Supermans power level during Truth

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

So how much power do you think he will have during the event ?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Seemed like he was around Luke Cage-level in the AC preview.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah he seems much weaker than his power level during Grant Morrison's initial run.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Yeah he seems much weaker than his power level during Grant Morrison's initial run.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I can't believe anyone is even interested in this story.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Superguy1591

@sog7dc: I can't believe you're resenting the story before a single book has been written.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: if he's going to fight Martian he'll have to be stronger than that.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SOG7dc

@superguy1591: Really? I don't like anything about what they've shown us so far and, based on my feelings, it's astonishing to me that anyone is interested in the story. This is a common occurrence, where people make judgements based on previews of whether or not they're interested in something and not just on this site but in life in general. It's strange that you can't believe that.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By Saren

@saren: if he's going to fight Martian he'll have to be stronger than that.

I doubt they're going to fight at all.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Fair enough, I'll let you know if you should pick it up then because I'm interested in seeing what they do. Luang, Pak and Tomasi are a pretty good trio--we know it will be better than Doomed, that's for sure.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: A parrot could write something better than Doomed. I'll be reading back issues of pre52 Superman until they go in a direction I like.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well it appears that all his powers greatly diminished or gone. but i cannot tell what his strength level is because when fighting he seemed strong. and he was strong enough to rip his indestructible cape so who knows.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Squalleon

@coolcat4 said:

well it appears that all his powers greatly diminished or gone. but i cannot tell what his strength level is because when fighting he seemed strong. and he was strong enough to rip his indestructible cape so who knows.

The cape was ripped to shreads because of the fortress. Not much standing there.

He had trouble lifting up a truck in the Superman preview.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deathfalcon182

@sog7dc: then you'll be waiting for a long time to read the Superman you want, GLY has said they're preparing for about year's worth of story using this premise across that title and i think Johns has said he'll be addressing new Batman and Superman post TDW.

kuroimugetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

his Pl was over 9000 ;)

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Less than 9000

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: I think he might be a little stronger cause when he was fight those ninjas in the AC preview he shattered the trees around him.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@z3ro180: He is weaker. He has to ride and not fly.He even said he could stay in the core of the sun and not worry about the heat or swim in the ice oceans of titan.Not the case here.

The Fortress does not even recognize him.

Is like Greg Pak is taking a Hulk route with Superman.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: can you explain what you mean by a hulk path ?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@z3ro180: . Since using the solar flare has a longer lasting effect on him than 24 hours. So all we just see is just rash actions in the preview.Normally by now Superman would have been in the lab monitoring an checking himself either with Dr Shay or Someone else.

If you look at the comic properly the whole sneak peak.

If you read Hulk comic you would have seen some familiar scene.EG where he has tons of characters on him and then all of sudden he breaks free.

Then you have the smashing of driving both hands in the floor.

Then yes you are mad that you can get in but to be scream like you know who.

It just did not feel like Superman to me.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By z3ro180

@tensor: ohh right I get you now, I think well I hope that by the end of this arc that they get rid of the solar flare power and say that this was his body evolving because he has been under a yellow sun his whole life.

ThanoswithIG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

new 52 superman is weak

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@superguy1591: A parrot could write something better than Doomed. I'll be reading back issues of pre52 Superman until they go in a direction I like.

Well Doomed wasn't that bad,the main problem with it was that its issues were mostly hit or miss however some of those comics were really nice, i mean, imo AC # 34 was one of the most exciting and funny comics that Superman has had in a long time,the action was huge and the art was terrific thanks to kuder.

new 52 superman is weak

Lol

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathfalcon182: That's fine. For whatever it's worth, DC won't be getting my money for something I think is terrible. I'm not indicting anyone who else who may enjoy it, it's just totally not to my liking. It works out fine for me because I've been wanting to read some pre52 stuff for a while now.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Well he had to be able to match the strength of the fortress. and nothing suggest he struggled to lift a truck he blocked it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It's not top of my list of biggest problems and issues with Truth before it's even started but I'm not very fond of Superman losing his powers either. Depowering Superman is a completely cheap trick for telling a Superman story where the titular character is facing a genuine and intriguing threat/problem and I would certainly have thought writers like Yang, Pak and Tomasi could do better than that. He's Superman, we should be seeing him do super things with his powers, not hobbling along like a crutch.

As for his Truth power levels, I'd estimate them dropping close to his early Jeans & T-Shirt days. Maybe even Golden Age power levels if the writers feel like Superman needs to lose most of his power set for them to tell their terribly derivative Superman crossover. Just another reason I'm not looking forward to the next year or so of Truth being Superman's status quo.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

Same powers minus two at least.

Strength, speed, and senses are still on. Although in a lesser power level. Has for his energetic powers, heat and x-rays those are still in the unknown category. But pretty soon well know if he still has them or not.

But depending on what's happening to him and Kara, there's no telling if this is only temporary, or if both of them are going through a long term change.

Until we learn the cause of this mutation in their physiology all we can do is guess.

For all we know, this might have been Xa-Du plan all along, by forcing them to go Kandor. The trip might have somehow changed them. Who knows...

But there's still a lot of other things going on besides their loss of powers. So this arc might be a long one. And we might have to get used to see Superman and Supergirl on this level, weaker or totally powerless.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By z3ro180
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

Yes. In her last issue at the very end of the comic we see her cut herself in a regular way.

Like any human.

So what's happening to Kal is also happening to Kara. Now if it's exactly the same way, I can't say yet.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By z3ro180
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

Highly doubt it :-)

But no worries, in about 4 months or so, well get the answers.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@heavenlydarkdragon: it's happening to Kara aswel ?

It was probably introduced as a way to keep Supergirl out of the picture until a new comic could be launched in conjunction with the TV show, so I don't think Superman's power loss will be similar to Kara's.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@sog7dc said:

I can't believe anyone is even interested in this story.

I like Superman (despite the constant mocking of my fan status), but I'm a fan of story telling first. I wanna see how this plays out. Hereos are meant to be tested for our amusement

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Strong enough to beat up GOku

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: So are you still going to try and buy Truth and drop it if you don't like it?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I'm going to give AC or Superman a try cause from what it looks like each of the superman books will be following their own story under the Truth banner. Don't want to buy every issue under the sun incase it sucks, plus there are other DC stuff starting in June I want to check out and if truth does suck then yeah I'll drop it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Fair enough, I thought that's what you might do. Hopefully you'll be able to follow what's going on what with Truth being a crossover. I'm checking out some other DC stuff in the summer to avoid having to think about what Truth will do to Superman for too long.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: yeah same, I like the idea of truth but it's not a good enough one to make me completly follow the crossover.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Truth, his whiny prick power level is so bad, it makes Elseworlds Superman look good.