. Unlike the low chances of the battle suit, I can see this Luthor as more of a manipulative cunning Lex. And he's gonna need that to win the Presidency. Luthor has to be the Loki of the DC universe. He has to appear anywhere. Nowhere would his presence be more felt as if he took the White House.

Now let's take a look at some out there ones...

Superman Family- It's not entirely impossible, and you might even think it's unfair for Batman to have his family but not Clark. I only think it won't happen because I have no idea how they can have a Supergirl, if Clark is the first natural birth in centuries. In fact, a plot hole in the movie is how is their a HOuse of El? All the DNA comes from one skull. Although, Superboy and Steel are still possibilities. Krypto not so much, sorry boy.

LEGION of Superheroes- THis is too big of a storyline to half ass. Obviously I don't mean Clark trained with them as a kid, but maybe they come to him for help for the first time. Either way, this plot line is too huge and requires a whole movie onto itself.

Superman/Wonder WOman- It's no secret that I'm a fan of the current status quo and find the pairing interesting. Sadly I don't see this happening (but as long as the BM/WW pairing doesn't happen, I'm cool). I honestly do like the Lois and Clark dynamic in the movies and I'm glad they aren't going to do the song and dance of Lois not knowing. But if it were to happen, it be much later on and Lois would have to die.

Mr. Mxy- I doubt many of you thought it could happen. I can see it happening as an explanation for Clark being clumsy. Mr. Mxy is playing pranks on Clark and we the audience take it as him being dorky Clark Kent. In the end or in easter egg fashion, we see maybe a Magician poster of Mr. Mxy or a orange/purple out of place item in every scene that Clark fumbles at something.

Thoughts? What are some things you'd like to see?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#1  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

THe suicide scene NEEDS to happen sometime

~MiB

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

these are all great and i'd love to see them happen

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Yeah agree with all of it. My one wish for the list is we get a Speech from Clark talking about his true power and unleashing it on the Face of Darkseid.

May be from the JLU Show but it was Badass no matter how you look at it.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry but BM/WW is happening.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THe suicide scene NEEDS to happen sometime

~MiB

Considering how much they copied from those stories, I can't imagine they don't copy this. I honestly expect it to happen in BvS.

Yeah agree with all of it. My one wish for the list is we get a Speech from Clark talking about his true power and unleashing it on the Face of Darkseid.

When making this list, I didn't want to list just fights. Darkseid is obviously going to happen and they will fight. How well Clark will do is up to them.

I want to see him as best man at Wonder Woman and Batman's wedding. It would really be cool to show the relationship go from "you will bleed" to best friend.

No duh, which is why I put it in that section. I'd like to see it happen, but it's at a very low percentage IMO. Like, way below 10%.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@saintwildcard: I have no doubt Darkseid will stomp Clark in a 1v1. I more want the speech of how Clark truly is the most powerful thing protecting earth.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There are so many grammatical errors in this, I wanna die. Also, way to steal all of my ideas from FB.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are so many grammatical errors in this, I wanna die. Also, way to steal all of my ideas from FB.

*put on sunglasses*

#HalfAssed4Life

And you are so full of it. YOu didn't help me at all!

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know the DCCU isn't the DCTVU in any medium but, just saying they kind of did the Superman/Ultraman gig in Smallville and Legion stories and President Luthor in the finale/future.

Would love to see the kryptonite scene happen probably will in BvS or JL movies at some point I'd imagine.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zaied

Superman and Shazam vs Black Adam is what I want to see.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I see a couple of my ideas made it to the list.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

If there is to be a sparring partner, it HAS to be Wonder Woman. If Batman ends up teaching Superman how to fight ... it's kind of awkward and insulting. Wonder Woman is a MUCH better fit for that role.

I think it's more likely (and better) to see him battle Bizarro rather than Ultra Man

Death of Superman? No way.

The suicide jumper scene? Nah.

Lex Luther battle suit? At some stage, Yes.

President Lex? Not sure. Could go either way.

Kandor? Yes. But we'd probably need to see Brainiac first.

Superman and Wonder Woman hooking up at some stage ... possibly Justice League part 2? DEFINITELY YES!!!!!!

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They have to use that suicide at some point.

Also SM/WW sucks........ I prefer Bats and WW

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SaintWildcard

@godzilla44 said:

Out of all the things you focus on, you focus in the area with no pictures an on things I said have a low change of ever happening? Also, take your nonsense ship that goes nowhere and is only used to show that Batman can get any chick and cram it in the sewer where it belongs!

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44 said:

Out of all the things you focus on, you focus in the area with no pictures an on things I said have a low change of ever happening? Also, take your nonsense ship that goes nowhere and is only used to show that Batman can get any chick and cram it in the sewer where it belongs!

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probability-90%

Whoa. How did you come to this conclusion?

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Nice wish list, The Jumper scene and Flash race are at the top for me for what i really want to see in this dccu.

Kandor and president Lex are exciting as well.

The Legion, though it would be awesome to portray the future legacy of superheroes and in particular superman, is too big a concept for a movie just IMO, unless it's written (and directed of course) immaculately.

About mr. Mxyzptlk, if they can pull of a sandman movie they might be able to do this. And he doesn't have to be the main villain. That movie can't be very serious though, it'd be a mind#%c&.

My ultimate wish for the next Superman movie- It should be an adapted screenplay of the already amazing Superman vs The Elite script and called 'Man Of Tomorrow'. Hopefully the main premise of that movie can be built towards, i.e Superman refraining from lethal force while dealing with super-villains and so on...And we get the 'Dreams save us' speech on the silver screen....I get goosebumps just thinking about it. In my head, i'm already writing screenplays for it.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman and Wonder Woman pairing is wayy better lol

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

Probability-90%

Whoa. How did you come to this conclusion?

IT's a fan favorite scene. Very impactful and shows the kind of person Superman is.... plus it's pretty cheap to do.

Batman and Wonder Woman pairing is wayy better lol

No, not in the least. Bruce Timm just did it cus he had nothing to do with Diana. He never even made them stay together in Batman Beyond.

I was confused, I read it wrong. I doubt it. I think they'll want WW to date Steve Trevor.

Kandor and president Lex are exciting as well.

The Legion, though it would be awesome to portray the future legacy of superheroes and in particular superman, is too big a concept for a movie just IMO, unless it's written (and directed of course) immaculately.

About mr. Mxyzptlk, if they can pull of a sandman movie they might be able to do this. And he doesn't have to be the main villain. That movie can't be very serious though, it'd be a mind#%c&.

My ultimate wish for the next Superman movie- It should be an adapted screenplay of the already amazing Superman vs The Elite script and called 'Man Of Tomorrow'. Hopefully the main premise of that movie can be built towards, i.e Superman refraining from lethal force while dealing with super-villains and so on...And we get the 'Dreams save us' speech on the silver screen....I get goosebumps just thinking about it. In my head, i'm already writing screenplays for it.

I doubt they'll do anything with Kandor outside of just showing the bottled city. Could be wrong, though.

I honestly wouldn't want a movie that focuses on Mr. Mxy that much. Only place he should play a big role is in a Multiverse movie.

Heh, not sure they can do a VS THe Elite story after MoS where he snapped Zod's neck, I know a few people who would be annoyed by that.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, why do so many people come in here to complain about one concept that even I think won't happen? Focus on the Top 10 people, JEEZ!

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Kuso baka! That doesn't mean it warrants a 90% chance of happening!

In fact, I'd say that every one of these scenarios is under 50%. Except for the Flash one.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Batman with Diana is an awful idea. He needs to be with either Catwoman or Talia.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

@saintwildcard: Kuso baka! That doesn't mean it warrants a 90% chance of happening!

In fact, I'd say that every one of these scenarios is under 50%. Except for the Flash one.

Oh shut up you numb skull. If that's what you think, fine. BUt those are just my estimations and junk, BUt I tend to be right about these sort of things. Idiota!

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome thread man...I like the way you think..that suicide scene and flash race needs to happen may be in the jl movie they will race.that relationship thing happy with either but I guess clark will stay wiyth lois and diana will go to Steve.

I would love to se death of superman or All star superman...maybe at the end of jl 2 they will kill superman because the threat was so big superman had to sacrifice himself to save humanity and the all those superman haters will realise the importance of Superman and in MoS 2 probably the next big bad come and then Superman will rise from the grave and save the world again..BTW for me I would love to see Metalo or Mongul for MoS 2.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By terry2012

these are all great and i'd love to see them happen

@zaied said:

Superman and Shazam vs Black Adam is what I want to see.

I see a couple of my ideas made it to the list.

This

Awesome thread man...I like the way you think..that suicide scene and flash race needs to happen may be in the jl movie they will race.that relationship thing happy with either but I guess clark will stay wiyth lois and diana will go to Steve.

I would love to se death of superman or All star superman...maybe at the end of jl 2 they will kill superman because the threat was so big superman had to sacrifice himself to save humanity and the all those superman haters will realise the importance of Superman and in MoS 2 probably the next big bad come and then Superman will rise from the grave and save the world again..BTW for me I would love to see Metalo or Mongul for MoS 2.

Me too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice blog, @saintwildcard, these are all things that would be awesome for the DCCU. The suicide jumper one would be awesome to see on big screen, though I can imagine the internet's reaction. "Hurr durr, Superman should've just snapped her neck hahahahahahah". Sigh, I could probably see that. As for things I want to see in the film, I'd settle for the saving scenes we've seen in the trailer.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He Sun Dips in MOS but I agree with everything else.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

He Sun Dips in MOS but I agree with everything else.

No he doesn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a whole movie centered around Jimmy Olsen trying to trick Superman into telling him his secret identity.

Seriously though, I just want Superman's villain to be a mental threat instead of the disaster porn that was MoS. It would be nice for the sequel to take cues from All-Star Superman, but I just don't see that happening unfortunately.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Lvenger

@ultimatesmfan: It would be completely hypocritical for any DCCU Superman to even attempt a Superman vs The Elite/Action Comics #775 storyline. Considering MOS and the lacking moral fibre of this Superman and the other heroes, the Elite would probably be genocidal maniacs who want to nuke every city in massive explosions and disaster porn that would make Michael Bay say "Woah that's a little bit too far guys" -_-

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: yes he does, when he tells the humans about the phantom drive plan he flies up to power up because he knew he would've been weakened when he goes near the world engine.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Passing on the jumper scene would be a huge missed opportunity to make Clark more human for the audience. That's the top of my list.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

@saintwildcard: yes he does, when he tells the humans about the phantom drive plan he flies up to power up because he knew he would've been weakened when he goes near the world engine.

That's not sun dipping. That's just powering up. Sun DIpping requires him to dip into the sun. I also don't recall him powering up, he simply flew to the World Engine.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

That's not sun dipping. That's just powering up. Sun DIpping requires him to dip into the sun. I also don't recall him powering up, he simply flew to the World Engine.

Yup

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard:

It's going to happen, prepare to have your jimmies rustled

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard:

Doubt it. Especially considering who they have said might be Steve Trevor.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, why do so many people come in here to complain about one concept that even I think won't happen? Focus on the Top 10 people, JEEZ!

No Caption Provided

Anywho...

The suicide thing is going to come off as hammy no matter how well it's performed, so I wouldn't even try it, and personally I don't really care to see it.

I'd be cool with Death of Superman, but preferably at the hands of Doomsday. As for keeping his return a secret, we kind of already know how that story goes so no point in trying to hide it. How his return is handled will be what they need to worry about.

I'm pretty sure the Battlesuit was confirmed for Lex at some point.

In all honesty, the training is pointless for Superman. Or at least it should be. He's no Martial Artist, and shouldn't be portrayed as one unless he's learning Torquasm Rao and/or Vo from Supergirl.

I'd personally prefer to see Wonder Woman and Superman be a thing, but in all honesty, I doubt Superman is dating anyone other than Lois Lane here. Still, Batman's likely not getting anywhere with WW either. Steve Trevor for the win.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Very nice, specially love the idea of the suicide scene. Given how dark the first movie was that would be a much needed redemption scene.

Awesome list there, friend ^_^

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I so want superman/wonder woman to happen

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44 said:

LOL!. so true thou.

SM/WW still going strong.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#46  Edited By darkdetective27

@black_arrow: Batman and Woman better happen unless they have plans for Catwoman in which case Bats can just have a one night stand with Wondy in the Batcave.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@saintwildcard: I doubt he's Steve Trevor especially considering the rummor is her movie will be set in either WW2 or the 20s.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44 said:

@saintwildcard:

Doubt it. Especially considering who they have said might be Steve Trevor.

They really missed out with this casting. Young Eastwood could have been a FANTASTIC Jonah Hex. And a Jonah Hex movie (straight out western, none of that other garbage) with Vandal Savage that led into a Justice League movie with Vandal Savage? That would have been the dopeness.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

Great OP. I agree completely.

I'd love a badass scene where something negative happens and Clark yells, hysterically flying into space afterward. Something along the lines of the scene from Injustice after he kills Luthor.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Meh. Needs more cowbell