#1 Posted by Jeremy1989 (1085 posts) - - Show Bio

Before I ask my question, I would like to publicly apologize for the previous forum "New 52 Superman.......Kind?" where I ranted and expressed my loathing for this Superman that I don't know nothing about or judge the character only by his appearance, attitude, and motives instead of the actual not the actual character itself. Which exposed my ignorance.

And if any New 52 Superman fans were offended by what I just written, I got two words say to you......My bad :(

I know there is more to this Superman than meet the eye.

So here's my question, In your own opinions,

What is the best New 52 Superman stories.(from 2011 to now).

#2 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeremy1989: Grant Morrison's entire Action Comics run, Scott Snyder's work on Unchained, Greg Pak's work on Batman/Superman and Action Comics, Charles Soule on Superman/Wonder Woman even though it's only one issue in plus his Lex villains month issue they were both still great.

Andy Diggle/ Tony Daniel run on AC was good

Scott Lobdell's run on Superman with a bit of Action Comics has been decent so far.

Everything else has been pretty poor.

#3 Posted by Squalleon (6351 posts) - - Show Bio
  • @jeremy1989: Grant Morrison's Run on Action Comics is the most important since the new 52.
  • Avoid the Superman title at all costs
  • Grek Pak's Action Comics start now so you could start with that
  • Grek Pak's Batman/Superman
  • Scott Snyder's Superman Unchained is another great choise
#4 Edited by toptom (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeremy1989: Grant Morrison's entire Action Comics run, Scott Snyder's work on Unchained, Greg Pak's work on Batman/Superman and Action Comics, Charles Soule on Superman/Wonder Woman even though it's only one issue in plus his Lex villains month issue they were both still great.

Scott Lobdell's run on Superman with a bit of Action Comics has been decent so far.

this.

#5 Posted by Lvenger (23135 posts) - - Show Bio

• @jeremy1989: Grant Morrison's Run on Action Comics is the most important since the new 52.

Seconded.

#6 Posted by SanoHibiki (2096 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

this.

Pretty much what this guys said.

#7 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

this.

Pretty much what this guys said.

Glad you guys agree :)

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (15879 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison's whole run on Action Comics has been wonderful.Those are the stories you should be looking most forward to because that is the definite Superman you want to read about.

Another thing you should check out is Greg Pak's Batman/Superman which has been wonderful so far and his first issue on Action Comics was pretty solid as well.

#9 Posted by JLArturo (14328 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want to read GOOD new 52 Superman stories then pick up:

1. Action Comics #25, it's Greg Pak's first issue on the series and you know he'll do great on it because he's been killing it on…
  2. Batman/Superman, which is another title you should read for more good Superman titles.
  3. Also, Superman Unchained by Scott Snyder and Jim Lee is another great choice.
  4. Charles Soule's Superman/Wonder Woman. People will protest this because they oppose the relationship but the story telling is still great. Soule is awesome.
  5. Don't bother reading plain "Superman"because anything with "Scott Lobdell" in it mostly isn't worth reading in the New 52.
#10 Posted by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

Action comics by Morrison and Pak. Superman/Wonder Woman is pretty good.

#11 Edited by PeppeyHare (4315 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon said:

Seconded.

What these guys said.

#12 Posted by EnigmaLantern (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon said:

Seconded.

What these guys said.

Thirded/Fourthed. (Whatevez)

#13 Posted by Jeremy1989 (1085 posts) - - Show Bio

what about he'll on earth or psi war?

#14 Posted by RelloMan (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that liked the H'el storyline?

Maybe I'm just a huge Superman fanatic, (I forced myself to like the first few issues of Superman... I really forced myself) but H'el actually got me excited about it...

But every other Superman title is definitely better...

#15 Edited by toptom (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeremy1989 said:

they were decent, with some good issues and with some bad issues. The main problem with Lobdell is how he tends to write the dialogues but the plot remains interesting though: as you have surely heard in other threads the man has good ideas but he can't execute them very well. Still the art in those comics is usually very good.

However h'el on earth and psi war aren't nearly as bad as people say (they can be difficult to read since they cross many titles), more or less like the Morrison's run wasn't exceptional as people tend to say. Seems like almost no one uses half measures anymore .The truth is that Superman (the character) hasn't been very good in any of his titles with "superman" being the weakest among them...mainly thanks to the previous run of Jurgens and Perez (now that were really horrible).

Still, if you want, you can at least try those story arcs.You should never completely trust other's opinions: after you give those story a chance you can find yourself being completely in agreement with the pople who have hate them or maybe with the pople who have enjoyed them.

#16 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom said:

@jeremy1989 said:

they were decent, with some good issues and with some bad issues. The main problem with Lobdell is how he tends to write the dialogues but the plot remains interesting though: as you have surely heard in other threads the man has good ideas but he can't execute them very well. Still the art in those comics is usually very good.

However h'el on earth and psi war aren't nearly as bad as people say (they can be difficult to read since they cross many titles), more or less like the Morrison's run wasn't exceptional as people tend to say. Seems like almost no one uses half measures anymore .The truth is that Superman (the character) hasn't been very good in any of his titles with "superman" being the weakest among them...mainly thanks to the previous run of Jurgens and Perez (now that were really horrible).

Still, if you want, you can at least try those story arcs.You should never completely trust other's opinions: after you give those story a chance you can find yourself being completely in agreement with the pople who have hate them or maybe with the pople who have enjoyed them.

#17 Edited by Jake Fury (21294 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorites have been Superman & The Men of Steel and Superman/Batman #1-4.

#18 Posted by deaditegonzo (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeremy1989:

H'El on Earth Arc in Superman

Grant Morrison's run on Action Comics (be warned REALLY CONFUSING)

Superman/Wonder Woman is EXCELLENT so far

The Darkseid arc in Justice League, and to a lesser extent the David Graves arc

The Helspont appearances

Superman/Batman has been really good with GORGEOUS art

Superman Unchained is really boring and uninspired.

#19 Posted by toptom (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeremy1989:

H'El on Earth Arc in Superman

Grant Morrison's run on Action Comics (be warned REALLY CONFUSING)

Superman/Wonder Woman is EXCELLENT so far

The Darkseid arc in Justice League, and to a lesser extent the David Graves arc

The Helspont appearances

Superman/Batman has been really good with GORGEOUS art

Superman Unchained is really boring and uninspired.

Pretty much everything you've already said...even if i don't think that S/W is really excellent but still it is more than worty to look at (the art is amazing). I just don't share your opinion with Superman Unchained: i was really disapponted by the first issue but by then it is getting better with each issue imo.