#1 Edited by krspaceT (1463 posts) - - Show Bio

Just think about it: the Symbiote suit adapted Spiderman's powers and made them stronger. If a Symbiote attached itself to a Kryptonian, just imagine the power

#2 Posted by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not so sure. Does the symbiote give a fixed amount of power or a multiplyer? If the former, then the boost would be minuscule to Superman, and introduce weakness he doesn't need. Bad enough a sonic can hurt his ears, now add that effect on his whole body. Imagine he uses his heat vision too close to himself and hurts himself from the heat.

#3 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

Imagine he uses his heat vision too close to himself and hurts himself from the heat.

Or his super hearing sensing more loud noises...

#4 Edited by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad:

Can't believe I forgot: NO MORE SUN DIPPING!

#5 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

The symbiote doesn't enhance the abilities of it's user. All it did for Spider-Man was give him a camouflage ability and unlimited webbing. Even then, I don't think it can replicate Superman's powers as his powers are sustained from an exterior power source, not from himself.

#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be difficult to do cause well heat vision and all plus he absorbs sunlight so there's that as well

#8 Edited by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting idea

#9 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Superman need to be stronger? This is a guy who can fly through the sun and tow the moon. Superman is never beaten because he wasn't strong enough.

#10 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

The symbiote doesn't enhance the abilities of it's user. All it did for Spider-Man was give him a camouflage ability and unlimited webbing. Even then, I don't think it can replicate Superman's powers as his powers are sustained from an exterior power source, not from himself.

Well, it also made Spider-man physically stronger and almost completely invulnerable, but I kind of doubt it would help Supes at all. I think you all hit the nail on the head, it adds more weaknesses than benefits.

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: The symbiote never made Spider-Man physically stronger nor invulnerable. That's a common misconception created by the Animated series in the '90's and most recently Spider-Man 3 where it was shown to give Peter improved physicality.

#12 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: I wouldn't take wikipedia's for granted as Spider-Man has never once mentioned during his time with the Symbiote that it enhanced any of his physical abilities. All it did was grant him unlimited webbing and a camouflage ability. When it transferred hosts, it gave them enhanced replicated powers of Spider-Man but that's the extent.

#14 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: What do you mean it doesnt enhance the abilities of its user? He made old Scorpion stronger, made Eddie stronger?

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf: Read my post above. It replicated the powers of Spider-Man and enhanced them, but on it's original host, it did nothing of the sort.

#16 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Well every symbiote ever, even one's that werent on a super human first have granted their host enhanced abilities, at the same level as Venom or even greater. Although, Gargan, who was already a super human, was stronger than Brocks Venom, the symbiote abilities seeming to stack with his own. I dont recall a specific mention in comics that the symbiote did increase Spidey's strength though.

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: To my knowledge, the only notable Symbiotes were birthed from Venom and Carnage, who in turn simply replicated and expanded on Spider-Man's powers or genetic code. Venom was only slightly stronger than Spider-Man with his biggest advantage being the ability to negate his Spider-Sense. As the Symbiote's reproduced, their offspring became more powerful, as is the case with Carnage and Toxin.

But again, there has never been a mention of Spider-Man gaining any enhancements from the Symbiote. That was always the misconception brought on by TAS and Spider-Man 3.

#18 Posted by consolemaster001 (4938 posts) - - Show Bio

it wouldn't work

#19 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: My mistake. I was under the assumption that Superman would be getting the Venom that we know (after the abilities of Spiderman and Scorpion not an untainted symbiote

#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by w0nd (2861 posts) - - Show Bio
@deranged_midget said:

Exactly i never made spider-man stronger originally. That was just introduced in the show, but why did it turn venom into a hulking mass, as well as toxin.

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

You mean in regards to physical size? Well for Eddie, he was already larger in size than Peter was so Venom was made larger and more imposing. Similarly to Toxin and Flash, the angrier and out of control the host became, the more physically violent the symbiote would appear. At least, that's my best guess.

#23 Edited by consolemaster001 (4938 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by HaiDer (10 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah but imagine the symbiote replicated supermans powers, then it would basically become a sun suit like superboy primes except it would heal and could probably shoot heatvision from his hands