The character wiki

opis34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By opis34

Has anyone looked at the power section of Superman's character wiki lately. Because it seems like some of the descriptions are trying to bash Superman.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me take a look.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

@dondave: I'm not going to read the whole page so I need specifics of what is wrong

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@pikahyper: under his powers section. Its not a description of his powers, its a bunch of "debunks" for his best feats.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pikahyper  Moderator

@allstarsuperman: I'm not seeing any debunking, what sections of the powers section?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper:

Super-Strength

"Superman has the ability to physically lift impossibly massive amounts of weight. Superman's strength easily surpasses the Class 100 strength level (this is the ability to lift over 100 tons under normal conditions) which is the ability to lift in excess of 100 tons with absolutely no effort at all, and has no known limit. Superman's strength is aided in lifting/supporting the most massive objects--especially when flying--by the bio-electric force field his body produces.

The upper limits of Superman's strength have not been determined in "The New 52" reboot. Previous incarnation have shown Superman is not capable of moving planet without help.Superman was able to move a planet, because Hal Jordan aided him.Other times superman actually moved a planet is due to the fact he was empowered by the Strange Visitor.During the World War III storyline, Superman was chained to the endless wheels of the Mageddon machine and did not move the gears of a weapon that dwarfed the combined size of the Earth and the Moon.It was Aztek who committed suicide which released energy. This energy that was released weakened Mageddon. This allowed superman to break out of the chains. He never moved the gears."

Super-Speed

"Superman racing the Flash

Superman has the ability to move and fly incredibly fast. He shows the ability to achieve speeds faster than light, which is only through space travel. His exact limit is unknown, but it is shown that he is not as fast as the Flash. He has flown to the Moon in less than two minutes as well as flying to the Sun in less than 8 minutes which is how long light takes to travel from the Earth to the sun, demonstrating that Superman is capable of traveling at faster than light speeds.Superman does not have Lightspeed or FTL combat speeds.He could only reach those speeds due to acceleration.In Superman For Tommorrow, he failed to catch bullets fired by Equus. Superman does not have FTL reflexes.This is why you see him get punched."

"In Superman For Tommorrow, he failed to catch bullets fired by Equus. Superman does not have FTL reflexes.This is why you see him get punched."

Who ever wrote this is clearly lowballing. And focusing on feats rather then explaining the powers properly.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pikahyper  Moderator

@allstarsuperman: it is opinionated and poorly written by a Canadian but the editor is backing up what he's writing at least, if you don't like it I suggest editing it yourself.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@pikahyper: the powers section is to give basics too what his powers actually are....not prove and disprove who he could beat in a fight.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pikahyper  Moderator

@allstarsuperman: all his examples are not specific battles they are given as examples for scale, if you don't like them just remove them.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Lvenger

@spiderman1997: ...Are you effing kidding me? What is this nonsense? This isn't one of these ridiculous Debunk Superman

@pikahyper How on Earth was this person's nonsensical editing allowed? Superman's character wiki is not the time or the place to try and debunk his feats, who the heck wrote this farcical excuse for a wiki entry? It's getting removed, don't worry, this isn't going to stand. I don't normally do wikis but I'm not having this be Superman's wiki page.

@squalleon@sog7dc@toptom@sanohibiki and even my rival @saint_wildcard we need to sort this out. Superman's powers entry has been ruined by some upstart poster who doesn't know what he's talking about. I'll create a PM to discuss this with your permission.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pikahyper  Moderator

@lvenger: o.O it's not that bad, sure it is poorly written but I'm not seeing anything that is full on inaccurate, I have not read anything from the new 52 yet but everything stated either fits with pre-new 52 knowledge or has basic examples to back it up.

As for letting that person edit, this is a community wiki, anyone can edit, whoever did it is obviously out of moderation though because Superman's page can't be edited by users in moderation (due to a wiki glitch, not intentionally) so the only people that would know something is wrong with it is a person that reads the page at which point they can also edit the page.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm not a Superman fan, but it would seem the powers section should focus on what he can do, not nitpick at things. It kind of looks like spite editing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Damn this is really bad. It's not on. Supes gets enough hate from different places so we don't need some spite editing done on his powers to try and lowball him for no reason.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@lvenger said:

@spiderman1997: ...Are you effing kidding me? What is this nonsense? This isn't one of these ridiculous Debunk Superman

@pikahyper How on Earth was this person's nonsensical editing allowed? Superman's character wiki is not the time or the place to try and debunk his feats, who the heck wrote this farcical excuse for a wiki entry? It's getting removed, don't worry, this isn't going to stand. I don't normally do wikis but I'm not having this be Superman's wiki page.

@squalleon@sog7dc@toptom@sanohibiki and even my rival @saint_wildcard we need to sort this out. Superman's powers entry has been ruined by some upstart poster who doesn't know what he's talking about. I'll create a PM to discuss this with your permission.

Also there are mistakes in other powers too. I just changed the Freeze Breath section because according to the user, Superman has never used it in the New 52.

Also I want to ask something all of you. The user gave an explanation about the freeze breath but I have never seen it elsewhere or in a comic, have you seen it, is it official or at least mentioned somewhere, so can be included:

Superman's ability to chill the large intake of air comes from his lungs compressing the inhaled air and then upon its exhalation, the sudden increase in the volume of gas causes its temperature to drop dramatically

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Unfortunately I have and a lot of what that person said was based on a few blogs that try and 'debunk' or lowball Superman's actual feats. Which is not something that belongs on a wiki page

I'm also wondering why there's no longer a track record for who last edited character pages. On the site's previous models, I believe there were lists of who'd edited wiki pages previously but now that's no longer the case.

Also there are mistakes in other powers too. I just changed the Freeze Breath section because according to the user, Superman has never used it in the New 52.

Also I want to ask something all of you. The user gave an explanation about the freeze breath but I have never seen it elsewhere or in a comic, have you seen it, is it official or at least mentioned somewhere, so can be included:

Superman's ability to chill the large intake of air comes from his lungs compressing the inhaled air and then upon its exhalation, the sudden increase in the volume of gas causes its temperature to drop dramatically

I believe that's ripped straight from the DC database wiki entry on Superman's freeze breath power. Another site that takes liberties with wiki entries.

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: im willing to bet it was antimutant.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@welldone: Goddamit you're probably right, that makes so much sense. I'm tempted to give him a piece of my mind in a PM for the nonsense he's written on the wiki board. Gonna take us a day or two to clean it up.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I've edited the strength, speed and invulnerability sections. Partly because stuff like the Equus thing were just lowballing; he has a vast amount of showings that contradict it, and I doubt anyone would go to, say, Thor's wiki and add the bit about him nearly dying when a ship's mast fell on his head under the Invulnerability section; and also because it needed it. I think as far as possible people shouldn't reference the specifics of feats and just give a general description ("Superman possesses planetary-level strength" rather than "Superman benchpressed infiniteen tons for a week in the core of the Earth without even a spotter for help"). Also all "in the new 52" stuff should probably stop, it's going to date the information and a couple of years from now DC won't be using that term either.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well has I see it. Superman wiki, such has it is with other characters, is a mesh of all different timelines compressed into a sole information source.

And the problem with that, is that much of what was, no longer is. More specifically his feats should always refer only to the most current version, and not the previous ones.

They still refer things like Torquasm-Vo and Torquasm-Rao has being within his arsenal of abilities, when the truth is, that he no longer possesses the knowledge of those abilities.

Also things like subtle changes to his powers, enhancements in the type of energies he can manipulate and emit and diminuishing of his vulnerability to red sunlight aren't even refered.

Basically it's mainly outdated. When it comes to the Powers section.

Also that's why I never advice any of my friends to read the power section, because they'll be mislead with outdated information.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: I thought users in moderation weren't allowed to edit the wiki page? I'm probably confused by what Pikahyper meant in his reply to me, just seemed odd. In any case, thank you for beating me to the edits Saren, you've done a better job than I could have.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people will do just about anything to satiate their hatred for comic characters. It doesn't get any more pathetic than this.

If the problem arises again, anyone can tag me and I'll fix it, if someone else already hasn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

What is the purpose of this edit? Does he hate Superman that much? Kind of sad when you think about it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the purpose of this edit? Does he hate Superman that much? Kind of sad when you think about it.

He's tried to debunk and lowball Superman's best feats beforehand. Fortunately the changes have been edited on the wiki by a mod.

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kenshima15

Supes can't even catch a break on his own page.

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this guy is tracked, is it possible to ban him for life?