Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#501  Edited By HumanRocket
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I enjoyed this little exchange between Lana and Diana.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@saint_wildcard: Haters are individuals that hate for the sake of hating, someone like johnqestion who never said anything to me that wasn't downright spiteful and mean. My reasons are legit therefore I'm not a hater.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Well, Comicvine nowadays seldom review DC comics (unless they’re JL or Batman’ related); so I’ll post a couple of links:

Newsarama: 8/10

IGN: 8/10.

A 4/5 from CV if Matt hadn't gotten lazy

http://www.comicvine.com/podcasts/

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506  Edited By DianaXKal
No Caption Provided

Superman/Wonder Woman Annual #1

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Superman/Wonder Woman Annual #1

A year in and it's still going strong. 3 more JL issues and it will be 2 years since it started

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Superb editing...

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#509  Edited By Anthonior

Superman & Wonder Woman Selfie Variant Cover.

No Caption Provided

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

That is damn cute!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthonior said:

No Caption Provided

What’s up with all those selfie covers recently? ;) And by the Rao, I like Tony Daniel’s art.

P.S. Sometimes I wondered if Diana wearing lipstick or her lips are supposed to be naturally red. Guess I have my answer :-)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's taking over for Daniel?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once work eases up I should really write some SM/WW fan fic..... well it really wouldn't be about them but their kids.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

Who's taking over for Daniel?

I heard it will be Paulo Siquera – he drawn SM/WW #7 and Darkseid origin story in New-52. Not too bad I guess, but I’ll miss Daniel.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This picture is exactly how Supes/Wondy should reflect in the books IMO, it's Superman who's the average joe everyman being overwhelmed for a change by his super hot high class dominate girlfriend who is Supes superior in brains(on a social well cultured level), style, and confidence(Superman is confident but not assured and doubts himself moderately).

It's like Peter Parker and Mary Jane in this picture, only with two godly beings and the world as their oyster.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthonior said:

No Caption Provided

That is damn cute!

I tend to shy away from expressions like that, but... my thoughts exactly

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518  Edited By johnqestion

Hehe. Gotta love this.

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54055

SM/WW is Number 13 on the list :D

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ain't surprising the book is popular and the merchandise is selling like crazy. heck there are so many people getting tats of these two it ain't even funny.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

ain't surprising the book is popular and the heck there are so many people getting tats of these two it ain't even funny.

It is if you're around here. I don't know if you remember SuperWondy, she was so smug when talking about the lowering sales and trashing the book. Also had an army of alts that would quote and only appear on anti SM/WW topics.

merchandise is selling like crazy.

Haha, I bought 2 of those Tony Daniel shirts. DC is definitely promoting them hard, makes me wonder why they would want them to break up so soon.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick said:

@saint_wildcard said:

ain't surprising the book is popular and the heck there are so many people getting tats of these two it ain't even funny.

It is if you're around here. I don't know if you remember SuperWondy, she was so smug when talking about the lowering sales and trashing the book. Also had an army of alts that would quote and only appear on anti SM/WW topics.

Haha, I bought 2 of those Tony Daniel shirts. DC is definitely promoting them hard, makes me wonder why they would want them to break up so soon.

We were talking about the solicit for #12 over at the CBR thread. I said:

I always say that I'm not worried one bit. Every couple of months something else arises that can trouble a WW/SM shipper, and I refuse to be on edge over nothing. DC would be unbelievably stupid to do such a thing, and then, who the heck would either of them date afterward? Everyone else would be a downgrade, and it's not like they'd just be single for the rest of time. I think the solicit is referring to Hessia or Strife, but I guess we'll just have to see.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523  Edited By SaintWildcard

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick said:

@saint_wildcard said:

yes i do haven't seen him/her in a while guess they got tired of being wrong lol.

Man i got that shit too and also gonna get my tat of them.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes i do haven't seen him/her in a while guess they got tired of being wrong lol.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/deletecombine-pages-3/superman-ww-biggest-flop-comic-about-superman-1528592/#49

I remember this thread but I thought it was a SuperWOndy thread. But I like to think he/she got banned for all those alts and bumping to much.

I would love to get a SUperman tat....but I want a theme and not random tatoos all over my body

I want tattoos that look like those stitches on my body.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick said:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/deletecombine-pages-3/superman-ww-biggest-flop-comic-about-superman-1528592/#49

I remember this thread but I thought it was a SuperWOndy thread. But I like to think he/she got banned for all those alts and bumping to much.

I would love to get a SUperman tat....but I want a theme and not random tatoos all over my body

I want tattoos that look like those stitches on my body.

nice i have a theme as well i mostly have dragon tats, but i just love this couple so much i gotta have one of them.

Aww if he/she got banned its a shame i always get a good laugh of what they would say alon with archie.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527  Edited By johnqestion

SM/WW #12. Going to miss Tony Daniel! The October Monster's zombie variant is A-mazing!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SM/WW #12. Going to miss Tony Daniel! The October Monster's zombie variant is A-mazing!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That second cover made my stomach churn, but I guess that'd be the point.

Anyways, glad to see we're going back to Diana's family, and not just because the cover seems to suggest Strife is gonna be playing a role

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

That second cover made my stomach churn, but I guess that'd be the point.

Anyways, glad to see we're going back to Diana's family, and not just because the cover seems to suggest Strife is gonna be playing a role

Strife was awesome in those first issues.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

My favorite selfie cover so far! Wow! I wonder how much money I personally would have to give DC for this to become permanent, and for us to get the happy ending we got in Kingdom Come? Cause I have my WW checks at the ready.

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@anthonior said:

No Caption Provided

My favorite selfie cover so far! Wow! I wonder how much money I personally would have to give DC for this to become permanent, and for us to get the happy ending we got in Kingdom Come? Cause I have my WW checks at the ready.

Not only permanent but also included and done in other media such as movies, animated movies, tv series, cartoons besides the comic books and the merchandise that are given solid sales for it to continue. It's my favorite selfie cover as well and a reminder of what a shame it is that Tony Daniel is leaving the title, because his artwork done on Diana it's really great, everytime she looks beautiful and in this case also happy with someone she loves and feels connected to. Hopefully one day we can see this in other media but for starters I wish there were hints in MOS:DOJ and work on it a bit more in the Justice League movie since it seems this movie universe it's based on the new 52 with Cyborg included in the roster for the League with possibly Aquaman as well.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532  Edited By SanoHibiki

@saint_wildcard said:

No Caption Provided

Say what you want about Doomed, but it gave sales boost to both AC and SM/WW :-)

Now, I like Azzarello’s run, but with him gone I hope that Diana’s books would became more “open world” and Soule will get more material to write WW’s centered arcs.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533  Edited By SanoHibiki

@johnqestion said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Looks like Daniel still will be doing SM/WW covers - O_0 dat second cover…

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534  Edited By deaditegonzo
No Caption Provided

Look, they belong together. It is destined.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535  Edited By johnqestion

Seriously we need at some point to see children of Clark and Diana. Batman gets legacy characters that are not lame like Damien and Terry and Helena...(Chris Kent, Jon Lane Kent are seriously lame and boring...I would not want to read about them on any permanent basis) so why can't we get some new characters. Having more superboys/girls and wonder girls is so cliche especially when we have Conner and Kara and Cassie and maybe Donna. Come on DC create something new and amazing. Even if it is another earth seeing they don't want the new 52 prime earth characters happy or married etc.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I admit a soft spot for Jonathan Kent 11 from The Kingdom. He could be awesome with time travel and working with the linear men making him able to go past and future in all kinds of wild adventures and facing powerful foes etc.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion:

Chris Kent, Jon Lane Kent are seriously lame and boring...I would not want to read about them on any permanent basis

Just to be fair – originally I found Chris Kent to be nice character. Kid with “abusing parents” (who used him as a tool) finds new home and caring family. Simple concept; nothing extraordinary, but everything ok. Of course, later it all got warped. It appears that he is Phantom Zone mutant, with rapid aging and weird powers, then being avatar or something, Nightwing and Flamebird, etc. Weird and pointless.

Jon Lame-Kent though – insert “BURN IT WITH FIRE” meme there.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that truth that SM/WW and AC annuals delayed? Granted, it’s only a one more week, but damn; I was really looking forward to them.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently it's Charlie Soule's birthday. I'd sent him a tweet but.... I don't tweet.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/wonder-woman-costume-reveal-at-sdcc-1584293/#5

So what do you guys think?

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540  Edited By johnqestion

@sanohibiki said:

@johnqestion:

Chris Kent, Jon Lane Kent are seriously lame and boring...I would not want to read about them on any permanent basis

Just to be fair – originally I found Chris Kent to be nice character. Kid with “abusing parents” (who used him as a tool) finds new home and caring family. Simple concept; nothing extraordinary, but everything ok. Of course, later it all got warped. It appears that he is Phantom Zone mutant, with rapid aging and weird powers, then being avatar or something, Nightwing and Flamebird, etc. Weird and pointless.

And therein lies the crux of the problem. The kid had no personality. Nice= vanilla. We already had a vanilla Clark Kent back then, did we need to have a vanilla kid as well? The kid came from "abusing parents" and no tangible problems adjusting. The kid just accept Lois and Clark. That's giving those two a kid on a platter without the stress and earning the right to even be parents was how I saw that whole storyline. A kid like that would be a little messed up for a while. I found that a joke compared to what Bruce undergoes with Damien. Now I am not saying Chris had to be a little hellion but come on, think about story and how much more interesting if they had given Chris some stuff he need to seriously get over. Clark was more a parent to Kara and Conner if we compare the way DC dragged in Chris and Chris only came in because DC thought the public wanted to see a son of Superman but after the stinker of Superman Returns, no wanted to see that. DC wanted to have Lois and Clark behave the same way they behave but with a child and that's dumb. Their lives would have had to change. That is what children bring.The kid written in the Justice League Beyond...the son of Wonder Woman and evil Lord Superman, little Zod had more personality in the short time he appeared and I am no fan of those Beyond books because they are so Batman centric. And the fact that we have no Chris Kent but we still have a Damien who sells books is a testament to the fact which was better executed. Also Jon Lame Kent was Lobdell trying to muddy the waters for SM/WW but the readership is having none of that crap again. Superboy aka Conner should be his own character. Not some weak attempt to drag Lois into the equation. That's Superboy's sales just plummeted the moment that reveal her dna was used. You want to create a weapon capable of killing Superman...use Lois' human dna. That makes no sense to me. DC trying to clean up that mess I see because Superboy title going to end. Shame for Superboy fans to see their character's book dive that way barely 3 years in a reboot. Making this another weird and pointless attempt of lame clois children.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that truth that SM/WW and AC annuals delayed? Granted, it’s only a one more week, but damn; I was really looking forward to them.

Yeah. I think both coming out on 6th August. So you'll get both on the same day. I guess that makes up for it?

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Best selfie ever! I love this so much<3

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously we need at some point to see children of Clark and Diana. Batman gets legacy characters that are not lame like Damien and Terry and Helena...(Chris Kent, Jon Lane Kent are seriously lame and boring...I would not want to read about them on any permanent basis) so why can't we get some new characters. Having more superboys/girls and wonder girls is so cliche especially when we have Conner and Kara and Cassie and maybe Donna. Come on DC create something new and amazing. Even if it is another earth seeing they don't want the new 52 prime earth characters happy or married etc.

I admit a soft spot for Jonathan Kent 11 from The Kingdom. He could be awesome with time travel and working with the linear men making him able to go past and future in all kinds of wild adventures and facing powerful foes etc.

Right? If they just gave me an different Earth book, perhaps a "Kingdom Come Universe" or something, where this happened, i'd probably drop the main U that same day and just read it from then on. And they could have all my money.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion:

Just to play devil’s advocate.

I’ll admit that I have only the superficial knowledge about Batclan (only read a dozen or so Bat’s issues and know about his supporting cast only from movies), so I don’t know anything about success of Damien Wayne.

But about this –

The kid came from "abusing parents" and no tangible problems adjusting. The kid just accept Lois and Clark. That's giving those two a kid on a platter without the stress and earning the right to even be parents was how I saw that whole storyline. A kid like that would be a little messed up for a while.

I distinctly remember that Chris actually had troubles adjusting to the life on Earth (he feared that his adopted family will get rid of him if he’ll screw up something even once), then Lois had troubles with relating to him and making him feel welcomed, etc. If I’m not mistaken, it started in issue where Supes faced some space Insect-queen who cloned Lana’s body for herself.

But I’ll give you that – whole Chris’ story feels somewhat redundant, forced, like authors weren’t sure what they should do to him until the final battle with his biological parents. Chris rightfully was the important part of Last Son storyline – and that all to that. He appearance and disappearance could have added some tragic/heroism to this story, weird stuff that happens after just … cheapened the whole Chris’ character.

The kid written in the Justice League Beyond...the son of Wonder Woman and evil Lord Superman, little Zod had more personality in the short time he appeared

I’m not sure about quality of his character though (we’ll see how it goes) and, in all honesty, don’t like the Diana’s treatment either in this book. Then again, it based on Timm’s JL, so it’s kinda expected.

Superboy aka Conner should be his own character. Not some weak attempt to drag Lois into the equation. That's Superboy's sales just plummeted the moment that reveal her dna was used. You want to create a weapon capable of killing Superman...use Lois' human dna. That makes no sense to me.

Now, about Superboy. To tell the truth, the whole “bioweapon to kill Superman” was revealed to be a ruse. New-52 Kon-El was created to be the living bank of donor organs for JLK, to help his condition. From that point of view, it makes sense to create him from Clark and Lois ‘s DNA – but this whole “big reveal” story s…cks hard. Plus a little bit about using Lois’ DNA. I think I read it somewhere in Lobdell’s interview that JLK was conceived when Lois had her New-52 psionic powers, making her Metahuman. Of course, like will most of Lobdell’s storylines, it wasn’t finished, confirmed, developed or rejected. So, what can I say – I didn’t like Clark/Lex origin for Superboy, but still, it was a lesser evil than what we got in New-52.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion said:

Yeah. I think both coming out on 6th August. So you'll get both on the same day. I guess that makes up for it?

Umm, just one little problem. My family doing our traditional “retreat for some time into wilderness”-thing around 4 till 15 August – and big chance that there wouldn’t be any Comixology for me until we all return (I’m rather impatient person, I’ll suffer these days :-(

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546  Edited By TheBlondeGod

So Supes and WW's sex would be just crazy as hell. Superman pounding that Wonder ass every day. Lol

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblondegod: I commission a lot of art about their sex life, with the focus being on her breasts. ;)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion: when does Daniels leave and who is takeing over on the art ?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki said:

@johnqestion:

And therein lies the crux of the problem. The kid had no personality. Nice= vanilla. We already had a vanilla Clark Kent back then, did we need to have a vanilla kid as well? The kid came from "abusing parents" and no tangible problems adjusting. The kid just accept Lois and Clark. That's giving those two a kid on a platter without the stress and earning the right to even be parents was how I saw that whole storyline. A kid like that would be a little messed up for a while. I found that a joke compared to what Bruce undergoes with Damien. Now I am not saying Chris had to be a little hellion but come on, think about story and how much more interesting if they had given Chris some stuff he need to seriously get over. Clark was more a parent to Kara and Conner if we compare the way DC dragged in Chris and Chris only came in because DC thought the public wanted to see a son of Superman but after the stinker of Superman Returns, no wanted to see that. DC wanted to have Lois and Clark behave the same way they behave but with a child and that's dumb. Their lives would have had to change. That is what children bring.The kid written in the Justice League Beyond...the son of Wonder Woman and evil Lord Superman, little Zod had more personality in the short time he appeared and I am no fan of those Beyond books because they are so Batman centric. And the fact that we have no Chris Kent but we still have a Damien who sells books is a testament to the fact which was better executed. Also Jon Lame Kent was Lobdell trying to muddy the waters for SM/WW but the readership is having none of that crap again. Superboy aka Conner should be his own character. Not some weak attempt to drag Lois into the equation. That's Superboy's sales just plummeted the moment that reveal her dna was used. You want to create a weapon capable of killing Superman...use Lois' human dna. That makes no sense to me. DC trying to clean up that mess I see because Superboy title going to end. Shame for Superboy fans to see their character's book dive that way barely 3 years in a reboot. Making this another weird and pointless attempt of lame clois children.

don't forget Lara she was awesome in the dark knight strikes again. Most kids of wondy and supes are just plain awesome hope the new 52 brings one that is just as awesome.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaxkal: HEY! Man I would love to read that! Pass them on! :D